PDA

View Full Version : I still Miss Manny :/

BRUTALITOPS
08-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Bay did a good job though. But with Manny gone, it just isn't the same right now

Care4all
08-02-2008, 08:48 AM
wasn't manny being a jerk, though? thought he was trying to cause trouble or somethin' like that, (heard hubby mumbling about)?

BRUTALITOPS
08-02-2008, 09:31 AM
no, manny wasn't being a jerk. Your husband was probably reading dickhead sports writers like dan shaughnessy who have been trying to run many out of town forever.

Minister of Truth
08-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Bay did a good job though. But with Manny gone, it just isn't the same right now

Yeah, I saw his homerun - he did great! Manny had a rough outing in LA (straight up). I hope Griffey can keep moving further West now that he's in Chicago. :)

BRUTALITOPS
08-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Im happy griffey got moved to the whitesox so I can see him play more. Remember, I lived in seattle in for six years, including 1995 when the mariners were pwning. Good times.

Mott the Hoople
08-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Yeah, I saw his homerun - he did great! Manny had a rough outing in LA (straight up). I hope Griffey can keep moving further West now that he's in Chicago. :)

It's sooo depressing. Baseball has it has and has nots and only about 5 or 6 teams in the whole league are competative.

Minister of Truth
08-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Im happy griffey got moved to the whitesox so I can see him play more. Remember, I lived in seattle in for six years, including 1995 when the mariners were pwning. Good times.Yeah, I think he went to the Sox because Neihaus used to hint that Chicago was his best road audience when he was with the Mariners. It would be great to see him retire here, but when you have baseball's worst general management staff that may be a small hope.

Right now the M's are not even close to being one of the 5-6 competitive teams seeing as how they were about 22 games back or so... :(

cawacko
08-04-2008, 06:38 AM
I paid $150 for a front row ticket Friday night vs. the A's. It was between homeplate and the Red Sox dugout. Well worth the experience. The crowd went nuts for Jason Bay and the a-hole hit that triple in the 12th and scored the winning run.

Chapdog
08-06-2008, 06:55 AM
reason manny left:

Redsox had 2 options on him. Meaning they could buy him for 20M for 09.. with no guarantee for 10.. then do the same in 2010.

Manny is 36 and at an age where an injury can seriously degrade his current value. By being an asshole and getting out of the options on the redsox He can now at the end of the year contend for a new 4 years 80M contract or something thtas guaranteed.

Common sense from a selfish manny perspective.

DigitalDave
08-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Manny Is a douchebag, and so are you for liking him.

Chapdog
08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Manny Is a douchebag, and so are you for liking him.

guy helped us win 2 world series. only a douche bag wouldn't like what he did for us.

Yes hes an ass for what he did. but i totally see why he did it.

Damocles
08-06-2008, 02:19 PM
guy helped us win 2 world series. only a douche bag wouldn't like what he did for us.

Yes hes an ass for what he did. but i totally see why he did it.
Unless they weren't a Boston fan. There's this place called "Not-Boston" where the people who do not live in Boston reside, most of those people are not Boston fans and couldn't care less about what he did "for you". And the vast majority of the world understands that you are not the baseball team and therefore he did nothing "for you" but provide entertainment.

DigitalDave
08-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Unless they weren't a Boston fan. There's this place called "Not-Boston" where the people who do not live in Boston reside, most of those people are not Boston fans and couldn't care less about what he did "for you".

Or the fact he didn't do shit for Cleveland, cause he's a douchebag.

Timshel
08-08-2008, 07:44 PM

I had not heard about the money stuff. I heard it was a chemistry issue too. I couldn't really understand that as the reason to trade him. He's always seemed like a great guy and he is an outstanding hitter. Maybe a little to carefree for some, but I'd rather have that on my team than some sulky prick.

I don't see much reason to blame a player for wanting to get paid. We all want to get paid, why wouldn't they? He's got two rings and they are recent, so...

How about them Rays! That 6 run 9th inning was awesome.