PDA

View Full Version : Ironic

IHateGovernment
09-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Did you know that the first declaration of human rights in recorded history comes from Iran (Persia) under the leadership of Cyrus the Great? It included the ideas of freedom of religion and banned slavery.

The tides of history are an interesting thing.

Damocles
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, and that isn't the mild ironic of rain on a wedding day either...

IHateGovernment
09-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I hate that song. The stuff she says isn't even ironic either.

TRGLDTE
09-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Pathetic, but not ironic

IHateGovernment
09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
You don't find it ironic that one of the worst human rights abusers is also the cradle of codified human rights.

TRGLDTE
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
You don't find it ironic that one of the worst human rights abusers is also the cradle of codified human rights. I was talking about the stupid song. The things in it are pathetic, not ironic.

The cradle of civilizatin is now home to human right abusers - OK, I'll go with that.

uscitizen
09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Did you know that the first declaration of human rights in recorded history comes from Iran (Persia) under the leadership of Cyrus the Great? It included the ideas of freedom of religion and banned slavery.

The tides of history are an interesting thing.
Yep and iraq is the cradle of civilization ?

Hermes Thoth
07-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Yes I really do think....

Care4all
07-28-2007, 07:51 AM

yes, at least in yester year! i think this was ihg's point....!

FUCK THE POLICE
07-28-2007, 08:31 AM
I was talking about the stupid song. The things in it are pathetic, not ironic.

The cradle of civilizatin is now home to human right abusers - OK, I'll go with that.

Why would they be pathetic? If anything bad happens to anyone, it's pathetic?

But listening to it, it's pretty clear she has no idea what the word means, and was just using it because she thought it sounded fancy. You see that a lot on modern singers, it's really nothing new.

Beefy
07-28-2007, 09:59 AM

Me too. She should have just named it "30 Or So Situations That Suck". At least it would have been honest.

Damocles
07-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I find it ironic that a song about irony has little or no irony in it.

Battleborne
07-28-2007, 10:59 AM

the whole area in this time period consisted of Iraq,Iran,Syria etc...only modern man devided the area into separate countries!

uscitizen
07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I was talking about the stupid song. The things in it are pathetic, not ironic.

It always has been. Ever read the bible ?

uscitizen
07-28-2007, 07:16 PM
the whole area in this time period consisted of Iraq,Iran,Syria etc...only modern man devided the area into separate countries!

Wrong again, ever read the bible ?
Or don't you believe the Bible ?

Babalon, Cannan, Corith, Summaria, etc....
Just a different arrangement now a days.

Where did Cananites, Samaritans, Babalyonians, etc come from ?
and lets not forget the cedars in the temple that came from Lebanon.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Wrong again, ever read the bible ?
Or don't you believe the Bible ?

Babalon, Cannan, Corith, Summaria, etc....
Just a different arrangement now a days.

Where did Cananites, Samaritans, Babalyonians, etc come from ?
and lets not forget the cedars in the temple that came from Lebanon.

Cananites were there before those damn Jews stole it.

Samartians, babylonians, etc... etc...That was all at different times. Persia, at one point, held all of that territory, and never really existed in the same time period as those countries.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-28-2007, 11:48 PM
An analysis of the ironic lack of irony in "Ironic" by Irish comedian Ed Byrne includes:

"There's nothing ironic about being stuck in a traffic jam when you're late for something. Unless you're a town planner. If you were a town planner and you were on your way to a seminar of town planners at which you were giving a talk on how you solved the problem of traffic congestion in your area, couldn't get to it because you were stuck in a traffic jam, that'd be well ironic."

"Rain on your wedding day is ironic only if marrying a weatherman and he set the date."

"A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break, that's inconsiderate office management. A no-smoking sign in a cigarette factory - irony."

uscitizen
07-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Umm the good samaritan ?
And Paul went to Corinth, hence Corinthians. That book was about his travels there up into the edge of current Turkey.
Look up an old biblical era map, some Bibles have them, perhaps some of my names were incorrect but the concept was correct as opposed to BB's.

Minister of Truth
09-13-2013, 04:16 AM
An analysis of the ironic lack of irony in "Ironic" by Irish comedian Ed Byrne includes:

"There's nothing ironic about being stuck in a traffic jam when you're late for something. Unless you're a town planner. If you were a town planner and you were on your way to a seminar of town planners at which you were giving a talk on how you solved the problem of traffic congestion in your area, couldn't get to it because you were stuck in a traffic jam, that'd be well ironic."

"Rain on your wedding day is ironic only if marrying a weatherman and he set the date."

"A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break, that's inconsiderate office management. A no-smoking sign in a cigarette factory - irony."

No matter how far back you dig, you can always find some worthy criticism from Watermark.

#Axe to grind

FUCK THE POLICE
09-13-2013, 09:42 PM
No matter how far back you dig, you can always find some worthy criticism from Watermark.

#Axe to grind

Nah, I'm really not sui pedantic about such things anymore. I think the people who whine so much about the definition of irony should get a life.

Rune
09-14-2013, 04:25 AM
I think the people who whine so much about the definition of irony should get a life.

Irony.