PDA

View Full Version : toughest colleges to play on the road

Topspin
06-30-2008, 12:38 PM
http://community.prepticket.com/photo/photo/show?id=823292%3APhoto%3A55611&context=album&albumId=823292%3AAlbum%3A55636:cof1:

Norman Paperman
06-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Kyle Field, baby.

Mott the Hoople
07-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Look at who's #3. Go Bucks!
http://community.prepticket.com/photo/photo/show?id=823292%3APhoto%3A55613&context=album&albumId=823292%3AAlbum%3A55636

Cancel3
07-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Look at who's #3. Go Bucks!
http://community.prepticket.com/photo/photo/show?id=823292%3APhoto%3A55613&context=album&albumId=823292%3AAlbum%3A55636

I am hoping that the Buckeyes go thru their season undefeated. If they do I also hope Georgia does the same. (yes, that means I am hoping they beat my beloved Crimson Tide)

It would be fun to see a third SEC team beat Ohio State for a third loss of the National Championship.

And if the Bulldogs play like they did the second half of last season, they can certainly run the table. If they are undefeated at the end of the regular season they should be in the big game. They have a tougher schedule than most.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-19-2008, 01:18 AM
LOL.... #1 Florida and #2 LSU ...two SEC teams beat Ohio State out again! Poor Buckeyes!

I can't really argue with Fla and LSU, but I used to love Alabama at LSU in Baton Rouge at night. Always a helluva game. I didn't look at the whole list, but Oregon has to be up there, they haven't lost a home game in like 10 years or more. 'Course, they don't play anybody worth a shit, but still...

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-19-2008, 01:19 AM
I also hope Georgia does the same. (yes, that means I am hoping they beat my beloved Crimson Tide)

You need bitch slapped boy! :eek:

Cancel3
07-19-2008, 01:49 AM

Hey, let GA do it this year and then we will do it next year.

Wouldn't that be great? Have the buckeyes slapped out of the National Championship 4 years in a row by 4 different SEC teams?

Mott the Hoople
07-21-2008, 07:13 PM
I am hoping that the Buckeyes go thru their season undefeated. If they do I also hope Georgia does the same. (yes, that means I am hoping they beat my beloved Crimson Tide)

It would be fun to see a third SEC team beat Ohio State for a third loss of the National Championship.

And if the Bulldogs play like they did the second half of last season, they can certainly run the table. If they are undefeated at the end of the regular season they should be in the big game. They have a tougher schedule than most.

Yea, Ohio States record against the SEC is just embarrassing. Hell the Big 10 would own the SEC if it wasn't for State awful record against the SEC.

I can promise you one thing. If OSU goes undefeated and there are two other undefeated teams the BCS will not pick OSU even if they beat all their opponents by 60 points. Can't says I blame the BCS for that.

Having said that. OSU is going to have one hell of a team this year. They were not expected to compete last year for the Championship game and back doored into it. They will be a much better team this year.

Mott the Hoople
07-21-2008, 07:14 PM

Don't worry about that Dixie. If they play the Buckeyes, the'll get bitch slapped.

Cancel3
07-21-2008, 08:25 PM
I heard that OSU was going to bitch slap LSU last year.

I heard that OSU was going to bitch slap Florida the year before.

Hey, its all part of the fun of college football. Don't sweat it.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Don't worry about that Dixie. If they play the Buckeyes, the'll get bitch slapped.

Hmmm, wonder what the all-time Alabama vs. Ohio State W-L record is??? Should we go look that up? Would it embarrass you too badly?

I can't believe Solitary is a true Bama fan... hopes UGA beats us... pft! I hope we beat UGA and get a chance to kick some Buckeye ass, this year AND next year, baby! Woot!

Cancel3
07-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Hmmm, wonder what the all-time Alabama vs. Ohio State W-L record is??? Should we go look that up? Would it embarrass you too badly?

I can't believe Solitary is a true Bama fan... hopes UGA beats us... pft! I hope we beat UGA and get a chance to kick some Buckeye ass, this year AND next year, baby! Woot!

lmao

Dixie, relax. I will be screaming at the tv just like you when we play GA. But I am realistic enough to know that this is not our year to run the table. Next year? Its possible. After that? I'm betting on it.

But if I can't see the Tide win it all, I love watching the SEC show the world how we play football. And the way GA played in the second half of the season last year, they should be on fire this year.

Mott the Hoople
07-22-2008, 05:22 AM

I think it's 0 and 1 in favor of Alabama....but at the end of the day....at least our players can sign their name on the ball.

Kinda reminds me of when I was at an OSU/Purdue game. We were shouting at the Purdue student section. "Were gonna kick your asses!" and they were shouting back "Were gonna get better jobs!" LOL

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I think it's 0 and 1 in favor of Alabama....but at the end of the day....at least our players can sign their name on the ball.

Kinda reminds me of when I was at an OSU/Purdue game. We were shouting at the Purdue student section. "Were gonna kick your asses!" and they were shouting back "Were gonna get better jobs!" LOL

Well, it's actually 4-0 in favor of Alabama, so if OSU were to beat us, it would be the first time, and I wouldn't be getting all cocky with the 'bitch slapping' thing.

As for who is smartest, we need to look at the all-time Debate Team W-L record between the schools. We both know, football players generally aren't the epitome of academia. Still, I bet Bama has as many former players with degrees as OSU. Now, Auburn? Tennessee? There are some dumb mofo's!

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-22-2008, 11:40 AM
lmao

Dixie, relax. I will be screaming at the tv just like you when we play GA. But I am realistic enough to know that this is not our year to run the table. Next year? Its possible. After that? I'm betting on it.

But if I can't see the Tide win it all, I love watching the SEC show the world how we play football. And the way GA played in the second half of the season last year, they should be on fire this year.

Well, I am realistic too, but I honestly don't see a team we can't beat on the schedule. Yes, UGA will be tough, they always are. Yes, LSU is not going to be a cakewalk, it never is. Then there is that Auburn problem we been having. Those clowns have just gotten away with it for way too long.

I think Saban needs another year to put together a solid NC contender, but it would not surprise me to see it this year, and I certainly think we will mess up someone's BCS plans. I hope it doesn't come down to UGA having to beat Bama to play OSU in the BCSNCG, because I can't root against Bama.

Mott the Hoople
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Well, it's actually 4-0 in favor of Alabama, so if OSU were to beat us, it would be the first time, and I wouldn't be getting all cocky with the 'bitch slapping' thing.

As for who is smartest, we need to look at the all-time Debate Team W-L record between the schools. We both know, football players generally aren't the epitome of academia. Still, I bet Bama has as many former players with degrees as OSU. Now, Auburn? Tennessee? There are some dumb mofo's!

Wrong again Dixie. It's actually 3 and 0. We played in 77, 86 and 94. Ya'll won all 3.

I'll tell you one thing....you don't want to play us this year. Alabama's not one of the elite teams in the SEC this year and OSU will be a BCS team this year.

anyway's we'll see how good OSU is this year when we play USC.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Wrong again Dixie. It's actually 3 and 0. We played in 77, 86 and 94. Ya'll won all 3.

I'll tell you one thing....you don't want to play us this year. Alabama's not one of the elite teams in the SEC this year and OSU will be a BCS team this year.

anyway's we'll see how good OSU is this year when we play USC.

I was wrong? You was wrong first! I was thinking we had played recently, and it wasn't indicated in my records, which only went up to 2000. I think I was thinking we 'almost' played you once, but didn't because you lost or something. So, I got away from myself there a little, but still... 3-0 against OSU, I'd say we pretty much own you. And in 77? Wow, that was when you guys actually were great and had a great coach! :pke:

Mott the Hoople
07-22-2008, 05:28 PM
I was wrong? You was wrong first! I was thinking we had played recently, and it wasn't indicated in my records, which only went up to 2000. I think I was thinking we 'almost' played you once, but didn't because you lost or something. So, I got away from myself there a little, but still... 3-0 against OSU, I'd say we pretty much own you. And in 77? Wow, that was when you guys actually were great and had a great coach! :pke:

We still do have a great coach. He and the Buckeye's are 1-2 in national championship games in the last 6 years. Did we get embarrased in 2 of those games? Sure, but that's a nice problem to have. How many Championship games has Bama played in in the last 6 years?

Oh, that's right. None!

How many conference championships has Bama won in the last 6 years?

Oh, that's right, none!

The Bucks have won 4.

What's Saban's record in national championship games? 1-0.

What's Tressel's record in national championship games? 5-4.

What's Saban's won lost record in the NCAA? 99-48-1. (67%)

What's Tressels won lost record? 208-73-2.(73%) (and he's a year younger than Saban).

I'll take Tressel over Sabban any day. Right now Tressel and Carroll are the best coaches in NCAA IA.

Don't get me wrong. Saban is a good coach and Bama should improve with him at the helm. But he's not of the same caliber as Jim Tressel, Pete, Carroll, Urban Myers, Les Miles or Bob Stoops.

Saban also has a problem with loyalty. If Bama wanted a great coach for years to come, they hired the wrong man. Just ask Topper if he'd trade Les Miles to have Saban back?

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-22-2008, 09:46 PM
LOL... Well to be fair, Bama was under most severe NCAA sanctions for most of the last 6 years, so it is not a fair comparison, in my opinion. How many National Championships does Bama have, and how many does Ohio State have?

As for the number of championship games you've choked in, that is a testament to how much the media loves you guys. You're like Michigan, Notre Dame, and USC... if they can justify putting you in the BCSCG, they will do it every time, doesn't matter how many games you've lost or to whom.

Mott the Hoople
07-23-2008, 05:20 AM
LOL... Well to be fair, Bama was under most severe NCAA sanctions for most of the last 6 years, so it is not a fair comparison, in my opinion. How many National Championships does Bama have, and how many does Ohio State have?

As for the number of championship games you've choked in, that is a testament to how much the media loves you guys. You're like Michigan, Notre Dame, and USC... if they can justify putting you in the BCSCG, they will do it every time, doesn't matter how many games you've lost or to whom.

Oh that's crap. The media bias is completely out of proportion for the SEC and, of course, Notre Dame and just because ya'll got caught cheating is no excuse. You're argument is bogus. The last two times OSU went to the BCSCG inn 96 season we were undefeated in regular season play and We were one of only two 1 loss teams in Div IA last year (the other being Kansas), hardly media bias.

Topspin
07-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Carson Palmer was right about the bucs and tressel pastry.

Cancel3
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
One fun tidbit that you might look at when comparing OSU and Alabama, is the list of schools with members of the USA Today Academic All Americans.

One school had 5 people make the list in the first 4 years it existed. Harvard, Yale, Princeton and other Ivy league schools had 4 people on any given year.

The University of Alabama had 5.

The UofA has a better graduation rate than OSU.

The Univ of Alabama football team has a graduation rate of 75%.

I found one year listed for OSU. The student athlete's had a graduation rate of 59% and the general student body has a graduation rate of 56%.

So I'm pretty sure that the Crimson Tide players have a far better chance of spelling most words than does the student body.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-23-2008, 11:01 PM
The last two times OSU went to the BCSCG inn 96 season we were undefeated in regular season play and We were one of only two 1 loss teams in Div IA last year (the other being Kansas)

LOL... and you played top powerhouses like Toledo, Ohio U and the Fighting Illini, Kansas played Kansas St., Iowa and Iowa St., and we were playing Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, LSU and Auburn. If we had the conference schedule you have, we'd have a lot more National Championships than we do... which is more than you have, by the way.

Cancel3
07-24-2008, 03:47 AM
Yep, its been a rough decade or so for the Tide. No doubt about that and no one is denying it.

You asked the "how many" questions?

How about.....

How many bowl appearances? 55 (the most of any NCAA football program)

How many conference championships? 26

How many QBs that took a team to the Super Bowl? 3 (the most of any NCAA football program)

Yeah, its been a rough decade or so, but I'll still take our record overall.

The SEC is over-rated? lmao No, its the toughest conference in college football.

And the thing about Saban is that he kept working his way up. Since he is now at a top college, he isn't going anywhere. He only left LSU because he thought the pros were a step up. He found out that he can't coach pros worth a damn. He isn't going back to the NFL. And when we are winning, Bama is the best place to be.

Topspin
07-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Have you ever watched a big game and said, "I wonder what that great running backs GPA is" ? NO
That shit is for teams that have nothing else to brag about and nothing else.

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2008, 05:05 AM
LOL... and you played top powerhouses like Toledo, Ohio U and the Fighting Illini, Kansas played Kansas St., Iowa and Iowa St., and we were playing Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, LSU and Auburn. If we had the conference schedule you have, we'd have a lot more National Championships than we do... which is more than you have, by the way.

Hey we don't make the rules. I'm all for a tournament. Bragging about mythical national championships is like bragging about having a hot date with the tooth fairy.

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Yep, its been a rough decade or so for the Tide. No doubt about that and no one is denying it.

You asked the "how many" questions?

How about.....

How many bowl appearances? 55 (the most of any NCAA football program)

How many conference championships? 26

How many QBs that took a team to the Super Bowl? 3 (the most of any NCAA football program)

Yeah, its been a rough decade or so, but I'll still take our record overall.

The SEC is over-rated? lmao No, its the toughest conference in college football.

And the thing about Saban is that he kept working his way up. Since he is now at a top college, he isn't going anywhere. He only left LSU because he thought the pros were a step up. He found out that he can't coach pros worth a damn. He isn't going back to the NFL. And when we are winning, Bama is the best place to be.

How many NCAA violations?

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Have you ever watched a big game and said, "I wonder what that great running backs GPA is" ? NO
That shit is for teams that have nothing else to brag about and nothing else.

You mean like Princeton and Yale? LOL

I have to admit for the four years I worked at OSU's engineering department, I never once met a student athlete. And OSU's graduation rate is not that hot but good god, OSU is almost 3 times the size of Alabama (Alabama enrollment 23,000 OSU enrollment 60,000), which means OSU graduates almost as many students each year as attend Alabama.

Topspin
07-24-2008, 08:40 AM
sure fire flag for you football team sucks
grad rates and gpa discussions
OSU Ohio Slow University

Cancel3
07-24-2008, 08:11 PM
You mean like Princeton and Yale? LOL

I have to admit for the four years I worked at OSU's engineering department, I never once met a student athlete. And OSU's graduation rate is not that hot but good god, OSU is almost 3 times the size of Alabama (Alabama enrollment 23,000 OSU enrollment 60,000), which means OSU graduates almost as many students each year as attend Alabama.

So you think the philosophy should be "let more students in, because we won't graduate but a little over half"?

The graduation rate for the general student population is 56%. That means 44% of the students who enroll at OSU don't graduate. Whether you have 60,000 or 100,000 is not the point. If you can't teach the students you are failing as a school.

And, if I might remind you, you are the one who brought the intellect up.

Mott the Hoople
07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
sure fire flag for you football team sucks
grad rates and gpa discussions
OSU Ohio Slow University

Come up and play us in the Shoe Top. Let's see how we'll ya'll do when we have the home field advantage

Mott the Hoople
07-28-2008, 07:24 PM
So you think the philosophy should be "let more students in, because we won't graduate but a little over half"?

The graduation rate for the general student population is 56%. That means 44% of the students who enroll at OSU don't graduate. Whether you have 60,000 or 100,000 is not the point. If you can't teach the students you are failing as a school.

And, if I might remind you, you are the one who brought the intellect up.

Naaa you're comparing apples to oranges. Alabama can limit enrollment, so can Michigan. By law Ohio State has to take any student from the state that graduates from an accredited Ohio High School and who can pay the tuition. End result is since a massive numbers want to attend there they have a lot of flunk out classed the first two years.

So where it's probably harder to be admitted to Alabama, it's harder to stay in OSU.

So in general, as an undergraduate liberal arts school, Alabama probably does rate a bit higher. But OSU offers a larger variety of programs and some of them, such as IT, Graphic Design and Materials Engineering are either some of the best rated in the country or are not available at schools like Bama.

But the big differance between the two are the graduate programs. OSU's graduate programs blow Bama away. Our Law, Medicine, Dental, Optometry, Engineering and Business graduate schools are some of the best rated in the nation and those are bitches to get into.

Cancel3
07-29-2008, 04:03 AM
Naaa you're comparing apples to oranges. Alabama can limit enrollment, so can Michigan. By law Ohio State has to take any student from the state that graduates from an accredited Ohio High School and who can pay the tuition. End result is since a massive numbers want to attend there they have a lot of flunk out classed the first two years.

So where it's probably harder to be admitted to Alabama, it's harder to stay in OSU.

So in general, as an undergraduate liberal arts school, Alabama probably does rate a bit higher. But OSU offers a larger variety of programs and some of them, such as IT, Graphic Design and Materials Engineering are either some of the best rated in the country or are not available at schools like Bama.

But the big differance between the two are the graduate programs. OSU's graduate programs blow Bama away. Our Law, Medicine, Dental, Optometry, Engineering and Business graduate schools are some of the best rated in the nation and those are bitches to get into.

Ok, so its apples to oranges.

But the football programs are apples to apples. And OSU has a graduation rate of 59% and The Tide has a graduation rate of 75%. Surely you are not saying that the football program has to take anyone who graduates from an accredited high school?

Mott the Hoople
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Ok, so its apples to oranges.

But the football programs are apples to apples. And OSU has a graduation rate of 59% and The Tide has a graduation rate of 75%. Surely you are not saying that the football program has to take anyone who graduates from an accredited high school?

Weeeeell......ya know....it depends on the position......a nose guard that's an academic all american probably won't be all that good. lol

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Weeeeell......ya know....it depends on the position......a nose guard that's an academic all american probably won't be all that good. lol

Someone should tell Demeco Ryans and Rolando McClain.

Cancel3
07-29-2008, 06:22 PM

I wasn't talking about academic all americans. I was just talking about graduating. You started all this discussion with your "can't read" comment. I am just exposing the ignorance of stereotypes.

Mott the Hoople
07-29-2008, 07:52 PM
I wasn't talking about academic all americans. I was just talking about graduating. You started all this discussion with your "can't read" comment. I am just exposing the ignorance of stereotypes.

Ok, Ok...you'll never agree with me about OSU football and I'll never agree with you about Bama......but we do have some common ground and there is at least one thing we can agree upon when it comes to college football...........

........MICHIGAN SUCKS!!!

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Ok, Ok...you'll never agree with me about OSU football and I'll never agree with you about Bama......but we do have some common ground and there is at least one thing we can agree upon when it comes to college football...........

........MICHIGAN SUCKS!!!

LOL... I could see you and Solitary sitting on a sofa in front of the White House just then....

Cancel3
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Ok, we can all hate michigan. How about we all hate auburn too?

And no whitehouse for me. I have a reputation to maintain.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Ok, we can all hate michigan. How about we all hate auburn too?

And no whitehouse for me. I have a reputation to maintain.

LOL... i guess you haven't seen the commercials about global warming?

Cancel3
07-29-2008, 10:25 PM
LOL... i guess you haven't seen the commercials about global warming?

Nope, I don't watch a lot of tv.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Nope, I don't watch a lot of tv.

Have a look, you'll see what I meant...
YouTube - Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi - We Can Solve It

Cancel3
08-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Top, the latest installment of "Toughest places to play in college football" has Tiger Stadium at number one.

I like that 4 of the top 10 are SEC school stadiums. "Between the hedges" at #10, The Swamp at #4, Neyland Stadium at #2 and Tiger Stadium at #1.

Mottley, The Horseshoe came in at #6.

The scary part about my beloved Tide's schedule is that we will play in 3 of those stadiums this year, including the top two.

Topspin
08-07-2008, 06:39 AM
The SEC is murders row!!!
Thankfully LSU got a lot of luck getting into the two BCS games and with Florida having given the conference the title of complete dominance and the rest of the country can battle it out for second.
LSU will be lucky to win 7 or 8 this year with all the talent we lost to the NFL

Mott the Hoople
08-07-2008, 10:28 AM
The SEC is murders row!!!
Thankfully LSU got a lot of luck getting into the two BCS games and with Florida having given the conference the title of complete dominance and the rest of the country can battle it out for second.
LSU will be lucky to win 7 or 8 this year with all the talent we lost to the NFL

The SEC is where the south sends Baptist to become Methodist (A Methodist is a Baptist who can read.) :pke:

Topspin
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Mottley your a dork who didn't go to a football school so you adopt the gay colors of Ohio slow. How bad is that?

Mott the Hoople
08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Mottley your a dork who didn't go to a football school so you adopt the gay colors of Ohio slow. How bad is that?

Well that's not fair. I may not have graduated from OSU but I was employed by them for 4 years.....and no...I wasn't a dishwasher! LOL

Cancel3
08-08-2008, 03:38 AM

Going to a football school is a bonus if you like football. But it really doesn't make any difference. Unless you suited up and played, or were part of the support staff, you were just another cheering fan. And when the fans hit their feet and start screaming, where you went to school or even IF you went to college is a moot point.

I have no problem with someone adopting any team as their own. What I have a problem with is the "bandwagon" fans. Those are the people who claim to be lifelong fans when the team is winning, but ignore them when they lose.

Mott the Hoople
08-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Going to a football school is a bonus if you like football. But it really doesn't make any difference. Unless you suited up and played, or were part of the support staff, you were just another cheering fan. And when the fans hit their feet and start screaming, where you went to school or even IF you went to college is a moot point.

I have no problem with someone adopting any team as their own. What I have a problem with is the "bandwagon" fans. Those are the people who claim to be lifelong fans when the team is winning, but ignore them when they lose.

Yea, we have those here in Columbus. There called "Cleveland Indian Fans".

Topspin
08-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Yea, we have those here in Columbus. There called "Cleveland Indian Fans".

I don't either just yanking mottley's chain. He could have adopted a faster school.:clink:

Mott the Hoople
08-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Yea, yea you beat us once with the home field advantage....come to the shoe and play us.

Topspin
08-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Mottley paint dries faster than OSU moves.
USC is going to tap that ass this year and once again you'll have to shut your trap.:clink:

Cancel3
08-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Yea, yea you beat us once with the home field advantage....come to the shoe and play us.

LSU's home field is Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. Now that may be closer to the Superdome, but its not either team's home field.

And the team that is best prepared wins. On that night, LSU was far better prepared.

Even if it was a home field for LSU, that is only a small advantage. Certainly not enough to account for the 14 point difference in the score.