PDA

View Full Version : A'ight... Here's the News of the Site...

Damocles
07-27-2006, 07:20 PM
I've made some updates... I made the Blue Style the Default style... If you'd like the Old Style it can be selected down below under "Old Style"...

BRUTALITOPS
07-27-2006, 07:55 PM
annnnd what about the others? :p

Damocles
07-27-2006, 08:02 PM
annnnd what about the others? :p

I'm getting there... The problem is getting the right names and right pictures in the right files... Give me some time I'm a n00b at this level.

IHateGovernment
07-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Wow it hurt my eyes when I first logged in. Oh well I just changed it back.

Damocles
07-27-2006, 09:43 PM
For me it is all the white that hurt my eyes. I had to change it to something a little more toned down from that and I made it the default so when I was testing things and deleted cookies I got this one first.

Damocles
07-27-2006, 10:05 PM
If you want to change it permanently you change it in your User CP...

BRUTALITOPS
07-28-2006, 06:21 AM
don't feel bad, it's decent.

Damocles
07-28-2006, 07:54 AM
I am working on building a "War Zone" where users can request an area to do direct Battle in.

My goal is to make it so they can:

1. Request and give power to a Debate Moderator who will ask the questions.
2. Set a time limit on responses.
3. Allow access to only the Warriors selected for the Battle...
4. Allow all users to read, but not take part in the Battle.

So far I can:

1. Create an area that only users I call Warriors can access...

Looking into the rest before I make the War Zone...

IHateGovernment
07-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Good idea

Cypress
07-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Whew....that blue hurts my eyes.

Damocles
07-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Whew....that blue hurts my eyes.

So change it in your User CP back to Old Style...

OrnotBitwise
07-28-2006, 09:09 AM
So change it in your User CP back to Old Style...I already did, but you'll be hearing from my lawyer about the psychological damage you've caused.

:shock:

Damocles
07-28-2006, 09:12 AM
I already did, but you'll be hearing from my lawyer about the psychological damage you've caused.

:shock:

Ummm.... My name is um... GenericPoster2... You can just e-mail me with the summons at um... GenericPoster2@idjit.gov

SR_
07-28-2006, 09:18 AM
I am working on building a "War Zone" where users can request an area to do direct Battle in.

My goal is to make it so they can:

1. Request and give power to a Debate Moderator who will ask the questions.
2. Set a time limit on responses.
3. Allow access to only the Warriors selected for the Battle...
4. Allow all users to read, but not take part in the Battle.

So far I can:

1. Create an area that only users I call Warriors can access...

Looking into the rest before I make the War Zone...

http://fullpolitics.com/viewthread.php?tid=17152#pid398877

hhmmm

?

i guess we'll have fp.com #1 and fp.com #2

fine with me.

SR

Damocles
07-28-2006, 09:20 AM
http://fullpolitics.com/viewthread.php?tid=17152#pid398877

hhmmm

?

i guess we'll have fp.com #1 and fp.com #2

fine with me.

SR

Actually, I got the idea from the Above Top Secret forums...

If you look back you will find that I was one of the first to suggest it for your site.

IHateGovernment
07-28-2006, 09:20 AM
LOL @ SRs avatar.

SR_
07-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Actually, I got the idea from the Above Top Secret forums...

If you look back you will find that I was one of the first to suggest it for your site.

whatever you say Damo. lol Ive pushed your site on fullpolitics, im one of your top posters here.

i guess we can expect issue voting here soon too? a SC in the works? editorials? vote tracking? election tracking? you gonna wait around for me to develop stuff or propose it, see what the response is, then add it over here?

just curious?

might want to change the domain to justlikefullpolitics.com .

SR

Damocles
07-28-2006, 09:38 AM
whatever you say Damo. lol Ive pushed your site on fullpolitics, im one of your top posters here.

i guess we can expect issue voting here soon too? a SC in the works? editorials? vote tracking? election tracking? you gonna wait around for me to develop stuff or propose it, see what the response is, then add it over here?

just curious?

SR

No, I like joke trolls... and don't want them to "vote" on something important.

Anyway, go and look up Above Top Secret... Check it out. Tens of thousands of members, been around for years. I am a member there... Check into their Poli site and see if I'm lying. I like the debate area.

But it's all good.

We both plug each others sites. I enjoy your site. I just wanted to make one of my own.

Damocles
07-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Since I cannot be on the site all the time I have enlisted the aid of a member to help me out. Beefy is the new site Moderator and can help enforce the rules and keep the peace...

Thank you, Beefy!

Beefy
07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Since I cannot be on the site all the time I have enlisted the aid of a member to help me out. Beefy is the new site Moderator and can help enforce the rules and keep the peace...

Thank you, Beefy!

You're welcome.

OrnotBitwise
07-28-2006, 01:18 PM
LOL @ SRs avatar.
Make that two. And someone hand me a kleenex: I have to wipe my monitor off again.

BRUTALITOPS
07-28-2006, 11:48 PM

just curious?

SR

lol.. so jealous.

grind

BRUTALITOPS
07-28-2006, 11:48 PM

Thank you, Beefy!

:/

Damocles
07-29-2006, 09:17 AM
:/

You have given me some great ideas there, Grind.

Damocles
07-29-2006, 09:18 AM
I'd also like to thank Dix for some Headers to try out. The first one has been loaded and is working as I type...

BRUTALITOPS
07-29-2006, 09:36 AM
You have given me some great ideas there, Grind.

what?

Damocles
07-29-2006, 09:44 AM
what?

Like a chat room... I'm still thinking about it, but I'm definitely giving it though.

Damocles
07-29-2006, 09:44 AM
And you gave me a couple skins to try... I haven't loaded them yet but I'm getting there.

BRUTALITOPS
07-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Like a chat room... I'm still thinking about it, but I'm definitely giving it though.

sssh sr will get to it first and then say he invented chatrooms.

BRUTALITOPS
07-29-2006, 09:49 AM
though my sad face was over the fact that moderation sucks :p

Damocles
07-29-2006, 09:55 AM
though my sad face was over the fact that moderation sucks :p

Yeah, but we were getting somebody that was doing the "post a huge ass file in the middle of a thread" trick and another who was doing other things to mess with the site.

BRUTALITOPS
07-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Yes but frankly, I think everyone being armed with the ignore feature is all you really need. If it bothers people that much, an individual using the ignore feature is essentially issuing a personal ban.

But you know what? Most sites have moderation, so whatever... I dont' like it but so be it.

SR_
07-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Yes but frankly, I think everyone being armed with the ignore feature is all you really need. If it bothers people that much, an individual using the ignore feature is essentially issuing a personal ban.

But you know what? Most sites have moderation, so whatever... I dont' like it but so be it.

uh oh. Grind doesnt like something. get ready for the accusations to start flying damo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3JC6w9hgl7c&search=boy%20freaking%20out

Grind had his webcam on when he read this thread. Just wanted everyone to see what the yahoo does when he doesnt get his way on a message board.

SR

BRUTALITOPS
07-29-2006, 06:15 PM
sr, damo and I are getting along just fine.

BRUTALITOPS
07-29-2006, 06:24 PM
kinda funny though you would keep bringing this stuff up sr, especially with all your "don't make it like fullpolitics, this should be the family playground" bullshit you are spewing.

========| Grind Presents: |============

SR TheaterĀ®

"Hey damo man what are you doing? Are you adding a header?? MY site has a header! This is supposed to be the family playground! Stop copying me!"

"hey damo are you making your board more streamlined and simple? I invented that! You should add a whole buntch of shit that no one needs or will ever read!"

etc . . .

- fin -

Damocles
08-01-2006, 06:04 PM
:ILUM: I added some smilies...

:sexy:

Cancel7
08-01-2006, 06:30 PM
uh oh. Grind doesnt like something. get ready for the accusations to start flying damo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3JC6w9hgl7c&search=boy%20freaking%20out

Grind had his webcam on when he read this thread. Just wanted everyone to see what the yahoo does when he doesnt get his way on a message board.

SR

That's pretty hysterical.

Damocles
08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Another new Default Skin... This one hurts my eyes even less. The others are still available to select in your UserCP..

Care4all
08-01-2006, 09:18 PM
I personally prefer the "old style"...but thank you fo rthe choice!

klaatu
08-02-2006, 08:59 AM
I like this new one ... . I'll probably use this ....

Damocles
08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I like this new one ... . I'll probably use this ....
It's definitely my favorite. The calmer colors help my eyes...

OrnotBitwise
08-02-2006, 11:26 AM
It's definitely my favorite. The calmer colors help my eyes...
Calmer? Those colors hurt your eyes less? I think you must see in a different part of the spectrum than I do.

Damo's a pod-person! Or maybe a Martian. :eek:

Oh well; to each their own.

Damocles
08-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Calmer? Those colors hurt your eyes less? I think you must see in a different part of the spectrum than I do.

Damo's a pod-person! Or maybe a Martian. :eek:

Oh well; to each their own.
Grey isn't calmer than white or light blue? Methinks I am not the pod-person...

BRUTALITOPS
08-03-2006, 06:57 PM
don't listen to him damo, after you updated the buttons this looks pretty slick. I like it a lot. Though maybe it would be cool to have alternating colors (i.e. dark gray light gray) throughout the thread.. but it's still really good right now.

Damocles
08-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm hoping it translates over when I upgrade. The newest release has come out and I'm going to update the whole site sometime this weekend...

OrnotBitwise
08-04-2006, 10:25 AM
And speaking of that upgrade, you mentioned that the site will be down again on Saturday (8/5). Any notion as to when, exactly? It's not a big deal, of course, but wanting minds inquire to know . . . .

Damocles
08-04-2006, 10:27 AM
And speaking of that upgrade, you mentioned that the site will be down again on Saturday (8/5). Any notion as to when, exactly? It's not a big deal, of course, but wanting minds inquire to know . . . .
I'm going to try to do it as late as possible. But I can't know when that will be. I want the impact to be as minimal as possible.

OrnotBitwise
08-04-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm going to try to do it as late as possible. But I can't know when that will be. I want the impact to be as minimal as possible.
'SOkay. I know how that goes.

Hey, by that time I should be at the Giants game anyway. :cool:

Generic
08-04-2006, 08:20 PM
So, here are some of the new features with the new stuff...

There is a mutli-quote feature. In the Black it is listed as M-Quote and M-Quote ON when you selected it... In the Old Style and The Blue it is the little box with the quotes and the plus sign..

There is also a feature that will add a link to the post a quote comes from that will take you to that post....

We'll figure other ones out as we go along! Enjoy, the board is back up...

Damocles
08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
By the Way... It appears as if I will not need to take the site down tomorrow at all... The full upgrade has been installed, as long as it keeps running this smoothly I can see no reason to shut the site down again...

OrnotBitwise
08-04-2006, 10:35 PM
By the Way... It appears as if I will not need to take the site down tomorrow at all... The full upgrade has been installed, as long as it keeps running this smoothly I can see no reason to shut the site down again...That's found on page 32 of Famous Last Words, by Ivan Dinosaurpenovich.

;)

Damocles
08-06-2006, 01:22 PM
FYI - If you are using a photo of yourself as an avatar and uploading it directly please read this!

If you want to keep your name private, do not upload a photo with your name as the filename.

BRUTALITOPS
08-06-2006, 01:47 PM
whatever you say avatar1179_9

Damocles
08-06-2006, 07:26 PM
whatever you say avatar1179_9
LOL. Hey! That's private... :D

Damocles
08-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Has anybody noticed the "related links" at the bottom of each thread?...

Damocles
08-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Aaaaargh, I broke the Currently Active Users display.... I'll work on fixing it as I go...

Damocles
08-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Whew... Fixed.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Okay, I have fixed it so that more than one debate can happen at a time and eliminated the need for the time limit in one fell swoop. Later, after we have gotten used to the numerical IDs I can allow users to create their own debate threads for themselves and whomever they wish to be allowed into the thread...

I hope you all enjoy this new feature. IH8 and H2O have agreed to be the first debate tomorrow. I have already created their thread and they may now begin their debate at any time. The debate will continue until the Debators have agreed that the debate has ended, or after one week... Whichever comes first!