PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Proof for Why You Should Have Faith in the Bible

Grugore
09-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Here it is.
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/march/incredible-proof-for-why-you-should-have-faith-in-the-bible
Now, I realize that you atheists are just itching to TRY to refute this evidence. But you cannot. It is all factual. I realize you must try. After all, it is the will of your father, the Devil. But I ask you. Why do it? Why do you care whether or not someone believes in the Bible? Why do you feel threatened? Are abortion on demand, sodomy, and countless other perversions that important to you?

Well. The evidence I've posted stands on its own if anyone cares to know the truth.

Jack
09-22-2018, 01:22 AM
A Muslim will say the same about the Koran.

Here's a definition for sodomy:
"sod·om·y
ˈsädəmē/Submit
noun
sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation."

What's your big hang-up about getting a blow job?

Mason Michaels
09-22-2018, 07:17 AM
A Muslim will say the same about the Koran.

Here's a definition for sodomy:
"sod·om·y
ˈsädəmē/Submit
noun
sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation."

What's your big hang-up about getting a blow job?

Or giving!

Jack
09-22-2018, 10:47 AM
Or giving!

Well ... (scratching head on this one) I could see why Grugore might not want to GIVE blow jobs, but seriously, what's wrong with GETTING blow jobs?

Wilhelm Zenz
09-22-2018, 11:03 AM
most stories in the jewish old testement and new testement chritan bible were copied from other pagan relgions, little if anything in the bible is true, fairy tales

Jack
09-22-2018, 11:28 AM
most stories in the jewish old testement and new testement chritan bible were copied from other pagan relgions, little if anything in the bible is true, fairy tales

Like the Roman Gods, this is historical stuff. Whether true or not, many people lived and died by their religious beliefs.

"Why Socrates Died: Dispelling the Myths. In 399BC, Socrates was sentenced to death. The charges, as far as we can reconstruct them, were vague: impiety, worshipping new gods, corrupting the young."

hahahaha ... stupid people killing smart people over 'Gods'.

Leonthecat
09-22-2018, 11:29 AM
Here it is.
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/march/incredible-proof-for-why-you-should-have-faith-in-the-bible
Now, I realize that you atheists are just itching to TRY to refute this evidence. But you cannot. It is all factual. I realize you must try. After all, it is the will of your father, the Devil. But I ask you. Why do it? Why do you care whether or not someone believes in the Bible? Why do you feel threatened? Are abortion on demand, sodomy, and countless other perversions that important to you?

Well. The evidence I've posted stands on its own if anyone cares to know the truth.

You are absolutely insane.

Jack
09-22-2018, 12:42 PM
You are absolutely insane.

He's just another person that likes to live in a Fantasy World. He doesn't seem harmful to himself or others, he should be allowed to walk around in his dilution. (of course, that's just my opinion)

Grugore
09-22-2018, 01:13 PM
Still waiting for someone to address what was said in the OP. You can't refute it, so you ignore it. Admit it.

MAGA MAN
09-22-2018, 01:21 PM
Well ... (scratching head on this one) I could see why Grugore might not want to GIVE blow jobs, but seriously, what's wrong with GETTING blow jobs?

How many times have you given one? Or had a dick up your ass?

Jack
09-22-2018, 02:06 PM

You'll have to direct that toward 'Mason Margot', he's the one advocating for 'giving'.

MAGA MAN
09-22-2018, 02:41 PM
You'll have to direct that toward 'Mason Margot', he's the one advocating for 'giving'.

You're the one advocating sodomy earlier. Now you seem to have a problem with it. Odd.

Grugore
09-22-2018, 02:53 PM
You're the one advocating sodomy earlier. Now you seem to have a problem with it. Odd.

It's called doublethink. Too bad school kids no longer read Orwell.

Fentoine Lum
09-22-2018, 02:56 PM
It's called doublethink. Too bad school kids no longer read Orwell.

Tell Betsy DeVos. it may have been taken off the authoritarian theocratic reading list; for rather obvious reasons.

Jack
09-22-2018, 03:26 PM

I have no problem with 'oral sex'. I like it. The religious types are the ones that have the conflicting problem.

Fentoine Lum
09-22-2018, 03:33 PM
I have no problem with 'oral sex'. I like it. The religious types are the ones that have the conflicting problem.

The vast majority of religiosos are really fucked up when it comes to sex, among other things. Look at the "celibate" Catholic priests and leadership. They've got such fucked up views about women they fuck prepubescent boys.

Guno צְבִי
09-22-2018, 03:36 PM

sezz someone who wears plaid skirts

MAGA MAN
09-22-2018, 04:25 PM

How often do you give head?

MAGA MAN
09-22-2018, 04:26 PM
sezz someone who wears plaid skirts

Racist.

Jack
09-22-2018, 05:54 PM
The vast majority of religiosos are really fucked up when it comes to sex, among other things. Look at the "celibate" Catholic priests and leadership. They've got such fucked up views about women they fuck prepubescent boys.

Yeah, well ... when grown men walk around in dresses, that could be a clue.

Wilhelm Zenz
09-22-2018, 07:06 PM
cbn seriously you just used cbn as a source? well there goes all your credibility.. wait you had none to begin with

gfm7175
10-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Here it is.
A 'holy link' is not proof of anything. There are no 'proofs' in religion; religion is an open functional system. Open functional systems do not have the power of 'proof'...

[QUOTE=Grugore;2614475]
Now, I realize that you atheists are just itching to TRY to refute this evidence.
Evidence is not 'proof'... Evidence is simply evidence.

But you cannot. It is all factual.
A 'fact' is not a "universal truth", nor is it a "proof". A 'fact' is shorthand predicate that is accepted by all involved parties. Between you and I (assuming you are also a Christian), "God is real" would be a 'fact'. Between you, I, and some atheist, "God is real" would no longer be a 'fact'; it would return to being an argument.

The thread title itself is a paradox... "Incredible proof for why you should have faith in the Bible" ... You can't prove something that you are believing on faith... So which is it?
1) The Bible can be proven.
2) The Bible is believed on a faith basis.

Religion is defined by philosophy as "an initial circular argument with other arguments stemming from that initial circular argument". That's all religion is... It doesn't even have to be "belief in a god(s)" in order to qualify as a religion... Atheism is a religion... The Big Bang Theory is as religion... The Theory of Abiogenesis is a religion... and so on and so forth...

gfm7175
10-02-2018, 09:05 AM
The thread title itself is a paradox... "Incredible proof for why you should have faith in the Bible" ... You can't prove something that you are believing on faith... So which is it?
1) The Bible can be proven.
2) The Bible is believed on a faith basis.

Religion is defined by philosophy as "an initial circular argument with other arguments stemming from that initial circular argument". That's all religion is... It doesn't even have to be "belief in a god(s)" in order to qualify as a religion... Atheism is a religion... The Big Bang Theory is as religion... The Theory of Abiogenesis is a religion... and so on and so forth...

I should correct myself... I meant to say "You can't prove something that you can only believe on a faith basis". --- One can, however, believe on a faith basis, something than can/has be(en) proven.

The "is" in the paradox breakdown should may be rephrased "can only be" for better clarity.

Grugore
10-02-2018, 03:49 PM
I should correct myself... I meant to say "You can't prove something that you can only believe on a faith basis". --- One can, however, believe on a faith basis, something than can/has be(en) proven.

The "is" in the paradox breakdown should may be rephrased "can only be" for better clarity.

Read the topic title again. It says proof why you should have faith in the Bible. I listed several proofs of why Scripture is an accurate historical record of actual events. You have failed to refute a single one them...because you can't.

gfm7175
10-02-2018, 03:59 PM
Read the topic title again. It says proof why you should have faith in the Bible.
I read it correctly the first time. There is no proof because religion is an open functional system; religion does not have the power of proof. Plus, if you prove something, then you are not believing it on the basis of faith.

I listed several proofs of why Scripture is an accurate historical record of actual events.
Again, not proofs... You listed supporting evidences...

You have failed to refute a single one them...because you can't.
I'm refuting your fundamentalism; I am not refuting your beliefs. I am a creationist and a Christian myself, so I do agree that the Christian God exists and that the Bible is the true Word of God, but I'm just not a fundamentalist about it.

NiftyNiblick
10-02-2018, 04:04 PM
God is real because the Bible tells us so.
The Bible is accurate because it's the word of God.

Does anybody see a problem with this?

Lightbringer
10-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Here it is.

Nothing you posted, in writing, suggests Jesus was Divine. I didn't watch the videos.

gfm7175
10-03-2018, 10:30 AM
God is real because the Bible tells us so.
The Bible is accurate because it's the word of God.

Does anybody see a problem with this?

Not in the slightest, Nifty, and I will explain why there is no problem with that.

You were most likely taught in school that circular reasoning is always a logical fallacy. Well, you were taught wrong...

Circular reasoning (P, therefore P) is actually logically valid reasoning in and of itself. This is because the conclusion follows from the predicate(s). It follows through the proof of identity. Another (more commonly used) word for circular reasoning is "faith".

Where the 'circular reasoning fallacy' comes into play is when one tries to prove their religion (because they either ignore or don't recognize the circular nature of their argument). This is what fundamentalism is.

Hopefully that clears things up.

NiftyNiblick
10-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Not in the slightest, Nifty, and I will explain why there is no problem with that.

You were most likely taught in school that circular reasoning is always a logical fallacy. Well, you were taught wrong...

Hmm, and imagine my thinking that all of those highly published PHD scholars were smarter than somebody who believes in a magic man in the sky.
Did circular reasoning serve you well with your SAT scores?

Believe what you want.
It's clearly your right.
Just don't try to stick that bullshit into the laws of the land.
Our nation is either a secular republic or it's a shithole whose time has come and gone.

gfm7175
10-03-2018, 02:14 PM
I like how you cut off the rest of my post which explained WHY circular reasoning is not always a logical fallacy... I also like how you didn't directly address any of that reasoning that I provided you with. I suppose it opposes what you WANT to believe... pitty...

So, given that, you obviously have zero interest in learning how logic actually works. I'll still directly address your response anyway, for shits and giggles...

Hmm, and imagine my thinking that all of those highly published PHD scholars were smarter than somebody who believes in a magic man in the sky.
Appeal to Authority fallacy with some bigotry sprinkled on top.

Did circular reasoning serve you well with your SAT scores?
Red herring attempt ignored.

Believe what you want.
It's clearly your right.
Thank you for allowing me to do so.

Just don't try to stick that bullshit into the laws of the land.
Irrelevant.

Our nation is either a secular republic or it's a shithole whose time has come and gone.
Our nation is a federated republic.