PDA

View Full Version : Daily show

Beefy
09-10-2008, 09:54 PM
This clip speaks volumes:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

uscitizen
09-11-2008, 04:00 AM
LOL, thanks. the daily show is the best news source in the MSM.

Cancel7
09-11-2008, 02:11 PM
You notice how this might speak volumes, but no republican has dared to touch it? They are hoping it gets pushed down and forgotten. Well, not while I'm around! I am happy to bump it baby.

LadyT
09-11-2008, 02:14 PM
You notice how this might speak volumes, but no republican has dared to touch it? They are hoping it gets pushed down and forgotten. Well, not while I'm around! I am happy to bump it baby.

what's it about?

Cancel7
09-11-2008, 02:20 PM
what's it about?

It shows Karl Rove talking about Tim kaine, back when it was thought that Kaine might be Obama's VP pick, claiming that being mayor of Richmond VA was a joke job, because Richmond is so "small" (LMAO), and then dissing his position as you know, GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA, and then it shows Rove talking about the Palin pick, and how qualified being the mayor of Wasilia a town with 900 water hookups, makes her. Then it shows O'Reilly talking about the Jamie lynn spears pregnancy, and blaming it on "her parents, the pinheads", and then shows him talking about Bristol palin's pregnancy, wherein, you guessed it, it was not the parents fault and is a personal matter.

It's devastating.

Epicurus
09-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah it was a pretty funny one.

uscitizen
09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah the real political news perspective comes from the daily show.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-11-2008, 09:50 PM
If you can't laugh at your philosophy there's something wrong with it.

Minister of Truth
09-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I expect this kind of nonsense from O'Reilly, but why the hell would Rove make such a slip-up?

uscitizen
09-12-2008, 07:06 AM
I expect this kind of nonsense from O'Reilly, but why the hell would Rove make such a slip-up?

It is not a slip up. Just propaganda, and counting on the stupidity and short term memory of likely republican voters. It IS politics as usual for the Repubs.

Minister of Truth
09-12-2008, 06:41 PM
It is not a slip up. Just propaganda, and counting on the stupidity and short term memory of likely republican voters. It IS politics as usual for the Repubs.Its a slip-up when your name is Karl Rove/George Stepanopolous/Mary Madeline/George Carville/etc. and your job as a political strategist is to say things about an opposing candidate for political capital while not contraditcting yourself when speaking in praise of an ally. O'Reilly as a talking head has the same task, even though he is not officially a strategist and not as tallanted at it as the afore mentioned names... Rove and Carville are probably the best in my lifetime at what they do.

uscitizen
09-12-2008, 07:25 PM
yeah Satan is real good at what he does from what I have been told as well. Your point being ?

Mine is deception and slime is still deception and slime even with lipstick.

McCain pledged to run a clean issue oriented campaign. I ain't seen it yet.
To me that means he is a liar form the git go and is not deserving of any support.

Minister of Truth
09-12-2008, 11:28 PM
yeah Satan is real good at what he does from what I have been told as well. Your point being ?

Mine is deception and slime is still deception and slime even with lipstick.

McCain pledged to run a clean issue oriented campaign. I ain't seen it yet.
To me that means he is a liar form the git go and is not deserving of any support.Lately, McCain and Obama have basically been spending all of their time addressing lies and distortions. And if Satan is really all that tallanted, I have yet to be impressed. After all, fucking over a race as pathetic as we humans can't be all that difficult.

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2008, 10:54 AM

Because Rove is a political strategist and could care less what the truth is. He's the master of telling people what they want to hear and believe. He's a master of the Joseph Goebbels method of "tell a lie often enough and people will believe it."

Minister of Truth
09-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Because Rove is a political strategist and could care less what the truth is. He's the master of telling people what they want to hear and believe. He's a master of the Joseph Goebbels method of "tell a lie often enough and people will believe it."He ultimately is responsible for helping to win a campaign and I find myself unimpressed with this. Lying only works when its harder to catch, and doing it on national TV is pretty sloppy.

uscitizen
09-13-2008, 08:22 PM
He ultimately is responsible for helping to win a campaign and I find myself unimpressed with this. Lying only works when its harder to catch, and doing it on national TV is pretty sloppy.

yeah sloppy, but he realizes that likely McCain voters are not too bright anyway.
So it should work on them pretty well as exhibited by most of the righties on here.
:clink:

Still evil and slimey though.

Minister of Truth
09-13-2008, 11:02 PM
yeah sloppy, but he realizes that likely McCain voters are not too bright anyway.
So it should work on them pretty well as exhibited by most of the righties on here.
:clink:

Still evil and slimey though.The other side seems to be screwing up even more. If I were to write a book about the state of Obama, I would title it "Surrounded by Idiots," and place his picture in the center with some of the culprits (Pfleiger, Biden, et. al.) who are seriously screwing him over circling around him.