PDA

View Full Version : Kokua Festival

Beefy
04-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Last night was the Kokua festival at the Waikiki Shell, a small venue that looks like a mini Hollywood Bowl.

Dave Matthews was playing just by himself with Tim Reynolds, and my man tore it up. He was drunk too, you could tell by his voice between the songs, but it didn't affect his music. Jack Johnson was awesome too as well as some local bands and singers. Beautiful, awesome evening. Everyone should come out for this thing next year, it was an awesome, awesome night. I'll post some youtube video of it soon.

On another note, my roommate is the greatest living thing in the universe.

Dilloduck
04-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Last night was the Kokua festival at the Waikiki Shell, a small venue that looks like a mini Hollywood Bowl.

Dave Matthews was playing just by himself with Tim Reynolds, and my man tore it up. He was drunk too, you could tell by his voice between the songs, but it didn't affect his music. Jack Johnson was awesome too as well as some local bands and singers. Beautiful, awesome evening. Everyone should come out for this thing next year, it was an awesome, awesome night. I'll post some youtube video of it soon.

Saw bands galore at the Shell '69-'71. Definately a great little place to catch some big names for free at that time. Sounds like it's stayed somewhat similar. That's a good thing these days !

Battleborne
04-20-2008, 06:31 PM

so el beefy...surf is finally up!...with the Hawaiian Princess?

evince
04-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Sounds like Love to me.

I wish I could have been there.

uscitizen
04-20-2008, 08:14 PM
So why the 6 min dating thing a few days ago ?

Beefy
04-20-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm not dating my roommate. I would and I really wish I was, because she's truly one of the greatest people I've ever met, but I'm not dating her - her choice, not mine.

Anyhow, I'm trying to resolve the sound issue with this digital video camera she bought for the concert, and once I do, I'll post youtube shit.

Cancel7
04-21-2008, 05:09 AM

Wow.

I had spaghetti last night.

Beefy
04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Was it good?

Cancel7
04-22-2008, 05:09 AM
Was it good?

I made the sauce, so yes it was.

Beefy are you going to post that video? It sounds so great.

Damocles
04-22-2008, 06:43 AM
I'm not dating my roommate. I would and I really wish I was, because she's truly one of the greatest people I've ever met, but I'm not dating her - her choice, not mine.

Anyhow, I'm trying to resolve the sound issue with this digital video camera she bought for the concert, and once I do, I'll post youtube shit.
This thread is useless without photos.

evince
04-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Yeah lets see pictures of your sauce Darla

Damocles
04-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah lets see pictures of your sauce Darla
Is that what they are calling it now?

evince
04-22-2008, 07:53 AM
LOL

Cancel7