PDA

View Full Version : WHy do conservatives insist on subjective morality being laws?

Jarod
09-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Stem Cell Research
Abortion
Same Sex Marriage
Homosexuality
Religen on money
Religen in the pledge

I am sure I can think of much more!

Immanuel
09-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Dumb question. There are very few laws, if any, that are not based upon someone's idea of morality.

Immie

uscitizen
09-21-2006, 07:11 AM
For the same reason that liberals do. They think they are right, therefore everyone else should do as they do.
Same with religions and different sects of the same religion.
Of course some ie capitalists do it for profit ;)

AnyOldIron
09-21-2006, 08:08 AM
All legislation is based on subjective morality...

TRGLDTE
09-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Stem Cell Research
Abortion
Same Sex Marriage
Homosexuality
Religen on money
Religen in the pledge

Why do liberals restrict my freedom of speech (hate speech - makes someone feeeeel bad), why do they want to rob the dead (estate taxes), tax alchol, cigarettes, how much heat I use (Gore's BTU tax)?

For every Tit, there is a Tat.

TRGLDTE
09-21-2006, 08:28 AM
All legislation is based on subjective morality... Completely and succinctly said.

AnyOldIron
09-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Completely and succinctly said.

Muchos gracias

Jarod
09-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Dumb question. There are very few laws, if any, that are not based upon someone's idea of morality.

Immie

I agree, guess you missed my sarcasm!

Damocles
09-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Somebody didn't read that other thread that specifically stated that Conservatives do that too, but were directly open about it. Somebody missed the sarcasm in the original thread.

Cypress
09-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Somebody didn't read that other thread that specifically stated that Conservatives do that too, but were directly open about it. Somebody missed the sarcasm in the original thread.

LOL
I know, that was hilarious wasn't it? Cons allegedly admitting that their moral code is "Subjective" LOL

I've never met a true redblooded Con who didn't see the world in black and white, claim that there is only true right versus true wrong, there is no middle ground, and there is no gray areas (subjectivity)

Immanuel
09-21-2006, 11:04 AM
I agree, guess you missed my sarcasm!

No I didn't.

Just playing along.

Immie

Jarod
09-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Ohhh, good, I was afraid I was loosing my touch!

Immanuel
09-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Ohhh, good, I was afraid I was loosing my touch!

Nah!

The sarcasm was very evident in your post. At least to anyone who had seen Grind's thread.

Immie

BRUTALITOPS
09-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Stem Cell Research
Abortion
Same Sex Marriage
Homosexuality
Religen on money
Religen in the pledge

Because you allow the system to exist with your feel-good, pussy-attitude of stealing money from people to give to homeless guys with downs syndrome.

BRUTALITOPS
09-23-2006, 02:11 PM
LOL
I know, that was hilarious wasn't it? Cons allegedly admitting that their moral code is "Subjective" LOL

I've never met a true redblooded Con who didn't see the world in black and white, claim that there is only true right versus true wrong, there is no middle ground, and there is no gray areas (subjectivity)

which is why it's ironic that you made that statement, as you always divide people on here as either valiant defenders of america or lock-step bush lovers.