PDA

View Full Version : The best part of the ignore feature

Beefy
07-27-2006, 11:16 AM
We can actually communicate with one another without every single thread being hijacked by the Dixie/Maineman 3 year running soap opera. I was trying to figure out why the threads were more interesting here, and then it hit me. Its kind of nice.

toby
07-27-2006, 11:21 AM
The ignore feature is stupid. Why come to a discussion board and ignore what is being said? Because you don't like what is being said? Are your beliefs so weak they can't stand any debate? NEVERMIND! lol

Beefy
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM
The ignore feature is stupid. Why come to a discussion board and ignore what is being said? Because you don't like what is being said? Are your beliefs so weak they can't stand any debate? NEVERMIND! lol

I probably won't use it. Bit its nice that Dix is ignoring maineman.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 11:25 AM

No, you have it completely wrong. So what else is new?

There are SOME people who add absolutely nothing of value to the forum and do nothing but spam garbage. The feature makes it much easier to filter their garbage out.

Immie

toby
07-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Who is that Immie? Okay Skinhead's dozens of posts on the the same thing time after time is annoying, but you can scroll on by those posts.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Who is that Immie? Okay Skinhead's dozens of posts on the the same thing time after time is annoying, but you can scroll on by those posts.

Only Skinhead?

I think not. I think there are several including Josef (and everyone of the impersonators) and the way this site is set up there will probably be plenty for a while. It was apparent on FP.com that many fools were juvenile and could not contain themselves. Not one of them added an iota to the forum.

Immie

toby
07-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Sometimes the trolls had good points. I just object to the multiple posts that are all the same. I don't care about trolls. Let them have thier fun.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Sometimes the trolls had good points. I just object to the multiple posts that are all the same. I don't care about trolls. Let them have thier fun.

Trolls don't make points. Trolls play games and make idiots of themselves.

Immie

toby
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Guess we disagree there Immie. I think trolls sometimes make very valid points that are worthy of discussion and these are discussion boards aren't they? I don't care you made the post, I discuss the topic. Why some need to have an ID, I don't know and I really don't care.

toby
07-27-2006, 11:56 AM
And a little humor, satire and irony in a debate is just a big bonus.

maineman
07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
the only name on my ignore list is toby2

Cypress
07-27-2006, 12:04 PM
We can actually communicate with one another without every single thread being hijacked by the Dixie/Maineman 3 year running soap opera. I was trying to figure out why the threads were more interesting here, and then it hit me. Its kind of nice.

The thing I like about it, is I can zap vile trolls like Whitey and Toby. I'll never have to see their rants about fags and n*ggers again!

toby
07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Maineman it would be an improvement if you ignored me and stopped stalking me. Please ignore me. LOL

I never rant about Fags or niggers. Cypress you have a distorted view of the world. Get a grip.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Guess we disagree there Immie. I think trolls sometimes make very valid points that are worthy of discussion and these are discussion boards aren't they? I don't care you made the post, I discuss the topic. Why some need to have an ID, I don't know and I really don't care.

Yes, we disagree.

And we also may disagree on what we define as a troll. If someone is being funny and sometimes making a point, I would not consider ignoring them. Some consider you a troll. I would not ignore you. But if someone is being a prick and being nasty or rude to others all the time, I don't want to bother with them at all.

Immie

toby
07-27-2006, 12:49 PM
That's funny Immie, if you ignore the rude people you would ignore Desh, Maineman, CK, US, Alex, and well, just about every liberal poster. LOL

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 12:59 PM
That's funny Immie, if you ignore the rude people you would ignore Desh, Maineman, CK, US, Alex, and well, just about every liberal poster. LOL

What part of this didn't you understand?

"But if someone is being a prick and being nasty or rude to others all the time,"

We are all rude at times even me. I don't mind the rudeness in the heat of a debate. However, I don't appreciate the disgusting displays of people like Skinhead or Josef. I don't find them funny in the least.

Immie

toby
07-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Okay, I just think an ignore button is unnecessary. If I don't like a post then I just scroll on past it. I don't need for the site to do that for me. I like to make my own discisions. If that is to hard for you then use the ignore button.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Okay, I just think an ignore button is unnecessary. If I don't like a post then I just scroll on past it. I don't need for the site to do that for me. I like to make my own discisions. If that is to hard for you then use the ignore button.

Oh I will, believe me I will.

Immie

toby
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
An igmore fuction is a way to censor speech, and well, I don't think speech should be censored in most cases. But hey, if you need what you read to be censored, then by all means use that function.

toby
07-27-2006, 01:25 PM
If someone doesn't censor your reading you could read something disturbing or rude! LOL

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 01:59 PM
An igmore fuction is a way to censor speech, and well, I don't think speech should be censored in most cases. But hey, if you need what you read to be censored, then by all means use that function.

You need to learn what censoring means.

I'm not censoring anyone. Any troll has the right to post whatever he/she wants. The ignore feature simply makes it easier for me to scroll through it.

That comment of yours is about as stupid as Brent's comment about Nelson Mandela. I didn't think you were so stupid.

Immie

OrnotBitwise
07-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Using an ignore feature is no different, really, than choosing not to watch certain channels on your TV.

toby
07-27-2006, 02:14 PM
The ignore button is a way to censor what you read. You do it yourself so that is just fine if that is what you need to do. But make no mistake, it is censorship. But you elect to allow someone else to censor what you read. That is up to you.

Damocles
07-27-2006, 02:19 PM
The ignore button is a way to censor what you read. You do it yourself so that is just fine if that is what you need to do. But make no mistake, it is censorship. But you elect to allow someone else to censor what you read. That is up to you.

It really is no different than avoiding somebody at a party. Sometimes you get to hear some of their conversation anyway because of proximity... such as when somebody here quotes them... It's just a way to give you to walk away.

However nobody is censored everybody else who is not avoiding them are able to have as much conversation as they wish. If I were censoring you... I would simply kick you out of my party. ;)

toby
07-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Not hardly Ornot. if you want the news you go to CNN, if you want TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL you go somewhere else. A discussion board is for discussion, you want a cluster fuck, try the DailyKos.

toby
07-27-2006, 02:23 PM
You missed the point Dam, why come to a discussion board and not have a discussion?

toby
07-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Dam I didn't mean to indicate that you made the decision to ignore or not. It has nothing to do with you.

Damocles
07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
You missed the point Dam, why come to a discussion board and not have a discussion?

No, you missed the point. You go to the party because of the people you aren't avoiding. It isn't like somebody has come on here and ignored the whole lot. It isn't happening. Both you and I won't use the feature. In fact most won't (I've already seen that on other sites). Those who do are simply avoiding somebody at the party. Not that big of a deal.

OrnotBitwise
07-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Not hardly Ornot. if you want the news you go to CNN, if you want TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL you go somewhere else. A discussion board is for discussion, you want a cluster fuck, try the DailyKos.
Blah, blah, blah. You're just annoyed because some people ignore you. There's absolutely no difference at all between putting someone on IA and simply scrolling past their posts.

toby
07-27-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't mind having an ignore button. I was just pointing out that it is silly to use it. Why come to a discussion board and ignore a poster? If you don't won't to hear opposing views there are plenty of blogs to go to that you won't hear anything you don't like.

Damocles
07-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't mind having an ignore button. I was just pointing out that it is silly to use it. Why come to a discussion board and ignore a poster? If you don't won't to hear opposing views there are plenty of blogs to go to that you won't hear anything you don't like.

Sometimes it is the actions and not the views that somebody wants to "ignore"... In fact, most times it is such.

toby
07-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe so Dam, but it is not all that hard to scroll on past that post is it? And well, how often is it that happens? If you note most who want an ignore feature want to exclude those who disagree with them. I don't mind those who ignore me, they can't make a logically arguement anyway. So I have lost nothing.

Whitey
07-27-2006, 02:57 PM
I find that most people who dont agree with Toby and call him names and such, also hate George Bush. Why, because even though they want to so badly, they just can't beat him, and in Toby's case they can't beat him verbally.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 03:08 PM

You are being an idiot in this case.

Censorship is preventing someone from having their say. It has nothing to do with choosing not to read or listen to the other. I am not censoring the KKK when I choose not to listen to their speeches or read their literature. I would be censoring them if I got an injunction against them preventing them from speaking or distributing literature.

It would be censorship if I prevented you from posting your viewpoints. It is not censorship if I choose not to read anything you post by simply using a feature that allows me to skip everything you have written.

Immie

IHateGovernment
07-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Toby is stupid do not waste your time.

Cypress
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
You are being an idiot in this case.

Censorship is preventing someone from having their say. It has nothing to do with choosing not to read or listen to the other. I am not censoring the KKK when I choose not to listen to their speeches or read their literature. I would be censoring them if I got an injunction against them preventing them from speaking or distributing literature.

It would be censorship if I prevented you from posting your viewpoints. It is not censorship if I choose not to read anything you post by simply using a feature that allows me to skip everything you have written.

Immie

It is not censorship if I choose not to read anything you post by simply using a feature that allows me to skip everything you have written.

I highly recommend you put toby on your ignore list. Do you realize, you just spent the last hour going round and round with him, about nothing? Toby's a waste of time.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
It is not censorship if I choose not to read anything you post by simply using a feature that allows me to skip everything you have written.

I highly recommend you put toby on your ignore list. Do you realize, you just spent the last hour going round and round with him, about nothing? Toby's a waste of time.

I have been tempted at times but he's not one of the ones that I would consider iggy material. I can scroll through all of his posts and not miss anything important. I also don't see the N*gger posts scrolling through his messages. Those are the ones that bother me the most. Those are the trolls that I feel are iggy material.

And I have not spent the last hour going round and round with him. Just bits and pieces of it. I was not waiting with baited breath for him to post so I could post a reply.

Immie

klaatu
07-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Why do I always feel like Im defending Toby? He is absolutely right... if you dont want to read someones posts.. just scroll by.. what is so hard about that? There a couple of people whom I consider trolls that most others wouldnt ... they add absolutely ziltch .., they dont have the ability to form more than 2 or 3 sentences ... yet some people regard them as heroes! As much as they annoy me.. I wouldnt use the ignore button.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Why do I always feel like Im defending Toby? He is absolutely right... if you dont want to read someones posts.. just scroll by.. what is so hard about that? There a couple of people whom I consider trolls that most others wouldnt ... they add absolutely ziltch .., they dont have the ability to form more than 2 or 3 sentences ... yet some people regard them as heroes! As much as they annoy me.. I wouldnt use the ignore button.

Well, about the only people I have considered ignoring are people like Skinhead, Josef and Pimptdaddy. There is just nothing of value that comes out of them. I would sooner have a short box to scroll though then 287 lines of the N-word posted over and over again.

Oh an possibly because you ARE always defending Toby. :D

Immie

IHateGovernment
07-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Name names Klaatu.

klaatu
07-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Name names Klaatu.

Why would you want me to do that? Do you want me to provide a link too? :rolleyes:

OrnotBitwise
07-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Why would you want me to do that? Do you want me to provide a link too? :rolleyes:
Absolutely! If the shelling has to begin we want it to be as well targeted as possible.

klaatu
07-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Absolutely! If the shelling has to begin we want it to be as well targeted as possible.

C'mon Ornot.. they know who they are.. and you are too damn smart not to figure out who Im talking about.....

Lets put it this way ...

I could never figure out how one earns a law degree or a Masters in say Economics or Business.... while lacking basic grammar skills. Unless of course you get the certificate from the back pages of Popular Mechanic. There are others ... :clink:

IHateGovernment
07-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Sounds like Alex.

Also I know Klaatu doesn't like AC.

Thats all I got. I get the impression their are more though.

klaatu
07-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Sounds like Alex.

Also I know Klaatu doesn't like AC.

Thats all I got. I get the impression their are more though.

No .. I dont regard A/C as a troll.. not at all.... I just think the guy has serious personal issues .... :)

BRUTALITOPS
07-27-2006, 04:46 PM
it's a very nice feature. What sr doesn't realize is people are going to naturally ignore who they don't want to listen to anyway. I almost never read desh posts anymore. Ignore feature should be an individual choice.

Care4all
07-27-2006, 06:04 PM
gosh you guys....am i the only one that is good at this ''guessing'' game?

klaatu means topspin and alex....

i think?

Damocles
07-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Maybe so Dam, but it is not all that hard to scroll on past that post is it? And well, how often is it that happens? If you note most who want an ignore feature want to exclude those who disagree with them. I don't mind those who ignore me, they can't make a logically arguement anyway. So I have lost nothing.

I note nothing of the sort. Most who want an ignore feature want to exclude those who only insult without points to be made. They scroll past the quotes, much like they would purposely ignore hearing the person they are avoiding at a party...

I haven't said you lost anything. If you notice you are still talking and you are still being heard regardless of such a feature. You can ease your fear, I won't ignore you....

Damocles
07-27-2006, 06:29 PM

Most wouldn't, but for those who want to it's there. Why should it be such a big deal... It hasn't effected you, has it?

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-27-2006, 07:46 PM

Speaking for someone using it, I can tell you why. To avoid communicating with people you just don't wish to deal with anymore. I'm sure you have some people who just want to post to antagonize you, I've seen them post. I am sure you get tired of reading it, and would just like to tune it out. The ignore option allows you to do this, so that your thread conversation is cleaner.

I commend Damo on this feature, and it's indeed the reason I am HERE and not THERE.

Beefy
07-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Speaking for someone using it, I can tell you why. To avoid communicating with people you just don't wish to deal with anymore. I'm sure you have some people who just want to post to antagonize you, I've seen them post. I am sure you get tired of reading it, and would just like to tune it out. The ignore option allows you to do this, so that your thread conversation is cleaner.

I commend Damo on this feature, and it's indeed the reason I am HERE and not THERE.
Right. Its not about ignoring different viewpoints, its about ignoring the shit that goes beyond the fray.

Sir Evil
08-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Right. Its not about ignoring different viewpoints, its about ignoring the shit that goes beyond the fray.

LOL, except when a shitbrick goes beyond the frey to make a point to someone that is on his ignore list!

This feature is a very good for shitbricks to have an excuse not to reply to something that they have posted when convenient for them......:cof1:

Minister of Truth
02-03-2021, 06:34 PM

Thus spake Toby.

ParachuteAdams
02-10-2021, 01:39 PM
The wood got wet. it expanded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIHQMibVqk8

Greenboard is a term that's occasionally used for a type of drywall that is used for walls
in damp but not wet zones in a building. Originally, greenboard was used as a direct backer
board for ceramic tile in highly wet areas such as showers or bathtubs but this usage began
to be phased out in the 1990s.Dec 10, 2020

Mold is a type of fungus. These small organisms can be black, white, orange, green,
or purple and live almost anywhere indoors and outside. Molds thrive on moisture and
reproduce through lightweight spores that travel through the air. You're exposed to mold
every day. They're usually harmless in small amounts. :palm:

Baseboard heating - Recessed lighting

ParachuteAdams
02-13-2021, 07:35 PM
He's tired and had it. Not getting what he normally gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qT7NI0bhcw

Well, I was on my way home
From Woodgrain station
He stopped me in the middle of the road
He was a big black dog, whinin' along
He said, "You better do what you told"
I jumped back, rather astounded
I never heard a dog could speak

As sad as the whole situation is. The women the dog the husband. The rent! ;)

He's throwing the curveball and they're all dodging the
disfunction in the home that comes from the adults.

The kid has now become screwy. (https://oxfordtreatment.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Weed-map-01.jpg)

I brake my back and now they call the phuzz on me and I get locked up. The backbone is no more. How do you fix it?$?$

ParachuteAdams
02-15-2021, 11:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TPUwrURo6M

Nice boat you got there. where did you learn how to do that?
Was it in a dingy basement at 3:30 in the morning on a cold
winter night in East New York, Brownsville, Red Hook, Bed Stuy? (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31FWB%2BTe5VL._AC_.jpg)

Do you have a license for that? There's nothing like having some kielbasa with sauerkraut.. (https://northjerseyrecovery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Speedball-Abuse-and-Recovery-North-Jersey-Recovery-Center-140804392.jpg)

Underdog
02-15-2021, 11:25 AM
He's tired and had it. Not getting what he normally gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qT7NI0bhcw

Well, I was on my way home
From Woodgrain station
He stopped me in the middle of the road
He was a big black dog, whinin' along
He said, "You better do what you told"
I jumped back, rather astounded
I never heard a dog could speak

As sad as the whole situation is. The women the dog the husband. The rent! ;)

He's throwing the curveball and they're all dodging the
disfunction in the home that comes from the adults.

The kid has now become screwy. (https://oxfordtreatment.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Weed-map-01.jpg)

I brake my back and now they call the phuzz on me and I get locked up. The backbone is no more. How do you fix it?$?$

You race bmx?

ParachuteAdams
02-15-2021, 11:44 AM
I was at the fight. I got the tickets for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ-cwYLhi3g

NO!

Bill
02-15-2021, 02:34 PM
Thus spake Toby.

IMHO this is as true today as it was when it was said several years ago, POST #31
Sometimes it is the actions and not the views that somebody wants to "ignore"... In fact, most times it is such.

I've read countless announcements of ppl putting someone on ignore, not once was it for their views, but rather their actions:|

Minister of Truth
02-15-2021, 09:25 PM
IMHO this is as true today as it was when it was said several years ago, POST #31

I've read countless announcements of ppl putting someone on ignore, not once was it for their views, but rather their actions:|

I just wanted to bump a post by Toby. :D

Bill
02-15-2021, 09:36 PM
lol...... Never had the pleasure, was he/she a decent sort??

ParachuteAdams
02-19-2021, 12:23 PM
I have to go and rescue him. (https://www.tasteofhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shutterstock_560049208.jpg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErcOdhL4524

I smoke a pack a day. My teeth are yellow. Talks down to people. PRICELESS! ;)

ParachuteAdams
02-21-2021, 07:48 AM
Rubber is a wonderfully useful and malleable material. Like most materials though, rubber degradation will eventually occur over time due to common environmental factors like heat, light and ozone. 25 for $1.50 and you have them for the rest of your life. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEW6Ut78to

NiftyNiblick
02-21-2021, 08:02 AM

We come here for different reasons.
I'm not PoliTalker.
I don't come here expecting civil debate, just like I don't go to the butcher shop to buy a new suit.

I come here to vent, so whether or not anybody reads or responds to my posts is largely irrelevant.
I can't go out on the street and start screaming obscenities and threats at anyone with a Trump sign on his lawn.
I'd like to, but we have police in this community, and when they're not at Dunkin Donuts, they actually do their jobs (without even murdering black people).

So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.
It's not very rewarding or satisfying, unfortunately, but it's something, and being a retired senior, I have time on my hands.

The ignore feature hides my targets, so I don't use it.
Those with the Pollyanna goal of seeking civil conversation might, on the other hand, find it useful.

ThatOwlWoman
02-21-2021, 08:38 AM
I'm not PoliTalker.
I don't come here expecting civil debate, just like I don't go to the butcher shop to buy a new suit.

I come here to vent, so whether or not anybody reads or responds to my posts is largely irrelevant.
I can't go out on the street and start screaming obscenities and threats at anyone with a Trump sign on his lawn.
I'd like to, but we have police in this community, and when they're not at Dunkin Donuts, they actually do their jobs (without even murdering black people).

It's not very rewarding or satisfying, unfortunately, but it's something, and being a retired senior, I have time on my hands.

Those with the Pollyanna goal of seeking civil conversation might, on the other hand, find it useful.

Such refreshing honesty. I knew there was another reason beyond your political POV that I liked you.

ParachuteAdams
02-21-2021, 02:45 PM
Another way to deliver the change up.
Put a twist in it and it's now a screwball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl8Kyy6Rtlw

Minister of Truth
02-21-2021, 03:35 PM
lol...... Never had the pleasure, was he/she a decent sort??

He posted a lot, and was viewed by many as a nuisance. Today, he would likely be more appreciated, because, he wasn't hostile and crude.

I seem to recall his user tag being altered to Board Royalty, as a joke.

ParachuteAdams
02-22-2021, 10:13 AM
The only part that works on him is his fukcin mouth.
Am I going to jail?

How long do you know this person?
Over 70 years.
How did he get like this?
He has a chemical imbalance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGhbbpel30

ParachuteAdams
02-23-2021, 08:34 AM
I decided to go the ER because I had a 100 to 101 fever.
I walk in and there he is. It never fails. The president of
Puerto Rico, laying on a cot with a bullet lodged in his leg.

I never thought much of it. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Cali)

There he was walking by, who'd figure. I would never expect it.
I met Inz through Gay A. We became good friends.
Joe Bads moved here from Bushwick. he is or was really good at basketball.
We enjoyed each other's company and became really good friends.
He's from welfare that worked for tips in the Pizzeria. You can
only imagine the money he made. Go and visit him now. Let me
know what you see? He wouldn't hurt a fly.

The characters here have been depicted. (https://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/15/nyregion/leader-of-queens-crime-ring-pleads-guilty-to-5-murders.html)

The one fella had bad psychiatric issues. It was so obvious. The way he would just stand there
look around and conversate, everybody new. It wasn't from his upbringing or his environment.
It was so obvious that it was hereditary and it went neglected.

We all like Football, Basketball and baseball. I like boxing.
I'm not different or for sure not better than anyone else. I was
named one of the captains of the team. It's only POP WARNER in NYC! ;)

You got 15 cents I'm short for the train ride to the game. (full equipment)
We have 13 guys here. We always had enough to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtU_7M-h6ns

ParachuteAdams
02-24-2021, 07:29 PM

An au pair is a helper from a foreign country working for, and living as part of,
a host family. Typically, au pairs take on a share of the family's responsibility
for childcare as well as some housework, and receive a monetary allowance for
personal use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOMqqI-kzHY

She hires the boss's kid. She said your not allowed to see or
talk to the kids and then you hired another and that one quit too.

The big brother works in the deli as slice.
What is that? What did you do?

The kids play peddle peddle. (https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/1035306350/thumb/12.jpg)

ParachuteAdams
03-25-2021, 12:19 PM
DOLL FACE, ANGEL EYES, LISTEN UP!

When you're having your morning walk or afternoon jog, whatever it maybe.
Make sure to do it on the inside where the people are. When you get close
enough then you can move to a outside opening. To make a long story short.
Before I take A FUKC'n piss I make sure to look both ways. I don't need some
ditsy broad sneaking up on me behind a fence. You had to see the smile on
her F'n face. It made both of our days and we're so happy now!

NO it wasn't me I didn't do it. Did you do it there. Definitely not by the mural.
Who would ever do such a F'n thing. No way not me. These people are animals
tell them to go back where they came from.
:rolleyes:
UHH UHH XXXL TILE HUNT june 1st UHH UHH DUHH

The old bridge never had a fence. You need to get rid of the fence or only make it 3 feet high.
This has nothing to do with me. The kids are old enough to go fishing on their own. I went
to use the pathway under the bridge to cross to the other side and there was a homeless
guy taking a dump. I turned around before he seen me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EEPB5g0pyY

The class trip. Is there a porto potty there? :palm:

ParachuteAdams
03-28-2021, 07:16 AM
Blondie: I got the gout.
Gout is caused by a condition known as hyperuricemia, where there is too much uric acid in the body.
The body makes uric acid when it breaks down purines, which are found in your body and the foods you eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv04fiB7Aog

I was watching spearlife and Kobe on his 50th birthday did a no handed backflip.

We don't know what he's feeling. COFFEE! I'm a useless spic at the track with obnoxious remarks. (https://www.healio.com/news/hematology-oncology/20120331/what-is-hypertension)

ParachuteAdams
03-28-2021, 12:46 PM

The Polio epidemic.
You mean pandemic.
No I mean epidemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5UveY4r-U

ParachuteAdams
03-29-2021, 07:19 AM

Marilyn Munster, the mental health therapist tells the cops what?

Expect your police academy training to last approximately six months.

After four years of medical school, the graduate takes an examination to receive a medical license.
From there, they go through four years of psychiatry residency. That means it takes most psychiatrists
at least 12 years to become a practicing psychiatrist.

Were their kids up there? What were they doing? You saved them. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm7DFnOGGvY

That's his mother. Who's his father you F'n brainless Mc. I'M ITALIAN! ;)

How much does a Clinical Director make at New York State Office of Mental Health in the United States?
Average New York State Office of Mental Health Clinical Director yearly pay in the United States is
approximately $258,912, which is 205% above the national average.

I have my own practice.
(https://ogden_images.s3.amazonaws.com/www.ljworld.com/images/2007/07/22191207/na_Phil_Spector_lawyer_bw_f.jpg)

ParachuteAdams
04-07-2021, 08:28 AM
Oil Delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbYNu-ldMD4

School Bus

ParachuteAdams
12-19-2021, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Juan and I’m going to teach you how to dance.
Now come on everyone. Juan, two, three with me.

https://www.silive.com/resizer/g_XDuKyGbH05G12q8Wayjim0P8o=/1280x0/smart/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/advancelocal/BTZUIBJ6QRE2RFLN7TSNR4E3WU.jpg

HART ISLAND (https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hartisland/hart-island/hart-island.page)

https://youtu.be/1hJAe4hi7GA

ParachuteAdams
12-28-2021, 03:20 PM
Lox is a fillet of brined salmon, that may or may not be smoked. Lox is frequently served on a bagel with cream cheese, and often garnished with tomato, sliced onion, cucumbers, and capers.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/GettyImages-106026190-2048x1403.jpg

Gefilte fish is a dish made from a poached mixture of ground deboned fish, such as carp, whitefish, or pike. It is traditionally served as an appetizer by Ashkenazi Jewish households. Popular on Shabbat and Jewish holidays such as Passover, it may be consumed throughout the year.

https://youtu.be/0ILnf34XXew

Is there anyway we can get in? Just in case of a emergency. This is what I see.

ParachuteAdams
01-03-2022, 04:35 PM
Thats some choreography. I bet she’ll make a hell of a firefighter.

https://youtu.be/4Rb9L_e3vjg

zymurgy
01-03-2022, 04:46 PM

the ignore feature is bullshit because I am still notified when people I ignore reply to me

Hawkeye10
01-03-2022, 04:47 PM
Thats some choreography. I bet she’ll make a hell of a firefighter.

https://youtu.be/4Rb9L_e3vjg

The lighting is fucking annoying.

Matt Dillon
01-04-2022, 11:56 PM
I'm not PoliTalker.

Your ignore list is as long as my forearm, you snowflake pussy!

RB 60
01-05-2022, 01:01 AM
Your ignore list is as long as my forearm, you snowflake pussy!

He claims it is, anyways...

Matt Dillon
01-05-2022, 09:43 AM
He claims it is, anyways...

It appears he claims a lot of contradictory things. Now what would one call a person like that? Hmm..let's see here..:thinking:

McRocket
01-10-2022, 11:42 PM
I'm not PoliTalker.

You do realize that you just admitted that you basically come here to troll?

'troll verb [I or T] (ANNOY)

informal
to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:'
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/troll

You seem to have above average intelligence and knowledge.

Surely there are better/cooler/more constructive ways than trolling to blow off your anger/frustration?

NiftyNiblick
01-11-2022, 04:15 AM
You do realize that you just admitted that you basically come here to troll?

'troll verb [I or T] (ANNOY)

informal
to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:'
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/troll

You seem to have above average intelligence and knowledge.

Surely there are better/cooler/more constructive ways than trolling to blow off your anger/frustration?

Not an accurate assessment, but perhaps an easy mistake to make..

Trolling is to annoy others.
Venting is to relieve oneself.

I assume that everybody who strongly dislikes my post has me on ignore, but if they don't, that option is available to them.
I have over sixty people on ignore myself.

I vent to satisfy me, not to annoy you.
For me, JPP is a forum more for monologue than dialogue.
Very few have actual joint discourse with me.
Most of the subscribers who do read my posts regularly understand this.

McRocket
01-11-2022, 04:28 AM
Not an accurate assessment, but perhaps an easy mistake to make..

Trolling is to annoy others.
Venting is to relieve oneself.

I assume that everybody who strongly dislikes my post has me on ignore, but if they don't, that option is available to them.
I have over sixty people on ignore myself.

I vent to satisfy me, not to annoy you.
For me, JPP is a forum more for monologue than dialogue.
Very few have actual joint discourse with me.
Most of the subscribers who do read my posts regularly understand this.

Okay.
I must say your answers have a more refreshing air to them then most.

But anyway you typed earlier:

'So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.'

And once again, the definition of a troll that I posted above was;
'to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:''

If you just enter a thread and give the verbal 'finger' to someone?
Clearly you are doing it to irritate/upset them.
You find satisfaction in the knowledge that you have irritated someone whom you find irritating.
Why else would you do it?

Sorry man...by definition?
That IS troll behavior.
That is not me judging it...that is the definition.

NiftyNiblick
01-11-2022, 04:45 AM
Okay.
I must say your answers have a more refreshing air to them then most.

But anyway you typed earlier:

'So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.'

And once again, the definition of a troll that I posted above was;
'to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:''

If you just enter a thread and give the verbal 'finger' to someone?
Clearly you are doing it to irritate/upset them.
You find satisfaction in the knowledge that you have irritated someone whom you find irritating.
Why else would you do it?

Sorry man...by definition?
That IS troll behavior.
That is not me judging it...that is the definition.

I appreciate your point, but I don't see it that way.

Flashing my middle finger at them makes me feel better.
I have no idea if they even see it or not.
If they do, I can't imagine that they give too much of a fuck about it.
It's to make me feel better with no considration of them whatsoever.

I constantly unload on PoliTalker whose posts have the effect of trolling on me.
But I know that he/she/it has me on ignore. Thus, it's obviously for my amusement, not his/her/its consternation.

McRocket
01-11-2022, 05:03 AM
I appreciate your point, but I don't see it that way.

Flashing my middle finger at them makes me feel better.
I have no idea if they even see it or not.
If they do, I can't imagine that they give too much of a fuck about it.
It's to make me feel better with no considration of them whatsoever.

I constantly unload on PoliTalker whose posts have the effect of trolling on me.
But I know that he/she/it has me on ignore. Thus, it's obviously for my amusement, not his/her/its consternation.

You do things that you know could cause others harm?
And yet you have ZERO?
Absolutely no consideration of your actions as to how they may affect others?

I am afraid that what you are describing is a personality disorder.

https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/malignant-self-love/empathy-and-personality-disorders

No offense intended.

NiftyNiblick
01-11-2022, 05:45 AM
You do things that you know could cause others harm?
And yet you have ZERO?
Absolutely no consideration of your actions as to how they may affect others?

I am afraid that what you are describing is a personality disorder.

https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/malignant-self-love/empathy-and-personality-disorders

No offense intended.

None taken. I didn't draw my own blueprint. Nobody does.
I'm not concerned about doing harm to internet characters with anonymous user names.
Nor are they concerned about doing harm to me.
We're not people here. We're just a bunch of ones and zeroes.

ParachuteAdams
01-11-2022, 09:04 AM
For youth hockey there’s no more than two strides allowed per check.

https://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0076/3731/Checking_Manual_FINAL.pdf (https://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0076/3731/Checking_Manual_FINAL.pdf)

https://youtu.be/ounIDTQiQ2s

charging, carrying, walking, double dribble, goal tending

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/02/08/sports/00FREETHROWS2/00FREETHROWS2-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp