PDA

View Full Version : Ultra rich unsatisfied: study

evince
12-05-2018, 08:24 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-reason-many-ultra-rich-people-aren’t-satisfied-with-their-wealth/ar-BBQtVyr?ocid=spartandhp

evince
12-05-2018, 08:26 AM
when will people realize its not words to make poor people feel better about being poor

Money can buy THINGS

money cant buy happiness

Legion
12-05-2018, 08:29 AM
when will people realize its not words to make poor people feel better about being poor Money can buy THINGS money cant buy happiness

Are you going to donate your slum properties to the homeless?

Irish Exit
12-05-2018, 08:29 AM
Suicide bombers are often from wealthier families.

evince
12-05-2018, 08:31 AM

I don't have any

you gonna donate your tiny brain to science so they can figure out why poor people like you can be convinced to vote against their own interests all their lives?

evince
12-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Its a quick and interesting read

they make money to compete with the jones

it leaves them with unsatisfied lives

when you place things over people you empty the human soul

its too easy for the wealthy to get caught in that

it leaves them empty and feeling like life is shallow

wealth makes it harder to be happy when you reach a certain level of wealth

what fools

evince
12-05-2018, 08:37 AM

I don't have any

Althea
12-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Once you reach a certain level of wealth, the rest is just keeping score.

evince
12-05-2018, 08:40 AM
10-23-2013, 08:25 AM
#10 | Top

evince
Truthmatters

Thanks
Thanked 15,120 Times in 11,846 Posts
Groans
Groaned 9,509 Times in 8,874 Posts

Ive stood toe to toe with TWO drug dealers in my life.

They both got the fuck out and I still own both houses.

both were huge 6'3"ish 300 pounders.

one white and one was black.

Big guys think they can just get away anything sometimes.

I spit in the face of the black guy and sprayed the white guy with my hose.

Blew the fucking neighbors away with my actions.
Reply Reply With Quote

the post of mine you quoted is 5 years old

how did you now I didn't sell my vegas house in those years ?

oh and its a 4 bedroom 3bath over 2000 sq foot in a good neighborhood

so either way you are wrong

Legion
12-05-2018, 08:41 AM
I don't have any

Liar.

Donate your properties to the homeless, unless you are a hypocrite.

You are.

evince
12-05-2018, 08:45 AM

yeap once your life is secure enough to allow you to breath easy money can make you mistake what can make you truly happy

yes things can be nice and make you day to day life easier but they just wont fill your soul

this is why the 1 percent are often not the best Kind of people

they keep chasing that imaginary number that will prove they are worthy.

money will never make you worthy

It can make you secure but not worthy

only sociopaths don't understand that

so they become the ones still chasing the buck no matter how well they have done

evince
12-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Liar.

Donate your properties to the homeless, unless you are a hypocrite.

You are.

these types of posts show you are an unsatisfied human

your only joy is imagining the pain you believe you cause

No money and only imaginary pain of others as your wealth.

you are truly a pathetic excuse for a human being

I hope for your sake you are actually a russo bot hole

that would much less pathetic

Legion
12-05-2018, 08:48 AM
yeap once your life is secure enough to allow you to breath easy money can make you mistake what can make you truly happy yes things can be nice and make you day to day life easier but they just wont fill your soul this is why the 1 percent are often not the best Kind of people they keep chasing that imaginary number that will prove they are worthy. money will never make you worthy It can make you secure but not worthy only sociopaths don't understand that
so they become the ones still chasing the buck no matter how well they have done

Donate your houses to the homeless, hypocrite.

PoliTalker
12-05-2018, 08:49 AM
A great read.

Thanks for posting this, evince.

It only confirms to me why it is so wise to think of happiness not in terms of how much wealth one possesses, but in other more intangible terms.

"The research Norton has conducted illustrating this phenomenon is dispiriting. In a paper published earlier this year, he and his collaborators asked more than 2,000 people who have net worths of at least $1 million (including many whose wealth far exceeded that threshold) how happy they were on a scale of 1 to 10, and then how much more money they would need to get to 10. “All the way up the income-wealth spectrum,” Norton told me, “basically everyone says [they’d need] two or three times as much" to be perfectly happy."

It is SO foolish to tie your aspirations for happiness to wealth acquisition. Once you have enough wealth to have the basics covered, plus a little to play with? You are as happy as money can make you. Any further improvement in your happiness has to come from within, not from your bank account.

If bank accounts = happiness ,,, they would call them happiness accounts!

James Taylor got it right:

The Secret Of Life (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlAD-b7yew)

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.

People who are obsessed with wealth acquisition? They don't understand the simple secret of life.

You only get so many days to be alive.

What are you going to do with them?

Seems to me, once you've got wealth acquisition covered? There is no point in toiling any more unless what you are doing truly makes you happy. And if that happiness causes other people to be miserable? It is a VERY SHALLOW happiness. Not true happiness.

Wasting your days seeking more wealth than you really need? Totally foolish. I feel a bit sorry for super-wealthy people who do this. Life is too precious to be wasted amassing a needless number on a bank account balance.

And some people say they want to do it for their children. What? they are not capable of doing that on their own? You want to deprive them of the feeling of accomplishment of making it in this world? Makes no sense.

Ya gotta live your own life. Nobody else is going to do it for you, and you shouldn't try to do it for somebody else, either.

evince
12-05-2018, 08:49 AM

if you didn't drink non stop you could donate your organs

Legion
12-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Let me guess. Your net worth is just below your self-defined threshold.

Legion
12-05-2018, 08:51 AM
if you didn't drink non stop you could donate your organs

Legion
12-05-2018, 08:53 AM
It is SO foolish to tie your aspirations for happiness to wealth acquisition. Once you have enough wealth to have the basics covered, plus a little to play with? You are as happy as money can make you. Any further improvement in your happiness has to come from within, not from your bank account. If bank accounts = happiness ,,, they would call them happiness accounts! James Taylor got it right

James Taylor reportedly has a net worth of 60 million dollars.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/james-taylor-net-worth/

evince
12-05-2018, 08:57 AM
A great read.

Thanks for posting this, evince.

It only confirms to me why it is so wise to think of happiness not in terms of how much wealth one possesses, but in other more intangible terms.

It is SO foolish to tie your aspirations for happiness to wealth acquisition. Once you have enough wealth to have the basics covered, plus a little to play with? You are as happy as money can make you. Any further improvement in your happiness has to come from within, not from your bank account.

If bank accounts = happiness ,,, they would call them happiness accounts!

James Taylor got it right:

The Secret Of Life (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlAD-b7yew)

so true

as I always suggest to people who are upset with life is to go to some place where they can sit calmly and just try to enjoy being there.

sit and watch the birds fly by and the squirl climb the tree or sit and watch the water ripple and the trees sway.

as you do that remind your self that THIS is what real life is

It is NOT your woes ( they are passing and evolving)

the gift of reaching into your inner being and reminding your self that just being in the world is a gift

of all the molecules floating in space you found a collection of molecules to inhabit that allow you to walk the world

try to feel lucky to have ever taken a breath

evince
12-05-2018, 08:58 AM
James Taylor reportedly has a net worth of 60 million dollars.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/james-taylor-net-worth/

and a soul you will never be able to equal

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:01 AM
and a soul you will never be able to equal

So you say, hypocrite. Is one-percenter Taylor paying his fair share? Why does he keep working? Why doesn't he give $59 million to the poor?

evince
12-05-2018, 09:01 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_a_needle

The term "eye of a needle" is used as a metaphor for a very narrow opening. It occurs several times throughout the Talmud. The New Testament quotes Jesus as saying that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".

evince
12-05-2018, 09:02 AM
so why is it that those that claim to be the religious ones insist the best people in America are the ultra wealthy?

PoliTalker
12-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Music makes me happy.

Being with good people makes me happy.

You can't buy that.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.

It is so simple it amazes me it is so elusive to so many.

I do feel sorry for those who are obsessed with wealth acquisition far in excess of needs. Hey, if it comes to you easy, fine. Enjoy it. But to deny yourself happiness in pursuit of more, when you already have plenty? Totally foolish. As if you can buy more days on the planet to enjoy it.

No wonder so many conservatives are so hacked off about taxing.

They think they are losing the battle for happiness if some of their wealth is taxed away - even if they have way more than they ever need!

Fools.

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Unintentional irony:

Its a quick and interesting read they make money to compete with the jones it leaves them with unsatisfied lives when you place things over people you empty the human soul its too easy for the wealthy to get caught in that it leaves them empty and feeling like life is shallow wealth makes it harder to be happy when you reach a certain level of wealth what fools oh and its a 4 bedroom 3bath over 2000 sq foot in a good neighborhood

I still own both houses.

evince
12-05-2018, 09:05 AM
So you say, hypocrite. Is one-percenter Taylor paying his fair share? Why does he keep working? Why doesn't he give $59 million to the poor?

music?

you suggest he should stop making music?

wow you really are one horribly lost soul who only seeks to create pain in others

how deeply pathetic you are.

hell I even feel sorry for the human creature who was forced to write your russo bot hole program

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:07 AM
I do feel sorry for those who are obsessed with wealth acquisition. No wonder so many conservatives are so hacked off about taxing. They think they are losing the battle for happiness if some of their wealth is taxed away - even if they have way more than they ever need! Fools.

Post the proof that you pay the US Treasury more than you have to.

I'll understand if you can't, of course.

Liberals seem to think it's only rich conservatives who are greedy, tight-fisted and miserable, yet they don't seem to have any evidence to back up their smug assumptions.

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:08 AM
you suggest he should stop making music?

No, Desh, I asked why he keeps on working.

Are his concerts free?

Does he perform gratis?

evince
12-05-2018, 09:14 AM
No, Desh, I asked why he keeps on working.

Are his concerts free?

Does he perform gratis?

you don't have morals so why do you pretend to be an expert on morality

evince
12-05-2018, 09:15 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-reason-many-ultra-rich-people-aren’t-satisfied-with-their-wealth/ar-BBQtVyr?ocid=spartandhp

"The research Norton has conducted illustrating this phenomenon is dispiriting. In a paper published earlier this year, he and his collaborators asked more than 2,000 people who have net worths of at least $1 million (including many whose wealth far exceeded that threshold) how happy they were on a scale of 1 to 10, and then how much more money they would need to get to 10. “All the way up the income-wealth spectrum,” Norton told me, “basically everyone says [they’d need] two or three times as much" to be perfectly happy."

evince
12-05-2018, 09:15 AM

what fools

when will people realize its not words to make poor people feel better about being poor

Money can buy THINGS

money cant buy happiness

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Unlike the study Desh claims to have seen that supposedly proved that "Republicans are way more racist than Black people", this study actually exists:

..."counties with a higher proportion of people voting Republican report higher charitable contributions, and tax burden partially mediates this relationship. However, the effect of political ideology on charitable contributions is nonlinear. As the proportion voting Republican in non-Republican-dominated counties increases, the predicted levels of charitable giving actually decreases. In contrast, as the proportion voting Republican increases in Republican-dominated counties, charitable contributions increase."

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0899764018804088

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:18 AM
you don't have morals so why do you pretend to be an expert on morality

Can't answer my questions, can you, Desh?

Why does a man with a reported net worth of $60 million keep charging for his performances?

Doesn't he know that...

yeap once your life is secure enough to allow you to breath easy money can make you mistake what can make you truly happy yes things can be nice and make you day to day life easier but they just wont fill your soul this is why the 1 percent are often not the best Kind of people they keep chasing that imaginary number that will prove they are worthy. money will never make you worthy It can make you secure but not worthy only sociopaths don't understand that

Are you saying that James Taylor is a mega-rich sociopath, Desh?

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:28 AM
https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/960x0/https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fdanalexander%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F 11%2FBill-and-Hillary-Clinton-Earnings-graphic.jpg

Since Bill and Hillary Clinton left the White House in 2001, they have turned political fame into a personal fortune, raking in more than $240 million, according to analysis of 15 years of their tax returns.

Bill made most of the money, earning $189 million by writing books, giving speeches, consulting private companies and advising billionaire Ron Burkle.

Days after his presidency ended, he earned $125,000 for a speech at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. in New York, according to a financial disclosure form Hillary filed as a senator in 2002.

It was the first of hundreds of paid speeches that collectively made him an estimated $106 million over 15 years.

In 2004 he published his bestselling memoir My Life, one of the former president’s four titles. Clinton earned an estimated $38 million as an author from 2001 to 2015.

In addition to the high-profile books and speaking gigs, he quietly earned several million dollars offering consulting to private companies. He made $15 million advising billionaire Ron Burkle’s investment firm Yucaipa and another $24 million consulting for-profit education companies Laureate Education and GMS Education.

Although Hillary’s earnings lagged during her years in the Senate (2001-09) and President Obama’s cabinet (2009-13), she quickly made up for lost time after leaving public office.

She earned $9 million in speaking fees in both 2013 and 2014.

In 2007, as Hillary was gearing up for a presidential race, she earned only $123,000 as an author and nothing as a speaker. But in 2015, she made $1 million from speaking and $3 million from writing. Her book Hard Choices was released in June 2014, perfect timing for the election season. Its publisher, Simon & Schuster, paid her $12 million from 2013 to 2015.

In 2007, the year Hillary fought Barack Obama for the DEMOCRAT nomination, Bill was traveling to places like Norway, Korea and Germany, earning $9 million from speaking engagements. In 2015, he was far more grounded, earning roughly half as much as a speaker.

Bill Clinton wound down two of his most valuable consulting gigs as his wife fought for the presidency a second time. His earnings from Laureate Education dropped from $4.3 million in 2014 to $1.1 million in 2015 as he stepped down from his role as honorary chancellor of the for-profit university. His earnings from GEMS Education fell from $2.1 million in 2014 to $562,500 in 2015.

With both Clintons on the campaign trail, the power couple earned $11 million in 2015, their lowest total since 2009. Even still, their combined earnings were higher the total compensation packages of some of America’s highest-profile business executives, including Apple CEO Tim Cook.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oracle/2018/11/30/communications-providers-offer-lesson-in-how-to-embrace-digital-disruption/#1be8e26452a4

evince
12-05-2018, 09:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srwxJUXPHvE

Phantasmal
12-05-2018, 09:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srwxJUXPHvE
Don’t tell Trump!

PoliTalker
12-05-2018, 09:32 AM
I love my life.

Life is so good for me!

Maybe it is easier because I gave up on the idea of a God a long time ago. Being free form religious pressure really does ease up on a lot of stress. One of the most important things in being happy is avoiding stress, I think. That's one of the reasons I don't put up with or enable online abuse. It just turns into unneeded stress. And stress detracts from happiness.

To enjoy your life, you need to enjoy your days.

Are you going to have a good day today?

I am, if I have anything to do with it.

And I usually do!

Life is good. I love my life.

You can love yours too.

Try reducing stress and try to move toward having your days full of what you like to do, whatever makes you happy!

Enjoy the passage of time.

Like James Taylor sang.

Phantasmal
12-05-2018, 09:33 AM
I love my life.

Life is so good for me!

Maybe it is easier because I gave up on the idea of a God a long time ago. Being free form religious pressure really does ease up on a lot of stress. One of the most important things in being happy is avoiding stress, I think. That's one of the reasons I don't put up with or enable online abuse. It just turns into unneeded stress. And stress detracts from happiness.

To enjoy your life, you need to enjoy your days.

Are you going to have a good day today?

I am, if I have anything to do with it.

And I usually do!

Life is good. I love my life.

You can love yours too.

Try reducing stress and try to move toward having your days full of what you like to do, whatever makes you happy!

Enjoy the passage of time.

Like James Taylor sang.
Absolutely agree!

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Don’t tell Trump!

Money buys sex, which is what most men seem to want.

"Love" is a silly concept, IMO.

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Poor Desh thinks the Beatles weren't rich.

Paul McCartney's net worth is estimated at $1.2 billion.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2018/06/16/paul-mccartney-net-worth-his-fortune-at-age-76/23460627/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugZwAJIKXAQ

PoliTalker
12-05-2018, 09:40 AM
I am not ultra rich.

But I AM ultra happy!

Isn't the point of getting money so you can be comfortable and thus enable you to be happy?

Well, once you're happy, why do you need any more money?

Especially if it is going to cause more stress to get more money.

That makes zero sense.

Actually, it's a lot of stress to have a lot of money because they you have to worry about it. When you're really rich, how do you know if people are hanging out with you because they like you or if they want to be around money? If you're not ultra rich, you don't have that problem.

evince
12-05-2018, 09:41 AM

a sociopathic outlook on life

you peer in to your cold dark heart and imagine all hearts are as cold and dark as your own

the reality is they are NOT like your heart

YOU ARE A CRIPPLE

your brain has faulty wiring

Love is real and its not just sex

You are just too broken to experience it

Its not your fault

you were just born broken

that is why we don't let people like you run things

you are incapable of functioning as a full human being

pain you can feel

sadness you can feel

Love you can not feel

so you don't seek to share LOVE with others

you instead seek to inspire pain in people

you seek to inspire sadness in people

you are too pathetic to understand the real world

accept your disability

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:49 AM
I am not ultra rich.

I wonder if 99% of the world's population would share that smug assessment.

But I AM ultra happy!

So you say. I suspect you are lying.

Isn't the point of getting money so you can be comfortable and thus enable you to be happy? Well, once your happy, why do you need any more money? Especially if it is going to cause more stress to get more money. That makes zero sense.

Have you asked James Taylor those questions?

Actually, it's a lot of stress to have a lot of money because they you have to worry about it.

How would you know?

Legion
12-05-2018, 09:51 AM
a sociopathic outlook on life you peer in to your cold dark heart and imagine all hearts are as cold and dark as your own the reality is they are NOT like your heart YOU ARE A CRIPPLE your brain has faulty wiring Love is real and its not just sex You are just too broken to experience it Its not your fault you were just born broken that is why we don't let people like you run things you are incapable of functioning as a full human being pain you can feel sadness you can feel Love you can not feel so you don't seek to share LOVE with others you instead seek to inspire pain in people you seek to inspire sadness in people you are too pathetic to understand the real world accept your disability

Unintentionally ironic word salad.

evince
12-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Unintentionally ironic word salad.

man I hope you are a russo bot hole

otherwise you are one pathetic excuse for a human

Legion
12-05-2018, 10:11 AM
man I hope you are a russo bot hole otherwise you are one pathetic excuse for a human

Poor Desh. Your thread isn't working out for your POV very well in light of the facts, is it?

PoliTalker
12-05-2018, 10:13 AM
This explains the obsession with more more more:

Another expert I consulted, Brooke Harrington, a professor at the Copenhagen Business School who has studied and written about the financial practices of the super-wealthy, says that the question many rich people ask themselves about their money is not Do I have enough to buy this expensive thing I want? but rather Do I have as much or more than these people I’m comparing myself to?

Hint: It ain't about happiness. It is greed, personified!

PoliTalker
12-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Just like the golf score,

It's all about a NUMBER!

Shteyngart also witnessed the hedge-funders making the sort of social comparisons that Norton and Harrington described, treating money as a “scorecard.” He remembers one of them saying something along the lines of, “We don't have bestseller lists and book awards. What we have is this—the number at the end of the day.”

Sad.

The 'happiness' number.

As if such a thing could exist.

Fools.

evince
12-05-2018, 10:17 AM
This explains the obsession with more more more:

Hint: It ain't about happiness. It is greed, personified!

or fear of being inferior

If you cant have friends who have more money or less money than you and still think of them as your equal you have a problem

PoliTalker
12-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Wow.

Sad to even immerse oneself into that mindset:

The whole experience did not leave Shteyngart feeling good. Here were people who could purchase anything they could ever want and whose wealth was widely envied, and even they weren’t content—just as these researchers studying happiness and wealth might have predicted. “At the end of the day,” Shteyngart told me, “I was just happy to end this research, because it was quite depressing.”

PoliTalker
12-05-2018, 10:18 AM
or fear of being inferior

If you cant have friends who have more money or less money than you and still think of them as your equal you have a problem

That is just SO shallow.

And to think that they are like Trump, choosing to spend time with their career instead of family and friends.

SAD!

Legion
12-05-2018, 10:37 AM
This explains the obsession with more more more: Hint: It ain't about happiness. It is greed, personified!

Teachers demanding higher salaries and generous benefits isn't greed, though, right, hypocrite?

Legion
12-05-2018, 10:38 AM

How would you know?

Prove you have friends.

I'll understand if you can't.

Legion
12-05-2018, 10:39 AM
That is just SO shallow. And to think that they are like Trump, choosing to spend time with their career instead of family and friends. SAD!

Like doctors and nurses, hypocrite?

evince
12-05-2018, 10:40 AM
the hole is deep and dark

it must be terrifying for you

accept your disability

Legion
12-05-2018, 10:43 AM
When it comes to the global income distribution, we are the 1%.

The bottom 10% of the U.S. income distribution falls in the upper 30% of the global income distribution.

With more than a billion people around the world now living on less than $1 per day, even poor Americans are living in better conditions than many of the global poor.

https://mic.com/articles/2636/compared-to-the-rest-of-the-world-americans-are-all-the-1#.xf1aS2pdV

Legion
12-05-2018, 10:44 AM
the hole is deep and dark

There's no reason to bring your genitals into this discussion.

evince
12-05-2018, 11:30 AM
how much of the Bush family money would they give right now to have Poppy back?

how sad that you will never know real love

Legion
12-05-2018, 11:48 AM
how much of the Bush family money would they give right now to have Poopy back? how sad that you will never know real love

Fentoine Lum
12-05-2018, 11:50 AM

Money can buy THINGS

money cant buy happiness

In american society? Never.

Fentoine Lum
12-05-2018, 11:52 AM

I say we all just sit back and watch capitalism do itself in as homelessness spreads and mass migrations become more commonplace.

Legion
12-05-2018, 12:16 PM
I say we all just sit back and watch capitalism do itself in as homelessness spreads and mass migrations become more commonplace.

Sitting back and watching is all you're capable of doing in any case, isn't it?

Fentoine Lum
12-05-2018, 12:17 PM

Well there's posting, like you do.

evince
12-05-2018, 12:20 PM

I say we do what the founders planned

Well fettered capitalism

Adolf_Twitler
12-05-2018, 12:21 PM
I'm sure some people are very concerned!

Yes, Donald Trump is starting to ask, "Do they have solid gold shitpots in Heaven- in jail even"?

Blahahaha!

evince
12-05-2018, 12:32 PM
at least he will match in an orange jump suit

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:19 PM

You don't think you post?

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:20 PM
at least he will match in an orange jump suit

Judging people by the color of their skin is what I'd expect from you.

I spit in the face of the black guy.

evince

what fools

Legion
I'm sure some people are very concerned!

Like who?

Fentoine Lum

Well fettered capitalism

Bailed out with socialism when it tanks itself.

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:22 PM
Its a quick and interesting read they make money to compete with the jones it leaves them with unsatisfied lives when you place things over people you empty the human soul its too easy for the wealthy to get caught in that
it leaves them empty and feeling like life is shallow wealth makes it harder to be happy when you reach a certain level of wealth

Have you told James Taylor and Paul McCartney what unsatisfied, soulless fools they are?

Fentoine Lum
You don't think you post?

See if you can put it together yourself this time son.

Fentoine Lum
Have you told James Taylor and Paul McCartney what unsatisfied, soulless fools they are?

Or did she.

evince
12-05-2018, 01:23 PM

they created a hybrid

It changed the world

it never would have worked if they had not included capitalism

Legion

Fun fact: Desh is s slumlord who exploits minorities.

Legion
it never would have worked if they had not included capitalism

Who told you that?

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:24 PM
Or did she.

I asked her. You seem confused.

Fentoine Lum
Fun fact: Desh is s slumlord who exploits minorities.

Yaba daba doo.

evince

why are they fools in your mind?

Fentoine Lum
12-05-2018, 01:25 PM
I asked her. You seem confused.

Did you?

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:25 PM
I say we do what the founders planned Well fettered capitalism

Which "founders" planned that?

LINK

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Did you?

I did. Try to focus.

evince
12-05-2018, 01:26 PM

a person who doesn't believe in love is a sociopath

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:27 PM
why are they fools in your mind?

I don't recall expressing such an opinion.

James Taylor is worth a reported $60 million, McCartney is a billionaire. They still want more, evidently.

Are they exempt form your facile blanket condemnation?

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:28 PM
a person who doesn't believe in love is a sociopath

So you say.

LINK

evince
12-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Most people are not sociopaths

some wealthy people are not sociopaths

evince
12-05-2018, 01:29 PM

those that don't believe that love is real are the ones who cant love

Sociopaths

Legion
those that don't believe that love is real are the ones who cant love Sociopaths

So you say.

LINK

Legion
some wealthy people are not sociopaths

Name them.

evince
12-05-2018, 01:30 PM
why?

evince
12-05-2018, 01:33 PM
legions family didn't love each other and or legion could not perceive the love they showed him.

unformed brain wiring that most humans formed

a sociopath

Adolf_Twitler
12-05-2018, 01:33 PM

Funny!

Wasn't it Paul McCartney that said, "Will you walk away from a fool and his money"?

Wasn't it James Taylor that said, "Time will take your money, but money won't buy time"?

evince
12-05-2018, 01:34 PM

a sad and lonely existence

how pathetic

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:40 PM
legions family didn't love each other and or legion could not perceive the love they showed him.

Who told you that?

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:40 PM
a sad and lonely existence how pathetic

Quit whining. I don't feel any pity for you at all.

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Funny! Wasn't it Paul McCartney that said, "Will you walk away from a fool and his money"? Wasn't it James Taylor that said, "Time will take your money, but money won't buy time"?

Yet one is a multimillionaire and the other is a billionaire. Both continue to charge people for their services. Seems like they didn't agree with Desh.

evince
12-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Quit whining. I don't feel any pity for you at all.

yes we know you don't feel pity for anyone

you are a sociopath

you are broken

Its why life doesn't make sense to you

evince
12-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Yet one is a multimillionaire and the other is a billionaire. Both continue to charge people for their services. Seems like they didn't agree with Desh.

why do you see making money as evil

No one said that here mr broken brain

evince
12-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Do they pay their employees well?

do they bring people joy?

do they claim love is not real and is a silly concept?

No

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:47 PM
yes we know you don't feel pity for anyone

Who's "we", Desh?

BTW, I don't recall saying that I feel no pity for anyone. Just you.

you are a sociopath you are broken Its why life doesn't make sense to you

So you say.

LINK

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:48 PM
why do you see making money as evil

I said nothing of the sort.

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Do they pay their employees well? do they bring people joy? do they claim love is not real and is a silly concept? No

Irrelevant. They have enough personal wealth to live comfortably and still seek more.

According to the premise of your thread, what does that mean?

evince
12-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Irrelevant. They have enough personal wealth to live comfortably and still seek more.

According to the premise of your thread, what does that mean?

sociopaths also lie

making money is not evil

the study did not find that

It found that money and mindlessly seeking more money makes most of them unsatisfied

Legion
12-05-2018, 01:57 PM
sociopaths also lie making money is not evil the study did not find that It found that money and mindlessly seeking more money makes most of them unsatisfied

Most of them?

Cite the survey sample size.

LINK

Since Taylor and McCartney are both very rich and still seek more wealth, are they unsatified?

evince
12-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Most of them?

Cite the survey sample size.

LINK

Since Taylor and McCartney are both very rich and still seek more wealth, are they unsatified?

you lying about the studies findings wont save you

Legion
12-05-2018, 02:00 PM
you lying about the studies findings wont save you

Cite the findings.

LINK

evince
12-05-2018, 02:01 PM

what fools

post six

evince
12-05-2018, 02:01 PM

the link to the study

evince
12-05-2018, 02:04 PM
The research Norton has conducted illustrating this phenomenon is dispiriting. In a paper published earlier this year, he and his collaborators asked more than 2,000 people who have net worths of at least $1 million (including many whose wealth far exceeded that threshold) how happy they were on a scale of 1 to 10, and then how much more money they would need to get to 10. “All the way up the income-wealth spectrum,” Norton told me, “basically everyone says [they’d need] two or three times as much" to be perfectly happy.

Legion
12-05-2018, 02:09 PM
the link to the study

BS.

This is the study.

Two samples of more than 4,000 millionaires reveal two primary findings. First, only at high levels of wealth—in excess of $8 million (Study 1) and $10 million (Study 2)—are wealthier millionaires happier than millionaires with lower levels of wealth, though these differences are modest in magnitude. Second, controlling for total wealth, millionaires who have earned their wealth are moderately happier than those who inherited it. Taken together, these results suggest that, among millionaires, wealth may be likely to pay off in greater happiness only at very high levels of wealth, and when that wealth was earned rather than inherited.

https://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Pages/item.aspx?num=53540

Funny, it doesn't say what you think it does, does, it?

Legion
12-05-2018, 02:12 PM
The research Norton has conducted illustrating this phenomenon is dispiriting. In a paper published earlier this year, he and his collaborators asked more than 2,000 people who have net worths of at least $1 million (including many whose wealth far exceeded that threshold) how happy they were on a scale of 1 to 10, and then how much more money they would need to get to 10. “All the way up the income-wealth spectrum,” Norton told me, “basically everyone says [they’d need] two or three times as much" to be perfectly happy.

"While the sample sizes of our study are relatively large for this population – millionaires – we cannot be certain that they are representative of millionaires in general."

https://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/donnelly%20zheng%20haisley%20norton_26bec744-c924-4a28-8439-5a74abe9c8da.pdf

Adolf_Twitler
12-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Let me just say that if you have your health- you are rich already!

Now just think how many people we can make rich with a National Healthcare System!

Did you see where I went with that! LOL!

Legion
12-05-2018, 02:13 PM
the link to the study

No, it isn't.

Where's the link to the study that you claimed shows that Republicans are way more racist than Black people?

Legion
12-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Now just think how many people we can make rich with a National Healthcare System!

Feel free to pay for someone else's healthcare right now with your own money. Nothing is stopping you.

Lightbringer
12-05-2018, 02:36 PM

Money can buy THINGS

money cant buy happiness

And when will people like you realize that when it comes to big money it has to be spent correctly? Do you know how to do that?

evince
12-05-2018, 02:52 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_a_needle

The term "eye of a needle" is used as a metaphor for a very narrow opening. It occurs several times throughout the Talmud. The New Testament quotes Jesus as saying that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".

was Jesus wrong?

evince
12-05-2018, 02:53 PM
And when will people like you realize that when it comes to big money it has to be spent correctly? Do you know how to do that?

helping people is not buying them

Lightbringer
12-05-2018, 02:54 PM
helping people is not buying them

I didn't say it was.

With power comes responsibility.

evince
12-05-2018, 02:57 PM
I didn't say it was.

With power comes responsibility.

with all power comes responsibility

money is power

Legion
12-05-2018, 03:53 PM
with all power comes responsibility money is power

Donate your property to the homeless, hypocrite.

anonymoose
12-05-2018, 04:11 PM

what fools

I actually agree with you. Hmm, maybe I should get tested.

evince
12-05-2018, 04:14 PM

yes

have them see if you actually have a heart

Adolf_Twitler
12-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Feel free to pay for someone else's healthcare right now with your own money. Nothing is stopping you.

Get a sense of humor and S T F U!

Legion
12-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Get a sense of humor and S T F U!

So you have no desire to pay for other people's healthcare yourself, just as I suspected.

christiefan915
12-05-2018, 08:10 PM

Get a kitten. Your frozen, shriveled heart will thaw. :D

Legion
12-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Get a kitten. Your frozen, shriveled heart will thaw.

I'm not the one pretending that rich people are miserable assholes and condemning them (selectively). That would be your soul-mate Desh. :D

Flash
12-05-2018, 09:55 PM

The study says the very wealthy are happier than those with lower levels of wealth:

"Taken together, these results suggest that, among millionaires, wealth may be likely to pay off in greater happiness only at very high levels of wealth, and when that wealth was earned rather than inherited."

PoliTalker
12-06-2018, 07:48 AM
Hello evince,

Well fettered capitalism

The Constitution does not say we will be a capitalist nation.

Our economic system has been left for us to work out as the times evolve.

It has become rather apparent that we need a combination of capitalism and socialism.

evince
12-06-2018, 07:52 AM
and that is what the founders planned

evince
12-06-2018, 07:54 AM
the post office was written right into the constitution by the founders

they didn't even insist it pay for its self (that's new)
it is s socialist program

and yes the founders liked capitalism

evince
12-06-2018, 07:55 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_Clause

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and post Roads".[1]

The Postal Clause was added to the Constitution to facilitate interstate communication as well as to create a source of revenue for the early United States.[2][3] There were some early disagreements as to the boundaries of the Postal Power. John Jay, in a letter to George Washington, opined that the postal service should not be burdened with the responsibility for handling newspaper delivery, and also suggested that the Post Office be placed under the supervision of the executive branch (a suggestion which later led to the creation of the Post Office Department).[4] Thomas Jefferson feared that the postal service would become a source of patronage and a waste of money. Jefferson also expressed doubt at granting Congress the power to designate post roads, as he considered road building to be a state responsibility.[5]

PoliTalker
12-06-2018, 07:55 AM
Hello evince,

Too funny. So one of them will be perfectly happy if he has as much as another. But the other has to have 2-3 times that much. Tail-chasing fools.

PoliTalker
12-06-2018, 08:01 AM
Hello A-Moose,

LOL!

What good is money if you don't use it to buy lots of things? Houses, yachts, planes, investments, elite memberships.

But then you have to worry about all the things you have. Is everything being taken care of properly? Whoops! Now, all of a sudden you got a lotta stress.

The individual with far less, but still plenty to have the needs covered is not so burdened, freed up to be happier and enjoy the simpler things in life.

Legion
12-06-2018, 08:56 AM
The study says the very wealthy are happier than those with lower levels of wealth:

"Taken together, these results suggest that, among millionaires, wealth may be likely to pay off in greater happiness only at very high levels of wealth, and when that wealth was earned rather than inherited."

Desh never read that far, it seems.

Flash
12-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Desh never read that far, it seems.

It was not in the article but the study itself. Articles summarizing studies often generalize with headlines to attract attention and leave out important parts of the study.

In another thread the article claimed a study found conservative men are more insecure in their masculinity than liberal men. But, when you read the actual study, it was an internet poll (not representative) which was based on Google searches. It found conservative men were more likely (to say) they would do a search for terms like erectile dysfunction. They concluded that meant the men were more insecure.

It could also mean 1) conservative men were more honest in admitting that they would search for that term 2) liberal men don't care if they have erectile dysfunction (which says something about their masculinity) or 3) conservative men were older and more likely to experience the problem.

Cypress
12-06-2018, 05:04 PM

Money can buy THINGS

money cant buy happiness
Everybody wants enough money to be reasonably secure and comfortable.
Only degenerate sociopaths want gold plated toilets.
In my opinion, after one achieves a reasonable amount of financial security, true happiness is derived from self-improvement, self-enlightenment, spiritual growth, and service to family, friends, and community.
https://i.imgur.com/UJgqnps.jpg?1

christiefan915
12-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Everybody wants enough money to be reasonably secure and comfortable.
Only degenerate sociopaths want gold plated toilets.
In my opinion, after one achieves a reasonable amount of financial security, true happiness is derived from self-improvement, self-enlightenment, spiritual growth, and service to family, friends, and community.

How could anybody be comfortable in all that impersonal gilded splendor? There's nothing the least bit "homey" about it.

Legion
12-07-2018, 11:02 AM
How could anybody be comfortable in all that impersonal gilded splendor? There's nothing the least bit "homey" about it.

Not your choice to make.

Cypress
12-07-2018, 02:41 PM

I don't get it.

It is beyond garish and tasteless.

It says a lot about Trump, his character, and his taste, that he has an affinity for the gaudy, the lurid, and the grotesquely ostentatious.

Phantasmal
12-07-2018, 04:10 PM
I don't get it.

It is beyond garish and tasteless.

It says a lot about Trump, his character, and his taste, that he has an affinity for the gaudy, the lurid, and the grotesquely ostentatious.
Those pictures make me laugh, no wonder the blue bloods ignore him, though he desperately wants them to include him.

Legion
12-07-2018, 04:18 PM
Those pictures make me laugh, no wonder the blue bloods ignore him, though he desperately wants them to include him.

We don't have "blue bloods" in America, imbecile.

Cite your evidence that "he desperately wants them to include him."