PDA

View Full Version : Million Dollar Wedding

MAGA MAN
10-29-2018, 07:21 AM
My wife went to a conference over the weekend at a large hotel near Charlotte. Many of the wedding guests were staying on the same floor as her suite. The first night the hall was filled with the guests having an impromptu prayer. She talked to some of the guests later and found out a few details.

Over 500 attendees, most flew in from India.
Lasts five days.
Hindu ceremony, groom rides in on a horse. Dressed like Aladdin!
An Elephant is one of the guests (inside the hotel).
Venue cost alone was $250,000. Add in room costs, airfare....

The amount of gold and silk fabrics, sheer amount of jewelry, intense colors and display of sheer opulence was amazing.

Irish Exit
10-29-2018, 08:34 AM
Explains why my telemarketing call volumes have gone up :awesome:

I was a groomsman in a wedding near Wilmington DE that was pretty insane. The couple couldn't afford all that they had. A lot of it was gifted to them from some well-heeled family friends. One donated the use of an ubber blue blood golf course. Another gifted an insane fireworks show. Another the reception complete with smaller wedding cakes on every table. TBH, I would have rather it had been a lot lot less, but wasn't my wedding. It was a very uncomfortable situation for the groom though. He just kept his mouth shut and got through it.

Jack
10-29-2018, 08:54 AM
My wife went to a conference over the weekend at a large hotel near Charlotte. Many of the wedding guests were staying on the same floor as her suite. The first night the hall was filled with the guests having an impromptu prayer. She talked to some of the guests later and found out a few details.

Lasts five days.

The amount of gold and silk fabrics, sheer amount of jewelry, intense colors and display of sheer opulence was amazing.

Jesus! DS. Sometimes you sound so effeminate ... I just don't know WHAT to think anymore. (shaking head)

Grugore
10-29-2018, 11:02 AM

Lasts five days.

Isn't this where some liberal usually says something about the greedy rich and how many meals for the homeless that money would have bought?

MAGA MAN
10-29-2018, 12:40 PM
Jesus! DS. Sometimes you sound so effeminate ... I just don't know WHAT to think anymore. (shaking head)

Its so funny how you attempt to assign your proclivities to me. :rofl2:

Jack
10-29-2018, 02:01 PM
Its so funny how you attempt to assign your proclivities to me. :rofl2:

I believe ... this is what they call ... 'Deflection'.

(I'm going to get with USF and try to clear this up)

MAGA MAN
10-29-2018, 02:40 PM
I believe ... this is what they call ... 'Deflection'.

(I'm going to get with USF and try to clear this up)

Ax him about "irony" while you're at it.

Jack
10-29-2018, 06:16 PM
Ax him about "irony" while you're at it.

OK. I'll ax him.

Marquezine
11-17-2018, 08:01 AM
But what madness! There are cultures that take so much importance that they spend even what they do not possess in order to pay tribute to something that does not exist and that only remains in nothingness. The commitment is with your partner, should not you spend that money on that person and something that both can enjoy instead of a one day celebration? It's crazy!