PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Cypress
07-27-2006, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't have two political forums - General Politics, and Current events, like you have now.

I'd just have one General Politics category for simplicity. A current event most certainly also qualifies as "general politics"

SR_
07-27-2006, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't have two political forums - General Politics, and Current events, like you have now.

I'd just have one General Politics category for simplicity. A current event most certainly also qualifies as "general politics"

yeah, id make it just like FullPolitics

lol

SR

Damocles
07-27-2006, 10:00 AM

I'm thinking of turning that one into an International Politics Forum.

Beefy
07-27-2006, 10:25 AM

lol

SR

Ego alert.

BRUTALITOPS
07-27-2006, 04:39 PM

lol

SR

SR made a simple site so now we have to make this one unneccesarily complicated so he'll shut the fuck up.

SR - YOU DID NOT INVENT SIMPLICITY. Get lost.

SR_
07-27-2006, 04:59 PM
no i didnt invent simplicity, i was able to listen to members and create a board that they seemed to really really like.

now that another member has created a board, the desires seem to be to make it a copy of the site that catered to such desires.

im not claiming to have invented anything, but is it not an accurate statement to the suggestion of making less forums, or making one "general" political forum as being precisely what fp.com has?

this is to say that if Damo decides to merge all off topic forums into one, and create a forum for polls, and merge all the political forums into one, will it not be an accurate statement to say that it would be just like fp.com, as it already has one forum for off topics, one forum for politics, and one forum for polls? I dont think that establishes ownership to any idea, its just an obvious observation that anyone with eyes and fingers can make.

but i do love it that it irkes you much grind.

hahaha

SR

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Now, now you two. Kiss and make up.

{smirk}

Okay, well maybe shake hands and come out swinging?

Immie

BRUTALITOPS
07-27-2006, 06:09 PM
fullpolitics.com is like a lot of other sites. Yeah, you listened to what everyone said.. and now those same people are saying the same things to damo.. so why shouldn't he listen?

Beefy
07-27-2006, 06:28 PM
fullpolitics.com is like a lot of other sites. Yeah, you listened to what everyone said.. and now those same people are saying the same things to damo.. so why shouldn't he listen?

No no no. You see, if Damocles comes to the same conclusions as SR, it simply means that he's imitating SR. SR unlocked the perfect message board key, and anything similar is an ode to the great SR.

At least that's what his ego is making him believe.

I swear, he didn't used to have an ego like this. I don't know what's happening to him. The guy would really, really do well to recognize the little bugger and ditch it. But egos are self protecting.

Damocles
07-27-2006, 06:31 PM
It's all good anyway. I'm working to keep it simpler than some I have seen, but don't like the one topic Forums as many posts that would otherwise deserve attention drop quickly to the bottom. This way they are more separated and have a good chance of getting read...

So, it will likely stay as it is, unless I add to it.

:p

Beefy
07-27-2006, 06:34 PM
For the record, I think its pretty good. I really like the Sports and Hobbies section. You know for sports, things like poker and football, and for hobbies things like flying kites and birdwatching.