PDA

View Full Version : Failed Policy In Iraq--16 GI's Dead Since Saturday

Prakosh
10-04-2006, 07:26 AM
FOXSPEWS is today reporting that 16 GI's have been killed in confrontation with Insurgents since Saturday. Yes we have really turned the corner in Iraq since the killing of Zarqaw. In fact, it appears that the Insurgency is literally "in it's last throes," if by "throes" you mean having succeeded in "throeing" the American forced out of Iraq... It's time to admit defeat in the military conflict and to begin to leave the country. We need to begin to approach this problem from a political and economic standpoint and forget all the ambitions about bringing freedom throuhg murder, torture and compulsion. This is no way to create a saner world. But it is hard to bring sanity from an administration so insistent on the sanity of its own insanity...We Need Change

Cancel7
10-04-2006, 07:46 AM
I think 8 were killed yesterday alone?

We need to leave, but it's not going to happen now. I read an interesting "rumor" thing, I forgot where, this morning. According to republican "sources" on the hill, after the election the Republicans are going to revolt against Bush on Iraq. But I'll believe that when I see it.

Care4all
10-04-2006, 09:49 AM
It sickens me that these guys are dying for nothing...America is not any safer with their deaths... this Iraqi war is a wrong, unjust war.... :(

Jarod
10-04-2006, 09:57 AM
These will be the last of the deaths for Americans... its always darkest just before dawn... they are in the last throws...

Just ask Cheney!

maineman
10-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Remeber when Dixie predicted we'd wouldn't lose 500 more back on 12/1/05?

We're at 620 today and the carnage only seems to be ramping up.

These guys have run our foreign policy on twisted sick wishes and bad guesses long enough. Take the keys away from the neocons in November....

impeach Bush and Cheney and let President Pelosi get us out of this quagmire.

Cypress
10-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Relax.

Bush used to say that the more violent things got in Iraq, it simply indicated the insugents were getting more desparate, and therefore were closer to defeat.

uscitizen
10-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Same thing in Afganistan too cypress, so we must be winning there too. After all why else would Frist want to open diplomatic negotions with them ?

Prakosh
10-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Same thing in Afganistan too cypress, so we must be winning there too. After all why else would Frist want to open diplomatic negotions with them ?

At the same time that he is admitting we "can't win militarily."

uscitizen
10-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Yepper Prakosh, go figure.