PDA

View Full Version : You Have 4586 Unread Posts

Little-Acorn
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
...that's what it says at the top of my screen right now, just under the banner. The number is usually in the 3,000-5,000 range, varies wildly.

Not very useful info. Anyone have a use for this? If not, Damo can it be changed to something like "NNN new posts have been added since your last visit"?

uscitizen
04-24-2008, 09:22 AM
better get to readin then.

Damocles
04-24-2008, 09:25 AM
...that's what it says at the top of my screen right now, just under the banner. The number is usually in the 3,000-5,000 range, varies wildly.

Not very useful info. Anyone have a use for this? If not, Damo can it be changed to something like "NNN new posts have been added since your last visit"?
LOL. It would be exactly the same information.

Little-Acorn
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL. It would be exactly the same information.

???

Four-thousand-plus new posts have been put on this board since yesterday???

???

Other boards I'm on, post this info. It's usually a few dozen posts since I last logged on, occasionally a hundred if the board has been really busy.

I was wondering if this BBS software had that option too, is all.

Damocles
04-24-2008, 11:04 AM
???

Four-thousand-plus new posts have been put on this board since yesterday???

???

Other boards I'm on, post this info. It's usually a few dozen posts since I last logged on, occasionally a hundred if the board has been really busy.

I was wondering if this BBS software had that option too, is all.
It is a running tally. If you don't care about it, click the "mark as read" link at the bottom of the forum.

I use this all the time, and will continue to do so.

LadyT
04-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I can't find it. I hate that count too.

Damocles
04-24-2008, 11:09 AM
It's on the index. So, go to the home page of the forum.

Little-Acorn
04-24-2008, 11:13 AM

Found it. It's "Mark Forums Read", about halfway down the main page, at the bottom of the list of categories.

And now it says "You Have No Unread Posts".

:clink:

LadyT
04-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Found it. It's "Mark Forums Read", about halfway down the main page, at the bottom of the list of categories.

found it

Damocles
04-24-2008, 11:32 AM
You can also find it in the "Quick Links" drop-down on the navbar.

Cancel 2016.2
04-24-2008, 11:40 AM
better get to readin then.

Why should he bother.... we all know that 4232 of those posts are you saying something completely off topic.

:pke:

Beefy
05-01-2008, 02:20 AM

Lightweights. Just double click the icon to the right of the catergory (General Politics, Current events...) and it marks the forums as read.

Lightweights. I resign as mod, and suddenly these miniscule little non-issues are all over the internets. Grind's not carrying his weight at all. At. All.

Little-Acorn
05-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Lightweights. Just double click the icon to the right of the catergory (General Politics, Current events...) and it marks the forums as read.

Lightweights. I resign as mod, and suddenly these miniscule little non-issues are all over the internets. Grind's not carrying his weight at all. At. All.

After some of the avatars he's put up, he calls us "lightweights".

Talk about saying nothing at all...... :rolleyes:

LadyT
05-02-2008, 10:35 AM

I know Beefy. Grind is out of control. I'm going to draft you to be board mod again.