PDA

View Full Version : But it if were healthcare

Beefy
07-21-2008, 10:10 PM
If only this government were in charge entirely of our retirement, our healthcare, our schools, we'd all be living in the Garden of Eden.

You're all idiots. Anyone who wants more government should suck on a tailpipe.

Yes, you, you idiot.

"The household goods were supposed to go to people whose homes were destroyed by hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005. But the items were stored in warehouses in Louisiana, and then Fort Worth, Texas. A recent CNN investigative story exposed that those materials never made it to storm victims.

GSA officials were asked recently to reassess the total cost of donated items in what the agency called a routine audit."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/21/katrina.supplies/index.html

Idiots.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Well surely if Katrina victims had been left to the free market to supply the food everything would've been fine.

Beefy
07-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Well surely if Katrina victims had been left to the free market to supply the food everything would've been fine.

Idiot. Always there to defend the incompetence of government with some hokey fallacy. I hope you get epidimitis.

ib1yysguy
07-21-2008, 10:27 PM
So just how would the free market have handled this and why didn't it?

tinfoil
07-21-2008, 10:30 PM

LOL the free market strawman meme. Whenever government efficiency is questioned resort to reductio ad absurdum.

Beefy
07-21-2008, 10:32 PM
So just how would the free market have handled this and why didn't it?

I like how this has become about some sort of free market thing when clearly this is a total fucking government failure.

Tell me, why can you not acknowledge that this is a total disaster by the government? Instead you want to throw out some smelly assed red herring from your shitty miata convertible.

What if all that money were spent wisely, and as if it didn't come from some endless funnel? What if ends had to actually meet without constant, endless borrowing? Why doesn't government ever treat money that way? And why do you defend them wasting YOUR MONEY?

IDIOTS!

FUCK THE POLICE
07-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Idiot. Always there to defend the incompetence of government with some hokey fallacy. I hope you get epidimitis.

It's bad form to attack a fallacy by saying "That's a logical fallacy!" Don't go all AC on me.

Beefy
07-21-2008, 10:33 PM
LOL the free market strawman meme. Whenever government efficiency is questioned resort to reductio ad absurdum.

QFT.

Fucking totally. These government ass lickers are worse than Ronbots.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-21-2008, 10:33 PM
I like how this has become about some sort of free market thing when clearly this is a total fucking government failure.

It was a complete and total free market fuckup. The government may not have done well due to Bush, but the free market did absolutely nothing.

Beefy
07-21-2008, 10:34 PM
It's bad form to attack a fallacy by saying "That's a logical fallacy!" Don't go all AC on me.

Where the fuck is that guy when you need him?

Idiot.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Where the fuck is that guy when you need him?

Idiot.

McDonalds.

Beefy
07-21-2008, 10:36 PM
It was a complete and total free market fuckup. The government may not have done well due to Bush, but the free market did absolutely nothing.

Whatever spaz.

Let the adults talk.

Tits.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Whatever spaz.

Let the adults talk.

Tits.

Tier six armor and the twinblades of azzinoth.

ib1yysguy
07-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Of course it's a government fuck up. But the free market didn't catch the slack. In fact, the free market exploited the gap and fucked the victims twice by making the land too valuable for them to return home.

The problem is you're saying that the problem is that it is government, which implies an alternative. As a libertarian, your clear alternative is a free-market (anarchist) approach.

Government is necessary to respond to things of this magnitude, though it certainly should have been done better. There's no reason government couldn't have done a better job with better leadership/oversight.

Beefy
07-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Of course it's a government fuck up. But the free market didn't catch the slack. In fact, the free market exploited the gap and fucked the victims twice by making the land too valuable for them to return home.

The problem is you're saying that the problem is that it is government, which implies an alternative. As a libertarian, your clear alternative is a free-market (anarchist) approach.

Government is necessary to respond to things of this magnitude, though it certainly should have been done better. There's no reason government couldn't have done a better job with better leadership/oversight.

Was that so hard, blow hard? Admitting government fucks up shouldn't feel like torture to you. And no, I'm just pointing out that government is largely incompetent, and that if it were more responsible and competent, it would do its job better.

Disaster relief like this is clearly a government duty, and they clearly fuck it up, nearly every time. So forgive me when I'm hesitant to have them run every fucking facet of my life you pickled numb nut.

When they fuck up, I'm going to call them out. And you're going to whine and try to blame someone else, and then only reluctantly, sort-of, say "okay, my beloved governers may have mad a wee mite of an oopsie", and the you're going to run around posting threads about some hokie job in San Diego.

So yes, you are an idealogue with the worst possible belief system ever.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Was that so hard, blow hard? Admitting government fucks up shouldn't feel like torture to you. And no, I'm just pointing out that government is largely incompetent, and that if it were more responsible and competent, it would do its job better.

Disaster relief like this is clearly a government duty, and they clearly fuck it up, nearly every time. So forgive me when I'm hesitant to have them run every fucking facet of my life you pickled numb nut.

When they fuck up, I'm going to call them out. And you're going to whine and try to blame someone else, and then only reluctantly, sort-of, say "okay, my beloved governers may have mad a wee mite of an oopsie", and the you're going to run around posting threads about some hokie job in San Diego.

He's a libertarian?

ib1yysguy
07-21-2008, 10:49 PM

How dare you call me a libertarian.

ib1yysguy
07-21-2008, 10:49 PM
My LLC is not hokie!

FUCK THE POLICE
07-21-2008, 10:50 PM

Holy shit I think exactly like IB1 now. I'm gonna go pour myself a stiff drink...

FUCK THE POLICE
07-21-2008, 10:51 PM
My LLC is not hokie!

What's it for?

Beefy
07-21-2008, 10:51 PM

I knew it. You've been roundhouse kicked in the face and cannot handle it.

ib1yysguy
07-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Holy shit I think exactly like IB1 now. I'm gonna go pour myself a stiff drink...

Holy shit. And I just got back from buying two beers!

ib1yysguy
07-21-2008, 11:22 PM
MLB, what do you know about Spa Outlet?

Beefy
07-22-2008, 12:16 AM
MLB, what do you know about Spa Outlet?

Spa outlet where?

I can tell you this, if they're in California, they're hurting, bad.

ib1yysguy
07-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Spa outlet where?

I can tell you this, if they're in California, they're hurting, bad.

I'm hurting bad regardless. Someone tried to buy a spa in my name, but was rejected because I didn't own the residence (thank God). Are there any locations near Bellingham? I can't find any online, but you're the resident spa expert so I figured I'd ask.

I can only guess someone stole paperwork I filed for credit locally then used it to attempt to buy a spa.

Beefy
07-22-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm hurting bad regardless. Someone tried to buy a spa in my name, but was rejected because I didn't own the residence (thank God). Are there any locations near Bellingham? I can't find any online, but you're the resident spa expert so I figured I'd ask.

I can only guess someone stole paperwork I filed for credit locally then used it to attempt to buy a spa.

Bellingham? Yeah, that's the Marquis guys I think, maybe the Masters guys.

Whoever stole your credit to buy a spa is a retard. Spa financing is really tough. It is not a collateral loan because no bank is going to repo a freakin hot tub, so it is written as a personal loan, thus the credit requirements and verifications are pretty solid.

ib1yysguy
07-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Bellingham? Yeah, that's the Marquis guys I think, maybe the Masters guys.

Whoever stole your credit to buy a spa is a retard. Spa financing is really tough. It is not a collateral loan because no bank is going to repo a freakin hot tub, so it is written as a personal loan, thus the credit requirements and verifications are pretty solid.

I was denied credit because I didn't own the property. Would this place have on file the address of the guy who applied for my credit, do you think?

Beefy
07-22-2008, 01:15 AM
I was denied credit because I didn't own the property. Would this place have on file the address of the guy who applied for my credit, do you think?

Absolutely. Unless it was a schlock job top to bottom. But yes, you should look into that. Hot tub financing is not the same as cars or houses. They actually care.

Diuretic
07-22-2008, 06:41 AM
When governments fuck up it makes the news because, well it's newsworthy. We expect governments not to fuck up. And they generally don't fuck up. The private sector is more inclined to fuck up than government and the private sector only has to run a company, not a nation.

uscitizen
07-22-2008, 06:43 AM
If only this government were in charge entirely of our retirement, our healthcare, our schools, we'd all be living in the Garden of Eden.

You're all idiots. Anyone who wants more government should suck on a tailpipe.

Yes, you, you idiot.

"The household goods were supposed to go to people whose homes were destroyed by hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005. But the items were stored in warehouses in Louisiana, and then Fort Worth, Texas. A recent CNN investigative story exposed that those materials never made it to storm victims.

GSA officials were asked recently to reassess the total cost of donated items in what the agency called a routine audit."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/21/katrina.supplies/index.html

Idiots.

Of course, disaster stuff used to work better before homeland security.
And Republicans are for smaller govt and less beaucracy. right.