PDA

View Full Version : Inconvenient facts

Guno צְבִי
09-20-2018, 10:13 PM
Archaeologists have never found the garden of Eden.
museums full of evidence demonstrate that evolution is how life and human beings came to be. Everything in Genesis that contradicts it is clearly a fraud written by frauds.
There is no archaeological or historical evidence that the Tower of Babel was real. Linguistic evidence would suggest that the world’s languages were diversified long before this story is alleged to have taken place (additionally, no one has ever found the Tower.) Clearly the authors of Genesis were fraudsters.
There is no historical evidence to suggest that Abraham was real.
There is no historical evidence that Joseph was real, that he ever held a position of prominence in Egypt, or that the Hebrews were in Egypt at this time.
There is no Historical evidence that Moses ever lived or that the Hebrews were ever captives in Egypt. Not a single Egyptian record, or for that matter any record of any of their enemies, demonstrate that anything in Exodus to Leviticus is anything but a myth.
There is no historical evidence that Joshua ever existed. Many of the stories surrounding him, including toppling the walls of Jericho are demonstrably false.
The Book of Judges is also resting on sketchy ground. With many historians concurring that this is part of the “mythic” period of Hebrew history.
The many giants, unicorns, Leviathans, and other monsters mentioned in the Bible have not left any archaeological or historical record to supply evidence that they ever existed.
No record of a jesus out side the christian's bible

Jack
09-21-2018, 12:21 AM
Most of the Religious Cults around the world spring from a need to know 'How things began'. Can't blame them for that.
What's odd, what's really baffling, is how many people in the 21st century, brought up in First World countries, still teach their children the Ancient Myths as though they are True.

RB 60
09-21-2018, 03:39 AM
Most of the Religious Cults around the world spring from a need to know 'How things began'. Can't blame them for that.
What's odd, what's really baffling, is how many people in the 21st century, brought up in First World countries, still teach their children the Ancient Myths as though they are True.

http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/09/26/636104905812273029522410039_evolution-005.jpg

If the above image of evolution is correct, it seems guno is still stuck at stage one.

Jack
09-21-2018, 04:10 AM
Since I 'Thanked' his post, it would be wrong of me to now attack (even though this could be considered 'humorous') guno. :(

http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/09/26/636104905812273029522410039_evolution-005.jpg

If the above image of evolution is correct, it seems guno is still stuck at stage one.

RB 60
09-21-2018, 04:16 AM
Since I 'Thanked' his post, it would be wrong of me to now attack (even though this could be considered 'humorous') guno. :(

You can remove or "unthank" it.
That said, when has guno ever posted anything worth "thanking"? All his posts are hideous.

09-21-2018, 04:25 AM
That said, when has guno ever posted anything worth "thanking"? All his posts are hideous.who always thanks the hideousness? lol *

Jack
09-21-2018, 04:29 AM
That said, when has guno ever posted anything worth "thanking"? All his posts are hideous.

Well, I have to admit, most of guno's threads are 'goyim hating' and 'Christian hating'. Now, I'm going to tell you something, but I want you to keep it a secret. Around 9/11 guno started a thread about 'We're all New Yorkers'. And it didn't get much traction. The reason being ... guno was more like the Hijackers than the people on the ground in New York. The people on the ground were diverse Americans, the people that hijacked the planes were people that hated white people and Christians (exactly like guno). Most every rant from guno is about 'pork-gobblers', 'Christians', 'white people'.

THIS thread ... guno talks reasonably and logically ... I prefer that. I agree with his assessment.

Irish Exit
09-21-2018, 05:07 AM

There are theistic evolutionists.

Guno צְבִי
09-21-2018, 06:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wthnx9s21Y4

Guno צְבִי
09-21-2018, 06:16 AM
neuroscientist says religion is a mental illness

during footage of one of his lectures, compared religion to a shared schizophrenia, argued that the behaviours exhibited by "prophets" in religious texts are diagnosable acts. He's also reasoned that the parables and teachings of these men - such as stories of the construction of the world in seven days, virgin births and burning bushes - are stories constructed by "extremely formative, extremely schizotypals throughout history".

He's argued that religious rituals are a form of exhibiting obsessive-compulsive disorders, and that religious people are on a spectrum of mental illness.

https://www.indy100.com/article/robert-sapolsky-neuroscientist-thinks-religion-mental-illness-schizophrenia-7834981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=mJM5mipwebw

iolo
09-21-2018, 07:04 AM
Well, I have to admit, most of guno's threads are 'goyim hating' and 'Christian hating'. Now, I'm going to tell you something, but I want you to keep it a secret. Around 9/11 guno started a thread about 'We're all New Yorkers'. And it didn't get much traction. The reason being ... guno was more like the Hijackers than the people on the ground in New York. The people on the ground were diverse Americans, the people that hijacked the planes were people that hated white people and Christians (exactly like guno). Most every rant from guno is about 'pork-gobblers', 'Christians', 'white people'.

THIS thread ... guno talks reasonably and logically ... I prefer that. I agree with his assessment.

I doubt if the hijackers gave a twopenny about the skin tone of their enemies. That's an American nuttiness.

bhaktajan
09-21-2018, 12:11 PM
All Ancient Architecture was built by a small clique [private guilds] of Building Contractors for Hire replete with construction management teams ---have caravans will travel ---anywhere you find them.

Similarly, the same for ship builders, and for long passages at a time, the same for metal smiting.

Remember the same was done for reading & writing to.

Ever wonder how long the American Indians lived in North America ---and they never got around to building aqueducts and stone bridges?

It takes generations of university level cooperative successive R&D just to get any knowledge ---what to speak of quarrying and shaping and planning and paying funds and sundry support infrastructure to build any of of world ancient mystery construction sites.

You cannot carbon date stone ... and once you burn down a Alexandria Library or two ... calendar years can easily be re-set.

Jack
09-21-2018, 12:42 PM
I doubt if the hijackers gave a twopenny about the skin tone of their enemies. That's an American nuttiness.

The 'Hijackers' (and their religious zealot friends) seem to target the West. I don't see them killing 3,000 Chinese or Africans. I could be biased, though.

BTW, when religious extremists kill Britons, are they usually black, brown, red, yellow, white?

Phantasmal
09-21-2018, 12:48 PM
All Ancient Architecture was built by a small clique [private guilds] of Building Contractors for Hire replete with construction management teams ---have caravans will travel ---anywhere you find them.

Similarly, the same for ship builders, and for long passages at a time, the same for metal smiting.

Remember the same was done for reading & writing to.

Ever wonder how long the American Indians lived in North America ---and they never got around to building aqueducts and stone bridges?

It takes generations of university level cooperative successive R&D just to get any knowledge ---what to speak of quarrying and shaping and planning and paying funds and sundry support infrastructure to build any of of world ancient mystery construction sites.

You cannot carbon date stone ... and once you burn down a Alexandria Library or two ... calendar years can easily be re-set.

Wrong
https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/fort-actually-ancient-aqueduct-08-09-24/

They built bridges of wood which was easier to transport, the American Natives did not have domestic draft animals with which to haul heavy loads.

Old Trapper
09-21-2018, 12:58 PM
Archaeologists have never found the garden of Eden.
museums full of evidence demonstrate that evolution is how life and human beings came to be. Everything in Genesis that contradicts it is clearly a fraud written by frauds.
There is no archaeological or historical evidence that the Tower of Babel was real. Linguistic evidence would suggest that the world’s languages were diversified long before this story is alleged to have taken place (additionally, no one has ever found the Tower.) Clearly the authors of Genesis were fraudsters.
There is no historical evidence to suggest that Abraham was real.
There is no historical evidence that Joseph was real, that he ever held a position of prominence in Egypt, or that the Hebrews were in Egypt at this time.
There is no Historical evidence that Moses ever lived or that the Hebrews were ever captives in Egypt. Not a single Egyptian record, or for that matter any record of any of their enemies, demonstrate that anything in Exodus to Leviticus is anything but a myth.
There is no historical evidence that Joshua ever existed. Many of the stories surrounding him, including toppling the walls of Jericho are demonstrably false.
The Book of Judges is also resting on sketchy ground. With many historians concurring that this is part of the “mythic” period of Hebrew history.
The many giants, unicorns, Leviathans, and other monsters mentioned in the Bible have not left any archaeological or historical record to supply evidence that they ever existed.
No record of a jesus out side the christian's bible

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/march/incredible-proof-for-why-you-should-have-faith-in-the-bible

NiftyNiblick
09-21-2018, 01:00 PM
guno's post is perfectly cogent and logical.

His problem is that he attacks all white gentiles as though they were Banjofuck or Bullshit Blob.

There have been far too many of us fully devoted to the progressive liberal cause, so he should really knock that shit off.

Guno צְבִי
09-21-2018, 01:10 PM
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/march/incredible-proof-for-why-you-should-have-faith-in-the-bible

faith is the opposite of knowledge

Faith :firm belief in something for which there is no proof

RB 60
09-21-2018, 01:25 PM

guno has never talked reasonably or logically. I disagree with his assessment...of anything.

bhaktajan
09-21-2018, 01:26 PM
Wrong
https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/fort-actually-ancient-aqueduct-08-09-24/

They built bridges of wood which was easier to transport, the American Natives did not have domestic draft animals with which to haul heavy loads.

"Wrong" = monosyllabic.

I'd did not mean to say they were members of Democratic party.

One native said, "I don't need no friggin draft animal! I need a machete!"

I'd did not mean to say they were stupid and impractical.

China banned certain inventions from even being known by the public.

How do you think the third world "advanced"? A foreign entity entered the scene and brought new technologies.

Many modern day world architectural buildings were by foreigners ie:

The Imperial Hotel was the best-known of Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings in Japan.
The structure famously survived the Great Kantō earthquake on September 1, 1923 (7.9 on the Moment magnitude scale)

Did Arabia invent air-conditioning?

bhaktajan
09-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Is this regarding the Dr Ford Testimony?

Thou shall not tell a Lie.

Grugore
09-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Hey Guano! You need to update your database. The city of Jericho has been unearthed. And guess what? The walls of that city were destroyed. And they fell outward. Just like the Bible says. Btw. Lack of evidence does not mean that something didn't happen, or someone didn't exist. Also, for every old testament person or event, you mentioned there is historical evidence. It's called the old testament. Like it or not, it is a historical document. That's the truth.

Old Trapper
09-21-2018, 05:00 PM

Really does not matter as long as what one has faith in does no harm to others. What harm have you suffered because others choose to believe in a God you cannot prove does not exist anymore then they can prove He does? In fact, if you had bothered to read the article, there is more evidence for the existence of Christ, just one of your false comments, then there is for Caesar.

Faith in the unknown has actually changed lives. Faith in atheism has changed no ones life. In fact, it has destroyed lives such as Stalin, Freud, and numerous others.

kudzu
09-21-2018, 06:55 PM
Hey Guano! You need to update your database. The city of Jericho has been unearthed. And guess what? The walls of that city were destroyed. And they fell outward. Just like the Bible says. Btw. Lack of evidence does not mean that something didn't happen, or someone didn't exist. Also, for every old testament person or event, you mentioned there is historical evidence. It's called the old testament. Like it or not, it is a historical document. That's the truth.

Which Jericho? There were 11 of them... earthquakes, you know.

Guno צְבִי
09-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Really does not matter as long as what one has faith in does no harm to others. What harm have you suffered because others choose to believe in a God you cannot prove does not exist anymore then they can prove He does? In fact, if you had bothered to read the article, there is more evidence for the existence of Christ, just one of your false comments, then there is for Caesar.

Faith in the unknown has actually changed lives. Faith in atheism has changed no ones life. In fact, it has destroyed lives such as Stalin, Freud, and numerous others.

Atheism isn't a faith, it is disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods based on no verifiable proof.

Seeing things as reality is mentally healthy

Believing in mystical entities changes lives?

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

Mans different gods are a product of time and geography , if you were born in India you most probably be a Hindu, in Saudi Arabia , a Muslim and so on and so on and so on

Jack
09-21-2018, 08:20 PM
Just bumping this for our religious friends.

Atheism isn't a faith, it is disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods based on no verifiable proof.

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

Mans different gods are a product of time and geography , if you were born in India you most probably be a Hindu, in Saudi Arabia , a Muslim and so on and so on and so on

domer76
09-21-2018, 09:38 PM

Tell us about a man living in the belly of a big fish for 3 days.
Tell us how kangaroos, wombats, sloths, etc. survived the travel all the way from Turkey to Australia without having offspring until they arrived at their destination.

Just those two to start with. We can talk about the boat story and rainbows in greater detail later.

Old Trapper
09-21-2018, 10:46 PM

Here is another problem for the Atheist. How do you not believe in something you cannot prove does not exist?

By faith.

And if you had been born in prehistoric times it might have been fire, or an animal. Even a tree. But they all believed in God. And even those that believed in more then one God, there is always that one superior God over all. Atheism is a late bloomer in the annals of time.

Genesis 1: 26

"And God said, 'Let USmake man in OUR image....

iolo
09-22-2018, 05:24 AM
The 'Hijackers' (and their religious zealot friends) seem to target the West. I don't see them killing 3,000 Chinese or Africans. I could be biased, though.

BTW, when religious extremists kill Britons, are they usually black, brown, red, yellow, white?

What's that got to do with skin tone? China and Africa have never colonised the Middle East. I expect some people think it matters rather a lot, like Americans still carrying guns to fight George 111.

Frank Apisa
09-22-2018, 05:52 AM
BOTTOM LINE:

Anyone who asserts there are gods (or there is A GOD)...is simply sharing a blind guess about the unknown.

Anyone who asserts there are no gods...is simply sharing a blind guess about the unknown.

Why don't we all agree that whether there are gods or no gods...is something we DO NOT KNOW...and can only blindly guess about.

ADDED NOTE:

There is absolutely no way one can arrive at "At least one god exists" using reason, logic, math, or science.

There also is no way to arrive at "It is more likely that at least one god exists than that no gods exist" using reason, logic, math, or science.

Conversely...

...there is absolutely no way one can arrive at "No gods exist" using reason, logic, math, or science...

...and there is no way to arrive at "It is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one god" using reason, logic, math, or science.

Jack
09-22-2018, 10:43 AM
What's that got to do with skin tone? China and Africa have never colonised the Middle East. I expect some people think it matters rather a lot, like Americans still carrying guns to fight George 111.

Yeah, most people in the West are concerned.

And, PS: The only reason for the 2nd Amendment (guns) is to overthrow an oppressive government. (You know, like one that would use Helicopter Gunships and Battle Tanks on Farm Families in rural communities, like Waco).

bhaktajan
09-22-2018, 05:36 PM
BOTTOM LINE:

Anyone who asserts there are gods (or there is A GOD)...is simply sharing a blind guess about the unknown.

Anyone who asserts there are no gods...is simply sharing a blind guess about the unknown.

Why don't we all agree that whether there are gods or no gods...is something we DO NOT KNOW...and can only blindly guess about.

ADDED NOTE:

There is absolutely no way one can arrive at "At least one god exists" using reason, logic, math, or science.

There also is no way to arrive at "It is more likely that at least one god exists than that no gods exist" using reason, logic, math, or science.

Conversely...

...there is absolutely no way one can arrive at "No gods exist" using reason, logic, math, or science...

...and there is no way to arrive at "It is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one god" using reason, logic, math, or science.

Very Buddhist [koan-ish-esque] is your borrowed logic.

Aso-deska Frank-san.

Frank Apisa
09-23-2018, 02:25 AM

Aso-deska Frank-san.

I have no idea what you mean here, B.

If you want to be less circumspect, I'll reply.

The "borrowed logic" comment seems off base.

RB 60
09-23-2018, 02:29 AM
Frank, why do you care what others believe?

Frank Apisa
09-23-2018, 03:49 AM
Frank, why do you care what others believe?

What makes you guess that I care what others guess, RB?

RB 60
09-23-2018, 03:50 AM
What makes you guess that I care what others guess, RB?

Uh, your many posts on the subject?

iolo
09-23-2018, 06:09 AM
Yeah, most people in the West are concerned.

And, PS: The only reason for the 2nd Amendment (guns) is to overthrow an oppressive government. (You know, like one that would use Helicopter Gunships and Battle Tanks on Farm Families in rural communities, like Waco).

Why is the Trump gang still in power then, never having been properly elected? Russians have got into the NRA leadership, I expect!

PostmodernProphet
09-23-2018, 06:15 AM
Which Jericho? There were 11 of them... earthquakes, you know.

poor sad atheists....drowning in irrelevancy.....

domer76
09-23-2018, 07:48 AM

“If the Bible says it, it happened.” - PMP :lolup::rofl2:

Guno צְבִי
09-23-2018, 07:51 AM

oh the irony!!

Young adults around the world are less religious by several measures

http://www.pewforum.org/2018/06/13/young-adults-around-the-world-are-less-religious-by-several-measures/

Guno צְבִי
09-23-2018, 08:22 AM
Christianity as default is gone': the rise of a non-Christian Europe

Figures show a majority of young adults in 12 countries have no faith, with Czechs least religious

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/21/christianity-non-christian-europe-young-people-survey-religion

Guno צְבִי
09-23-2018, 08:27 AM

The more education the less christinsanity

The nation’s religious makeup has shifted dramatically in the past 15 years, with a sharp drop in the number of Americans who say they’re members of a Protestant denomination – still the nation’s most prevalent religious group – and a rise in the number who profess no religion.

On average last year, 36 percent of Americans in ABC News/Washington Post polls identified themselves as members of a Protestant faith, extending a gradual trend down from 50 percent in 2003. That includes an 8-point drop in the number of evangelical white Protestants,

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/protestants-decline-religion-sharply-shifting-religious-landscape-poll/story?id=54995663 an important political group.

Guno צְבִי
09-23-2018, 08:31 AM
The U.S. Is Retreating from Religion

By 2030, say projections, a third of Americans will have no religious preference :laugh:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/the-u-s-is-retreating-from-religion/

PostmodernProphet
09-23-2018, 09:34 AM
oh the irony!!

Young adults around the world are less religious by several measures

http://www.pewforum.org/2018/06/13/young-adults-around-the-world-are-less-religious-by-several-measures/

that's to be expected.....the young will come around.....its you old farts that never did that are sad......

PostmodernProphet
09-23-2018, 09:36 AM
Christianity as default is gone': the rise of a non-Christian Europe

Figures show a majority of young adults in 12 countries have no faith, with Czechs least religious

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/21/christianity-non-christian-europe-young-people-survey-religion

do you think there is no link between the fact that Europe has grown more non Christian, more socialist and more irrelevant in the world at the same time?......they've become so weak they are a target for Muslim takeover.......

PostmodernProphet
09-23-2018, 09:37 AM
The more education the less christinsanity .

and yet here we are, you and I, disproving that very claim.....

PostmodernProphet
09-23-2018, 09:38 AM
The U.S. Is Retreating from Religion

By 2030, say projections, a third of Americans will have no religious preference :laugh:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/the-u-s-is-retreating-from-religion/

lost souls, a sad commentary......

Frank Apisa
09-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Uh, your many posts on the subject?

I frequently respond to you...and couldn't care less about you.

In any case, calling attention to the fact that what others call "beliefs" (in a religious context) are actually just blind guesses...is a form of discussion of the issue.

If you do not want to participate...or if you do not want to read what I post as part of my participation...

...just don't do it.

bhaktajan
09-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan

Aso-deska Frank-san.

I have no idea what you mean here, B.

If you want to be less circumspect, I'll reply.

The "borrowed logic" comment seems off base.

I don't know either Frany, I am not a Buddhist scholar, but I guess I recognise it when I see it.

So I will google...hmm... "Buddhist negation logic" ---and this is what I found:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Catuṣkoṭi (Sanskrit; Devanagari: चतुष्कोटि, Tibetan: མུ་བཞི, Wylie: mu bzhi) is a logical argument(s) of a 'suite of four discrete functions' or 'an indivisible quaternity' that has multiple applications and has been important in the Dharmic traditions of Indian logic, the Buddhist logico-epistemological traditions, particularly those of the Madhyamaka school, and in the skeptical Greek philosophy of Pyrrhonism.

In particular, the catuṣkoṭi is a "four-cornered" system of argumentation that
involves the systematic examination of each of the 4 possibilities of a proposition, P:

P; that is, being.
not P; that is, not being.
P and not P; that is, being and not being.
not (P or not P); that is, neither being nor not being.

P stands for any proposition and Not-P stands for the diametrical opposite or the contradiction of P
(in a relationship of contradistinction); P and Not-P constitute a complementary bifurcation of
mutual exclusivity, collectively constituting an exhaustive set of positions for any given (or determined) propositional array.

Brahmajala Sutta: The Supreme Net (What the Teaching Is Not)
'What is the fourth way? Here, an ascetic or Brahmin is dull and stupid. Because of his dullness and stupidity, when he is questioned he resorts to evasive statements and wriggles like an eel: "If you ask me whether there is another world. But I don't say so. And I don't say otherwise. And I don't say it is not, and I don't not say it is not." "Is there no other world?..." "Is there both another world and no other world?..."Is there neither another world nor no other world?..." "Are there spontaneously-born beings?..." "Are there not...?" "Both...? "Neither...?" "Does the Tathagata exist after death? Does he not exist after death? Does he both exist and not exist after death? Does he neither exist nor not exist after death?..." "If I thought so, I would say so...I don't say so...I don't say it is not." This is the fourth case.'

If we focus on the doctrinal agreement that exists between the Wisdom Sūtras[27] and the tracts of the Mādhyamika we note that both schools characteristically practice a didactic negation. By setting up a series of self-contradictory oppositions, Nāgārjuna disproves all conceivable statements, which can be reduced to these four:

All things (dharmas) exist: affirmation of being, negation of nonbeing
All things (dharmas) do not exist: affirmation of nonbeing, negation of being
All things (dharmas) both exist and do not exist: both affirmation and negation
All things (dharmas) neither exist nor do not exist: neither affirmation nor negation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catu%E1%B9%A3ko%E1%B9%ADi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aso-deska Frank-san [trans from Japanese: Oh now I see Franky]

Frank Apisa
09-25-2018, 09:55 AM
I don't know either Frany, I am not a Buddhist scholar, but I guess I recognise it when I see it.

So I will google...hmm... "Buddhist negation logic" ---and this is what I found:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Catuṣkoṭi (Sanskrit; Devanagari: चतुष्कोटि, Tibetan: མུ་བཞི, Wylie: mu bzhi) is a logical argument(s) of a 'suite of four discrete functions' or 'an indivisible quaternity' that has multiple applications and has been important in the Dharmic traditions of Indian logic, the Buddhist logico-epistemological traditions, particularly those of the Madhyamaka school, and in the skeptical Greek philosophy of Pyrrhonism.

In particular, the catuṣkoṭi is a "four-cornered" system of argumentation that
involves the systematic examination of each of the 4 possibilities of a proposition, P:

P; that is, being.
not P; that is, not being.
P and not P; that is, being and not being.
not (P or not P); that is, neither being nor not being.

P stands for any proposition and Not-P stands for the diametrical opposite or the contradiction of P
(in a relationship of contradistinction); P and Not-P constitute a complementary bifurcation of
mutual exclusivity, collectively constituting an exhaustive set of positions for any given (or determined) propositional array.

Brahmajala Sutta: The Supreme Net (What the Teaching Is Not)
'What is the fourth way? Here, an ascetic or Brahmin is dull and stupid. Because of his dullness and stupidity, when he is questioned he resorts to evasive statements and wriggles like an eel: "If you ask me whether there is another world. But I don't say so. And I don't say otherwise. And I don't say it is not, and I don't not say it is not." "Is there no other world?..." "Is there both another world and no other world?..."Is there neither another world nor no other world?..." "Are there spontaneously-born beings?..." "Are there not...?" "Both...? "Neither...?" "Does the Tathagata exist after death? Does he not exist after death? Does he both exist and not exist after death? Does he neither exist nor not exist after death?..." "If I thought so, I would say so...I don't say so...I don't say it is not." This is the fourth case.'

If we focus on the doctrinal agreement that exists between the Wisdom Sūtras[27] and the tracts of the Mādhyamika we note that both schools characteristically practice a didactic negation. By setting up a series of self-contradictory oppositions, Nāgārjuna disproves all conceivable statements, which can be reduced to these four:

All things (dharmas) exist: affirmation of being, negation of nonbeing
All things (dharmas) do not exist: affirmation of nonbeing, negation of being
All things (dharmas) both exist and do not exist: both affirmation and negation
All things (dharmas) neither exist nor do not exist: neither affirmation nor negation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catu%E1%B9%A3ko%E1%B9%ADi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aso-deska Frank-san [trans from Japanese: Oh now I see Franky]

Marsey dotes and dosey dotes and liddlelamsy divy. A kiddley divy too, wooden you.

bhaktajan
09-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Marsey dotes and dosey dotes and liddlelamsy divy. A kiddley divy too, wooden you.

And how do you confirm this? You ask the author!

domer76
09-25-2018, 09:31 PM
and yet here we are, you and I, disproving that very claim.....

"If it's in the Bible, it happened." :rofl2:

WarmPotato
09-25-2018, 09:41 PM
Damn why do atheists always have to run out and start arguments with Christians - leave them alone :P