PDA

View Full Version : the philosophy of serial groaners

evince
09-30-2018, 07:11 PM
what do they believe they are gaining by spending all their time here groaning mass posts?

what real effect do they believe they are creating?

exactly what punishment do they believe they are imparting on the posters they target?

its part of the reason I decided never to groan (or neg rep on some sites)

It just seems so completely meaningless

Cypress
09-30-2018, 07:31 PM
I will let the psychologists sort it out as to whether it stems from resentment, petty grievance, OCD, or other psychological afflictions.

I believe it should be considered a cry for help.

evince
09-30-2018, 07:44 PM
at least when they are groaning they are not posting piles of stupid

maybe its to keep the idiots occupied

Jack
09-30-2018, 07:44 PM
what do they believe they are gaining by spending all their time here groaning mass posts?

exactly what punishment do they believe they are imparting on the posters they target?

Instead of moaning and crying by themselves, they come here and cry and moan so others can see their pathetic lives.

Like, just the other day, ... I saw Dark Soul take Free 911 underwear, put it on his head, then run in circles screaming about Kavanaugh. It was sad. Maybe Dementia?

evince
09-30-2018, 07:46 PM
small toys for slow children

Jade Dragon
09-30-2018, 07:51 PM

Poor Tom.

USFREEDOM911
09-30-2018, 07:51 PM
Instead of moaning and crying by themselves, they come here and cry and moan so others can see their pathetic lives.

Like, just the other day, ... I saw Dark Soul take Free 911 underwear, put it on his head, then run in circles screaming about Kavanaugh. It was sad. Maybe Dementia?

But he did you a favor, by pulling them out of your mouth; before you could swallow them. :laugh:

Lightbringer
09-30-2018, 07:54 PM

So, you care a lot more about Groans than you let on?

domer76
09-30-2018, 07:58 PM
Poor Tom.

He’s the Queen of Groans, for sure.

Lightbringer
09-30-2018, 07:59 PM

Nope. Watermark is the King of Groans.

Jack
09-30-2018, 08:01 PM
But he did you a favor, by pulling them out of your mouth; before you could swallow them. :laugh:

He was probably just being silly, but, hey, who knows. 'A mind is a terrible thing to lose'.

USFREEDOM911
09-30-2018, 08:03 PM
He was probably just being silly, but, hey, who knows. 'A mind is a terrible thing to lose'.

And you're living proof of that; if you can call what you're doing, as living. :laugh:

ThatOwlWoman
09-30-2018, 08:03 PM

For real. I've had the tard on ignore since forever, which he knows, yet he still feels pathologically compelled to follow me around and park groans on my posts. Attention whoring at its 2nd finest.... his buttbuddy Toxic is #1.

USFREEDOM911
09-30-2018, 08:04 PM
For real. I've had the tard on ignore since forever, which he knows, yet he still feels pathologically compelled to follow me around and park groans on my posts. Attention whoring at its 2nd finest.... his buttbuddy Toxic is #1.

WINNER / WINNER
CHICKEN DINNER

:laugh:

ThatOwlWoman
09-30-2018, 08:06 PM
How sad, how unread.....

Today, 10:04 PM
USFREAKDOM
MAKE AMERICA MASTURBATE AGAIN

This message is hidden because this useless tard is on your ignore list.

Lightbringer
09-30-2018, 08:11 PM
How sad, how unread.....

USFREAKDOM

Methinks you doth complain too much.

Leonthecat
09-30-2018, 08:13 PM
I have never groaned anyone, ever.

ThatOwlWoman
09-30-2018, 08:17 PM
I have never groaned anyone, ever.

Same here.

Jade Dragon
09-30-2018, 08:24 PM

I was even working with him in discussion. I didn't call him obsessed once, and I stated the exact science of trees thriving off of CO2. I did like he asked, and he still groans. Apparently everything is just confirmation bias, since doing what he asks, but not agreeing with him is a big no no. https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?103936-Rising-CO2-levels-are-re-GREENING-the-Earth-with-huge-gains-in-forest-coverage&p=2632764#post2632764 Next time I'll just say the trees are thriving off his hot air.

Lightbringer
09-30-2018, 08:27 PM
I was even working with him in discussion. I didn't call him obsessed once, and I stated the exact science of trees thriving off of CO2. I did like he asked, and he still groans. Apparently everything is just confirmation bias, since doing what he asks, but not agreeing with him is a big no no. https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?103936-Rising-CO2-levels-are-re-GREENING-the-Earth-with-huge-gains-in-forest-coverage&p=2632764#post2632764 Next time I'll just say the trees are thriving off his hot air.

I just read the link and I'm surprised he Groaned that.

Jade Dragon
09-30-2018, 08:40 PM
I just read the link and I'm surprised he Groaned that.

It might be a force of habit for him. I actually thought I was sort of agreeing with him, because it was a rare point worth discussing from him. He doesn't seem to want to discuss it like he said. He just wants to tout climate change as a hoax, and find people to agree with him. I was a little tiffed I even put the effort in. Next time I'll know better.

Lightbringer
09-30-2018, 08:43 PM
It might be a force of habit for him. I actually thought I was sort of agreeing with him, because it was a rare point worth discussing from him. He doesn't seem to want to discuss it like he said. He just wants to tout climate change as a hoax, and find people to agree with him. I was a little tiffed I even put the effort in. Next time I'll know better.

I had the same impression. I thought you two were on your way to a good conversation and then...Groan.

Well, I can't speak for him and Lord knows I've done my fair share of fucking with him but yeah...maybe he thought the fix was in. I thought you made a really good point about the trees.

USFREEDOM911
09-30-2018, 08:50 PM
How sad, how unread.....

USFREAKDOM

WINNER / WINNER
CHICKEN DINNER

:laugh:

Lightbringer
09-30-2018, 09:53 PM
Yummmmm.......chicken.

Jade Dragon
10-01-2018, 03:31 AM
Methinks you doth complain too much.

There's a reason behind the attitude that makes it understandable, but I'm going to save you from the drama. Stay away from the Top, and Mason (or whatever his name is now) drama for your own sanity.

Lightbringer
10-01-2018, 03:32 AM
There's a reason behind the attitude that makes it understandable, but I'm going to save you from the drama. Stay away from the Top, and Mason (or whatever his name is now) drama for your own sanity.

I went insane a long time ago.

Painkillers are a bitch. For your own sanity stay away from them.

RB 60
10-01-2018, 03:42 AM

CRYING FOWL!!!

10-01-2018, 05:51 AM
CRYING FOWL!!!The serial thankers (aka The Rubber Stampers) are the real "winners" around here;)

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2018, 06:01 AM

It just seems so completely meaningless Sorry Desh...I couldn’t help myself. ;)

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2018, 06:18 AM
I will let the psychologists sort it out as to whether it stems from resentment, petty grievance, OCD, or other psychological afflictions.

I believe it should be considered a cry for help.i don’t know about that. I can remember taking great satisfaction from getting groaned by Topspin. LOL

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2018, 06:19 AM
at least when they are groaning they are not posting piles of stupid

maybe its to keep the idiots occupied

True dat.

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2018, 06:21 AM
So, you care a lot more about Groans than you let on?I do. I take groans from certain members as a compliment. :)

Jade Dragon
10-01-2018, 07:42 AM
I went insane a long time ago.

Painkillers are a bitch. For your own sanity stay away from them.

I have had bouts with kidney stones, and for the most part I don't like using them. A heating pad works better. I only took them if I had something significantly important to do.

PoliTalker
10-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I don't get the groaning thing.

I guess there have been a couple of times I had the urge to groan a post, but then I always thought: Sheesh. It's so negative. What's the point? And do I really want to spoil a perfect record for that post? So I never did it.

I don't groan people - I just put 'em on Ignore. I don't do that lightly, but if I don't see a possible future of civil exchange with a poster they need to go on Ignore. The fact that I have this extra rule that Ignore is permanent causes me to make absolutely certain every time I have to do that.

I do get groaned. But it occurs to me that if I am saying controversial enough stuff, that is to be expected.

And I also see that a lot of the groans I get? They come from people I have placed on Ignore - as if that is all they are reduced to.

So I don't worry about how many groans I get. They can almost be treated as a badge of honor.

evince
10-01-2018, 09:11 AM
So, you care a lot more about Groans than you let on?

I never use that option

I do use the thanks part all the time

well I was taking a moment to tell the groaners how silly I think they are

why does it frost your balls?

Lightbringer
10-01-2018, 09:12 AM
I never use that option

I do use the thanks part all the time

well I was taking a moment to tell the groaners how silly I think they are

why does it frost your balls?

I'm not the one who was complaining about it.

I removed those joke Groans by the way :)

evince
10-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Nope. Watermark is the King of Groans.

Lightbringer
10-01-2018, 09:14 AM

This was a while ago but Watermark, Yurt and Tom Groaned me like 200 times in 30 minutes. It was epic.

evince
10-01-2018, 09:14 AM

in us911s case its

a mind is a sad thing to never possess

evince
10-01-2018, 09:18 AM
I have had bouts with kidney stones, and for the most part I don't like using them. A heating pad works better. I only took them if I had something significantly important to do.

try lots of marijuana

iolo
10-01-2018, 09:19 AM
when you have nothing coherent to say, I suppose a groan helps you to feel better. I've never groaned at anyone. As I've said before, when I feel that exchanges between myself and another poster just turn in to boring 'you're another' slanging matches, I put them on 'Ignore', which causes, I think, quite a few of the groans I get. If it helps them, good! I genuinely don't notice nowadays.

evince
10-01-2018, 09:20 AM
This was a while ago but Watermark, Yurt and Tom Groaned me like 200 times in 30 minutes. It was epic.

do they call them the devils triangle club

I hear they take turns dressing as the girl

evince
10-01-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm not the one who was complaining about it.

I removed those joke Groans by the way :)

what complaints

I was questing what philosophical motivation they have

Lightbringer
10-01-2018, 09:21 AM
do they call them the devils triangle club

I hear they take turns dressing as the girl

I couldn't say, that is a party I don't ever want to see.

Lightbringer
10-01-2018, 09:22 AM
what complaints

I was questing what philosophical motivation they have

Oh, well, in that case, they're fucking with you because they know you'll talk about it.

evince
10-01-2018, 09:23 AM
when you have nothing coherent to say, I suppose a groan helps you to feel better. I've never groaned at anyone. As I've said before, when I feel that exchanges between myself and another poster just turn in to boring 'you're another' slanging matches, I put them on 'Ignore', which causes, I think, quite a few of the groans I get. If it helps them, good! I genuinely don't notice nowadays.

Oh I don't ignore or ban anyone ever.

I also have never groaned anyone

the groaning at the levels some do here could have them developing a hernia

poor little slow children

iolo
10-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Evince, I've always admired you for that: you have far more patience than I can aspire to.

ThatOwlWoman
10-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Evince, I've always admired you for that: you have far more patience than I can aspire to.

Same here. I don't know how she puts up with some of the tards here. She must take her brain out every evening and sanitize it. lol

Adolf_Twitler
10-01-2018, 09:31 AM
They want their shit stain on everything-

-like Donald Trump does!

PoliTalker
10-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Hello iolo,

I once considered it a source of pride to have nobody on Ignore. I participated in a chat room for over a decade like that until I began to wonder what that was really worth. After pondering the situation a bit, it occurred to me that the people who pooh pooh the Ignore feature the most are often the worst trolls. After that realization I never worried about it again.

evince
10-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Same here. I don't know how she puts up with some of the tards here. She must take her brain out every evening and sanitize it. lol

I make sure I see their posts as an opportunity to impart humor and a perfect chance to REPEAT the actual facts

when one has the FACTS on their side they are happy to repeat those facts endlessly

Lightbringer
10-01-2018, 09:51 AM
I make sure I see their posts as an opportunity to impart humor and a perfect chance to REPEAT the actual facts

when one has the FACTS on their side they are happy to repeat those facts endlessly

You must hate posting then.

Cypress
10-01-2018, 02:57 PM

I consider it a matter of self-control and discipline to not groan any posters. For one thing, I make it a point to generally never read anyone I consider subpar, mediocre, dim witted, offensive, or just mind-numbingly boring. Furthermore, I cannot let anonymous posters who aren't my friends have the slightest chance of eliciting an emotional response from me.

At this point, groans, tepid insults, and impotent slurs and barbs directed at me from message board dupes have no effect on me. None whatsoever. I can't see how it would for any competent adult over the age of 18.