PDA

View Full Version : New Features questions/discussion...

Damocles
05-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Here is a thread to discuss how to use and what you've found out about the new features with the newest upgrade...

Cancel7
05-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I found out that some people here are really bored.

Damocles
05-05-2008, 09:58 AM
True dat.

Battleborne
05-05-2008, 10:09 AM
alot of people in here are paranoid...seems as though after Damo added these features quite a few went to 'My Location'...like this would prevent LE or a hacker from locating someones area...lol...For the normal person it is just a interesting point...to see where most liberals and conservatives take up residence and call home...others it seems to be a 'Big Secret'...:rolleyes:

Damocles
05-05-2008, 10:17 AM
alot of people in here are paranoid...seems as though after Damo added these features quite a few went to 'My Location'...like this would prevent LE or a hacker from locating someones area...lol...For the normal person it is just a interesting point...to see where most liberals and conservatives take up residence and call home...others it seems to be a 'Big Secret'...:rolleyes:
The "My Location" thing is a link to their pin on the googlemap.

Epicurus
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
I learned that Darla and I actually live in Mexico.

Battleborne
05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
The "My Location" thing is a link to their pin on the googlemap.

I was being....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

Epicurus
05-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I was being....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

A dick?

Cancel7
05-05-2008, 10:33 AM
A dick?

LOL!

Battleborne
05-05-2008, 10:34 AM
A dick?

cupcake/bimbo!

uscitizen
05-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Why would I worry about LE finding me ? I have a badge and a gun myself.

Battleborne
05-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Why would I worry about LE finding me ? I have a badge and a gun myself.

'I don't need no stinking badge' stolen from a oldies movie...'Treasure of the Sierra Madres'...Where is Baretta when you need him...never mind he took a long ride on his...Electro-Guide Blue....! a tricked out Harley!:rolleyes:

Damocles
05-05-2008, 11:25 AM
LOL. I created the world's UUUGLIEST profile...

We now have the ability to customize...

Battleborne
05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
LOL. I created the world's UUUGLIEST profile...

We now have the ability to customize...

You requested that I become your friend...then when I hit accepted...it was not accepted...I think Kathianne had the same problemo...is this a test or what...or just that you are sooo bored and all?..;) and I noticed you also requested darla and friends to be your friend...damn ya are a true politician...lol

LadyT
05-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah Damo,

That was pretty bad.

Damocles
05-05-2008, 11:45 AM
You requested that I become your friend...then when I hit accepted...it was not accepted...I think Kathianne had the same problemo...is this a test or what...or just that you are sooo bored and all?..;) and I noticed you also requested darla and friends to be your friend...damn ya are a true politician...lol
You need to put a checkmark in the box right next to my avatar, then hit the accept button. If you don't select it, it doesn't know "which" friend you are accepting.

I guess it thinks we'll all be real popular.

Cancel7
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
You need to put a checkmark in the box right next to my avatar, then hit the accept button. If you don't select it, it doesn't know "which" friend you are accepting.

I guess it thinks we'll all be real popular.

Damo how could you ask me to be friends if you’re going to ask Darla too. Somebody call the WAHbulance!

Battleborne
05-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Damo how could you ask me to be friends if you’re going to ask Darla too. Somebody call the WAHbulance!

so you are now going to vote McCain...this is his way of doing politics...!:cof1:

LadyT
05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
LOL, I just requested a bunch of people be my friend. I don't even know what that means.

LadyT
05-05-2008, 12:07 PM
I was just posting a message on Cypress' profile when I came across this: "Cypress has not made any friends yet"

LOL - Damo, you've opened up a can of worms.

Damocles
05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
I was just posting a message on Cypress' profile when I came across this: "Cypress has not made any friends yet"

LOL - Damo, you've opened up a can of worms.
lol.

I didn't do it! It was just part of the software this time...

Battleborne
05-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I have one friend...damo...why am I not surprised...!:cof1: Because he owns the board...and is a politician?

Damocles
05-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I have one friend...damo...why am I not surprised...!:cof1: Because he owns the board...and is a politician?
I thought it showed how fearless I was to associate with people I like. I guess if you want to find a negative in everything...

Battleborne
05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I thought it showed how fearless I was to associate with people I like. I guess if you want to find a negative in everything...

Naw...was just jerking your chain...I know ya are a for real guy...just trying to distance so the other super libs won't distance from ya...or not...what the hell do I know anyhoo...this is cyberspace!:cof1:

Cancel7
05-05-2008, 12:37 PM
LOL, I just requested a bunch of people be my friend. I don't even know what that means.

What does it mean Damo? I don’t understand any of these things, or how you post something, or what happens when someone posts something on my profile. I’m too busy at work to keep up with all of these new-fangled things, so nobody be offended if I don’t answer your messages…chances are I haven’t figured out how to, or haven’t seen it. Unless, you know, you’re a republican. Plus, anyone I want to be “friends”, and there aren’t many, I already talk to in PM.

Damocles
05-05-2008, 12:38 PM
What does it mean Damo? I don’t understand any of these things, or how you post something, or what happens when someone posts something on my profile. I’m too busy at work to keep up with all of these new-fangled things, so nobody be offended if I don’t answer your messages…chances are I haven’t figured out how to, or haven’t seen it. Unless, you know, you’re a republican. Plus, anyone I want to be “friends”, and there aren’t many, I already talk to in PM.
Just easier to find them to send messages, etc. It also puts a little + symbol next to their name on the "Who's Online" area...

LadyT
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM

I just posted a message on your profile!

I Don't know why I'm so amused by this.

Cypress
05-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I just posted a message on your profile!

I Don't know why I'm so amused by this.

Good lord, I just checked out this new fangled profile page. Stop stalking me Tiana!.....

Okay, you can stalk me.

I don't know how all that crap works, but I'll check it out.

LadyT
05-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Good lord, I just checked out this new fangled profile page. Stop stalking me Tiana!.....

Okay, you can stalk me.

I don't know how all that crap works, but I'll check it out.

LOL, I've been stalking everyone since Damo added all the new stuff. That reminds me, I'm going to stalk Damo so I can steal profile page ideas.

Cancel7
05-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Just easier to find them to send messages, etc. It also puts a little + symbol next to their name on the "Who's Online" area...

Damo when Tiana and I are talking on the profile part, (because she keeps bugging me there lol) can other people read those, or is it just between her and I?

FUCK THE POLICE
05-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Damo when Tiana and I are talking on the profile part, (because she keeps bugging me there lol) can other people read those, or is it just between her and I?

It's between you and her.

Epicurus
05-05-2008, 01:24 PM
It's between you and her.

lol

Cancel7
05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
lol

Hmm. I am starting to think that Water’s answer was not entirely on the up and up.

Epicurus
05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Hmm. I am starting to think that Water’s answer was not entirely on the up and up.

Hold on. Let me stalk your profile and I'll find out.

Damocles
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
No, those are open. You should be able to delete messages on your own profile though.

Diuretic
05-05-2008, 08:33 PM
'I don't need no stinking badge' stolen from a oldies movie...'Treasure of the Sierra Madres'...Where is Baretta when you need him...never mind he took a long ride on his...Electro-Guide Blue....! a tricked out Harley!:rolleyes:

I remember that film. The opening scene where the supervisor is swearing at the cops on parade and telling them this is how they'll be treated by hippie demonstrators! :clink:

"ElectraGlide in Blue" I think it was.

LadyT
05-07-2008, 06:05 AM
I love the message in a bottle PM notification btw!

uscitizen
05-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Just reminds you of bottleborne.

FUCK THE POLICE
05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I remember that film. The opening scene where the supervisor is swearing at the cops on parade and telling them this is how they'll be treated by hippie demonstrators! :clink:

"ElectraGlide in Blue" I think it was.

Diuretic, you are like the most awesome cop in existence.

Damocles
05-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Don't say "cop" Darla hates them, and won't date them.

Cancel7
05-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Don't say "cop" Darla hates them, and won't date them.

I don't hate cops.

Damocles
05-08-2008, 07:28 AM
I don't hate cops.
LOL. You rock.

LadyT
05-08-2008, 09:46 AM
she won't date them though!!!!!

Cancel7
05-08-2008, 09:48 AM

That's true. I only date brillant left-wingers with very little earning potential.

uscitizen
05-08-2008, 10:52 AM
:D

FUCK THE POLICE
05-11-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm a brilliant left-winger with very little earning potential until I get my engineering degree. :clink:

Diuretic
05-11-2008, 02:08 AM

My boss disagrees with you but I agree with you :clink:

Diuretic
05-11-2008, 02:10 AM

Very wise. Most of us are cheap bastards.

Damocles
05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Iforgottotestthisoutandseeifmycustombbcodestillwor ksaftertheupgrade

Iforgottotestthisoutandseeifmycustombbcodestillwor ksaftertheupgrade

FUCK THE POLICE
05-11-2008, 10:52 PM
/strike no it doesn't ZOMG unslashstraike

FUCK THE POLICE
05-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh I see

Thorn
05-12-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm a brilliant left-winger with very little earning potential until I get my engineering degree. :clink:

I thought you were planning to go to law school! When did this change? Ah, the joys of the academic candy store you find in college. :)

FUCK THE POLICE
05-13-2008, 02:56 AM
I thought you were planning to go to law school! When did this change? Ah, the joys of the academic candy store you find in college. :)

Oh, I can still move on to law, but I'm thinking about dropping it, since I won't get anymore money. + I'm so forgetful and I think I'll be sued for malpractice for forgetting some basic but extremely important legal doctrine.

Diuretic
05-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Oh, I can still move on to law, but I'm thinking about dropping it, since I won't get anymore money. + I'm so forgetful and I think I'll be sued for malpractice for forgetting some basic but extremely important legal doctrine.

Be a barrister in New South Wales. They can't be sued for negligence. I'm serious.

Damocles
05-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Lawyer/Engineer. You can sue people who make crappy buildings and make a mint.

Like the lawyer/doctor combo.

Minister of Truth
05-13-2008, 05:43 PM
I would totally go engineer if I could do math! Of course, I would have ditched the College of Arts altogether if I could do math and hit the College of Sciences at the very least...

FUCK THE POLICE
05-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Lawyer/Engineer. You can sue people who make crappy buildings and make a mint.

Like the lawyer/doctor combo.

LOL.

In truth, the undergraduate part has nothing to do with the law degree, anymore than a history major who goes onto law school is a lawyer/historian who can only practice law whenever it has to do with history.

I'm double majoring in English and engineering though.

FUCK THE POLICE
05-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Be a barrister in New South Wales. They can't be sued for negligence. I'm serious.

LOL.

I'm just an extremely, extremely forgetful person, and it's not a good idea to place me in a position where foregetfullness can cost millions.

Or maybe I'm just worrying about it too much and it's no big deal.

Epicurus
05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm just an extremely, extremely forgetful person, and it's not a good idea to place me in a position where foregetfullness can cost millions.

You should try not to say that in job interviews.

FUCK THE POLICE
05-13-2008, 11:12 PM
You should try not to say that in job interviews.

I'm an artist and a thinker and I'm very forgetful.

You can only have two of the three, unfortunately.

Damocles
05-13-2008, 11:13 PM
LOL.

In truth, the undergraduate part has nothing to do with the law degree, anymore than a history major who goes onto law school is a lawyer/historian who can only practice law whenever it has to do with history.

I'm double majoring in English and engineering though.
However your understanding of the subject isn't lost. The ability to understand what mistakes a doctor makes would be enhanced by the fact that you practice it. The same with Engineering.

FUCK THE POLICE
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Well, in engineering, my forgetfullness doesn't really matter that much. If I stick something wrong in the compiler, it's easy to spot, and I just head right back and fix it.

I may come up with brilliant ways to argue the case if everything I'm saying is correct, but unless someone looks over it, it's likely to not make much sense, in a nice sounding manner.

LadyT
05-14-2008, 12:39 PM
I like love strikethroughs.

Marquee's are cool too

Minister of Truth
05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
I like love strikethroughs.

Marquee's are cool too

They are awesome. And I did once base an entire troll off of the marquee feature, so it shows through...

LadyT
05-16-2008, 01:21 PM
They are awesome. And I did once base an entire troll off of the marquee feature, so it shows through...

I remember Marquee.

Were you Dash too?
Those were funny.

Minister of Truth
05-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I remember Marquee.

Were you Dash too?
Those were funny.

No. My only other major success was LSD(R), which was a parody of Brent's LDS(R), but I lost the password after only a few posts. Nevertheless, it was enough to get a general round of applause and horror from Brent. :cool:

Most of my trolls were childish, like Mainewoman. Reformer was my bigtime liberal atheist that was hit and miss...

LadyT
05-20-2008, 07:03 AM
No. My only other major success was LSD(R), which was a parody of Brent's LDS(R), but I lost the password after only a few posts. Nevertheless, it was enough to get a general round of applause and horror from Brent. :cool:

Most of my trolls were childish, like Mainewoman. Reformer was my bigtime liberal atheist that was hit and miss...

I thought dash had the best one liner when I clicked on his/her post....."What'd you expect?"

Marquee was good too.

I didn't think any of my trolls were really that funny though.

Minister of Truth
05-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Which trolls were yours? Some of my all-time favorite trolls (not mine) were JOSEF (along with believer!, beliver! and JOSEF_THE_GREENY), God/Allah/Ahura_Mazda, bumper, Irony_Police, original BeefyBastard, toby (along with Tobys_mom, toby's_goat and toebee), $$RichRepublican$$, ¢¢PoorDemocrat¢¢, dicksie, ACoolTroll, Agnosticus_CaesarV2.0, Darth_Liberal, Ib1yysguyy, Mr.Troll, Skinheads_Mommy and liberaldano.

Remember, I'm the guy who created the Troll Hall of Fame. I will always wonder if Brent blackmailed SR into blocking me out of my LSD® account, because I managed to "forget" the password very early on, but not before I'd had some serious laughs. But it could have gone much farther than it did...

Damocles
05-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Which trolls were yours? Some of my all-time favorite trolls (not mine) were JOSEF (along with believer!, beliver! and JOSEF_THE_GREENY), God/Allah/Ahura_Mazda, bumper, Irony_Police, original BeefyBastard, toby (along with Tobys_mom, toby's_goat and toebee), $$RichRepublican$$, ¢¢PoorDemocrat¢¢, dicksie, ACoolTroll, Agnosticus_CaesarV2.0, Darth_Liberal, Ib1yysguyy, Mr.Troll, Skinheads_Mommy and liberaldano.

Remember, I'm the guy who created the Troll Hall of Fame. I will always wonder if Brent blackmailed SR into blocking me out of my LSD® account, because I managed to "forget" the password very early on, but not before I'd had some serious laughs. But it could have gone much farther than it did...
Skinhead's Mommy was a classic.

I was Ahura_Mazda...

Minister of Truth
05-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Skinhead's Mommy was a classic.

I was Ahura_Mazda...

Then you were involved in my favorite thread of all-time, when you debated with God and Allah!

http://www.fullpolitics.com/viewthread.php?tid=3936#pid93103

Damocles
05-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Josef used to crack me up.

uscitizen
05-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Alas God has abandoned this board......

Minister of Truth
05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Josef used to crack me up.

Josef was the first troll inducted into the Hall of Fame. :clink: