PDA

View Full Version : It May Shock You to Learn: Hippie Country Music Star Willie Nelson, Busted for Pot

Cypress
09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Willie gets caught by cops in Louisiana with one and a half pounds of pot.

And all they do is give him a citation.

BREAUX BRIDGE, La. (AP) - Willie Nelson and several members of his band were issued misdemeanor citations for drug possession early today during a traffic stop in Saint Martin Parish.

The traffic stop was conducted on Interstate 10 near Breaux Bridge.

Trooper Willie Williams says troopers smelled a strong odor of marijuana when the driver opened the bus door.

During a search of the bus, Williams say approximately 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and approximately 2/10 of a pound of mushrooms were located on the bus.

The 73-year-old Nelson of Spicewood, Texas; 59-year-old Tony Sizemore of Saint Cloud, Fla.; 75-year-old Bobbie Nelson of Briarcliff, Texas; 54-year-old Gates Moore of Austin, Texas; and 50-year-old David Anderson of Dallas, Texas were issued citations for possession of mushrooms and possession of marijuana and released.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060918/D8K7D41O0.html

LadyT
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Interesting. Was that 1.5 pounds between all of them or just willie I wonder.

LadyT
09-18-2006, 02:26 PM
nevermind.

I gotta stop posting when I just skim.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-18-2006, 02:33 PM
I believe 1 and a half pounds is above the legal limit... isn't it? Should it still be a misdemeanor? I know in Mississippi it's like a pound or something... Are shrooms a misdemeaner?

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM
It is a viscious big oil plot . Just out to get him for promoting bio diesel ;)

Prakosh
09-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Poor Willie, I just heard someone talking about playing with him and commenting on how much pot he smoked, and I thought this can't be good, someone commenting on national television about the quantity of pot you smoke. It is still against the law after all. I can't remember who it was who said this, but I heard it late last night and less than 24 hours later Willie is busted. I guess they already had him under surviellance, he's that subversive. Some of his thoughts I'm sure are "unacceptable"!!!!

TRGLDTE
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
How are they going to get back to Texas? They were going to use it to make fuel for the bus.

Prakosh
09-18-2006, 04:03 PM
How are they going to get back to Texas? They were going to use it to make fuel for the bus.

Yeah I hear pot and mushrooms is a pretty volatile mix alright. I don't know it if can get you to Texas, but it can put you in a different place.

TRGLDTE
09-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah I hear pot and mushrooms is a pretty volatile mix alright. I don't know it if can get you to Texas, but it can put you in a different place. Well maybe the thing is, if you're going to spend a protracted period of time in TX, you might want to bring a big old bag of smoke and some 'shrooms, so you can forget.

Why is pot still illegal, anyway? Oh, yeah silly me - forgot - the false basis for the ludicrous (and Constituionally violative) "War on Drugs."

Damocles
09-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Why wasn't he sharing with me?

Prakosh
09-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Why wasn't he sharing with me?

Evidently you weren't on the bus.

Damocles
09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Evidently you weren't on the bus.
Bastard! Greedy hippy, didn't invite me to the party!

Prakosh
09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
My-oh-my, all this angst and anger from a Buddist?

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Perhaps pot is why Buddists are protrayed as somewhat plump and happy ?