PDA

View Full Version : Once again, archaeology confirms Scripture.

Grugore
11-30-2018, 12:42 PM
For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true. Guess again.
https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-ring-of-roman-governor-pontius-pilate-who-executed-jesus-found-in-herodion-site-1.6699353?fbclid=IwAR1ZDVnwKQG6XLGB49AI-DBwbvtE5Q9SQ4Xygx1L9U2f5NyGRhQQN4Xx-lk

Frank Apisa
11-30-2018, 12:48 PM
For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true. Guess again.
https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-ring-of-roman-governor-pontius-pilate-who-executed-jesus-found-in-herodion-site-1.6699353?fbclid=IwAR1ZDVnwKQG6XLGB49AI-DBwbvtE5Q9SQ4Xygx1L9U2f5NyGRhQQN4Xx-lk

Do you make this shit up on your own...or do you have help from someone even nuttier?

I have never heard any atheist claim that Pontius Pilate never existed....let alone atheists as a whole.

Where do you get this shit from?

jimmymccready
11-30-2018, 01:32 PM
I have heard a few, only a few, atheists deny Pilate lived.

Grugore is having fun with you, nothing more.

Bourdeaux Nights
11-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Do you make this shit up on your own...or do you have help from someone even nuttier?

I have never heard any atheist claim that Pontius Pilate never existed....let alone atheists as a whole.

I assume you get stuff like that, when you snuff drugs, using rolled up pages of the Bible as straws. Talk about higher then Heaven.

11-30-2018, 04:42 PM
Sadder than sad, Stone...Go to the nice forum....

Cypress
11-30-2018, 05:00 PM

I will make this simple for you.

No atheist I know, has ever been heard to say Pointius Pilate never existed.

Archeological evidence confirming a man name Pointius Pilate was Prefect of Judea has been known about for many decades.

The fact you were unaware of that is on you.

The question has never been about whether Pointius Pilate, Jesus, Paul the Apostle, or John the Apostle were historical figures. They undoubtedly were.

The question is whether Jesus was a Jewish teacher and a political radical, or whether he was deity, rose from the dead, and ascended to a heavenly realm in the clouds.

Grugore
12-01-2018, 08:24 AM
I will make this simple for you.

No atheist I know, has ever been heard to say Pointius Pilate never existed.

Archeological evidence confirming a man name Pointius Pilate was Prefect of Judea has been known about for many decades.

The fact you were unaware of that is on you.

The question has never been about whether Pointius Pilate, Jesus, Paul the Apostle, or John the Apostle were historical figures. They undoubtedly were.

The question is whether Jesus was a Jewish teacher and a political radical, or whether he was deity, rose from the dead, and ascended to a heavenly realm in the clouds.

Until recently, there has been no evidence other than Scripture that Pilate was real. There are no other historical records of him. The engraved stone, the ring and Scripture are the only evidence. If you disagree, then present this other evidence you mentioned.

kudzu
12-01-2018, 08:27 AM

That's not true.. Why do you kick off your thread with a lie?

iolo
12-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Pontius Pilate, like Jesus of Nazareth and George Washington, are clearly historical figures. Do any other than American people try to rub out such persons?

Frank Apisa
12-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Until recently, there has been no evidence other than Scripture that Pilate was real. There are no other historical records of him. The engraved stone, the ring and Scripture are the only evidence. If you disagree, then present this other evidence you mentioned.

Same thing Kudzu asks:

Your opening comment, "For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true"...IS NOT TRUE.

Why do you kick off your thread with a lie?

Test it: Name four atheists who have asserted, "Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true." (Give links so we can check.)

Cypress
12-01-2018, 09:02 AM

Wrong.

I knew long before you posted this that the archeological record many decades ago established there was a Roman prefect of Judea named Pontius Pilate, undoubtedly the one mentioned in the bible.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/historical-notes-pontius-pilate-a-name-set-in-stone-1084786.html

The fact you were not aware of this speaks only to your ignorance.

That fact that you falsely claimed atheists have been running around saying the Pontius Pilate is a fictitious myth, speaks to your abject dishonesty.

evince
12-01-2018, 09:06 AM
someone has been preaching hate of non Christians to this brain dead OP

Grugore
12-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Wrong.

I knew long before you posted this that the archeological record many decades ago established there was a Roman prefect of Judea named Pontius Pilate, undoubtedly the one mentioned in the bible.

The fact you were not aware of this speaks only to your ignorance.

That fact that you falsely claimed atheists have been running around saying the Pontius Pilate is a fictitious myth, speaks to your abject dishonesty.

So where is your evidence? I asked for evidence. Let's see it.

kudzu
12-01-2018, 09:17 AM

The problem is your lack of education. Why don't you do better? Make some effort?

Pontios Pilatos) was the fifth prefect of the Roman province of Judaea, serving under Emperor Tiberius from AD 26/27 to 36/37.

Cypress
12-01-2018, 10:10 AM
I edited my link to an article about the archeological discovery in 1961 providing hard physical evidence of Pontius Pillate.

It is not my job to educate you, or drag you by the nose to the truth.

All I can say is that you need to wipe the egg off your face for foolishly spiking the ball in the end zone in your OP because you were too uninformed to know that it was confirmed by physical evidence half a century ago, Pointius Pillate was the Roman Prefect of Judea when Jesus of Nazareth lived.

Phantasmal
12-01-2018, 10:12 AM
I edited my link to an article about the archeological discovery in 1961 providing hard physical evidence of Pontius Pillate.

It is not my job to educate you, or drag you by the nose to the truth.

All I can say is that you need to wipe the egg off your face for foolishly spiking the ball in the end zone in your OP because you were too uninformed to know that it was confirmed by physical evidence half a century ago, Pointius Pillate was the Roman Prefect of Judea when Jesus of Nazareth lived.
Atheist who claim he wasn’t a real figure are ignorant of history as well.

Grugore
12-01-2018, 10:19 AM
That stone was mentioned in the article I posted. Did you even read it? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that archaeology has always confirmed Scripture. And it doesn't change the fact that atheists have used a lack of historical documents to claim that the Bible is a myth. No one has ever proven the Bible to be wrong about anything. That's because it is the inspired word of God.

kudzu
12-01-2018, 10:25 AM
That stone was mentioned in the article I posted. Did you even read it? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that archaeology has always confirmed Scripture. And it doesn't change the fact that atheists have used a lack of historical documents to claim that the Bible is a myth. No one has ever proven the Bible to be wrong about anything. That's because it is the inspired word of God.

Nope.. Archaeology has NEVER confirmed scripture.. NOT EVER.

Phantasmal
12-01-2018, 10:39 AM
The only thing archeology has proven is Pilate was a historical figure. It has not shown proof of Jesus Christ life, death or resurrection, sorry.

Cypress
12-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Atheist who claim he wasn’t a real figure are ignorant of history as well.

A fair statement, though I have never met anyone who claimed Pontius Pillatte never existed. But, that does not rule out there are some out there.

Archeology is only one line of evidence supporting the existence of historical figures. As far as modern scholarship is aware, we do not have single word written by Socrates, or a shed of archeological evidence of his life. But we can be confident the man named Socrates lived in 5th century Athens based on witness testimony, Plato's dialouges, and written record.

As far as I am aware, the Romans were pretty good at keeping records, and the written documentation of the Roman Empire is profuse. So there may be sufficient evidence prove the existence of many prominent Romans, even absent hard, physical archeological evidence of their life.

domer76
12-01-2018, 12:18 PM
The problem is your lack of education. Why don't you do better? Make some effort?

Pontios Pilatos) was the fifth prefect of the Roman province of Judaea, serving under Emperor Tiberius from AD 26/27 to 36/37.

Homeschooled. Mommy must have missed a day or two.

Frank Apisa
12-01-2018, 12:39 PM
That stone was mentioned in the article I posted. Did you even read it? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that archaeology has always confirmed Scripture And it doesn't change the fact that atheists have used a lack of historical documents to claim that the Bible is a myth. No one has ever proven the Bible to be wrong about anything. That's because it is the inspired word of God.

I gotta stand WITH you on that, Grugore. You are absolutely correct.

The Bible says there was a Rome...and sure enough...there was a Rome. We can document that.

The Bible says a Pharaoh ruled over a place called Egypt...and sure enough, there was a place called Egypt...and it was ruled by a Pharaoh.

Those crazies who deny that are nuts.

Frank Apisa
12-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Nope.. Archaeology has NEVER confirmed scripture.. NOT EVER.

Please note my comment above.

kudzu
12-01-2018, 02:32 PM
I gotta stand WITH you on that, Grugore. You are absolutely correct.

The Bible says there was a Rome...and sure enough...there was a Rome. We can document that.

The Bible says a Pharaoh ruled over a place called Egypt...and sure enough, there was a place called Egypt...and it was ruled by a Pharaoh.

Those crazies who deny that are nuts.

You know Ben Carson claimed Joseph built the pyramids to store grain.... and then there are claims that the Jews were slaves in Egypt and built the pyramids. Never mind that archaeology proves that to be a lie.

Cypress
12-02-2018, 09:48 AM

It would be a waste of my time to construct a reasoned response to this stupidity.

Grugore
12-02-2018, 12:55 PM
The only thing archeology has proven is Pilate was a historical figure. It has not shown proof of Jesus Christ life, death or resurrection, sorry.

It has proven that he was governor in Israel, or wherever it was, when Jesus stood trial. It does not, in any way, contradict Scripture. In fact, I challenge you to show one example of archaeology contradicting Scripture. Just one. You cant.

Grugore
12-02-2018, 12:58 PM
It would be a waste of my time to construct a reasoned response to this stupidity.

Translation: you cannot refute me. So you resort to insults. You lose. Thanks for playing.

Fentoine Lum
12-02-2018, 12:59 PM

Once again, faith relies upon circular logic.

Fentoine Lum
12-02-2018, 01:01 PM
It has proven that he was governor in Israel, or wherever it was, when Jesus stood trial. It does not, in any way, contradict Scripture. In fact, I challenge you to show one example of archaeology contradicting Scripture. Just one. You cant.

Nothing can ever contradict anything you've ever posted. We're all very committed to proving negatives for you.

kudzu
12-02-2018, 01:01 PM

LOLOL.. There are so many anachronisms in the Bible.. They refer to places that didn't exist or like Sodom and Gommorah which were destroyed a thousand years before Abraham and Lot.

CFM
12-02-2018, 02:03 PM
That's not true.. Why do you kick off your thread with a lie?

Let me guess. You're going to say you have a background in religious studies yet will refuse to provide any proof of your claim.

kudzu
12-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Let me guess. You're going to say you have a background in religious studies yet will refuse to provide any proof of your claim.

I have never said I had a background in religious studies.

Cypress
12-02-2018, 02:05 PM

I'll have to dumb this down for you.

The Iliad and the Epics of Gilgamesh have references to historical places, events, and people. There is some nominal amount of historicity in those classic books of antiquity.

But the Greeks did not really build a giant wooden horse to hide an army, and Gilgamesh did not really find a magical plant at the bottom of the ocean that grants immortality.

Your brain does not seem to have the capacity available to higher life forms to discriminate between historicity, allegory, and metaphor.

Fentoine Lum
12-02-2018, 02:07 PM

The banjo is a four-, five-, or six-stringed instrument with a thin membrane stretched over a frame or cavity as a resonator, called the head, which is typically circular. The membrane is typically made of plastic, although animal skin is still occasionally used. Early forms of the instrument were fashioned by Africans in the United States, adapted from African instruments of similar design.[1][2] The banjo is frequently associated with folk, Irish traditional, and country music. Historically, the banjo occupied a central place in African-American traditional music and the folk culture of rural whites before entering the mainstream via the minstrel shows of the 19th century.[3][4][5][6] The banjo, along with the fiddle, is a mainstay of American old-time music. It is also very frequently used in traditional ("trad") jazz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo

Let me guess. You're going to say you have a background banjo history yet will refuse to provide any proof of your claim that whites invented your banjo.

kudzu
12-02-2018, 02:07 PM

Basically Grugore is a liar. or more generously.. simply dumb.

He wrote: "For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true. Guess again."

LOLOL.. That's crap.

CFM
12-02-2018, 02:09 PM

You should stop talking like you do and claiming people lie about things for which you have no knowledge.

CFM
12-02-2018, 02:09 PM

Basically Grugore is a liar. or more generously.. simply dumb.

He wrote: "For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true. Guess again."

LOLOL.. That's crap.

You're the one that thought Obama was qualified based on skin color. Want to talk about stupid.

Fentoine Lum
12-02-2018, 02:17 PM
You're the one that thought Obama was qualified based on skin color. Want to talk about stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CFM

Is that related to your religious "point"?

Phantasmal
12-02-2018, 02:22 PM
There was no Bethlehem in Judea at the reported time of Jesus birth.
https://archive.archaeology.org/0511/abstracts/jesus.html

Camels were rare in Palestine introduced later than Bible depicts.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/6662/the-mystery-of-the-bibles-phantom-camels

kudzu
12-02-2018, 02:25 PM

IMO.. Obama was NOT qualified because of his skin color.. He was qualified because of his education and ideals. What's your problem ? Is if really skin color?

kudzu
12-02-2018, 02:28 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/6662/the-mystery-of-the-bibles-phantom-camels

LOLOL.. The camel saddle had yet to be invented.. and horses were even rarer. In fact, until the Roman officers showed up there were no horses in Palestine. Insufficient pasture to support horses.

Grugore
12-02-2018, 03:38 PM
I'll have to dumb this down for you.

The Iliad and the Epics of Gilgamesh have references to historical places, events, and people. There is some nominal amount of historicity in those classic books of antiquity.

But the Greeks did not really build a giant wooden horse to hide an army, and Gilgamesh did not really find a magical plant at the bottom of the ocean that grants immortality.

Your brain does not seem to have the capacity available to higher life forms to discriminate between historicity, allegory, and metaphor.

Why not simply admit that you cannot find a single example of archaeology that proves Scripture wrong about anything it says?

Fentoine Lum
12-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Why not simply admit that you cannot find a single example of archaeology that proves Scripture wrong about anything it says?

Who does it matter to?

Grugore
12-02-2018, 03:43 PM

Wrong again.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost.com/Features/In-Thespotlight/Archaeologists-find-first-proof-of-ancient-Bethlehem/amp

Phantasmal
12-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Wrong again.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost.com/Features/In-Thespotlight/Archaeologists-find-first-proof-of-ancient-Bethlehem/amp

https://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/168010065/dig-finds-evidence-of-pre-jesus-bethlehem

Guno צְבִי
12-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Who does it matter to?

those kind need validation

Anarchon
12-02-2018, 05:03 PM

You can't use the term, "atheist." It's only valid to state their positions.

USFREEDOM911
12-02-2018, 06:42 PM
IMO.. Obama was NOT qualified because of his skin color.. He was qualified because of his left leaning beliefs. What's your problem ? Is if really skin color?

ftfy

kudzu
12-02-2018, 07:53 PM
ftfy

You change quotes bow? That's pathetic.

USFREEDOM911
12-02-2018, 08:03 PM
You change quotes bow? That's pathetic.

I accept your bow!! :D

CFM
12-03-2018, 07:13 AM
IMO.. Obama was NOT qualified because of his skin color.. He was qualified because of his education and ideals. What's your problem ? Is if really skin color?

Why did you vote for him for that reason.

He had no ideals. Taking from one that is a doer and earner and giving to another that refuses to do even the basic things in life isn't an ideal. It's a disaster. In the 50 years after social welfare became a way of life for so many freeloaders, $22 trillion was wasted on them.

Lightbringer
12-03-2018, 07:18 AM
Well obviously if Pilate existed then Jesus could turn water into wine...:palm:

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2018, 07:19 AM
LOLOL.. There are so many anachronisms in the Bible.. They refer to places that didn't exist or like Sodom and Gommorah which were destroyed a thousand years before Abraham and Lot.

so atheists like to claim......

kudzu
12-03-2018, 07:19 AM
Why did you vote for him for that reason.

He had no ideals. Taking from one that is a doer and earner and giving to another that refuses to do even the basic things in life isn't an ideal. It's a disaster. In the 50 years after social welfare became a way of life for so many freeloaders, $22 trillion was wasted on them.

America's economy was in the tank after 8 years of Bush and our huge war debts..

Obama is a good man and smart.. Trump is mocked even by Putin.

CFM
12-03-2018, 07:25 AM
America's economy was in the tank after 8 years of Bush and our huge war debts..

Obama is a good man and smart.. Trump is mocked even by Putin.

The wasting of that $22 trillion on social welfare goes all the back to the mid 1960s with another left wing POS in office thinking he could eradicate poverty by giving to those that didn't want to work hoping it would motivate them to do better. As far as debt, while Bush 43 did double it from $5 to $10 trillion, his successor also did the same from $10 to $20 trillion. Why is it bad when the white guy does it but acceptable to you when the black boy does?

Nothing good about him and a monkey can be trained to his level. In fact, with him, it's hard to tell whether the monkey can be smarter.

Pucker up to the only reason you supported him.

Frank Apisa
12-03-2018, 07:32 AM
You can't use the term, "atheist." It's only valid to state their positions.

I CAN use the term "atheist" because I am talking about the people who use the descriptor to describe themselves.

Are you suggesting you can decide what I can and cannot do in this forum?

kudzu
12-03-2018, 07:49 AM
so atheists like to claim......

Thomas Paine On Biblical Anachronism

Biblical Anachronism In addition to the judicious remarks in your twelfth number, on the absurd story of Noah's Flood, in Genesis vii, I send you the following: The second verse makes God to say unto Noah, “Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female, and of every beast that are not clean, by two, the male ...

http://www.deism.com/paine_essay_biblicalanachronism.htm

Grugore
12-03-2018, 07:51 AM
https://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/168010065/dig-finds-evidence-of-pre-jesus-bethlehem

You do realize that you just proved my point. Right?

kudzu
12-03-2018, 07:51 AM
The wasting of that $22 trillion on social welfare goes all the back to the mid 1960s with another left wing POS in office thinking he could eradicate poverty by giving to those that didn't want to work hoping it would motivate them to do better. As far as debt, while Bush 43 did double it from $5 to $10 trillion, his successor also did the same from $10 to $20 trillion. Why is it bad when the white guy does it but acceptable to you when the black boy does?

Nothing good about him and a monkey can be trained to his level. In fact, with him, it's hard to tell whether the monkey can be smarter.

Pucker up to the only reason you supported him.

You sure are hung up on skin color........... I can't imagine judging the measure of any man that way.

kudzu
12-03-2018, 07:53 AM

Didn't you know there were two Bethlehems?

I doubt Mary traveled 90 miles to give birth.. That would be a four day trip for a heavily pregnant woman.

Lightbringer
12-03-2018, 07:53 AM

Now I know for sure you're a sock. I use that all the time.

Grugore
12-03-2018, 07:57 AM

Wrong. He claimed that Bethlehem didn't exist during the time of Christ's birth. I caled him on it. Then he posted a link that claims it did. So yeah. He proved my point.

Lightbringer
12-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Wrong. He claimed that Bethlehem didn't exist during the time of Christ's birth. I caled him on it. Then he posted a link that claims it did. So yeah. He proved my point.

Stop. Use your own words.

Grugore
12-03-2018, 08:00 AM

Wrong. He claimed that Bethlehem didn't exist during the time of Christ's birth. I called him on it. Then he posted a link that claims it did, but it was a different bethlehem. So yeah. He proved my point.

Lightbringer
12-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Wrong. He claimed that Bethlehem didn't exist during the time of Christ's birth. I called him on it. Then he posted a link that claims it did, but it was a different bethlehem. So yeah. He proved my point.

Use your own words shitpickle.

kudzu
12-03-2018, 08:05 AM
The archaeologist William F. Albright, writing even earlier, saw camels in the Bible as a literary anachronism.

Recent excavations in the Timna Valley by Lidar Sapir-Hen and Erez Ben-Yosef discovered what may be the earliest domestic camel bones yet found in Israel or even outside the Arabian Peninsula, dating to around 930 BC. This garnered considerable media coverage, as it was described as evidence that the stories of Abraham, Jacob, Esau, and Joseph were written after this time.

Phantasmal
12-03-2018, 08:06 AM
No, you aren’t comprehending that Bethlehem of Judea and Bethlehem of Galilee were two different places.

kudzu
12-03-2018, 08:08 AM
No, you aren’t comprehending that Bethlehem of Judea and Bethlehem of Galilee were two different places.

LOLOL...

Phantasmal
12-03-2018, 08:09 AM
The claim was Bethlehem of Judea was not occupied at the time of Christ birth. There was a Bethlehem of Galilee which was not the Bethlehem of King David.

kudzu
12-03-2018, 08:11 AM

http://www.keyway.ca/gif/twobeth.gif

Lightbringer
12-03-2018, 08:14 AM

So we need to put our secular opinions aside and let the Christians have their say...and the Christians don't understand what they're talking about. Yep, we're all gonna die soon. Stick a fork in us, we're done.

Grugore
12-03-2018, 08:18 AM
Stop. Use your own words.

Words are free to use by everyone. Are you claiming that the words I used are owned by someone else? Don't be silly. Besides, there is only one way to express what I posted...

You: pronoun
used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing.o: verb (used with object), present singular 1st person

Do: verb
(used with object), present singular 1st person do

Realize: verb
become fully aware of (something) as a fact; understand clearly.

That: —used to introduce a clause that is the subject or object of a verb. —used to introduce a clause that completes or explains the meaning of a previous noun or adjective or of the pronoun it. —used to introduce a clause that states a reason or purpose. that. adjective.

You: see first entry.

Just:
very recently; in the immediate past.
"I've just seen the local paper"

Get the picture? What I wrote was the only way express my thoughts. No other words would have sufficed.

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2018, 08:24 AM
http://www.deism.com/paine_essay_biblicalanachronism.htm

I like how you quote an atheist's website to refute the comment that it's what atheists claim....

Grugore
12-03-2018, 08:24 AM
The claim was Bethlehem of Judea was not occupied at the time of Christ birth. There was a Bethlehem of Galilee which was not the Bethlehem of King David.

You can split hairs and deflect all you like. The fact remains that archaeology backs up everything the Bible says.

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2018, 08:26 AM
The archaeologist William F. Albright, writing even earlier, saw camels in the Bible as a literary anachronism.

Recent excavations in the Timna Valley by Lidar Sapir-Hen and Erez Ben-Yosef discovered what may be the earliest domestic camel bones yet found in Israel or even outside the Arabian Peninsula, dating to around 930 BC. This garnered considerable media coverage, as it was described as evidence that the stories of Abraham, Jacob, Esau, and Joseph were written after this time.

Use your own words shitpickle.

kudzu
12-03-2018, 08:26 AM
You can split hairs and deflect all you like. The fact remains that archaeology backs up everything the Bible says.

No it doesn't.. even the story of Rachel's tomb being purchased from the Hitite is a lie.. There weren't any Hitites around then.

Phantasmal
12-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Lol, you deny evidence, it’s a common attribute amongst Bible literalist. If you knew the importance of the authors need to tie Jesus to David, you would understand why this matters.

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2018, 08:28 AM

which one is the home village of the tribe of Judah, where Joseph and Mary were required to go......

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2018, 08:30 AM
No it doesn't.. even the story of Rachel's tomb being purchased from the Hitite is a lie.. There weren't any Hitites around then.

and you can prove there wasn't at least one?.......

kudzu
12-03-2018, 08:35 AM
and you can prove there wasn't at least one?.......

Hittites and Hethites: A Proposed Solution to an Etymological ...

The difficulty, which Gelb said was “a historical enigma,” has been described succinctly by Ishida: “although the Hebrew Bible often mentions the Hittites among the original inhabitants of the Promised Land, we have had so far no definite evidence of a Hittite presence in Palestine in the second millennium b.c.

EXCERPT "The presence of Hittites in the narratives of Israelite beginnings is thus rhetorical and ideological rather than historical.” -John Van Seters. The appearance of the term "Hittites" in English Bible translations has been an apologetic, archaeological and historical problem for quite some time. Many claim that references to the Hittites in the Old Testament are either errors or fictional anachronisms.

In this important article, Dr. Bryant Wood proposes that the solution to this problem is a linguistic one. Based on a detailed assessment of the original Hebrew text, and an evaluation of the archaeological evidence pertaining to the Hittite and neo-Hittite kingdoms, Dr. Wood concludes our English translations require correction. Once this is accomplished, we once again find the Bible is accurate and trustworthy... Continue reading

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2011/11/08/hittites-and-hethites-a-proposed-solution-to-an-etymological-conundrum.aspx

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2018, 08:37 AM
Lol, you deny evidence, it’s a common attribute amongst Bible literalist. If you knew the importance of the authors need to tie Jesus to David, you would understand why this matters.

Bethlehem of Judea was the town where the lambs raised for temple sacrifices were raised......the shepherds who tended the birth of the sacrificial lambs were invited to the manger where Jesus lay.......when Jesus entered the temple and overturned the tables of the money changers he entered through the gate where the sacrificial lambs were brought from Bethlehem......

kudzu
12-03-2018, 08:37 AM
which one is the home village of the tribe of Judah, where Joseph and Mary were required to go......

Nazereth is 90 miles north.. and Judah is 7 miles from Jerusalem.

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Hittites and Hethites: A Proposed Solution to an Etymological ...

The difficulty, which Gelb said was “a historical enigma,” has been described succinctly by Ishida: “although the Hebrew Bible often mentions the Hittites among the original inhabitants of the Promised Land, we have had so far no definite evidence of a Hittite presence in Palestine in the second millennium b.c.

EXCERPT "The presence of Hittites in the narratives of Israelite beginnings is thus rhetorical and ideological rather than historical.” -John Van Seters. The appearance of the term "Hittites" in English Bible translations has been an apologetic, archaeological and historical problem for quite some time. Many claim that references to the Hittites in the Old Testament are either errors or fictional anachronisms.

In this important article, Dr. Bryant Wood proposes that the solution to this problem is a linguistic one. Based on a detailed assessment of the original Hebrew text, and an evaluation of the archaeological evidence pertaining to the Hittite and neo-Hittite kingdoms, Dr. Wood concludes our English translations require correction. Once this is accomplished, we once again find the Bible is accurate and trustworthy... Continue reading

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2011/11/08/hittites-and-hethites-a-proposed-solution-to-an-etymological-conundrum.aspx

it is only an enigma to atheists.....

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2018, 08:39 AM

in case you didn't already know......it was the one in Judea....

Phantasmal
12-03-2018, 08:43 AM
Micah 5:2 King James Version (KJV)2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Frank Apisa
12-03-2018, 09:33 AM

That is absurd.

Archeology does NOT back up the supposed walk of Jesus on the Sea of Galilee. Although for you, I suppose the fact that we can show that a "Sea of Galilee" exists is proof that Jesus walked on its waters.

kudzu
12-03-2018, 09:34 AM
That is absurd.

Archeology does NOT back up the supposed walk of Jesus on the Sea of Galilee. Although for you, I suppose the fact that we can show that a "Sea of Galilee" exists is proof that Jesus walked on its waters.

LOLOL.. :laugh:

Anarchon
12-03-2018, 04:09 PM
I CAN use the term "atheist" because I am talking about the people who use the descriptor to describe themselves.

Are you suggesting you can decide what I can and cannot do in this forum?

Not at all. You're free to be a hypocrite as much as you like...

There is NO valid reason to even use the word [atheism].

Fentoine Lum
12-03-2018, 04:11 PM

For this virgin birth-n-shit.

Frank Apisa
12-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Not at all. You're free to be a hypocrite as much as you like...

Easy Jerk-off.

The OP announced that "atheists" did something...and in order to comment on that, I had to use the word "atheist."

My earlier comment that there is no valid reason to even use the word...was during a discussion of it being used as a descriptor of a position on the question of whether gods exist or not.

If you want to be a punk...and pretend otherwise...you are free to be as much a punk as you like. You certainly have had plenty of practice...pretending that you want to live in anarchy...while living here where government keeps you safe.

This is fun.

Let's keep at it. ;)

Anarchon
12-03-2018, 10:58 PM
For this virgin birth-n-shit.

Joseph was a serious cuck if he let his woman get away with that bullshit story.

Anarchon
12-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Easy Jerk-off.

The OP announced that "atheists" did something...and in order to comment on that, I had to use the word "atheist."

My earlier comment that there is no valid reason to even use the word...was during a discussion of it being used as a descriptor of a position on the question of whether gods exist or not.

If you want to be a punk...and pretend otherwise...you are free to be as much a punk as you like. You certainly have had plenty of practice...pretending that you want to live in anarchy...while living here where government keeps you safe.

This is fun.

Let's keep at it. ;)

You're a statist. I shouldn't be surprised that you want to tell everyone else what to do, but don't allow the reverse.

CFM
12-04-2018, 06:37 AM
You sure are hung up on skin color........... I can't imagine judging the measure of any man that way.

You're the one that uses skin color thinking it is a qualification.

kudzu
12-04-2018, 06:44 AM
You're the one that uses skin color thinking it is a qualification.

How Christian of you to lie like a dog over and over again.

CFM
12-04-2018, 06:53 AM
How Christian of you to lie like a dog over and over again.

It's so automatic for you, you don't realize you're doing it. Someone has to educate you on that fact.

kudzu
12-04-2018, 07:25 AM
It's so automatic for you, you don't realize you're doing it. Someone has to educate you on that fact.

Every healthy person should be comfortable in their own skin, but skin color is not the measure of a man or woman. That's about who they are.. Are they kind, honest, generous, intelligent? Its about character and integrity. You don't seem to get that.

Frank Apisa
12-04-2018, 07:30 AM
You're a statist. I shouldn't be surprised that you want to tell everyone else what to do, but don't allow the reverse.

I am not interested in what surprises or does not surprise a jerk like you...

...but thank you for offering the information anyway.

Anarchist!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzRdTrm9yDfiByS8g-UDRpSTxLqc0MVLbeTcbzHn-516Eagf06

CFM
12-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Every healthy person should be comfortable in their own skin, but skin color is not the measure of a man or woman. That's about who they are.. Are they kind, honest, generous, intelligent? Its about character and integrity. You don't seem to get that.

Why do you continue to use a particular skin color to consider someone qualified?

You don't seem to have character and integrity based on what you do.

BTW, if you had characters, you'd provide verifiable proof of the claims you've made about all the things for which you claim to be knowledgeable.

kudzu
12-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Why do you continue to use a particular skin color to consider someone qualified?

You don't seem to have character and integrity based on what you do.

BTW, if you had characters, you'd provide verifiable proof of the claims you've made about all the things for which you claim to be knowledgeable.

Obama's skin color doesn't matter.. He's educated, accomplished and kind. He's a good family man and an idealist. None of those qualities of character are dependent on skin color.

I have had a long, busy life .. what is it you want as proof? You want my name, photos.. You want to know who may family is ??.. what exactly? You sure sound like a loser.

CFM
12-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Obama's skin color doesn't matter.. He's educated, accomplish and kind. He's a good family man and an idealist. None of those qualities of character are dependent on skin color.

I have had a long, busy life .. what is it you want as proof? You want my name, photos.. You want to know who may family is ??.. what exactly? You sure sound like a loser.

Quit lying. There were plenty of you left wingers that had far more experience and believed the same things as Obama. The only difference, as expressed by Obama's own VP, was skin color.

Perhaps Obama should live in reality rather than the fantasy world of idealism. Good intentions don't produce good results.

You've made claims about yourself that you simply haven't proven. It's not up to me what you provide as long as it's verifiable. The loser is the one like you that makes claims then runs like a coward when asked to prove it.

kudzu
12-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Quit lying. There were plenty of you left wingers that had far more experience and believed the same things as Obama. The only difference, as expressed by Obama's own VP, was skin color.

Perhaps Obama should live in reality rather than the fantasy world of idealism. Good intentions don't produce good results.

You've made claims about yourself that you simply haven't proven. It's not up to me what you provide as long as it's verifiable. The loser is the one like you that makes claims then runs like a coward when asked to prove it.

I am not a left winger.. My husband and I started the young Republicans in our county over 50 years ago. I resigned the Republican party when Bush invaded Iraq.

Obama came as a surprise to me. He was a far better President than I expected him to be.

Why don't you go ahead and PROVE YOUR identity......... Are you drinking or on drugs this morning?

CFM
12-04-2018, 08:54 AM
I am not a left winger.. My husband and I started the young Republicans in our county over 50 years ago. I resigned the Republican party when Bush invaded Iraq.

Obama came as a surprise to me. He was a far better President than I expected him to be.

Why don't you go ahead and PROVE YOUR identity......... Are you drinking or on drugs this morning?

Then someone else must be posting all that left wing nonsense using your name.

You're the one making claims about yourself. Why are you afraid to prove those claims? Typical of your kind.

He didn't come as a surprise to me. There are a lot of you that saw him and thought he was qualified.

hypGnosis
12-06-2018, 10:31 PM

Although the coastal city of Tyre was renamed in some rather recent century, scripture indicates that it was supposed to have been destroyed and remain so, forever & ever.

Archelogically, it has always been rebuilt ... and you can google a rather nice satellite view.

The evidence clearly shows scripture to be wrong.

kudzu
12-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Although the coastal city of Tyre was renamed in some rather recent century, scripture indicates that it was supposed to have been destroyed and remain so, forever & ever.

Archelogically, it has always been rebuilt ... and you can google a rather nice satellite view.

I wish everyone could go to Tyre, Baalbek, Bibylos and Petra.. There is so much more history in the Levant than the history of the Hebrews.

PostmodernProphet
12-06-2018, 11:13 PM
I wish everyone could go to Tyre, Baalbek, Bibylos and Petra..

I wish some of you wouldn't come back.....

Grugore
12-07-2018, 06:45 AM

The original city of Tyre is underwater. It is a place where fishermen spread their nets. Just like Scripture predicted. The city currently known as Tyre is a completely different city with the same name. So the original city has never been rebuilt.

hypGnosis
12-07-2018, 12:45 PM
The original city of Tyre is underwater. It is a place where fishermen spread their nets. Just like Scripture predicted. The city currently known as Tyre is a completely different city with the same name. So the original city has never been rebuilt.

In a sidenote, It seems as though the bible-thumpers go all out in embracing a science such as Archeology, while wailing away with utter contempt at those sciences that do not support their biblical myths & fantasies. Just sayin'.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tyre,+Lebanon/@33.2704432,35.1939426,10123m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x151e7d902f915d95:0xcf0e3 fc6fb997408!8m2!3d33.2704888!4d35.2037641

Ok, Grugore, there is a/the link for you to see for yourself the very nice satellite photo of Tyre.

What have you in the way of Archeological evidence showing Tyre to be in/at some other location?

So far, The evidence clearly shows scripture to be wrong.

Grugore
12-07-2018, 01:09 PM
In a sidenote, It seems as though the bible-thumpers go all out in embracing a science such as Archeology, while wailing away with utter contempt at those sciences that do not support their biblical myths & fantasies. Just sayin'.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tyre,+Lebanon/@33.2704432,35.1939426,10123m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x151e7d902f915d95:0xcf0e3 fc6fb997408!8m2!3d33.2704888!4d35.2037641

Ok, Grugore, there is a/the link for you to see for yourself the very nice satellite photo of Tyre.

What have you in the way of Archeological evidence showing Tyre to be in/at some other location?

So far, The evidence clearly shows scripture to be wrong.

If you go to Tyre and go out on the water in a boat, you can look down and see the ruins of the original city.
http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=13&article=1790

kudzu
12-07-2018, 01:15 PM

LOLOL.. Have you been to Tyre or Byblos or Baalbek?

kudzu
12-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Tyre - Ancient History Encyclopedia

Tyre is an ancient Phoenician port city which, in myth, is known as the birthplace of Europa (who gave Europe its name) and Dido of Carthage (who gave aid to, and fell in love with, Aeneas of Troy).

Tyre is an ancient Phoenician port city which, in myth, is known as the birthplace of Europa (who gave Europe its name) and Dido of Carthage (who gave aid to, and fell in love with, Aeneas of Troy). The name means 'rock' and the city consisted of two parts, the main trade centre on an island, and 'old Tyre', about a half mile opposite on the mainland. The old city, known as Ushu, was founded c. 2750 BCE and the trade centre grew up shortly after.

In time, the island complex became more prosperous and populated than Ushu and was heavily fortified. The prosperity of Tyre attracted the attention of King Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon who lay siege to the city for thirteen years in the 6th century BCE without breaking their defenses. During this siege most of the inhabitants of the mainland city abandoned it for the relative safety of the island city.

Ushu became a suburb of Tyre on the mainland and remained so until the coming of Alexander the Great. The Tyrians were known as workers in dye from the shells of the Murex shellfish. This purple dye was highly valued and held royal connotations in the ancient world. It also gave the Phoenicians their name from the Greeks - Phoinikes - which means "purple people".

The city-state was the most powerful in all of Phoenicia after surpassing its sister state Sidon. Tyre is referenced in the Bible in the New Testament where it is claimed that both Jesus and St. Paul visited the city and remains famous in military history for Alexander the Great's seige.

TYRE WAS IN ITS GOLDEN AGE AROUND THE 10TH CENTURY BCE AND, IN THE 8TH, COLONIZED OTHER SITES & ENJOYED GREAT PROSPERITY.
TYRE'S GOLDEN AGE

continued

https://www.ancient.eu/Tyre/

hypGnosis
12-07-2018, 03:00 PM
If you go to Tyre and go out on the water in a boat, you can look down and see the ruins of the original city.
http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=13&article=1790

Oh how I enjoy visiting an apologetics website. It's sort of like going to Kellyanne Conway for the "alternative facts".

In the year 1170 CE, the diarist Benjamin of Tudela visited the oft rebuilt city of Tyre, calling it New Tyre, and commented on the materials used in the construction of the causeway betwixt the mainland & the island by Alexander's troops some 1,400 or so years earlier.

Those materials came primarily from the mainland portion of Tyre; and they exist today both below & above sea level as a causeway connecting mainland & island.

So even though some of the stone structures and roadways of an incarnation of Tyre were tossed into the sea, time-after-time Tyre gets rebuilt ... on the same geographic location.

This is utterly contrary to the scriptural prophecy that Tyre would never be rebuilt and "be no more forever".

The evidence clearly shows scripture to be wrong, no matter what sort of Conway-spin you feel the need to fabricate.

Grugore
12-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Oh how I enjoy visiting an apologetics website. It's sort of like going to Kellyanne Conway for the "alternative facts".

In the year 1170 CE, the diarist Benjamin of Tudela visited the oft rebuilt city of Tyre, calling it New Tyre, and commented on the materials used in the construction of the causeway betwixt the mainland & the island by Alexander's troops some 1,400 or so years earlier.

Those materials came primarily from the mainland portion of Tyre; and they exist today both below & above sea level as a causeway connecting mainland & island.

So even though some of the stone structures and roadways of an incarnation of Tyre were tossed into the sea, time-after-time Tyre gets rebuilt ... on the same geographic location.

This is utterly contrary to the scriptural prophecy that Tyre would never be rebuilt and "be no more forever".

The evidence clearly shows scripture to be wrong, no matter what sort of Conway-spin you feel the need to fabricate.

The current site of the city of Tyre was an island stronghold, separate from the mainland city. The original city has been destroyed and never rebuilt. The ruins are still there. Try again, dipshitzky.

Phantasmal
12-07-2018, 03:28 PM
The current site of the city of Tyre was an island stronghold, separate from the mainland city. The original city has been destroyed and never rebuilt. The ruins are still there. Try again, dipshitzky.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ancient.eu/amp/1-503/

He dismantled much of the old mainland city of Ushu as well as using fallen debris, rock, and felled trees, filling in the sea between the mainland and the island to create a land bridge for his war (https://www.ancient.eu/war/) machines. Over the centuries since, this caused heavy sedimentation to occur and permanently linked the island to the mainland; which is why Tyre is not an island today. After a siege of seven months, Alexander used his man-made causeway to batter down the walls of Tyre and take the city.

kudzu
12-08-2018, 03:01 AM

The prophets often demonized neighbors who were prosperous and more successful... saying they might be rich and beautiful, but spiritually corrupt.

Prophecy about Tryre is fairly typical of that envy.. .. and Israelites were sold in their slave markets.

kudzu
12-08-2018, 03:02 AM

You're wrong again..........

CFM
12-08-2018, 08:00 AM
LOLOL.. Have you been to Tyre or Byblos or Baalbek?

I'm sure you'll claim you have. I even more sure you won't provide verifiable proof that you have.

CFM
12-08-2018, 08:01 AM
You're wrong again..........

There you go pretending to be a religious expert again.

kudzu
12-08-2018, 08:24 AM
I'm sure you'll claim you have. I even more sure you won't provide verifiable proof that you have.

LOLOL.. You want my home movies? Haven't you ever been anywhere or done anything?

CFM
12-08-2018, 08:27 AM
LOLOL.. You want my home movies? Haven't you ever been anywhere or done anything?

You can choose whatever you want as long as it can be verified as what you claim. You keep asking the same question and getting the same answer to what type is acceptable. The question now is whether or not you're able to provide it. As of today, you aren't because you haven't done it.

kudzu
12-08-2018, 08:38 AM
You can choose whatever you want as long as it can be verified as what you claim. You keep asking the same question and getting the same answer to what type is acceptable. The question now is whether or not you're able to provide it. As of today, you aren't because you haven't done it.

You want my US Passport? LOLOL.. That kind of stuff is against the rules.

CFM
12-08-2018, 08:43 AM
You want my US Passport? LOLOL.. That kind of stuff is against the rules.

The question as to what you can provide has been answered. Why do you keep asking you dumb bitch?

kudzu
12-18-2018, 03:33 AM

Sometimes prophesy is deliberately tricky and designed to deceive.

Matthew 2:15 cites Jesus' return from Egypt as being the fulfillment of a prophecy..He does that by leaving out CONTEXT.

And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. Matt 2:15.

Hosea 11:1:

When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

PostmodernProphet
12-18-2018, 07:28 AM
Sometimes prophesy is deliberately tricky and designed to deceive.

you make it sound like an atheist's posts.......

kudzu
12-18-2018, 07:35 AM
you make it sound like an atheist's posts.......

In Hosea God calls Israel the son of God.

PostmodernProphet
12-18-2018, 07:40 AM
In Hosea God calls Israel the son of God.

yes it does.......he called the nation of Israel out of Egypt........Jesus also spent time in Egypt.......the parallel of the Christ as representative of the people of God is consistent......

kudzu
12-18-2018, 07:44 AM
yes it does.......he called the nation of Israel out of Egypt........Jesus also spent time in Egypt.......the parallel of the Christ as representative of the people of God is consistent......

No he didn't .. Matthew is trying to make Jesus fit what was written in Hosea.

PostmodernProphet
12-18-2018, 07:47 AM
No he didn't .. Matthew is trying to make Jesus fit what was written in Hosea.

no......Matthew is merely pointing out that Jesus DID fit what was written in Hosea.........

kudzu
12-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Jeremiah 44

11 "Therefore, this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I am determined to bring disaster on you and to destroy all Judah.
12 I will take away the remnant of Judah who were determined to go to Egypt to settle there. They will all perish in Egypt; they will fall by the sword or die from famine. From the least to the greatest, they will die by sword or famine. They will become an object of cursing and horror, of condemnation and reproach.
13 I will punish those who live in Egypt with the sword, famine and plague, as I punished Jerusalem.
14 None of the remnant of Judah who have gone to live in Egypt will escape or survive to return to the land of Judah, to which they long to return and live; none will return except a few fugitives."

kudzu
12-18-2018, 07:57 AM
no......Matthew is merely pointing out that Jesus DID fit what was written in Hosea.........

Jews were forbidden to go to Egypt.. and the prophets said they did go to Egypt God would kill them.. but before the birth of Christ there was a huge community of Jews living in Alexandria and on Elephantine Island.

PostmodernProphet
12-18-2018, 07:59 AM
Jews were forbidden to go to Egypt.. and the prophets said they did go to Egypt God would kill them.. but before the birth of Christ there was a huge community of Jews living in Alexandria and on Elephantine Island.

\whispers his questions about kudzu's sanity and lack of relevance.........God tells him its only to be expected from atheists........

PostmodernProphet
12-18-2018, 08:01 AM
fugitives

Jesus was a fugitive from Herod.......

kudzu
12-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Jesus was a fugitive from Herod.......

That's myth.. Herod never killed the babies..

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2018, 12:29 PM
That's myth.. Herod never killed the babies..

stupid bint.......did some atheist post that on a web site you read once?......

kudzu
12-22-2018, 01:03 PM
stupid bint.......did some atheist post that on a web site you read once?......

Jesus never visited Egypt at all. Matthew seems to have invented the trip to Egypt to fulfill what he saw as a Prophecy " Out of Egypt , I called my son. ( Michah 5;2).

Look.. Matthew was gilding the lily as if Jesus wasn't enough on his own.

Phantasmal
12-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Jesus never visited Egypt at all. Matthew seems to have invented the trip to Egypt to fulfill what he saw as a Prophecy " Out of Egypt , I called my son. ( Michah 5;2).

He had to fit the criteria for being the Messiah.

kudzu
12-22-2018, 01:08 PM
The visit into Egypt is only recorded in Matthew's Gospel.
Luke's gospel tells a very different story.
In Luke's Gospel, there is no visit from the magi, no massacre of innocents by Herod ( and Josephus, who hated Herod and catalogues his many faults and failings as well as the assassinations he ordered, leaves the murder of the innocents in bethlehem out of his account of history).

In Luke's Gospel, Jesus is born in Bethlehem , taken to the temple on the 8th day, then taken by his parents back to Nazareth where they live, and they go down south into Jerusalem every year - in fact we next hear about Jesus at 12 years old talking to the Elders in the temple.

Comparing that to Matthew, Matthew has the Holy family flee to Egypt, and only returning to Israel when Herod is dead. Even then , Joseph makes a home in Nazareth, up in Galilee and out of the jurisdiction of Herod's son (also called Herod , but not Herod the Great ) because he is so fearful. this is hardly the same man who would take Jesus with him to Jerusalem every year, as per Luke's Gospel!

Luke and Matthew have only one point in common. Jesus born in bethlehem , that's all. The rest is two different , mutually exclusive stories. Very likely, Jesus never visited Egypt at all. Matthew seems to have invented the trip to Egypt to fulfill what he saw as a Prophecy " Out of Egypt , I called my son. ( Michah 5;2).

And yet Michah talks in the past tense and the context refers to the exodus, not any future messiah coming up out of Egypt. as I say, it does not look as though Matthew's tale bears out as a historical narrative.

To argue that ‘ the Gospel writers did not include everything’ is to ignore very salient claims - Matthew says also that Jesus was taken to Egypt to flee the wrath of Herod and the Massacre of the Innocents .
It even says that Joseph would not return until Herod was dead - and even then , settled in a region outside his successor’s juristiction.

This cannot be reconciled to Luke’s claim that they visited Jerusalem every year.

https://www.quora.com/Did-Jesus-Christ-visit-Egypt-ever-in-his-life-time

kudzu
12-22-2018, 01:08 PM

Yeah.. it would seem so......

Fentoine Lum
12-22-2018, 01:12 PM
The question as to what you can provide has been answered. Why do you keep asking you dumb bitch?

She realizes she dealing with an emotionally unhinged zealot and is simply amusing herself by toying with it.

kudzu
12-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Yeah.. it would seem so......

You see what Matthew did?

Matthew 2:15 cites Jesus' return from Egypt as being the fulfillment of a prophecy..He does that by leaving out CONTEXT.

And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. Matt 2:15.

Hosea 11:1:

When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2018, 03:36 PM

?.....\shrugs.......you appear to have invented many things......

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2018, 03:36 PM

kudzu needs to make it fit her atheist criteria of denial.......

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2018, 03:41 PM
The visit into Egypt is only recorded in Matthew's Gospel.
Luke's gospel tells a very different story.
In Luke's Gospel, there is no visit from the magi, no massacre of innocents by Herod ( and Josephus, who hated Herod and catalogues his many faults and failings as well as the assassinations he ordered, leaves the murder of the innocents in bethlehem out of his account of history).

In Luke's Gospel, Jesus is born in Bethlehem , taken to the temple on the 8th day, then taken by his parents back to Nazareth where they live, and they go down south into Jerusalem every year - in fact we next hear about Jesus at 12 years old talking to the Elders in the temple.

Comparing that to Matthew, Matthew has the Holy family flee to Egypt, and only returning to Israel when Herod is dead. Even then , Joseph makes a home in Nazareth, up in Galilee and out of the jurisdiction of Herod's son (also called Herod , but not Herod the Great ) because he is so fearful. this is hardly the same man who would take Jesus with him to Jerusalem every year, as per Luke's Gospel!

Luke and Matthew have only one point in common. Jesus born in bethlehem , that's all. The rest is two different , mutually exclusive stories. Very likely, Jesus never visited Egypt at all. Matthew seems to have invented the trip to Egypt to fulfill what he saw as a Prophecy " Out of Egypt , I called my son. ( Michah 5;2).

And yet Michah talks in the past tense and the context refers to the exodus, not any future messiah coming up out of Egypt. as I say, it does not look as though Matthew's tale bears out as a historical narrative.

To argue that ‘ the Gospel writers did not include everything’ is to ignore very salient claims - Matthew says also that Jesus was taken to Egypt to flee the wrath of Herod and the Massacre of the Innocents .
It even says that Joseph would not return until Herod was dead - and even then , settled in a region outside his successor’s juristiction.

This cannot be reconciled to Luke’s claim that they visited Jerusalem every year.

https://www.quora.com/Did-Jesus-Christ-visit-Egypt-ever-in-his-life-time

there is no contradiction, except in the doubts of the atheist's mind......

Gotcha68
12-23-2018, 05:06 AM
142 posts and Grugore still has not shown even one atheist who made the claim in the OP.

Arguing with people who believe mythology as if it were fact is entertaining at the very least but nonproductive.

kudzu
12-23-2018, 05:55 AM
there is no contradiction, except in the doubts of the atheist's mind......

Actually the Bible is chock full of contradictions.

CFM
12-23-2018, 07:32 AM
She realizes she dealing with an emotionally unhinged zealot and is simply amusing herself by toying with it.

Continuing to ask the same question that has been answered is the sign of a stupid cunt. That you agree with her proves you're as dumb as the typical below average, 85 IQ black.

Maybe she wants to be your toy. I heard she's like that.

PostmodernProphet
12-23-2018, 07:39 AM
Actually the Bible is chock full of contradictions.

atheists have devoted their life to creating them and writing them down for you to paste.......that way you never actually have to read scripture to attack it......and they are earth shaking.......did you know that the book of Kings and the book of Chronicles actually disagree about how many horses Solomon had in his stables?......

kudzu
12-23-2018, 08:10 AM
atheists have devoted their life to creating them and writing them down for you to paste.......that way you never actually have to read scripture to attack it......and they are earth shaking.......did you know that the book of Kings and the book of Chronicles actually disagree about how many horses Solomon had in his stables?......

Are you crazy? Atheists didn't write scripture..

A group of ancient stables was discovered in 1996 on the southeastern corner of the Temple Mount. Archeologists have called it "Solomon's Stables," referring to the knightly Order of Solomon's Temple (the Templars). This order of knights, present during the Crusades, reconstructed the halls after it was presented to them by Crusader King Baldwin, and renamed it Solomon's Stables. The stables are located 12 ½ meters below the Temple Mount Courtyard and include twelve rows of pillars and arches.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/solomon-s-stables

PostmodernProphet
12-23-2018, 08:37 AM
Are you crazy? Atheists didn't write scripture..

didn't say they did.....I said they wrote the lists of scripture's "contradictions" that you revere....

A group of ancient stables was discovered in 1996 on the southeastern corner of the Temple Mount. Archeologists have called it "Solomon's Stables," referring to the knightly Order of Solomon's Temple (the Templars). This order of knights, present during the Crusades, reconstructed the halls after it was presented to them by Crusader King Baldwin, and renamed it Solomon's Stables. The stables are located 12 ½ meters below the Temple Mount Courtyard and include twelve rows of pillars and arches.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/solomon-s-stables

you are amazingly easy to manipulate......

How many stalls did Solomon have for his horses?
From II Chronicles to I Kings, Solomon experiences a tenfold increase in stalls.

And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.[19]

And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.[20]

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Biblical_contradictions#How_many_stalls_did_Solomo n_have_for_his_horses.3F

kudzu
12-23-2018, 08:41 AM
didn't say they did.....I said they wrote the lists of scripture's "contradictions" that you revere....

you are amazingly easy to manipulate......

The stables under the Temple Mount would be fine if the horses were the size of goats.

Frank Apisa
12-23-2018, 08:45 AM
The major things archeology has confirmed about "scripture" (what is written in the Bible) is that places like Rome and Egypt actually existed...and that the former was ruled by an emperor...and the latter by a Pharaoh.

kudzu
12-23-2018, 08:58 AM
The major things archeology has confirmed about "scripture" (what is written in the Bible) is that places like Rome and Egypt actually existed...and that the former was ruled by an emperor...and the latter by a Pharaoh.

The Hebrew story tellers embellished their history a lot.

kudzu
12-23-2018, 09:27 AM

God had given clear instructions for anyone who would be king: no amassing of horses, no multiplying of wives, and no accumulating of silver and gold (Deuteronomy 17:14-20).

There is very little evidence for horses in Israel.. only Roman officers had horses.