PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton said

klaatu
09-25-2006, 07:14 AM
"That's what's driving the terrorism," he said. "It's not just that there's an unresolved Arab-Israeli conflict. Osama Bin Laden and Dr. al-Zawahiri can convince young Sunni Arab men, who have — and some women — who have despairing conditions in their lives, that they get a one-way ticket to heaven in a hurry if they kill a lot of innocent people who don't share their reality."

In a strange twisted way ..it rings familiar to what the pope said....:

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
The emperor, after having expressed himself so forcefully, goes on to explain in detail the reasons why spreading the faith through violence is something unreasonable. "

uscitizen
09-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Who cares what billy clowntood said ? He holds no political office, And is now in the same status as michael moore.

klaatu
09-25-2006, 07:24 AM
I care ...

uscitizen
09-25-2006, 07:28 AM
But people who care about what Moore says are fools ? ;)
But it is not foolish to care about what billy boy clowntoon says ?

klaatu
09-25-2006, 07:31 AM
USC ... Not everything is meant to be political ...

It seems you look at the poster and right away you take sides ... this post was meant as an obseravtion ...thats all ...

And Bill Clinton is not a non factor.... he is a major Political Figure, a former President who's wife is the number one candidate of her Party... and very much in the news.....

uscitizen
09-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Klaatu, I was not aware that Senator Clinton had announced her candidacy for president ?

Gaffer
09-25-2006, 08:20 AM
I didn't see the whole interview. But the one highlight I saw was where clinton said "they had 8 months to do something..." well he had 8 years.

I think he's pissed cause he's been peg as the president that did nothing.

uscitizen
09-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Do nothing or do the wrong thing and leave us in a war quagmire. which is worse ? It could not have been a result of the gridlocked congress now could it ? ;)
I think he did missle and bomb a bit though.

Gaffer
09-25-2006, 10:22 AM
congress is just as responsible for events as the president is.

clintons strategy was like standing way back and throwing rocks at a hornets nest. Throw enough rocks and you might hit it and then they just get stirred up. It doesn't remove the nest.

uscitizen
09-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Well bush has proved climbing into the hornets nest does not work too well either. Just makes more hornets pissed at ya.
I say both of them were wrong on their approach, but Bush's approach is getting more people stung.

uscitizen
09-25-2006, 12:55 PM
and Gaffer, I agree about congress, they suck. both the bushites and the wussy demoncrats.
Only a handful stood up and did not wuss out or follow their party blindly.

klaatu
09-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Klaatu, I was not aware that Senator Clinton had announced her candidacy for president ?

Are you serious with this response?

uscitizen
09-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Are you serious with this response?
Quite seroius. Has she announced her candidacy for president ?

Jarod
09-26-2006, 09:10 AM
"That's what's driving the terrorism," he said. "It's not just that there's an unresolved Arab-Israeli conflict. Osama Bin Laden and Dr. al-Zawahiri can convince young Sunni Arab men, who have — and some women — who have despairing conditions in their lives, that they get a one-way ticket to heaven in a hurry if they kill a lot of innocent people who don't share their reality."

In a strange twisted way ..it rings familiar to what the pope said....:

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
The emperor, after having expressed himself so forcefully, goes on to explain in detail the reasons why spreading the faith through violence is something unreasonable. "

The difference between what the Pope said and President Clinton said is clear to anyone who is not an idiot, that is what the Pope said was based on Religen and what the President said was based on what secular individuals are capable of!

Jarod
09-26-2006, 09:11 AM
They all said she was running last time also...

klaatu
09-28-2006, 06:51 AM
The difference between what the Pope said and President Clinton said is clear to anyone who is not an idiot, that is what the Pope said was based on Religen and what the President said was based on what secular individuals are capable of!

What! A) Before you respond to a post you should read what you are responding to. B) Your response is quite telling.., pretty much exposes you. C) I will advise you to reread the post.. and I will leave it at that....

lol

Jarod
09-28-2006, 07:10 AM
NO the difference AGAIN, is that what the Pope said smaks of prejudice against an entire religen of people... What the President said is what a couple of individuals are capable of!

You really are an idiot. AGAIN, if you have a problem with something I say.... Dont just name call, point out the issue!

Jarod
09-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Maybe you do not understand Muhammed is the prophet of Islam.... not OBL!
The actions of Muhammedatr Islam... much like the actions of Christ are Christianity!

klaatu
09-28-2006, 07:23 AM
NO the difference AGAIN, is that what the Pope said smaks of prejudice against an entire religen of people... What the President said is what a couple of individuals are capable of!

You really are an idiot. AGAIN, if you have a problem with something I say.... Dont just name call, point out the issue!

You call me an idiot and then you blame me for name calling?

I do have a problem with what you are saying, extreme Islam is what Osama and other leaders are feeding off of.. and it is not just a few people as you say ...and they are not secular ... they are as Bill Clinton says... selling a ticket to Heavan.

If you read the Popes speech he was not using prejudice.. he was using Islamic Scripture as a point of reference ... being critical of the extreme leadership for using violence as a recipe .. which is a recipe for tragedy. And look what resulted... a violent reaction. In essence.. the Pope was correct.

klaatu
09-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Maybe you do not understand Muhammed is the prophet of Islam.... not OBL!
The actions of Muhammedatr Islam... much like the actions of Christ are Christianity!

Oh ..really? :rolleyes:

Jarod
09-28-2006, 07:40 AM
I called you a name, but at least I explained why what you said was idiotic, instead of just comming on here and saying you are an idiot and not making a point!

Jarod
09-28-2006, 07:41 AM
I have no problem with the President calling out a small group of radical Muslams. I do have a problem with the Pope calling out the entire religen...if thats what he did!

Gaffer
09-28-2006, 07:52 AM
I have no problem with the President calling out a small group of radical Muslams. I do have a problem with the Pope calling out the entire religen...if thats what he did!

I'm not the pope but I call the entire muslim religion what it is, a religion of death and lies.

klaatu
09-28-2006, 08:20 AM
I'm not the pope but I call the entire muslim religion what it is, a religion of death and lies.

Lets not offend an entire group of people now ... including our resident devout agnostics ...
But then again ..replace the word Muslim with Christian and/or Jew and Im sure they will agree with you ... right Jarod/Alex?

Cypress
09-28-2006, 08:55 AM

Yeah, but you're a war mongering nutjob who thinks this is a War on Islam itself.

Few people take you seriously, when you go over the cliff like that.

Jarod
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
No I dont agree, there are some very good people who are Christians and who are Muslams.

I would not call much of Religen lies, I would call much of religen parables that some people take way too seriously... but not lies.

Gaffer
09-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Lets not offend an entire group of people now ... including our resident devout agnostics ...
But then again ..replace the word Muslim with Christian and/or Jew and Im sure they will agree with you ... right Jarod/Alex?

But I'm an athiest. I recognize a religion of death and lies over other religions. islam is the only one that teaches death and lies. None of the others do except for a few fringe groups that don't really belong in those catagories.

uscitizen
09-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Of course you are not an Atheist Gaffer, Only a religious person of an opposite faith would be likely to have a viewpoint such as yours on the muslims.
I am a functional Atheist. I do however support True Christians as they are good people and not haters. Jesus was not a hater, and one definition of christian is to be Christlike. He taught peachful ways and tolerance of differences. Now where I divide from Christians is that I don't believe he was the son of god. But he brought peaceful ways to turbulent and violent times.
the old testament now is an entirely different story.

Just my opinion though.