PDA

View Full Version : I DO NOT BELIEVE ANY GODS EXIST...AND...

Frank Apisa
10-21-2018, 03:21 AM
...I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE ARE NO GODS.

Comments welcome.

Lightbringer
10-21-2018, 03:27 AM

Comments welcome.

That's a bold strategy, let's see if it works out for you.

Frank Apisa
10-21-2018, 03:52 AM
That's a bold strategy, let's see if it works out for you.

Not all that bold...but I've mentioned it in other fora...and it almost always ends up a very interesting thread. Lots of discussion.

Cypress
10-21-2018, 08:52 AM
I do not know what the answer is Frank.

I am remined however of one of the most famous passages from world literature, in which the existence of God is debated.

In Dostoyevsky's "Brothers Karamazov", Ivan Karamazov does not outright deny the existence of God. But, he refutes him in the context of a moral principle. In effect, he puts God on trial, and concludes that since an all-powerful God nevertheless allows the suffering and abuse of innocent children to exist, then God is unacceptable -- and the moral dimension of justice should prevail and replace the principle of salvation and faith in an incomprehensible God.

"It's not God that I don't accept, Alyosha, only I most respectfully return him the ticket.” - Ivan Karamazov in "The Brothers Karamazov" Fyodor Dostoyevsky

NiftyNiblick
10-21-2018, 09:00 AM
At the end of the day, Frank, I don't really care.
I can see from general observation that no gods exist who merit being worshipped.
One would expect to see gods doing a much better job before that would happen.

What I do care about is theocracy, and I hate it.
I don't want anybody's gods influencing the law of the land.
I don't even approve of the "In God We Trust" motto.
The "we" is inaccurately presumptive.

MAGA MAN
10-21-2018, 09:12 AM

Comments welcome.

Tick tock...

countryboy
10-21-2018, 09:55 AM

Comments welcome.

Congratulations.

Marquezine
11-17-2018, 08:03 AM
While it is acceptable to doubt existence, now you must justify your answer. You can not affirm something without having arguments that are coherent. An anti-religious says it.

Frank Apisa
11-17-2018, 10:30 AM
While it is acceptable to doubt existence, now you must justify your answer.

To whom are you addressing this comment?

If, by chance, to me...what makes you think I doubt "existence?"

You can not affirm something without having arguments that are coherent.

Really?

I'm pretty sure I can confirm that you will fall to Earth if thrown from a hoovering helicopter sans parachute...without giving any arguments, coherent or not.

An anti-religious says it.

I have no idea of what you mean here. It is not coherent.

Adolf_Twitler
11-17-2018, 10:37 AM
In heaven there is no beer.........

Well! Fuck it then! LOL!

evince
11-17-2018, 10:40 AM
While it is acceptable to doubt existence, now you must justify your answer. You can not affirm something without having arguments that are coherent. An anti-religious says it.

there is no proof that this ancient myth is reality

evince
11-17-2018, 10:45 AM
if you believe in god that is fine with me

I found no reason to FORCE my self to believe the unfounded myth

many world religions have really good philosophies in them

being good to your fellow man is a wise way to live

Its the logical thing to do

some need an all seeing policeman to keep them on that tract.

so they believe there is one by believing in god

if it makes you a better human being then fine

If you USE your beliefs to warrant harming others then you are a problem for mankind

and we will take care of that problem

jimmymccready
11-17-2018, 11:37 AM
I love it when the hard core antiGodists start ranting.

davidpratt
12-31-2018, 02:55 AM
I DO NOT BELIEVE ANY GODS EXIST...AND.. i just want to keep living in the frame of my own intellect. I fail to understand that i can't fit the universe into my silly little logic. I see everything around me that i know couldn't have been created without a creator but i will keep on living in denial to satisfy my ego.

Frank Apisa
12-31-2018, 06:07 AM
I DO NOT BELIEVE ANY GODS EXIST...AND.. i just want to keep living in the frame of my own intellect. I fail to understand that i can't fit the universe into my silly little logic. I see everything around me that i know couldn't have been created without a creator but i will keep on living in denial to satisfy my ego.

YOU do know a god exists, I suppose.

And YOU know it is a god that cares about what humans do and do not do?

YOU know it is a god that can be pleased by humans...and can be offended by them?

YOU know that "everything around" was "created"...by something that was "not created?"

And YOU speak of other people being in denial to satisfy their egos??????????

I hope 2019 is a great one for you, David. I hope it brings enlightenment and peace and contentment for you.

12-31-2018, 06:12 AM
God bless you Frank...a good year wish for you and yours...stay away from that clinic in Saddle Brook....

Frank Apisa
12-31-2018, 06:21 AM
God bless you Frank...a good year wish for you and yours...stay away from that clinic in Saddle Brook....

Thank you for asking your "god" to "bless" me, TOP. May Zeus "bless" you, too...whatever that means.

I hope that 2019 brings you and yours...peace, contentment and good health.

I know there is a Saddle Brook somewhere in North Jersey...but not sure where. I've never been there...so no reason for you to worry about me being there.

12-31-2018, 06:29 AM
Thank you for asking your "god" to "bless" me, TOP. May Zeus "bless" you, too...whatever that means.

I hope that 2019 brings you and yours...peace, contentment and good health.

I know there is a Saddle Brook somewhere in North Jersey...but not sure where. I've never been there...so no reason for you to worry about me being there. Glad the clinic is far away....
You are welcome....all the same to you and yours....
I'll take Zeus over his brother Hades Every day;)

PostmodernProphet
12-31-2018, 06:41 AM
Frank is an odd-gnostic.......