PDA

View Full Version : The October suprise or the first of many ?

uscitizen
10-03-2006, 06:35 AM
I have heard the page scandal referred to as THE October suprise, why should we limit it to one ?
I hope they start coming at least once a week ;)

maineman
10-03-2006, 07:21 AM
and I thought that Woodward was the surprise...or was it the NIE?...or maybe the Condi "I forgot all about being briefed about the impending 9/11 attack" fiasco? I think that we should have one a day.....

uscitizen
10-03-2006, 07:25 AM
I don't think mental midgets in the masses can handle them that fast Maine.

maineman
10-03-2006, 07:28 AM
it would be fun to listen to Hannity try to minimize them all away, however.

uscitizen
10-03-2006, 07:31 AM
LOL, yep it might burn out many of the neocon pundits narrow little minds :)

Prakosh
10-03-2006, 08:36 AM
LOL, yep it might burn out many of the neocon pundits narrow little minds :)

More and more pundits are saying the Republican House is History...and we have four weeks to go. It will be interesting, I'm not even going to say the Democrats will win back the House yet. Four weeks is eternity in politics. There are some more shoes to drop and some are saying that there are four or five more people involved in the page scandal and if one of them is a Democrat, all bets are off...then it becomes bi-partisan and it is another Abramoff scandal...So just keep your fingers crossed and your powder dry because we haven't crossed the Delaware yet...

Jarod
10-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Hannity's big topic last night was, Murtha's involvement in ABSCAM 29 years ago!

Cypress
10-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Hannity's big topic last night was, Murtha's involvement in ABSCAM 29 years ago!

Ignore republican corruption in today's congress!

The Teapot Dome scandal of the 1920s is what we should be talking about!

uscitizen
10-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Or the whiskey rebellion. That should be a good one for the anti-tax Republicans.

Topspin
10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
:cof1: He's gotten quit funny lately, looks like hes going to have a stroke on the show live if the Repubs go down 10 more points.
He went form critisizing Bush on the boarder when the cons were a bit more secur to lashing out at any dem on any topic with these low numbers.
He was very funny last night whinning about the timing of the release and acting as if the guy wasn't trying to molest a teenager.

The other jerkoff Repub from Fla on msnbc said though his friend if he tried that with his son he'd issue a beat down on him.

That shit was better than the comedy channel.

TRGLDTE
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
it would be fun to listen to Hannity try to minimize them all away, however. I tuned into "Pawn Vanity" on the way home yesterday. Twenty solid minutes of 'Gerry Studds this and Gerry Studds that.' I had to turn it off, lest I risk a bout of projectile vomiting. I tuned in looking for some factual information on the lastest developments. Yeah, silly me, what was I thinking...

Prakosh
10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I tuned into "Pawn Vanity" on the way home yesterday. Twenty solid minutes of 'Gerry Studds this and Gerry Studds that.' I had to turn it off, lest I risk a bout of projectile vomiting. I tuned in looking for some factual information on the lastest developments. Yeah, silly me, what was I thinking...

They are going to be taking the issue up by late this afternoon, I guarantee it.

TRGLDTE
10-03-2006, 01:42 PM
More and more pundits are saying the Republican House is History...and we have four weeks to go. It will be interesting, I'm not even going to say the Democrats will win back the House yet. Four weeks is eternity in politics. There are some more shoes to drop and some are saying that there are four or five more people involved in the page scandal and if one of them is a Democrat, all bets are off...then it becomes bi-partisan and it is another Abramoff scandal...So just keep your fingers crossed and your powder dry because we haven't crossed the Delaware yet...
In my district the rep is working hard to smear Jim Marshall. Marshall is one of the finest men around. While I don't agree with some of his policy ideas, I trust his integrity to do the right thing - I'd trust him with my kids. Yes, I will be <gasp> voting for Jim Marshall, Democrat, to return to D.C.

Prakosh
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
In my district the rep is working hard to smear Jim Marshall. Marshall is one of the finest men around. While I don't agree with some of his policy ideas, I trust his integrity to do the right thing - I'd trust him with my kids. Yes, I will be <gasp> voting for Jim Marshall, Democrat, to return to D.C.

Be careful if you vote for Democrats too many times I've heard you will go blind...

uscitizen
10-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Naaah just start voting independent when glasses are required.