PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

BRUTALITOPS
07-23-2006, 12:32 PM
well since this IS a suggestion forum.

Don't get mad like sr would, you can take it or leave it..

1. maybe have less forums... it's a bit convoluted.
2. some themes eventually
3. personally I like phpbb but i guess vbulletin is alright..

That's about it.

- Grind

Damocles
07-23-2006, 09:42 PM
well since this IS a suggestion forum.

Don't get mad like sr would, you can take it or leave it..

1. maybe have less forums... it's a bit convoluted.
2. some themes eventually
3. personally I like phpbb but i guess vbulletin is alright..

That's about it.

- Grind

That's what it's all about... This is a suggestion forum.

TheDanold
07-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I strongly agree with the less forums. I think a big reason why fullpolitics did well at the beginning was that SR limited categories to 2 or 3. I remember almost 75% of politicalsoup users would post/read in the "General" area, but the damn admin there would move anything that remotely fit into another category where only the hardcore people would read it.
Became very annoying.

Other than that, everything looks great.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 07:47 AM
I strongly agree with the less forums. I think a big reason why fullpolitics did well at the beginning was that SR limited categories to 2 or 3. I remember almost 75% of politicalsoup users would post/read in the "General" area, but the damn admin there would move anything that remotely fit into another category where only the hardcore people would read it.
Became very annoying.

Other than that, everything looks great.

Well thanks... I was looking for a happy medium. This is about middle between the austere three of SR's site and the myriad I have seen on others... I'm going to see how people post and fit in and go from there...

LadyT
07-24-2006, 08:34 AM
I too agree with these guys, less forums is better but otherwise. I love it!

DigitalDave
07-24-2006, 08:45 AM
I agree as well. I liked the less forum feel.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 09:32 AM
So the consensus is that I should move threads into the more general topic areas and cut back on topics?

Damocles
07-24-2006, 10:35 AM
So the consensus is that I should move threads into the more general topic areas and cut back on topics?

I've culled the topics just a bit... I'll work on re-sectioning the board later.

SR_
07-24-2006, 11:10 AM

yeah, you pretty much need to make it just like FP.com

SR

Damocles
07-24-2006, 11:12 AM

SR

Mah... It'll never be that, SR. I've told you truthfully this is just something I wanted to do for a while and finally got around to doing. I have to admit I am addicted to messageboards...

evince
07-24-2006, 12:41 PM
keeping it all together and NOT segmenting it off itno a shit load of catagories is what make the conversation fast hard and heavy.

Letting people talk personally once in a while without banishing them to some off topic thread helped people come to agreement at times.

We are all just humans and humans have emotions and form bonds, its just as much a part of politics as any other aspect.

BRUTALITOPS
07-24-2006, 05:37 PM

SR

for the millionth time, you didn't invent having only a few forums.. I swear to god you have the biggest ego of anyone I have ever known.

Heres one site that had only a few forums and hardly any rules: politics.com, remember that?

klaatu
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I think a Rack it folder would be cool.. sort of a Hall of Fame for excellence in posting .... although you would need some kind of committee to vote on them... and Im not so sure we want to bring that up ...
I suppose a post an be nominated for a rack.. and then once it is supported by a cewrtain amount of members.. it gets rack into a special folder .. (forum) :cof1:

Beefy
07-24-2006, 07:12 PM
for the millionth time, you didn't invent having only a few forums.. I swear to god you have the biggest ego of anyone I have ever known.

True. Its a damned shame, because I like SR, but his head is incredibly inflated.

SR_
07-24-2006, 07:26 PM

Heres one site that had only a few forums and hardly any rules: politics.com, remember that?

what does this have to do with it being like fp.com? im not trying to say that I invented forums, Im saying everyone here has come from a site with three forums. Everyone seems to be asking for less forums, ironically just like what fp.com has.

wtf?

you just cant get past it can you? lol

SR

Beefy
07-24-2006, 07:33 PM
what does this have to do with it being like fp.com? im not trying to say that I invented forums, Im saying everyone here has come from a site with three forums. Everyone seems to be asking for less forums, ironically just like what fp.com has.

wtf?

you just cant get past it can you? lol

SR

Your ego is so bruised right now you can practically see it turning purple. How do you feel about working at making a great board, and then letting your ego fuck it up with a couple stupid defensive reactions?

Why are you here? I mean, I like that you're here because I like to get into discussions with you and I like you personally, but what are YOUR reasons for being here?

SR_
07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Your ego is so bruised right now you can practically see it turning purple. How do you feel about working at making a great board, and then letting your ego fuck it up with a couple stupid defensive reactions?

Why are you here? I mean, I like that you're here because I like to get into discussions with you and I like you personally, but what are YOUR reasons for being here?

only the people here seem to think that the board is screwed up mbl. In fact you've convinced yourselves of it despite reality. lol thats fine with me, no one whos only posting here ever contributed much to fp.com, sadly to say including you bro, although i did like the poker stuff every now and then, and except dixie. Theres a difference between being liked and contributing to a political debate. I like you, but your abiity to formulate cohesive political arguments wasnt that impressive, and you really werent that involved in that end, oddly enough neither was grind, or brent, or master, or tiana for that matter. I will say Dixie was though.

Why not come here? this is the entertainment board, not much politics but plenty of fun!!!

isnt that what this board is for?

SR

Beefy
07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
only the people here seem to think that the board is screwed up mbl. In fact you've convinced yourselves of it despite reality. lol thats fine with me, no one whos only posting here ever contributed much to fp.com, sadly to say including you bro, although i did like the poker stuff every now and then, and except dixie. Theres a difference between being liked and contributing to a political debate. I like you, but your abiity to formulate cohesive political arguments wasnt that impressive, and you really werent that involved in that end, oddly enough neither was grind, or brent, or master, or tiana for that matter. I will say Dixie was though.

Why not come here? this is the entertainment board, not much politics but plenty of fun!!!

isnt that what this board is for?

SR

Glad you liked the poker stuff. Well, you can continue to allow your ego to dictate how you run your board, your life, your poker game. You must someday come to the realization that your ego is an entity in and of itself, and it is willing to sacrifice your well being, your success, to protect itself.

Its very obvious as to why you banned Grind. He chewed you up and spit you out, your ego needed to fight back and it did. Now its creating more problems for you as some of the most popular members on FP.com are leaving. You can claim to feel good about that, but we ALL know that's simply your ego defending itself yet again.

It also was a very foolhardy thing for you to do in posting other's private messages. As for your little dig on my ability to formulate political arguments, if that's how you see it, then fine. But I think you see any disagreement with your preconceived notions as an attack on your ego, and you consistently overreact, and belittle.

That's what all the lol, or rofl business is, an ego defense mechanism.

Anyhow, keep in touch, email me if you want to talk poker, or we can do it here. Let me know from time to time if you're on fulltilt so I can watch or play.

SR_
07-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Glad you liked the poker stuff. Well, you can continue to allow your ego to dictate how you run your board, your life, your poker game. You must someday come to the realization that your ego is an entity in and of itself, and it is willing to sacrifice your well being, your success, to protect itself.

Its very obvious as to why you banned Grind. He chewed you up and spit you out, your ego needed to fight back and it did. Now its creating more problems for you as some of the most popular members on FP.com are leaving. You can claim to feel good about that, but we ALL know that's simply your ego defending itself yet again.

It also was a very foolhardy thing for you to do in posting other's private messages. As for your little dig on my ability to formulate political arguments, if that's how you see it, then fine. But I think you see any disagreement with your preconceived notions as an attack on your ego, and you consistently overreact, and belittle.

That's what all the lol, or rofl business is, an ego defense mechanism.

Anyhow, keep in touch, email me if you want to talk poker, or we can do it here. Let me know from time to time if you're on fulltilt so I can watch or play.

well again mbl, the most popular doesnt equate to the most contributory. I think robdawg is extremely popular in that we all like him, but come on....

And I am happy to see the direction its going, slowly but surely its stopped being about the "family" and more about what i want it to be. you may think thats ego, i look it as a part of what im developing for the purpose i want it to play.

As for grind being banned, ive explained in great detail why he was banned. I guess you feel that I banned him for other reasons and are inclined to "inform" me of my own motivations in banning him. Not sure how to debate with you about what i know and what you guess?

I dont see this site as a problem, and I dont see you, grind, dixie, brent, tiana, and master being over here as a problem. I like this a lot better!!!

SR

Beefy
07-24-2006, 10:09 PM
well again mbl, the most popular doesnt equate to the most contributory. I think robdawg is extremely popular in that we all like him, but come on....

And I am happy to see the direction its going, slowly but surely its stopped being about the "family" and more about what i want it to be. you may think thats ego, i look it as a part of what im developing for the purpose i want it to play.

As for grind being banned, ive explained in great detail why he was banned. I guess you feel that I banned him for other reasons and are inclined to "inform" me of my own motivations in banning him. Not sure how to debate with you about what i know and what you guess?

I dont see this site as a problem, and I dont see you, grind, dixie, brent, tiana, and master being over here as a problem. I like this a lot better!!!

SR

Actually, I haven't heard from you why Grind was banned. I don't use your site anymore as I don't trust it.

SR, I'm glad that you are happy that the core of your board is moving on. I don't believe that you are pleased with it and that this was all part of your greater plan, but, whatever you say. You're happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.

Just take my words to heart, its not hard to see that you're having ego problems, we all have ego problems. Just realize that the sooner you control it rather than it controlling you, the sooner you'll excel at a faster and more satisfactory pace.

That's all friend. I consider you welcome here. I hope you stick around for a bit.

SR_
07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Actually, I haven't heard from you why Grind was banned. I don't use your site anymore as I don't trust it.

SR, I'm glad that you are happy that the core of your board is moving on. I don't believe that you are pleased with it and that this was all part of your greater plan, but, whatever you say. You're happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.

Just take my words to heart, its not hard to see that you're having ego problems, we all have ego problems. Just realize that the sooner you control it rather than it controlling you, the sooner you'll excel at a faster and more satisfactory pace.

That's all friend. I consider you welcome here. I hope you stick around for a bit.

the core? theres like 7 of you, two that dont have a choice and five that do.

come on peanut man. If there was like 30 or 40 i could see your point. But you were relagated to poker threads, tiana was relagated to..well not much, that only leaves a few left that ever posted.

hardly the core bro. the rest seem to be just fine going in between.

I think this will work out very well, it seems people are happy to keep debating politics on the other site, and by looking at what topics actually move here, they seem fine using this one for entertainment.

I think thats great!!! And ive asked others to come here from that board as well.

SR

Beefy
07-24-2006, 10:30 PM
the core? theres like 7 of you, two that dont have a choice and five that do.

come on peanut man. If there was like 30 or 40 i could see your point. But you were relagated to poker threads, tiana was relagated to..well not much, that only leaves a few left that ever posted.

hardly the core bro. the rest seem to be just fine going in between.

I think this will work out very well, it seems people are happy to keep debating politics on the other site, and by looking at what topics actually move here, they seem fine using this one for entertainment.

I think thats great!!! And ive asked others to come here from that board as well.

SR

You've banned 2 people now? Jeez, not to sharp.

Look SR, you don't have to sell me on how pleased you are with everything. You really don't. It doesn't matter here. It would be helpful to you if you recognized where its coming from.

Stop letting it control you. You're a good guy, smart as a whip, and a great debater, don't let that fat head fuck all that up. You may not be willing to see it, well your ego may not be willing to see it, but the momentum is not in your favor, and rationalizing is transparent as distilled vodka.