PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Area 51 Located?

Minister of Truth
06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Because we're just dying to know aready!

evince
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
None of the above.

Diuretic
06-06-2008, 07:49 PM
I thought it was near Tonopah.

Minister of Truth
06-06-2008, 07:54 PM
LOL I'm not sure if there is a Creek Falls in Texas, I just made it up. As for Hayfork, I've been there once and its just south of Redding. There is actually another hick town right next to it called Hyumpam (not sure about the spelling), where we visited some family friends... Cheyenne Mt. is an obvious conspiracy site, so it was a no brainer. And then, DM is located in Arizona and is a military installation, which plays into a lot of the Area 51 conspiracies...

That's my reasoning for the four options. I think they are all better than None of the Above, but Tonopah is equally valid. :)

NOVA
06-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Area 51 is a remote tract of land in the southwestern portion of southern Nevada in the western United States. Situated at its center, on the southern shore of a dry lakebed (salt lake), is a large military airfield, one of the most secretive places in the world. The base's primary purpose is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems.[1][2]

The base lies within the United States Air Force's vast Nevada Test and Training Range.

Minister of Truth
06-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow, is that off of Wikipedia by any chance? I'd love to be stationed at that installation for the Air Force. I'd be two hours from both Reno and Vegas, and I'd have a TS clearance and access to some awesome technology! :cool:

Diuretic
06-07-2008, 03:59 AM
LOL I'm not sure if there is a Creek Falls in Texas, I just made it up. As for Hayfork, I've been there once and its just south of Redding. There is actually another hick town right next to it called Hyumpam (not sure about the spelling), where we visited some family friends... Cheyenne Mt. is an obvious conspiracy site, so it was a no brainer. And then, DM is located in Arizona and is a military installation, which plays into a lot of the Area 51 conspiracies...

That's my reasoning for the four options. I think they are all better than None of the Above, but Tonopah is equally valid. :)

I remember nearly having a prang in Tucson, I was driving a rented Sunbird with the top down and watching the A-10s coming in to land at Davis-Monthan, the screaming noise from the passenger seat alerted me to the potential problem. Nice aviation museum there too.

A lady in Tonopah in a store showed me some handguns, I couldn't buy one though, but I was tickled pink, it was a sort of supermarket and general store and they had all these handguns for sale, even a special model Colt 1911, it was a little beauty.

Battleborne
06-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Area 51 is a remote tract of land in the southwestern portion of southern Nevada in the western United States. Situated at its center, on the southern shore of a dry lakebed (salt lake), is a large military airfield, one of the most secretive places in the world. The base's primary purpose is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems.[1][2]

The base lies within the United States Air Force's vast Nevada Test and Training Range.

would be Groom Lake.. www.dreamlandresort.com/area51/area51map2.html

Damocles
06-07-2008, 08:40 PM
It is in Nevada, it is one of many testing ranges in Nevada....

uscitizen
06-08-2008, 04:58 AM
It is not in Chyenne Mountain. That is where the stargate is.
Why do you think the are "officially " shutting down chyenne mtn.

Minister of Truth
06-09-2008, 02:06 AM
It is not in Chyenne Mountain. That is where the stargate is.
Why do you think the are "officially " shutting down chyenne mtn.

I mostly just put it in because I work under NORAD, and the HQ for the whole Joint Command is at Cheyenne Mt. Home.

uscitizen
06-09-2008, 06:33 AM
My nephew worked at Cheyene MTN and they had a broom closet with a dead keypad on it labeled SGC for laughs for the tours.

Thorn
06-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I picked AZ just because it was closest to Nevada. I need more coffee. :cof1:

TRGLDTE
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Nevada (= none of the above)

Thorn
06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Nevada (= none of the above)

I know; it was a choice omitted. That's what I get for only half paying attention. :o

Minister of Truth
06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
My nephew worked at Cheyene MTN and they had a broom closet with a dead keypad on it labeled SGC for laughs for the tours.

Yeah, we still have ancient radar scopes, called the Q-93, hanging around. My guess is they will continue to show them to tourists. Coincidentally, we just had tourists from the nearest Civil Air Patrol squadron at my unit on Saturday!

blackascoal
06-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Because we're just dying to know aready!

It's in Roswell, NM

Fascinating place .. seriously.

At night the sky looks HUGE.

Once you've been there you can understand why it's so connected to outer space.

Battleborne
06-13-2008, 11:02 AM
It's in Roswell, NM

Fascinating place .. seriously.

At night the sky looks HUGE.

Once you've been there you can understand why it's so connected to outer space.

Roswell NM is the site of the original UFO crash site (1947)..Area 51 was established after this incident... it is located at Groom Lake...Nevada!
Roswell is a fun tourist trap...entertaining yes...but not Area 51...

www.cyberwest.com/cw09/v9adwst4.html

Minister of Truth
06-13-2008, 11:43 PM
How is it that UFO sitings never occurred until the middle of the 20th Century, when we were on our way into space?

Damocles
06-13-2008, 11:44 PM
How is it that UFO sitings never occurred until the middle of the 20th Century, when we were on our way into space?
Not true. Even some of Leonardo's paintings have UFOs in them, very much like some described today.

YouTube - UFO's in Ancient Art

Some are even found in cave paintings...

Some people believe that many scenes of the Bible, such as Elija's chariot of fire are UFOs....