PDA

View Full Version : The Great Commission-Matthew 28:16B-20

Boris The Animal
09-10-2018, 04:30 PM
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (NIV)

There are some who think faith needs to be completely private, that it needs no public exposure. However, the above passage proclaims that to do so would be in violation of a Christian's primary mission. And that is to share his/her faith in both word and works. And this means we cannot just isolate ourselves among other believers. That kind of thinking led to the moral decline in this country.

leaningright
09-10-2018, 09:02 PM
I really need my last Sunday sermon posted on this thread. I will have to get off this iPad and on the computer to see if I can figure out how to do it. It fits this thread topic so well. I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

Old Trapper
09-10-2018, 09:59 PM
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (NIV)

There are some who think faith needs to be completely private, that it needs no public exposure. However, the above passage proclaims that to do so would be in violation of a Christian's primary mission. And that is to share his/her faith in both word and works. And this means we cannot just isolate ourselves among other believers. That kind of thinking led to the moral decline in this country.

The kind of thinking that led to the decline of the country is the same as that which led you to vote for Trump, or place a lie in your signature. In either event, truth was not a primary concern.