PDA

View Full Version : Whites don't use this quote.

TTQ64
05-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Riots are the voices of the unheard

but racist whites love quoting this person.

Hermes Thoth
05-31-2020, 04:51 PM

affirmative action is racism! burn it all down!

Jack
05-31-2020, 05:50 PM
Should Black people have the Right of Return?
Repatriation.
Apparently this 'diversity' thing isn't working.

ThatOwlWoman
05-31-2020, 05:51 PM

I've seen several racists quoting Dr. King and Nelson Mandela, including here on JPP. They think by quoting these good men that the toxic hate will be magically washed away. How wrong they are.

ThatOwlWoman
05-31-2020, 05:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SoKo3fC.jpg

Eagle_Eye
05-31-2020, 05:59 PM

Pretty fucking bad when a so called black woman takes MLK out of context to spread her racism. What the slut failed to say was the rest of the statement
he asked that followed: "What is it that America has failed to hear?"
This was rhetorical. He had the answers ready. He said that it failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. That large segments of society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. This was 1967

Jack
05-31-2020, 06:03 PM
Pretty fucking bad when a so called black woman takes MLK out of context to spread her racism. What the slut failed to say was the rest of the statement

That's hard to read, EE. What is that ... your attempt at Ebonics?

AProudLefty
05-31-2020, 06:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SoKo3fC.jpg

Powerful.

ThatOwlWoman
05-31-2020, 06:36 PM

So now you get to decide who is what race here?

The quote was *not* taken out of context at all. Have you read the surrounding words??

"Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. ... But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. [Martin Luther King Jr., "The Other America"]"

https://theweek.com/speedreads/917022/riot-language-unheard-martin-luther-king-jr-explained-53-years-ago

05-31-2020, 06:44 PM
The quotes from MLK and Nelson Mandela posted seem to be making the point as intended....very much so.... The OP? Not so much....

signalmankenneth
05-31-2020, 06:58 PM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rMTqXx70mL0/XtFzcKirKZI/AAAAAAAA5l8/fuM_HmFOI543etfs1s1bQB_pHRLir_jXwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/100507851_3027253513978991_2637696805550161920_o.j pg

ThatOwlWoman
05-31-2020, 07:27 PM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rMTqXx70mL0/XtFzcKirKZI/AAAAAAAA5l8/fuM_HmFOI543etfs1s1bQB_pHRLir_jXwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/100507851_3027253513978991_2637696805550161920_o.j pg

Amen, Brother Kenneth.

https://i.imgur.com/Fjb1TnY.jpg

TTQ64
05-31-2020, 07:30 PM

Like I will listen to you to explain King to me.

Fuck off.

PostmodernProphet
05-31-2020, 07:37 PM

odd.....I have never ever seen anyone quote that......

Eagle_Eye
06-01-2020, 08:02 AM
So now you get to decide who is what race here?

The quote was *not* taken out of context at all. Have you read the surrounding words??

"Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. ... But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. [Martin Luther King Jr., "The Other America"]"

https://theweek.com/speedreads/917022/riot-language-unheard-martin-luther-king-jr-explained-53-years-ago

Owl you act like Trump, you jump without thinking about what you are jumping at!!!!! 1st TTQ claimed in a post to me that one she is a female and two she is black so If I'm incorrect blame the messenger not me! Second if you had tried thinking instead of jumping you would have seen that I qualified MLK's opening statement. There is a little know thing when posting it's called brevity you should try it someday. But then I keep forgetting you are the forums soul and conscience and as such you feel you have the right to judge others.

Eagle_Eye
06-01-2020, 08:07 AM
Like I will listen to you to explain King to me.

Fuck off.

And I will listen to you when you renounce your racism. Fuck you back at ya!

StoneByStone
06-01-2020, 08:15 AM

Fuck that person.

ThatOwlWoman
06-01-2020, 08:51 AM
Owl you act like Trump, you jump without thinking about what you are jumping at!!!!! 1st TTQ claimed in a post to me that one she is a female and two she is black so If I'm incorrect blame the messenger not me! Second if you had tried thinking instead of jumping you would have seen that I qualified MLK's opening statement. There is a little know thing when posting it's called brevity you should try it someday. But then I keep forgetting you are the forums soul and conscience and as such you feel you have the right to judge others.

Usually if you use the phrase "so-called" in front of a noun, it indicates that you doubt what follows is true. In other words, you are doubting that TTQ is a black woman. Did you not write "Pretty fucking bad when a so called black woman ..."?

Hermes Thoth
06-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Usually if you use the phrase "so-called" in front of a noun, it indicates that you doubt what follows is true. In other words, you are doubting that TTQ is a black woman. Did you not write "Pretty fucking bad when a so called black woman ..."?

is this your so called rebuttal?

Eagle_Eye
06-01-2020, 09:02 AM

Just because someone claims to be something in a forum doesn't mean it's true. We have people here who claim to be (I exaggerate) Rocket scientist or Nero-surgeons. So anyone can claim to be anything. There are too many racists that will assume a black persona in order to make blacks look bad. Same with conservatives and liberals. So to answer your question No, I'm not sure she is a she or black.

ThatOwlWoman
06-01-2020, 09:14 AM
Just because someone claims to be something in a forum doesn't mean it's true. We have people here who claim to be (I exaggerate) Rocket scientist or Nero-surgeons. So anyone can claim to be anything. There are too many racists that will assume a black persona in order to make blacks look bad. Same with conservatives and liberals. So to answer your question No, I'm not sure she is a she or black.

That's true, we've seen ppl claim to be teachers and doctors too, who aren't.

That being said, you have no reason to doubt TTQ's statements that she is a black woman. You guys just don't like the Dr. King quote that she opened this thread with, because it is painfully true -- 50+ years later. So instead of discussing the quote and what it means today, you all attack the messenger.

Eagle_Eye
06-01-2020, 09:29 AM
That's true, we've seen ppl claim to be teachers and doctors too, who aren't.

That being said, you have no reason to doubt TTQ's statements that she is a black woman. You guys just don't like the Dr. King quote that she opened this thread with, because it is painfully true -- 50+ years later. So instead of discussing the quote and what it means today, you all attack the messenger.

No I object to taking a statement out of context. As I said
This was rhetorical. He had the answers ready. He said that it failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. That large segments of society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. This was 1967 The last part puts the true meaning of his words into context. Chopping up Dr. King's words does him a great injustice.

Take this statement,

And those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. [enthusiastic applause] There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

Sounds like he is endorsing revolution doesn't it?

But when this is added it takes on a whole new meaning.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: in the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. (My Lord, No, no, no, no) [applause] We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. (My Lord) Again and again (No, no), we must rise to the majestic heights (Yes) of meeting physical force with soul force. (My Lord) The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people (Hmm), for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny [sustained applause], and they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.

Full text https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/king-papers/documents/i-have-dream-address-delivered-march-washington-jobs-and-freedom

Mason Melchizedek
06-01-2020, 10:10 AM
The quotes from MLK and Nelson Mandela posted seem to be making the point as intended....very much so.... The OP? Not so much....

Hypocrisy when posted by a racist like yourself

06-01-2020, 10:12 AM

Mason Melchizedek
06-01-2020, 10:14 AM

You posting MLK and Nelson Mandela is hypocritical,you're a well-known hater of Oprah

Hermes Thoth
06-01-2020, 10:16 AM
You posting MLK and Nelson Mandela is hypocritical,you're a well-known hater of Oprah

are you serious right now?

06-01-2020, 10:17 AM
:oprah:

06-01-2020, 10:19 AM
So good it needs posted again;) And it was:cool: "It works"....so very well:)
“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom “Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction. So when Jesus says “Love your enemies,” he is setting forth a profound and ultimately inescapable admonition. Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies– or else? The chain reaction of evil–hate begetting hate, wars producing wars–must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.”

― Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love

Mason Melchizedek
06-01-2020, 10:46 AM
are you serious right now?

I've known Top the racist long before here

Mason Melchizedek
06-01-2020, 10:46 AM
:oprah:

"I rest my case" !:thinking:

Bourbon
06-01-2020, 11:14 AM
https://imgur.com/2Qwjpq0.jpg

cawacko
06-01-2020, 11:36 AM
https://imgur.com/2Qwjpq0.jpg

The biggest road block to get rid of bad caps are the police unions. It's really not that different than trying to get rid of bad teachers. How do officers with multiple complaints against them remain on the force? Because their unions protect them.

Hermes Thoth
06-01-2020, 11:43 AM
I've known Top the racist long before here

oprah and mlk = not same ballpark

Mason Melchizedek
06-01-2020, 11:46 AM
oprah and mlk = not same ballpark

So you're enabling Top's racism?

Hermes Thoth
06-01-2020, 11:47 AM
So you're enabling Top's racism?

you're a loon

Mason Melchizedek
06-01-2020, 12:14 PM
you're a loon

I will take that as a yes ,you're an enabler!

Hermes Thoth
06-01-2020, 12:27 PM
I will take that as a yes ,you're an enabler!

whatevs...it's a free country.

Nordberg
06-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Repatriation.

Working for lots of us. The bigots are still not letting go of their hate.

Damocles
06-01-2020, 01:55 PM
It is very likely that racist driven posts will start moving to the NSFW arena. Folks cannot have this kind of thing showing up on their feeds when they are in the office. Thankfully we have an area designed just for that.

Jack
06-01-2020, 02:12 PM
It is very likely that racist driven posts will start moving to the NSFW arena. Folks cannot have this kind of thing showing up on their feeds when they are in the office. Thankfully we have an area designed just for that.

Maybe have a 'Racist Posts' Forum?

Nordberg
06-01-2020, 02:33 PM
The whole thing is "Bad apples spoil the whole bunch" If you use the proverb, use it all because the whole bunch is spoiled. They should root out the bad ones. But they have had so many ,so long, that they are leading the departments. They run for office and they spread their hate all along the pathway.

christiefan915
06-01-2020, 04:01 PM

Police in several cities have been taking a knee over this.

https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2020/06/01/76d7d482-020c-4807-9f8b-7779943b27a1/thumbnail/640x360/a5417d035bdca6e78c38724c657684c1/copsknneels-493406-640x360.jpg

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2020/06/01/PDEM/a027b41f-8872-4cbe-bce4-d508f5561599-019-protest-0531.JPG?width=660&height=440&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdailygazette.com%2Fsites%2Fdefaul t%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Farticle_image%2Fpublic%2FSCHD Yprotestknee99.jpg%3Fitok%3DsZk49yXy&f=1&nofb=1

Mason Melchizedek
06-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Repatriation.

Insulting as fuck Jack!If Blacks go back,everyone goes back where their ancestors came from

Jack
06-05-2020, 04:14 PM
Insulting as fuck Jack!If Blacks go back,everyone goes back where their ancestors came from

We all came from Africa, Mason. :(

Mason Melchizedek
06-05-2020, 04:45 PM
We all came from Africa, Mason. :(

Holy Toledo =Genesis 3:22-24

BattleofHodow
06-05-2020, 05:21 PM
The rioters are ONLY heard through media, rolls eyes.

Jack
06-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Holy Toledo =Genesis 3:22-24

"The "Back to Africa" movement was a movement founded by Marcus Garvey in the early 20th century which aimed to help all African-Americans move back to Africa. Garvey originally founded the movement in Jamaica, but eventually moved to New York to direct it. The movement espoused the idea that African-Americans could never have true civil rights and equality in the United States and therefore needed to move to Africa."
https://www.reference.com/history/back-africa-movement-b6675c50102225e6

"From his headquarters in Harlem, New York, Marcus Garvey gave speeches to African-Americans suggesting they move to Africa for liberation. He and his organization, the Universal Negro Improvement Association, attracted many interested followers. Over time, this movement grew to spur one of the largest African-American mass migrations in history. The concept even spread to other regions such as South America, Great Britain and the Caribbean."

Jack
06-05-2020, 05:32 PM

"Liberia is the only black state in Africa never subjected to colonial rule and is Africa’s oldest republic. It was established on land acquired for freed U.S. slaves by the American Colonization Society, which founded a colony at Cape Mesurado in 1821. In 1824 the territory was named Liberia, and its main settlement was named Monrovia, which is the present-day capital. Liberian independence was proclaimed in 1847, and its boundaries were expanded."
https://www.britannica.com/place/Liberia

"The people of Liberia are classified into three major groups: the indigenous people, who are in the majority and who migrated from the western Sudan in the late Middle Ages; black immigrants from the United States (known historically as Americo-Liberians) and the West Indies; and other black immigrants from neighbouring western African states who came during the anti-slave-trade campaign and European colonial rule. The Americo-Liberians are most closely associated with founding Liberia. Most of them migrated to Liberia between 1820 and 1865; continued migration has been intermittent. Americo-Liberians controlled the government until a military coup in 1980."

Mason Melchizedek
06-05-2020, 09:50 PM
"Liberia is the only black state in Africa never subjected to colonial rule and is Africa’s oldest republic. It was established on land acquired for freed U.S. slaves by the American Colonization Society, which founded a colony at Cape Mesurado in 1821. In 1824 the territory was named Liberia, and its main settlement was named Monrovia, which is the present-day capital. Liberian independence was proclaimed in 1847, and its boundaries were expanded."
https://www.britannica.com/place/Liberia

"The people of Liberia are classified into three major groups: the indigenous people, who are in the majority and who migrated from the western Sudan in the late Middle Ages; black immigrants from the United States (known historically as Americo-Liberians) and the West Indies; and other black immigrants from neighbouring western African states who came during the anti-slave-trade campaign and European colonial rule. The Americo-Liberians are most closely associated with founding Liberia. Most of them migrated to Liberia between 1820 and 1865; continued migration has been intermittent. Americo-Liberians controlled the government until a military coup in 1980."

I think Adam and Eve pre-date Liberia

Life is Golden
06-06-2020, 02:26 AM

It is unpatriotic. Shitting on the flag is unacceptable at all times.

Drew Brees is is a complete wuss for buckling in to the bullies. You know full well his feelings haven't changed. He will just keep his feelings under wraps like others cowed by the mob.

Just like all those who will be silent until they get to the voting booth. And it will be Trump all the way. :laugh:

Mason Michaels
06-06-2020, 09:06 AM
It is unpatriotic. Shitting on the flag is unacceptable at all times.

Drew Brees is is a complete wuss for buckling in to the bullies. You know full well his feelings haven't changed. He will just keep his feelings under wraps like others cowed by the mob.

Just like all those who will be silent until they get to the voting booth. And it will be Trump all the way. :laugh:

The First Amendment disagrees!

Life is Golden
06-06-2020, 09:44 AM
The First Amendment disagrees!Is the NFL owned by the government?

Hermes Thoth
06-06-2020, 10:47 AM
Is the NFL owned by the government?

censorship has been privatized, we must chase the enemy wherever it hides.

Mason Michaels
06-06-2020, 09:51 PM
Is the NFL owned by the government?

My post is referring to the first line of your post

Saudade
06-07-2020, 12:45 AM

Well, King did support socialism, and he associated with far leftists like Stanley David Levison.

A lot of people mistakenly bestow MLK with sainthood, but the reality is that he had several unsavory aspects. He was just less blunt in his approach than some of his contemporaries (like Malcolm X).