PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Is A Myth, Just Like President Kennedy

Grugore
09-30-2018, 01:31 PM
I was born in 1961, so I was too young to recall the national tragedy that my mother remembered with such shock and dismay. She talked often of presidential assassination that occurred in 1963, and it was clear that it impacted her deeply. You probably already know the president to whom I am referring:

Prior to his election, he had been a boat captain. He was related to a U.S. Senator, Attorney General, ambassador to Great Britain, and the mayor of Boston.

He was elected to Congress in ’47 and was the vice-presidential runner-up in ’56.

He was elected President in ’60.

He was in his thirties when he was president; his wife was a socially prominent twenty-four year old girl at the time of their marriage. She spoke French fluently.

While living in the White House, his wife suffered the loss of a child. His family consisted of three children.

As president, he was deeply involved in civil rights for African Americans.

He was assassinated and shot in the back of the head, on the Friday before a major holiday, while seated beside his wife (she was not injured).

On the day of his assassination, a staffer told him not to go to the event where he was murdered.

Following the assassination, there were insistent claims that the fatal shot must have come from a different direction.

His assassin was born in ’39, and was a southerner who held extremist views.

This assassin was murdered before he could be brought to trial; he was killed by a shooter who used a Colt revolver and fired only one, fatal shot.

After the assassination, he was eventually succeeded by a vice-president who was a southern democrat (and former senator) named Johnson.

Does this president sound familiar? I used to think so too, but I’m not so sure anymore. It turns out that the president I just described is not John F. Kennedy, but Abraham Lincoln. I think that my mother created this piece of fiction by borrowing the details from Lincoln’s personal story. After all, the details I just listed are accurate facts related to Lincoln. How could they also be true of Kennedy? I think my mom has been lying to me all along.

Well it turns out that both Lincoln and Kennedy share these common characteristics, and while this seems to make them nearly identical on paper, you and I know how different the two men really were. It’s easy to make people sound the same when we are selective about describing similarities and intentionally leave out all the characteristics that distinguish one from the other. Imagine that historians are researching Kennedy 2,000 years from now. Will they doubt his existence simply because Lincoln shared so many similarities? Will “Kennedy Skeptics” deny the historicity of Kennedy because he is so similar to Lincoln? Maybe.

There are lots of skeptics who try to deny the historicity of Jesus just because he allegedly shares some similarities with gods or mythologies that pre-date him. Truth be told, the similarities related to Jesus are more fiction than reality, but even if they were all true (like those I’ve listed related to Kennedy and Lincoln), the mere existence of similarities does not invalidate the historicity of Jesus (or Kennedy, for that matter). If we’re prepared to say that Jesus is a myth just because he shares a few characteristics, we better be ready to tell the world that there was never a president named John F. Kennedy.

J. Warner Wallace is a Cold-Case Detective, a Christian Case Maker, and the author of Cold-Case Christianity and God’s Crime Scene.

domer76
09-30-2018, 01:45 PM
I was born in 1961, so I was too young to recall the national tragedy that my mother remembered with such shock and dismay. She talked often of presidential assassination that occurred in 1963, and it was clear that it impacted her deeply. You probably already know the president to whom I am referring:

Prior to his election, he had been a boat captain. He was related to a U.S. Senator, Attorney General, ambassador to Great Britain, and the mayor of Boston.

He was elected to Congress in ’47 and was the vice-presidential runner-up in ’56.

He was in his thirties when he was president; his wife was a socially prominent twenty-four year old girl at the time of their marriage. She spoke French fluently.

While living in the White House, his wife suffered the loss of a child. His family consisted of three children.

He was assassinated and shot in the back of the head, on the Friday before a major holiday, while seated beside his wife (she was not injured).

On the day of his assassination, a staffer told him not to go to the event where he was murdered.

Following the assassination, there were insistent claims that the fatal shot must have come from a different direction.

This assassin was murdered before he could be brought to trial; he was killed by a shooter who used a Colt revolver and fired only one, fatal shot.

After the assassination, he was eventually succeeded by a vice-president who was a southern democrat (and former senator) named Johnson.

Does this president sound familiar? I used to think so too, but I’m not so sure anymore. It turns out that the president I just described is not John F. Kennedy, but Abraham Lincoln. I think that my mother created this piece of fiction by borrowing the details from Lincoln’s personal story. After all, the details I just listed are accurate facts related to Lincoln. How could they also be true of Kennedy? I think my mom has been lying to me all along.

Well it turns out that both Lincoln and Kennedy share these common characteristics, and while this seems to make them nearly identical on paper, you and I know how different the two men really were. It’s easy to make people sound the same when we are selective about describing similarities and intentionally leave out all the characteristics that distinguish one from the other. Imagine that historians are researching Kennedy 2,000 years from now. Will they doubt his existence simply because Lincoln shared so many similarities? Will “Kennedy Skeptics” deny the historicity of Kennedy because he is so similar to Lincoln? Maybe.

There are lots of skeptics who try to deny the historicity of Jesus just because he allegedly shares some similarities with gods or mythologies that pre-date him. Truth be told, the similarities related to Jesus are more fiction than reality, but even if they were all true (like those I’ve listed related to Kennedy and Lincoln), the mere existence of similarities does not invalidate the historicity of Jesus (or Kennedy, for that matter). If we’re prepared to say that Jesus is a myth just because he shares a few characteristics, we better be ready to tell the world that there was never a president named John F. Kennedy.

J. Warner Wallace is a Cold-Case Detective, a Christian Case Maker, and the author of Cold-Case Christianity and God’s Crime Scene.

:lolup::rofl2:

There are people alive today, including one of JFK's children, dumbfuck, who actually knew him personally. Photos and film clips of him. On and on.

Your Jesus guy, especially the divine one? Not even remotely close.

Lastly, your mom did lie to you stupid fuck. Lincoln was in his 50s when he was President, not his thirties. Kennedy was also not in his 30s.

Your mom also told you that you were smart and would amount to something. Another, even more preposterous lie.

Jack
09-30-2018, 01:51 PM
I did not, and will not, read this post by Grugore. I think, and this is just a guess, just an opinion, but I think Grugore has stopped taking his medication.

Grugore
09-30-2018, 02:02 PM
I did not, and will not, read this post by Grugore. I think, and this is just a guess, just an opinion, but I think Grugore has stopped taking his medication.

I used to have a small amount of respect for you. But after that comment, I just lost it.

Jack
09-30-2018, 02:07 PM
I used to have a small amount of respect for you. But after that comment, I just lost it.

Sir. I will take that as a Compliment!

domer76
09-30-2018, 03:16 PM

He’s a fucking clown.

Lightbringer
09-30-2018, 05:11 PM
nevermind.

Leonthecat
09-30-2018, 05:15 PM
Jesus is a myth.

Kennedy is a legend.

Grugore is a clown.

Lightbringer
09-30-2018, 08:09 PM
I really do try to accept everyone (no, seriously, don't laugh, I really do) but religious people piss me off and this is a perfect example of why. Link Jesus with Kennedy, and Kennedy with Lincoln, then you not only have a Trinity you have one that is American-centric...next thing you know our government is overrun with elitist globalist dirtbags who care way too much about Israel.

Nothing good comes from this.

Grugore
10-06-2018, 02:31 PM
I really do try to accept everyone (no, seriously, don't laugh, I really do) but religious people piss me off and this is a perfect example of why. Link Jesus with Kennedy, and Kennedy with Lincoln, then you not only have a Trinity you have one that is American-centric...next thing you know our government is overrun with elitist globalist dirtbags who care way too much about Israel.

Nothing good comes from this.

Christianity is not a religion. It's a personal relationship with God. Religion has nothing to do with it.

Mason Michaels
10-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Christianity is not a religion. It's a personal relationship with God. Religion has nothing to do with it.

Jesus is LORD

kudzu
10-13-2018, 04:32 AM

There are people alive today, including one of JFK's children, dumbfuck, who actually knew him personally. Photos and film clips of him. On and on.

Lastly, your mom did lie to you stupid fuck. Lincoln was in his 50s when he was President, not his thirties. Kennedy was also not in his 30s.

Your mom also told you that you were smart and would amount to something. Another, even more preposterous lie.

"Lastly, your mom did lie to you stupid fuck. Lincoln was in his 50s when he was President, not his thirties. Kennedy was also not in his 30s."

Good catch....

NiftyNiblick
10-13-2018, 05:28 AM
I was a senior in high school when JFK was assassinated.
I was also an atheist by then.

As for Jesus, he may or may not have existed,
but if he's God, he's sure doing a hell of a job.

Grugore himself would have a hard time fucking things up any worse.

iolo
10-13-2018, 05:33 AM
Jesus and Kennedy were both murdered by the contemporary equivalent of the trumpers.

Mason Michaels
10-19-2018, 08:09 AM

Nonsense

evince
10-19-2018, 08:18 AM

his mom never talked to him of this crap

hes lying

Jesus has historical evidence of his existence

we don't know what he actually said as he never wrote anything down

we only have reports of what jesus said decades after he died.

Jesus definitely inspired people to be better to each other and to value life.

why try to pretend we KNOW exactly what he said

went cant

how about just following his OBVIOUS INTENTS

being kind to living things

BUT NOOOOOOO

they have to force his ideas into the many religions and pretend he was all thiers

I have actually had a claimed Christian tell me he OWNED jesus and that I couldnt talk about him.

they are so brain washed they cant think

Grugore
10-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Nonsense

How is it nonsense? I showed how the same facts can be about two different people. What's really nonsense is someone claiming that Jesus isn't real because certain events in His life bear a passing resemblance to other persons, real or imagined.

evince
10-21-2018, 10:41 AM
there is some historical evidence of the existence of Jesus

there is no evidence any gods or monsters existed or exist

why not just do what jesus obviously wanted

Help your fellow man

You cant be a good christian and support the republican party platform

they are diametrically apposed philosophys