PDA

View Full Version : Hard drive crashed

Beefy
08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
My hard drive on my MacBook crashed on Sunday. Lost all my recordings, pictures, bookmarks (I had 11)...
But the guys at the Mac store fixed it right up, for free.

That is all.

Beefy
08-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Also does anyone know if I can get my virus protection transferred to this HD?

Idiots.

Cancel11
08-05-2008, 11:36 PM
My hard drive on my MacBook crashed on Sunday. Lost all my recordings, pictures, bookmarks (I had 11)...
But the guys at the Mac store fixed it right up, for free.

That is all.

They got your data back, too?

Also does anyone know if I can get my virus protection transferred to this HD?

Generally speaking, programs cannot be transferred -- they must be reinstalled.

There are only a few Mac AVs that I know of, but I assume you were running Norton? If you purchased it online, you should be able to log into your account on Symantec's site and download the software.

That said, I remain skeptical whether any antivirus software for Mac is even necessary. Very few viruses exist for Mac, and proliferation of existing viruses is slow due to OS X's low market penetration. Also, OS X is a very secure operating system.

Edit: it just occurred to me that you might be running Windows XP on your Mac. Is that the case?

Beefy
08-06-2008, 12:04 AM
They got your data back, too?

No, I lost that. I can't be spending that data recovery kind of whip like it ain't no thing. I don't live in Mill Creek you know.

Generally speaking, programs cannot be transferred -- they must be reinstalled.

There are only a few Mac AVs that I know of, but I assume you were running Norton? If you purchased it online, you should be able to log into your account on Symantec's site and download the software.

That said, I remain skeptical whether any antivirus software for Mac is even necessary. Very few viruses exist for Mac, and proliferation of existing viruses is slow due to OS X's low market penetration. Also, OS X is a very secure operating system.

Edit: it just occurred to me that you might be running Windows XP on your Mac. Is that the case?

No, running OSX, but thanks for the tips. I still want to run antivirus.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-06-2008, 12:05 AM
What do you mean your "hard drive crashed"? Do you mean it broke and you had to get a new one? Or did your computer just stop working and your using an assinine term to describe that?

Beefy
08-06-2008, 01:03 AM
What do you mean your "hard drive crashed"? Do you mean it broke and you had to get a new one? Or did your computer just stop working and your using an assinine term to describe that?

First of all, what I meant was that Watermark is a asshole and a retard. Secondly, I meant that my hard drive in my computer crashed and needed to be replaced. So I got it replaced.

Thirdly, I determined that Watermark is an idiot.

Idiot.

Damocles
08-06-2008, 06:58 AM
First of all, what I meant was that Watermark is a asshole and a retard. Secondly, I meant that my hard drive in my computer crashed and needed to be replaced. So I got it replaced.

Thirdly, I determined that Watermark is an idiot.

Idiot.
Are you sure you determined he was an idiot, or really was it an imbecile but you just called him an idiot because it is easier to spell?

Minister of Truth
08-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I vote for cretin.

BRUTALITOPS
08-06-2008, 06:52 PM
this thread is awesome.

Minister of Truth
08-07-2008, 02:15 AM
this thread is awesome.Only because I posted in it.