PDA

View Full Version : Biden

Beefy
08-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Glad to see it. Interesting that it was a Friday night special, but good pick. I would have liked Dodd too, although he wasn't on the short list.

I think it was politically expedient.

http://www.cnn.com/

Live and breaking, like LadyT's upstairs through a brassiere...

a11n
08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
you beat me too it.

Joe biden is the VP choice for Obama.

Cancel5
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Glad to see it. Interesting that it was a Friday night special, but good pick. I would have liked Dodd too, although he wasn't on the short list.

How about Richardson, what is wrong with him.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-22-2008, 11:55 PM
How about Richardson, what is wrong with him.

Fat

Cancel5
08-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Ahahahahahah, okay, it looks like it is a done deal...Biden

Epicurus
08-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Ah glad I saw this before I made a thread.

Cool. Darla's wishes are granted.

Get ready for a lot of talk about elitists, though.

Beefy
08-23-2008, 05:12 AM
Ah glad I saw this before I made a thread.

Cool. Darla's wishes are granted.

Get ready for a lot of talk about elitists, though.

As a result of this pick? Or because of politics as usual?

Jarod
08-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Strange time to announce a vp pick aint it?

Luckily my phone was in the other room... or it would have wakened me and id have been pissed.

RockX
08-23-2008, 08:49 AM
LOL

Joe Biden is a gaffe machine and Obama will spend countless hours trying to explain away Biden’s gaffes. I am looking forward to it.

A couple of his memorable one's.

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

“you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

Mott the Hoople
08-23-2008, 08:55 AM

I can't complain about Biden. He's a good man.....sure does love the sound of his own voice though. I would have been tickled if it had been Mark Warner.

Mott the Hoople
08-23-2008, 08:56 AM
LOL

Joe Biden is a gaffe machine and Obama will spend countless hours trying to explain away Biden’s gaffes. I am looking forward to it.

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

“you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

and the wingnut slime ad homin personal attack machine is off and running. Boy that sure didn't take long.

cawacko
08-23-2008, 09:24 AM
and the wingnut slime ad homin personal attack machine is off and running. Boy that sure didn't take long.there's no doubt republicans will go after Biden, just as the dems will go after the reps selection, that's politics. But how is showing a guy's quotes personally attacking him?

Topspin
08-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Only dodd could have been a worse pick,
Obama want's to be Biden's daddy, Barry really wants to make it close.

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 12:13 PM
and the wingnut slime ad homin personal attack machine is off and running. Boy that sure didn't take long.

LOL
Quoting a man is ad hominem!

Oh, I know! It's the context. Biden was taken out of context, right?

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 12:15 PM
LOL
Quoting a man is ad hominem!

Oh, I know! It's the context. Biden was taken out of context, right?

Probably.

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Probably.

Thanks for proving yourself to be predictable.

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 12:25 PM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=biden+saddam+&hl=en&emb=0#

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
I can think of a number of Biden quotes I'm used to hearing which are grossly taken out of context - like him calling Obama articulate and clean.

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 12:36 PM
I can think of a number of Biden quotes I'm used to hearing which are grossly taken out of context - like him calling Obama articulate and clean.

We hear the excuse, but it's just a word. Explain the context.

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 12:45 PM
We hear the excuse, but it's just a word. Explain the context.

Lie is just a word too. So is dishonest. Taking someone out of context by quoting part of what they're saying without revealing the relevant context (in this case, the discussion was about weather Saddam was able to manufacture WMD, and Biden said in 2002 that he wasn't but had stockpiles, as he'd been led to believe) is dishonest.

Yet he stands by his vote. That's pretty dumb.

Cancel11
08-23-2008, 12:54 PM
LOL

LOL

I was surprised by the choice.

Consider, for instance, their differing stances on abortion/infanticide. Biden is moderate on abortion - he opposes public funding for it, and voted to ban partial birth abortions. He received only a 36% rating from NARAL. Obama, on the other hand, thinks it is morally acceptable to kill a baby OUTSIDE OF THE WOMB. He voted for this several times as a State Rep in Illinois. He has a 100% rating from NARAL.

Will NARAL endorse the ticket when the VP slot is hostile toward their Satanic agenda?

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 12:58 PM
clean and articulate... what's the context

FUCK THE POLICE
08-23-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL

I was surprised by the choice.

Consider, for instance, their differing stances on abortion/infanticide. Biden is moderate on abortion - he opposes public funding for it, and voted to ban partial birth abortions. He received only a 36% rating from NARAL. Obama, on the other hand, thinks it is morally acceptable to kill a baby OUTSIDE OF THE WOMB. He voted for this several times as a State Rep in Illinois. He has a 100% rating from NARAL.

Will NARAL endorse the ticket when the VP slot is hostile toward their Satanic agenda?

Thor, if a doctor removed a zygote, which then be flushed down the toilet and die in the sewage system, has he committed manslaughter?

RockX
08-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Lie is just a word too. So is dishonest. Taking someone out of context by quoting part of what they're saying without revealing the relevant context (in this case, the discussion was about weather Saddam was able to manufacture WMD, and Biden said in 2002 that he wasn't but had stockpiles, as he'd been led to believe) is dishonest.

Yet he stands by his vote. That's pretty dumb.

LOL

So how was Biden's comment taken out of context on this one...

It was a gaffe, plain & simple, with plenty more to come from Joe.

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM19YOqs7hU"

He was talking about how great it is that the Indian-American population is growing. Seven-Eleven was an anecdote (and a failed joke) about how common it is to see Indian-Americans. Thats the context of the conversation. Taking the one sentence out makes him sound racist. He obviously did not intend it to be and he is obviously not a racist.

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM19YOqs7hU

He was talking about how great it is that the Indian-American population is growing. Seven-Eleven was an anecdote (and a failed joke) about how common it is to see Indian-Americans. Thats the context of the conversation. Taking the one sentence out makes him sound racist. He obviously did not intend it to be and he is obviously not a racist.

No, it's not obvious at all. In fact, saying Obama was the first mainstream african american who is articulate... is fucking racist to the core. You're a fucking idiot if you try to dance around that one. Idiot!

Epicurus
08-23-2008, 01:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM19YOqs7hU

lol Democrats make a lot of "failed jokes".

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 01:59 PM
That's not what he said. He said he's the first mainstream African American (and he is) and he is articulate. You can misread his statement intentionally to make yourself believe he's a racist, but he's running as the vice president with a black man for Christ's sake.

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Republicans make a lot of failed jokes too. They're not very funny people. Obama delivers his lines very well, however.

Epicurus
08-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Republicans make a lot of failed jokes too. They're not very funny people. Obama delivers his lines very well, however.

It's just interesting that whenever a Republican says something stupid like that, they are revealing their inner prejudices.

Whereas if a Democrat says something stupid and offensive (ala Kerry/Biden) it's always a "failed joke".

RockX
08-23-2008, 02:02 PM

LOL

He sure does, as long as he is standing in front of a teleprompter. Without it, he is lost.

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 02:04 PM
That's not what he said. He said he's the first mainstream African American (and he is) and he is articulate. You can misread his statement intentionally to make yourself believe he's a racist, but he's running as the vice president with a black man for Christ's sake.

The quote is easily read. It's not in uncertain terms. Here it is.

You can't just stop reading at african american. There is nothing unclear about what he's saying.

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 02:11 PM
It's a very poorly constructed sentence. He's not a racist. You're being hugely dishonest in calling him one. He made the mistake of forming the sentence in such a way that idiots like you could pretend that he made a racist comment, but try being a little honest here for a second. The guy was saying he is the first mainstream African American candidate and he's bright and articulate and clean and a nice-looking guy. Not that he's the first bright, articulate, clean and nice-looking African American. That's as retarded as your reputation on this board.

Epicurus
08-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't think he's racist, I think he doesn't know when to shut up.

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't think he's racist, I think he doesn't know when to shut up.

He's got a reputation for having a big mouth. Yup.

Jarod
08-23-2008, 02:26 PM
The quote is easily read. It's not in uncertain terms. Here it is.

You can't just stop reading at african american. There is nothing unclear about what he's saying.

Except for the clean part, I am sure Jackson and that republican guy were clean, its true!

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 03:00 PM
It's a very poorly constructed sentence. He's not a racist. You're being hugely dishonest in calling him one. He made the mistake of forming the sentence in such a way that idiots like you could pretend that he made a racist comment, but try being a little honest here for a second. The guy was saying he is the first mainstream African American candidate and he's bright and articulate and clean and a nice-looking guy. Not that he's the first bright, articulate, clean and nice-looking African American. That's as retarded as your reputation on this board.

That's quite a dance! Is Obama the first african american in politics? Alan Keyes ran for president. Does he count? Then what does the phrase mean?

Topspin
08-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I thnk he's a racist mutha fucker. And Obama is a pussy trying to pop the cherry of his virgin experience problem. He'll win he's just stubling to the finish line.

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 03:06 PM
That's quite a dance! Is Obama the first african american in politics? Alan Keyes ran for president. Does he count? Then what does the phrase mean?

Alan Keyes wasn't mainstream. Neither was Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson. Obama is, as he said, the first MAINSTREAM African American candidate. There's no dancing here, just lying on your part. Quit it.

ib1yysguy
08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
How's a guy who runs for vice president with a black man called racist? Republicans are so fucking back asswards these days it's impossible to keep up with the stupidity.

Topspin
08-23-2008, 03:12 PM
listen you gerber future bullet catcher. Deme can be allowed to knock the choice. Webb or arichardson would have been way better. You to lemming similac breath to realize. Join already u pussy.

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Alan Keyes wasn't mainstream. Neither was Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson. Obama is, as he said, the first MAINSTREAM African American candidate. There's no dancing here, just lying on your part. Quit it.

What lies, you fucking retard? I see it as a racist statement. Just because you look the other way doesn't mean I'm dishonest. Fuck you camera boy

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 03:16 PM
The implication of the quotes was that it was suprising to find an african american candidate who is articulate and clean. THAT'S A STORYBOOK, MAN !!

Epicurus
08-23-2008, 03:17 PM
listen you gerber future bullet catcher. Deme can be allowed to knock the choice. Webb or arichardson would have been way better. You to lemming similac breath to realize. Join already u pussy.

Well Webb wasn't going to take it.

Cancel11
08-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Obama is, as he said, the first MAINSTREAM African American candidate.

It depends on which Obama we're talking about.

tinfoil
08-23-2008, 11:30 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5706767297601016299&vt=lf&hl=en&emb=1"

LOLZ
What a racist.