PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Hottest Female Race Car Driver

Mott the Hoople
07-21-2008, 01:17 PM
My vote goes to Milka! Danika is cute too even if her hair color does come out of a bottle but she's no where nere as hot as Milka Duno.

Thorn
07-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Ashley Force. Well, my criteria are somewhat different, but I like her down-to-earth, competent approach to her driving and to the media and fans as well. She's talented and has learned well.

DigitalDave
07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
I would Milk Ms. Duno....

Damocles
07-21-2008, 01:27 PM
BTW - it is spelled "Danica"

Damocles
07-21-2008, 01:28 PM
It is also Katherine, not Catherine.

Mott the Hoople
07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
I think Ashley Force is hotter than Danika too.

Mott the Hoople
07-21-2008, 01:40 PM
It is also Katherine, not Catherine.

Danged Spalling Nazi! :-P

Damocles
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Danged Spalling Nazi! :-P
Just giving the information just in case somebody is doing an image search.

I do like teh redheads so Erin is hot to me, but I am also partial to Hispanic women.... from the list I gotta vote Milka.

Mott the Hoople
07-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Now as for which one is the best. I've seen all these ladies race in person and here's how I rate them

Well in her specialty it's hard to argue against Ashley Force. She's won the most races and she's won a championship.

For best all around driver the best I've seen is Katherine Legge. Hope she returns to US open wheel next year. Right now she's in the German equivalent of NASCAR.

It's a toss up between Danica and Sarah. Sarah's a better oval track racer and Danica's a better road racer.

Next in line is Eric Crocker but her caring career is probably over now after her afair with Ray Evernham.

Milka is hot and she's smart but she's got a lot to prove yet.

Mott the Hoople
07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
This should help

Ashley Force

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&resnum=1&q=ashley%20force%20pictures&sa=N&tab=ni

Danica Patrick

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=danica%20patrick%20pictures&um=1&ie=UTF-8&resnum=1&sa=N&tab=ni

Milka Duno

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&resnum=1&q=milka%20duno%20pictures&sa=N&tab=ni

Sarah Fisher ( I get a kick out of the photo next to her quarter midget, she's only 5 yr old).

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&resnum=1&q=sarah%20fisher%20pictures&sa=N&tab=ni

Katherine Legge

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&resnum=1&q=katherine%20Legge%20pictures&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=ni

Erin Crocker

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&resnum=1&q=Erin%20Crocker%20pictures&sa=N&tab=ni

Minister of Truth
07-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks, I'm going to have to go with Ms. Force.

uscitizen
07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Just from looks I will go for Danika.

But I really don't care :D

Thorn
07-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm surprised that Danica showed the poor judgment to pose for some of those pictures. If she wants to be taken seriously for her racing ability, which she does have, it isn't a good idea to pose for stuff like that.

a11n
07-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi.

Topspin
07-21-2008, 05:05 PM
ashley by a long shot.

Mott the Hoople
07-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm surprised that Danica showed the poor judgment to pose for some of those pictures. If she wants to be taken seriously for her racing ability, which she does have, it isn't a good idea to pose for stuff like that.

If it wasn't for those pics Danica would probably still be driving in Formula Atlantic, where she performed no where near as well as Legge did.

Those pics got her a lot of noteriety and press and ultimately big money sponsership.

It's also why she's not nearly as respected in racing circles as Force, Fisher and Legge.

Don't get me wrong. Danica has the goods. She's just not respected for the route she took to get there. But what the hell, she has the best ride in the sport.

uscitizen
07-21-2008, 08:23 PM

right Richard Petty would never pose like that. thanks be to Gawd!

Mott the Hoople
07-22-2008, 11:28 AM
right Richard Petty would never pose like that. thanks be to Gawd!

What bothers me about women at this level of motorsports and I know this is sexist, is that it's just a matter of time before one of them get's killed.

Thorn
07-22-2008, 01:31 PM
What bothers me about women at this level of motorsports and I know this is sexist, is that it's just a matter of time before one of them get's killed.

Well, NHRA has taken temporary steps after Scott Kallitta's horrendous crash to make the sport safer for now while they examine the best ways to approach the problem. We saw that the day it happened (wasn't covered live but somebody smacking into the wall at 300+ mph doesn't leave much to the imagination).

I showed some genuine concern at a driver just beginning to get into the Top Sportsman class and going mid-sevens in the quarter mile for the first time. My husband-driver assured me that the nitro-methane fuel mix was what had been the real danger (let's not mention the abbreviated shutdown area at Englishtown). I'm still concerned. A lot. I think he's also more conscious of the danger now than he's been willing to let on. It's too soon to say but hopefully our racing days are drawing to a close.

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2008, 05:34 AM
Well, NHRA has taken temporary steps after Scott Kallitta's horrendous crash to make the sport safer for now while they examine the best ways to approach the problem. We saw that the day it happened (wasn't covered live but somebody smacking into the wall at 300+ mph doesn't leave much to the imagination).

I showed some genuine concern at a driver just beginning to get into the Top Sportsman class and going mid-sevens in the quarter mile for the first time. My husband-driver assured me that the nitro-methane fuel mix was what had been the real danger (let's not mention the abbreviated shutdown area at Englishtown). I'm still concerned. A lot. I think he's also more conscious of the danger now than he's been willing to let on. It's too soon to say but hopefully our racing days are drawing to a close.

No my understanding was that it was one of those things that regardless of safety precautions deaths will occur in racing as it's a dangerous sport. In Scott's case it's my understanding that the force of the engine blowing knocked him out and he was unable to drop the emergency drag shoot.

Thorn
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
No my understanding was that it was one of those things that regardless of safety precautions deaths will occur in racing as it's a dangerous sport. In Scott's case it's my understanding that the force of the engine blowing knocked him out and he was unable to drop the emergency drag chute.

You're probably right. Definitely the chutes weren't deployed. From the video I suspect that even if they had been, there is a good chance that they'd have burned up because the fire was so extensive. Nonetheless, the shutdown area at Englishtown is extremely short; most of the drivers have commented on that. It's surrounded by subdivision and has nowhere to go (my husband is a Jerseyite and my info comes from him). He also said that a similar problem exists at many of the older tracks where building now surrounds them. There seems to be a consensus that the cars now are just simply going too fast. It wasn't all that long ago that speeds in excess of 300 mph were reserved for the salt flats; now we're seeing that in the quarter mile drag strips.

At the same time, I think that my husband was also trying to allay my deep (and justified!) concerns about his new direction in racing. High 8s, mid 9s, as he was doing before, okay, that's still controllable though we did have an incident last year. But when you get into the mid 4s -- damn that's just too fast for the venue. I don't watch for the accidents (though I know some do), and for sure I don't want to see people killed!

Mott the Hoople
07-25-2008, 02:34 PM
You're probably right. Definitely the chutes weren't deployed. From the video I suspect that even if they had been, there is a good chance that they'd have burned up because the fire was so extensive. Nonetheless, the shutdown area at Englishtown is extremely short; most of the drivers have commented on that. It's surrounded by subdivision and has nowhere to go (my husband is a Jerseyite and my info comes from him). He also said that a similar problem exists at many of the older tracks where building now surrounds them. There seems to be a consensus that the cars now are just simply going too fast. It wasn't all that long ago that speeds in excess of 300 mph were reserved for the salt flats; now we're seeing that in the quarter mile drag strips.

At the same time, I think that my husband was also trying to allay my deep (and justified!) concerns about his new direction in racing. High 8s, mid 9s, as he was doing before, okay, that's still controllable though we did have an incident last year. But when you get into the mid 4s -- damn that's just too fast for the venue. I don't watch for the accidents (though I know some do), and for sure I don't want to see people killed!

I know what you mean. First time I went to the Indy 500 Poncho Carter slammed into the wall right in front of us and went rolling down the track in the roll cage of the car. Given the state of safety technology back in 1980 I knew I had just watched a man die.....sumbitch if he didn't survive and was back there the next year.

Point is, that was my first race and it took the blood lust out of me.

Minister of Truth
07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
LET'S HEAR IT FOR

THE CRASHES

:hand: :hand: :hand:

uscitizen
07-28-2008, 09:06 AM
The crashes are the only good part, the rest is boring.

Mott the Hoople
07-28-2008, 09:34 AM
The crashes are the only good part, the rest is boring.

Hey sometimes it's the fans who get killed. I was at the 87 Indy 500 when a man in our stands was hit by tire that came lose from Tony Bettenhuasens car and was punted into the stands by Roberto Guerrero. Hit some poor schmuck from Wisconsin in the head and killed him.

uscitizen
07-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey sometimes it's the fans who get killed. I was at the 87 Indy 500 when a man in our stands was hit by tire that came lose from Tony Bettenhuasens car and was punted into the stands by Roberto Guerrero. Hit some poor schmuck from Wisconsin in the head and killed him.

Now that is real spectator participation.