PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State gets schooled in LA

Cancel3
09-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Looks like USC is the undisputed leader in college football after beating the pants off Ohio State.

cawacko
09-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Looks like USC is the undisputed leader in college football after beating the pants off Ohio State.

Thank you sir. They played well.

Topspin
09-14-2008, 06:29 AM
sure they play in a high school conference and beat this years most overrated team.
That said I don't want to see them till the title game.

Cancel3
09-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah the PAC-10 is not a tough conference except for USC. And UCLA put a whuppin on Tennessee. But I can't see us hearing much about UCLA after the mind boggling beating they took from BYU.

What I have seen of USC this year they are a top team. They have a VERY potent offense, a hard hitting defense, and speed galore.

Whoever plays them in the NC game will have their hands full.

At least Ohio State doesn't have to worry about losing another NC game to an SEC team.

Epicurus
09-14-2008, 12:43 PM
USC beat them like a redheaded stepchild.

Cancel3
09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
The Crimson Tide broke into the Top 10!

The AP poll has Alabama at #9.

The SEC has 5 teams in the Top 10. Which means half of the 10 best teams are from the SEC.

Epicurus
09-14-2008, 09:26 PM
As if anyone needed further proof that the SEC dominates.

Minister of Truth
09-14-2008, 10:44 PM
As if anyone needed further proof that the SEC dominates.What's so special about a bunch of hick schools?

Cancel3
09-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Hick schools? You might want to do a little research before you start spouting nonsense.

First of all, this is a thread about football. And since there are 5 SEC schools in the AP's top 10, we have pretty much established domination in NCAA football.

Now, if you are referring to academics, I can only speak for the school which I know the best. The University of Alabama.

The University of Alabama has consistently ranked as a top 50 public university in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has a selectivity rating of "more selective.". The University of Alabama ranked 12th in the nation among public universities in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars in 2007. Seven University of Alabama students were named to the 2008 USA Today All-USA College Academic Team, the most of any school. This year’s team brings UA’s total for the last six years to 31, a figure that tops all other colleges and universities. In addition to this year, UA had the most students on the list in 2006 with six and in 2005 and 2003, both with five. In 2007, UA tied with Washington University-St. Louis for the most team members with four. In 2004, with four students on the team, UA came in second only to Harvard.

Topspin
09-16-2008, 07:46 AM
threedee is far too gay to even be in this thread

Minister of Truth
09-16-2008, 10:17 AM
threedee is far too gay to even be in this threadI'm not the one who went to college in the Deep South but didn't play football.

Cancel3
09-16-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm not the one who went to college in the Deep South but didn't play football.

I'm the one that went to the school that owns the records for the USA Today All-USA College Academic Team.

cawacko
09-17-2008, 01:42 AM
As a Trojan I hope we make it through the season undefeated. If we are lucky enough to, I hope we don't play Oak in a rematch. We will take down the SEC like we did ark and aub. Much love y'all.

Cancel3
09-17-2008, 05:05 AM
I think USC and GA would be the best matchup.

They would give you the game that OU couldn't.

nodonkey
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
The SEC is, and has been for a long while, the toughest conference in college football.

Cancel3
09-17-2008, 09:22 AM
The SEC is, and has been for a long while, the toughest conference in college football.

Indeed we are.

Nodonk, I see your sig is about the Taurus .45/.410 revolver.

Do you like yours? I have looked at them, but haven't been convinced.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah the PAC-10 is not a tough conference except for USC. And UCLA put a whuppin on Tennessee. But I can't see us hearing much about UCLA after the mind boggling beating they took from BYU.

What I have seen of USC this year they are a top team. They have a VERY potent offense, a hard hitting defense, and speed galore.

Whoever plays them in the NC game will have their hands full.

At least Ohio State doesn't have to worry about losing another NC game to an SEC team.

Yea we can only hope for a rematch against USC. If USC get's beat somewhere down the line then we could concievably play them again in the Rose bowl....It sucks that USC and SEC teams almost always get home field advantage in big games.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I think USC and GA would be the best matchup.

They would give you the game that OU couldn't.

I'm not convinced of that after the way they played against USC. GA came awfully close to getting beat.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Hick schools? You might want to do a little research before you start spouting nonsense.

First of all, this is a thread about football. And since there are 5 SEC schools in the AP's top 10, we have pretty much established domination in NCAA football.

Now, if you are referring to academics, I can only speak for the school which I know the best. The University of Alabama.

The University of Alabama has consistently ranked as a top 50 public university in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has a selectivity rating of "more selective.". The University of Alabama ranked 12th in the nation among public universities in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars in 2007. Seven University of Alabama students were named to the 2008 USA Today All-USA College Academic Team, the most of any school. This year’s team brings UA’s total for the last six years to 31, a figure that tops all other colleges and universities. In addition to this year, UA had the most students on the list in 2006 with six and in 2005 and 2003, both with five. In 2007, UA tied with Washington University-St. Louis for the most team members with four. In 2004, with four students on the team, UA came in second only to Harvard.

Alabama is a damned fine school. My cousin got his degree in poultry science there!!

Cancel3
09-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm not convinced of that after the way they played against USC. GA came awfully close to getting beat.

Yes, against one of the top defenses in the country.

I think GA could do well enough against USC.

The poultry degree would have been from Auburn. At UofA (if he went with our strongest areas) it would have been Law, Engineering or Accounting.