PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as absolute truth?

Grugore
09-07-2018, 03:42 PM
This should be a no brainer. Any bets on how many fools try to deny absolute truth?

archives
09-07-2018, 04:03 PM
This should be a no brainer. Any bets on how many fools try to deny absolute truth?

Not to get philosophical and all, but absolute, no, think of the tree falling in the woods thing

Grugore
09-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Not to get philosophical and all, but absolute, no, think of the tree falling in the woods thing

Answer the question. Yes or no. No qualifications. Just answer yes or no.

PoliTalker
09-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Hello Grugore,

"Is there such a thing as absolute truth?"

No.

Each of us perceives the world in a different way. And each of our perceptions is constantly changing. The first time you see something you form a mental picture of it. The longer you study it, the more details are filled in. Your first impression of something is not the same as your modified one. Sometimes, due to shortness of allowed time to gather details perhaps, we fill in details which are not there. Later, if we notice the difference, we correct the error with more accurate information. If we never notice the difference, we believe the incorrect detail is 'the truth.'

When two humans look at the same thing, they notice different details. The perception each has, thus differs.

If they both subsequently add the missing details, they both have the same perception. Generally, this rarely occurs.

Each individual's perception of the world is unique.

Grugore
09-07-2018, 04:22 PM
Hello Grugore,

No.

Each of us perceives the world in a different way. And each of our perceptions is constantly changing. The first time you see something you form a mental picture of it. The longer you study it, the more details are filled in. Your first impression of something is not the same as your modified one. Sometimes, due to shortness of allowed time to gather details perhaps, we fill in details which are not there. Later, if we notice the difference, we correct the error with more accurate information. If we never notice the difference, we believe the incorrect detail is 'the truth.'

When two humans look at the same thing, they notice different details. The perception each has, thus differs.

If they both subsequently add the missing details, they both have the same perception. Generally, this rarely occurs.

You are completely missing the point. Think about it. Something is either true or it is not. Ones perception has nothing to do with it.

archives
09-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Answer the question. Yes or no. No qualifications. Just answer yes or no.

In that case, no

Grugore
09-07-2018, 04:27 PM
In that case, no

Then why should I believe you? You believe your statement to be true, while stating that there is no truth. Do you see the problem?

archives
09-07-2018, 04:28 PM
You are completely missing the point. Think about it. Something is either true or it is not. Ones perception has nothing to do with it.

Not that simple, does God exist, a question beyond "is either true or it is not." What is liberty, freedom, all abstract concepts that transcend simple dialectical responses

Grugore
09-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Not that simple, does God exist, a question beyond "is either true or it is not." What is liberty, freedom, all abstract concepts that transcend simple dialectical responses

Once again, why should I believe you, if there is no truth?

archives
09-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Then why should I believe you? You believe your statement to be true, while stating that there is no truth. Do you see the problem?

Exactly, that is why philosophically absolute truth doesn't exist, which was the opening question, Solipsism contended all reality is created in the mind, but common sense, and deductive reasoning gives us a what might be refereed to as a consensus reality

Grugore
09-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Exactly, that is why philosophically absolute truth doesn't exist, which was the opening question, Solipsism contended all reality is created in the mind, but common sense, and deductive reasoning gives us a what might be refereed to as a consensus reality

I'm drinking an iced tea right now. I'm having a discussion with you about absolute truth. The screen on my smart phone is cracked and the screen is too small for my liking. All of these statements are demonstrably true.

Old Trapper
09-07-2018, 04:45 PM

You are attempting to use the same argument that Giuliani was referring to, and Atheist Humanists believe. Philosophy defines Absolute Truth as ""Inflexible reality: fixed, invariable, unalterable facts. For example, it is a fixed, invariable, unalterable fact that there are absolutely no square circles and there are absolutely no round squares."

You want to use the three blind men describing an elephant by touching three different parts of the elephants body argument. All are correct for the particular part they are touching (perspective), and yet all are wrong.

Old Trapper
09-07-2018, 04:49 PM
I'm drinking an iced tea right now. I'm having a discussion with you about absolute truth. The screen on my smart phone is cracked and the screen is too small for my liking. All of these statements are demonstrably true.

Except for the limitation of your ability to prove them to be true. So, you have not proven an absolute truth, just what your limited abilities can prove via the medium being used.

archives
09-07-2018, 05:00 PM
You are attempting to use the same argument that Giuliani was referring to, and Atheist Humanists believe. Philosophy defines Absolute Truth as ""Inflexible reality: fixed, invariable, unalterable facts. For example, it is a fixed, invariable, unalterable fact that there are absolutely no square circles and there are absolutely no round squares."

You want to use the three blind men describing an elephant by touching three different parts of the elephants body argument. All are correct for the particular part they are touching (perspective), and yet all are wrong.

No, Giuliani's attempt was superficial, right up there with the bogus "alternate facts" arguments

Your latter example is based upon inductive reasoning, not deductive, which indirectly leads to the point you are making, but to return to the opening post, the question was asked if absolute truth existed, which the answer is no, philosophically, the tree falling in the woods thing is accurate

Grugore
09-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Except for the limitation of your ability to prove them to be true. So, you have not proven an absolute truth, just what your limited abilities can prove via the medium being used.

I cannot prove anything, nevertheless it is the truth.

Grugore
09-07-2018, 05:15 PM
How about this? If I stab you with a knife, what happens? You bleed. This happens every single time, regardless of who is stabbed, or does the stabbing. If you break their skin, they bleed. This is an absolute truth. If you jump from a plane at an altitude of several thousand feet without a parachute, you will, most likely die. This is an absolute truth. If you are deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time, you will suffocate and die. This is an absolute truth. If you look at the sun for too long, without protection, you will go blind. This is an absolute truth. Should I go on?

Old Trapper
09-07-2018, 05:18 PM
No, Giuliani's attempt was superficial, right up there with the bogus "alternate facts" arguments

Your latter example is based upon inductive reasoning, not deductive, which indirectly leads to the point you are making, but to return to the opening post, the question was asked if absolute truth existed, which the answer is no, philosophically, the tree falling in the woods thing is accurate

Sorry, but your "tree falling in the woods" is in error. It can be scientifically proven that any falling object makes a noise. This is an "inflexible reality", and easily proven. Just because there is no device there to "hear" the noise does not mean it is non-existent.

The question asked was "does absolute truth exist", and until proven otherwise the answer is yes. Well, until you find a round square that is.

Leonthecat
09-07-2018, 05:25 PM
How about this? If I stab you with a knife, what happens? You bleed. This happens every single time, regardless of who is stabbed, or does the stabbing. If you break their skin, they bleed. This is an absolute truth. If you jump from a plane at an altitude of several thousand feet without a parachute, you will, most likely die. This is an absolute truth. If you are deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time, you will suffocate and die. This is an absolute truth. If you look at the sun for too long, without protection, you will go blind. This is an absolute truth. Should I go on?

A dead man without blood, will not bleed. There have been cases of people falling from airplanes without parachutes from amazing altitudes who did not perish . You even added "most likely" to that one. People undergoing extreme hypothermia can go a long time without breathing and not die. Looking towards the sun on an overcast day will not cause blindness.
There are absolute truths but you have failed to exemplify even one here.
You fail miserably.
You are a doofus.

Grugore
09-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Sorry, but your "tree falling in the woods" is in error. It can be scientifically proven that any falling object makes a noise. This is an "inflexible reality", and easily proven. Just because there is no device there to "hear" the noise does not mean it is non-existent.

The question asked was "does absolute truth exist", and until proven otherwise the answer is yes. Well, until you find a round square that is.

The reason some deny the existence of absolute truth is because they reject the truth of God's existence and the truth that they will answer to Him someday. It scares the crap out of them, so they supress the truth. It allows them to sleep at night.

domer76
09-07-2018, 06:28 PM
I cannot prove anything, nevertheless it is the truth.

lol

You don't recognize the absurdity of that statement?

Moron.

PoliTalker
09-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Hello Grugore,

My reply to your OP question (Is there such a thing as absolute truth?) is true:

"No.

Each individual's perception of the world is unique."

You've given as examples things that most people would agree on. But that is because they have similar perceptions. What if 100% of humans do not agree on some of those things?

You say if the epidermis is broken with a foreign object that bleeding will result. Somebody said not if the person is already dead. But does that mean if they are still alive that bleeding will always occur in every case? No. That is not an absolute truth. If a human is experiencing frostbite, and the epidermis of that region is cut into, there will be no bleeding. Also if normal temperature, and a very hot instrument is used, cauterization will occur, resulting in no bleeding.

We still don't understand the complete relationship between matter and energy. Our lack of an absolute truth on that subject is an absolute truth. If you want to call lack of truth, truth.

You see, it's not so simple.

Jack
09-07-2018, 07:01 PM
The reason some deny the existence of absolute truth is because they reject the truth of God's existence and the truth that they will answer to Him someday. It scares the crap out of them, so they supress the truth. It allows them to sleep at night.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...

Somehow, I knew Grugore was going to bring the occult and magic into this.

1. Grugore, after Jesus died, did he float off to Heaven like a hydrogen filled ballon?
2. Grugore, was Mary impregnated by God?
3. Grugore, did Jesus walk on water?

Are these the 'Absolute Truths' you are getting at? :)

iewitness
09-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Absolutely yes. In this grace period, however, all truth is obfuscated by the damned. Example: The Lord's high holy days are upon us and apostasy is so widespread that hardly anyone even knows what I am talking about and agreement of what it means or what days it occurs will be impossible because the entire earth is apostate. The windows of the heavens are opening, earth is under inspection and nobody is conscious of this absolute truth.

Jack
09-07-2018, 07:46 PM
And ... here is Example A:

Absolutely yes. In this grace period, however, all truth is obfuscated by the damned. Example: The Lord's high holy days are upon us and apostasy is so widespread that hardly anyone even knows what I am talking about and agreement of what it means or what days it occurs will be impossible because the entire earth is apostate. The windows of the heavens are opening, earth is under inspection and nobody is conscious of this absolute truth.

rjhenn
09-07-2018, 10:10 PM

The existence of God is a belief, not a truth. There is no evidence for the existence of any gods. That you believe that it is an absolute truth does not make it one.

rjhenn
09-07-2018, 10:18 PM

All belief, not verifiable fact. Science is the only place where we can find absolute truth.

Jack
09-07-2018, 10:18 PM
The existence of God is a belief, not a truth. There is no evidence for the existence of any gods. That you believe that it is an absolute truth does not make it one.

rjhenn: "The existence of God is a belief, not a truth."
Jack: Did you get that, Grugore?

I could believe the Seven Dwarfs run the Universe, doesn't make it true. I could tell you it was an 'Absolute Truth', ... but, you still might not believe me.

Grugore, you can live in your Fantasy World, no one else cares, just try to stay out of the way and ... don't hurt anyone.

Old Trapper
09-07-2018, 10:32 PM

Problem with your conclusion is that you cannot prove beyond a shadow of doubt that God exists. And without that absolute proof you have no absolute truth.

There are numerous reasons why people refuse to accept Christ, or the father.

Jack
09-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Problem with your conclusion is that you cannot prove beyond a shadow of doubt that God exists. And without that absolute proof you have no absolute truth.

There are numerous reasons why people refuse to accept Christ, or the father.

Old Trapper: "Problem with your conclusion is that you cannot prove beyond a shadow of doubt that God exists."
Jack: Did you follow that, Grugore?

Let's face it Grugore, you're a crazy person that believes in Magic and the Occult.

Old Trapper
09-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Old Trapper: "Problem with your conclusion is that you cannot prove beyond a shadow of doubt that God exists."
Jack: Did you follow that, Grugore?

Let's face it Grugore, you're a crazy person that believes in Magic and the Occult.

I did not say that God does not exist, only that His existence cannot be proven beyond a shadow of doubt just as you cannot prove He is a myth.

Jack
09-07-2018, 11:25 PM
I did not say that God does not exist, only that His existence cannot be proven beyond a shadow of doubt just as you cannot prove He is a myth.

I certainly agree with that.

Grugore
09-08-2018, 08:28 AM
Hello Grugore,

My reply to your OP question (Is there such a thing as absolute truth?) is true:

You've given as examples things that most people would agree on. But that is because they have similar perceptions. What if 100% of humans do not agree on some of those things?

You say if the epidermis is broken with a foreign object that bleeding will result. Somebody said not if the person is already dead. But does that mean if they are still alive that bleeding will always occur in every case? No. That is not an absolute truth. If a human is experiencing frostbite, and the epidermis of that region is cut into, there will be no bleeding. Also if normal temperature, and a very hot instrument is used, cauterization will occur, resulting in no bleeding.

We still don't understand the complete relationship between matter and energy. Our lack of an absolute truth on that subject is an absolute truth. If you want to call lack of truth, truth.

You see, it's not so simple.

It is very simple. If I stick a ten inch Bowie knife into your guts, you are going to blead. And you know perfectly well that my example was meant to apply to a normal healthy human at, or near, room temperature. No hot knives either. Your entire argument consists of nothing but a lame attempt to move goal posts.

Jack
09-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Grugore, in your brain, do you believe in Gods or other supernatural beings?

Are these Gods real?

Is THAT an 'Absolute Truth'?

leaningright
09-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Answer to the OP: Yes

bhaktajan
09-09-2018, 04:38 PM
philosophically absolute truth doesn't exist,

And of course, philosophically, that is an absolute truth.

bhaktajan
09-09-2018, 04:45 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/Yin_yang.svg/260px-Yin_yang.svg.png

On one side we have an absolute pole.

On the other side we have an absolute pole.

Within each pole is its diametrical opposite.

The ten quadtrillion things rise and fall in a flux called Ying & Yang.

All the myriads of combinations and permutations are like the elements-chart shuffled around ---but all occurs in the absolute sphere of activity.

Just because there are myriads of myriads of permutations it does not negate the "field".

Just as Gibberish is different from un-ciphered languages ---there is a commonality of expression that borders on absolutes.

Fentoine Lum
09-09-2018, 04:48 PM

Not in america. It's all up for alternative truths.

bhaktajan
09-09-2018, 04:56 PM
Grugore, in your brain, do you believe in Gods or other supernatural beings?

Are these Gods real?

Is THAT an 'Absolute Truth'?

Jack, by way of your open question, it seems imo that you are asking about celestial beings in realms in places we cannot see and cannot reach.

But if the same question is references the mundane lives of the common masses ---the same common masses that have repeatedly marched into a war to the death--- the able person would conclude that there are Gods. But they are demagogues that deign to take rule over the pawns.

So for all practical purposes there are Gods and super-elevated beings. And they define there prowess as flawed Gods. We are ants and we are sometimes stepped on and crushed.

The world is a free-for-all karma agitator.

The Buddhist seeks to transcend the field of karma. Others seek to eat sleep mate and defend thoroughly. Some ascend to the abode of the absolute Godhead's association.

bhaktajan
09-09-2018, 04:58 PM
It's all up for alternative truths.

Ah yes, there are singular absolute truths, and simultaneously, there are myriads of alternative truths.

Cypress
09-10-2018, 08:36 AM
Hello Grugore,

No.

I like the way your brain works.

On the flip side of the coin, Plato's theory of ideal forms is a counterpoint, an alternative to your contention -- aka, an immutable reality that exists just beyond the range of our perception.

However, armchair philosophy is beyond the scope of what I can commit to discussing here...even if I had the intellectual capability at my disposal!

In short, I defer to Plato and greater minds than mine to provide meaningful insight on the nature of reality. When you get right down to it, I am basically just here to make fun of Donald J. Trump!

Phantasmal
09-10-2018, 08:39 AM
I like the way your brain works.

On the flip side of the coin, Plato's theory of ideal forms is a counterpoint, an alternative to your contention -- aka, an immutable reality that exists just beyond the range of our perception.

However, armchair philosophy is beyond the scope of what I can commit to discussing here...even if I had the intellectual capability at my disposal!

In short, I defer to Plato and greater minds than mine to provide meaningful insight on the nature of reality. When you get right down to it, I am basically here to make fun of Donald J. Trump!
I take the Toaist position, to name god is not God.

Cypress
09-10-2018, 08:43 AM
I take the Toaist position, to name god is not God.

Outstanding.

I am watching some lectures on Taosim and other world religions, and I was struck by how much Toaism made sense to me compared to some of the other traditions. Admittedly, I have a lot more to learn, and hope one day to get up to your level of knowledge!

Grugore
09-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Ah yes, there are singular absolute truths, and simultaneously, there are myriads of alternative truths.

What, exactly, is alternative truth? There is no such thing. Something is either true or false.

bhaktajan
09-12-2018, 04:19 PM
What, exactly, is alternative truth? There is no such thing. Something is either true or false.

Is that an Absolute Truth?

Alternative truths exist in many countries where dictators ruled.

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 04:25 PM

Kellyanne has "alternate facts".

https://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/gettyimages-633193228.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1
https://media1.tenor.com/images/af9bc329794fa6666519d4d02ed76b81/tenor.gif?itemid=5516122

bhaktajan
09-12-2018, 04:33 PM
No. The syrian president Bashar al-Assad has "alternate facts".

The Venezuelan president nicolas maduro has "alternate facts".

The cuban president fidel castro has "alternate facts".

Grugore
09-12-2018, 04:43 PM

You are equating truth and ideology. They are not the same. Perhaps you should learn the definition of truth.

Old Trapper
09-12-2018, 04:52 PM
You are equating truth and ideology. They are not the same. Perhaps you should learn the definition of truth.

Like as with many words divined by the human mind, there is the possibility of one word, or even a sentence, having many "truths". For instance, "Is milk healthy for you". Generally speaking the answer would be yes. However, the question then becomes what kind of "milk", or even how much is safe. So, what is true for one, or in a specific circumstance, may not be true for all.

Grugore
09-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Like as with many words divined by the human mind, there is the possibility of one word, or even a sentence, having many "truths". For instance, "Is milk healthy for you". Generally speaking the answer would be yes. However, the question then becomes what kind of "milk", or even how much is safe. So, what is true for one, or in a specific circumstance, may not be true for all.

Puhleeeeeez! I can't even take you seriously. What you have just proven is that milk is NOT good for everyone. That is an absolute truth. Thanks for playing. Would you like to try again?

Old Trapper
09-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Puhleeeeeez! I can't even take you seriously. What you have just proven is that milk is NOT good for everyone. That is an absolute truth. Thanks for playing. Would you like to try again?

I would, but you obviously lack the intellect to grasp what was said. Keep trying though. Some day you might understand simple logic.

Mason Michaels
09-12-2018, 05:30 PM

Not according to Kelly Anne Conway

Grugore
09-12-2018, 06:01 PM

Irrelevant. It doesn't matter who supports your position or why. You are wrong.

Grugore
09-12-2018, 06:09 PM
I would, but you obviously lack the intellect to grasp what was said. Keep trying though. Some day you might understand simple logic.

Well, it seemed that you were trying to claim that someone said milk being good for everyone is not an absolute truth. I'm not aware of anyone ever having said that. In any case, it does not change the truth that milk is NOT good for everyone. You have not in any way proven that absolute truth does not exist. Every statement ever made is either true or false. That is absolute truth.

Mason Michaels
09-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Irrelevant. It doesn't matter who supports your position or why. You are wrong.

That's where the term came from!

Grugore
09-12-2018, 07:15 PM
That's where the term came from!

I don't care where it came from. Something is either true or it is not. It cannot be both, and it cannot be something else.

Mott the Hoople
09-12-2018, 08:30 PM

Well there certainly isn’t any in science.

Mott the Hoople
09-12-2018, 08:31 PM

You’re confusing truth with certainty.

MAGA MAN
09-12-2018, 08:40 PM

To a Democrat, it's only true if a Democrat said it. If a Republican said the exact same thing, then that Republican is a liar.

PostmodernProphet
09-12-2018, 08:45 PM

the tree must have fallen on your head......

PostmodernProphet
09-12-2018, 08:47 PM
No.
Each of us perceives the world in a different way.

yes......the rest of you are wrong.......

PostmodernProphet
09-12-2018, 08:48 PM
Not that simple, does God exist, a question beyond "is either true or it is not."

how so.....is there a third option besides yes or no?.......

PostmodernProphet
09-12-2018, 08:50 PM
If you jump from a plane at an altitude of several thousand feet without a parachute, you will, most likely die. This is an absolute truth.

to be fair, if you have to qualify it with a "most likely" it obviously isn't an absolute truth.....

PostmodernProphet
09-12-2018, 08:54 PM
No. The syrian president Bashar al-Assad has "alternate facts".

The Venezuelan president nicolas maduro has "alternate facts".

The cuban president fidel castro has "alternate facts".
you were doing so well till you fucked up......."alternate facts" as you use it is merely a false name for untruth......

PostmodernProphet
09-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Well there certainly isn’t any in science.

of course there is......those things which have never been proven false and never will be........you can speculate that they MIGHT not be true, but that does not make them false.......

PostmodernProphet
09-12-2018, 08:58 PM
You’re confusing truth with certainty.

actually you are.......one does not need to be certain that something is true......it is either true or false regardless of our perception.........

bhaktajan
09-12-2018, 09:25 PM
you were doing so well till you fucked up......."alternate facts" as you use it is merely a false name for untruth......

Yes I agree that "alternate facts" = an untruth.

This would then point out that there are absolute truth.

Wait. I was saying "alternate facts" are false but are promoted as true ---which the common folk adhere to because they are told to do so, it's even enforced by "Re-education camps".

The Chinese leaders of yore held that there was no reason to explore the outside world.

It is either Absolute Truth or it's a relative truth ---or it a lie born of an ulterior motive.

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:32 PM

Tell that to the Liar in Chief's chief liar, Pastor Pimp.
http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/4/p/o/s/0/image.related.videoThumbnail.620x349.4porz.png/1485138163957.jpg

LOL!

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:34 PM
http://media.al.com/opinion/photo/1-23kellyannespinjpg-983eb13e7262c623.jpg

bhaktajan
09-12-2018, 09:36 PM
It's called . . .

Propaganda

noun
derogatory
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
"he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda"
synonyms: information, promotion, advertising, publicity, spin; More

a committee of cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church responsible for foreign missions, founded in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV.

Leonthecat
https://static.twentytwowords.com/wp-content/uploads/featuredkelly2.jpg

Leonthecat
http://contentengine.advisorproducts.com/images/NL_Images/3447_1.png

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:37 PM
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-H-XPnF9N7w0/WIUAbj_oOyI/AAAAAAABwOY/u_YjVDIyPP0M3uvFecJb1PWwLIQzLGsrgCLcB/s640/trump%2Balt%2Bfacts.jpg

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:38 PM
https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/201701/a_mtp_compressedfull_170122.1200;630;7;70;5.jpg

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:39 PM
https://d3ijbopmmk5x1c.cloudfront.net/image/506043.jpg

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Wait. I was saying "alternate facts" are false but are promoted as true ---which the common folk adhere to because they are told to do so, it's even enforced by "Re-education camps".

The Chinese leaders of yore held that there was no reason to explore the outside world.

It is either Absolute Truth or it's a relative truth ---or it a lie born of an ulterior motive.

http://greginhollywood.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/16195938_10154539231696387_1941468219699514855_n-400x266.jpg

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:42 PM

https://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/Trump/conway-alt-facts.jpg

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:44 PM

https://pics.onsizzle.com/just-the-alt-facts-matam-meme-genera-net-just-the-alt-facts-12652270.png

bhaktajan
We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.

This is what every old timer said in Europe just before the 1st World War broke out.

And then, later This is what every old timer said in Europe just before the 2nd World War broke out.

And then, later This is what every old timer said in Syria just before the War broke out.

What is going on? Destiny had absolutely ruled over everyone's better wishes.

Fentoine Lum

Look around at your society, it is built upon "absolute truths" that aren't at all and never were.

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:45 PM

https://memesalad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/1i5aah-678x381.jpg

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:46 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9v0O9-5tHRQTgi1RDld0_21SkfN6UJ7BMB4AopSAL8sdIFjodeQ

Fentoine Lum
09-12-2018, 09:46 PM
This is what every old timer said in Europe just before the 1st World War broke out.

And then, later This is what every old timer said in Europe just before the 2nd World War broke out.

And then, later This is what every old timer said in Syria just before the War broke out.

We'll get to the next war, in addition to our current 8, as soon the capitalists can gin up a bogus excuse.

bhaktajan
09-12-2018, 09:47 PM
I am glad folks are acclimating themselves to expecting that WE NOT BE LIED TO BY THE ADULTS IN THE ROOM.

When we stop following the lies, we create change.

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:48 PM

https://www.madmagazine.com/sites/default/files/imce/2017/01-JAN/MAD-Magazine-Conway_588658df6f74a9.35866177.jpg

bhaktajan
09-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Look around at your society, it is built upon "absolute truths" that aren't at all and never were.

Cool. So it is probably listed on Wikipedia?

Post the list here. PLEASE.

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:49 PM
I am glad folks are acclimating themselves to expecting that WE NOT BE LIED TO BY THE ADULTS IN THE ROOM.

When we stop following the lies, we create change.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGQleS-COEsudtZlsl4a5hMrcSUwBFspNHVPRRav3DvmdeQgeEIw

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:51 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTUqUFZnNqMJ4jv8RLyevMSdFYZesul _6OzYyPtpGtgyYHvIW0

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Cool. So it is probably listed on Wikipedia?

Post the list here. PLEASE.

http://www.joemygod.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/trollcon3-660x330.jpg

bhaktajan
09-12-2018, 09:53 PM
An Absolute "alternate fact"

https://www.albawaba.com/sites/default/files/im/4234234-44.jpg

bhaktajan
09-12-2018, 09:54 PM
You know how such things are judged?

Two lawyers argue before a Judge.

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:54 PM

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-16fu-osLHz8/WIVidZx7abI/AAAAAAAB9kE/b_OrD_1gDCM5NCEetM3lrfEDqbfo4jMIACLcB/s400/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-22%2Bat%2B5.53.33%2BPM.png

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:56 PM
You know how such things are judged?

Two lawyers argue before a Judge.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc_FJK0FfLjhogEf_WD7XGWkkvfEzUa UQemdIrmA37B3ZDC2Q8

Leonthecat
09-12-2018, 09:57 PM
An Absolute "alternate fact"

[IMG]https://www.albawaba.com/sites/default/files/im/4234234-44.jpg[\IMG]

http://rackjite.com/wp-content/uploads/127iiimn.jpg

Old Trapper
09-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Well, it seemed that you were trying to claim that someone said milk being good for everyone is not an absolute truth. I'm not aware of anyone ever having said that. In any case, it does not change the truth that milk is NOT good for everyone. You have not in any way proven that absolute truth does not exist. Every statement ever made is either true or false. That is absolute truth.

If you had paid attention you would have seen earlier posts of mine where I agreed that there is an absolute truth, just not from your example then (God), nor from your example in this phase. For instance, if you had bothered to pay attention to my forst sentence ou would have read this:

"Like as with many words divined by the human mind, there is the possibility of one word, or even a sentence, having many "truths".

In this case the word "milk" is used to define many different types, almond, rice, coconut, soy, etc. In the broader sense of the word milk id s good for everyone. When you narrow the matter down to just one type of milk, soymilk, rice milk, etc., that the word becomes an untruth, and thus it is not an "absolute truth". To that extent, ones "alternate facts" become an "absolute truth" if only to that one person. And in their mind your "absolute truth" becomes an "alternate fact". Then who is the determiner of what is an "absolute truth"? This is not to say that all facts are untruths, it is to say that while you dismiss all "alternate facts" (from your perspective) as being untrue, to others is is not the case.

As an example, Paul taught that to some eating meat was wrong (in particular Romans 14:21, and ignoring the idol argument), to others it was acceptable. Which is the absolute truth?

bhaktajan
09-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Holy Tits Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
Well, it seemed that you were trying to claim that someone said milk being good for everyone is not an absolute truth. I'm not aware of anyone ever having said that. In any case, it does not change the truth that milk is NOT good for everyone.

All babies require milk is an absolute truth.

-Dah End-

<feel free to quibble>

bhaktajan
09-13-2018, 10:26 AM
This is what happened to Jesus:

The Stations of the Cross ...

Kidnapped + physically assaulted + Killed ...

In addition to what happened to Jesus ... we also eat the poor animal.

PS: "Anima" is the Latin word for "Soul"

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Many many many
Kidnap and
physically assault and
Kill ...
and
eat the milk giver
after she's dry.

And all the Old women wonder why?

Grugore
09-13-2018, 01:17 PM
This is what happened to Jesus:

The Stations of the Cross ...

Kidnapped + physically assaulted + Killed ...

In addition to what happened to Jesus ... we also eat the poor animal.

PS: "Anima" is the Latin word for "Soul"

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Many many many
Kidnap and
physically assault and
Kill ...
and
eat the milk giver
after she's dry.

And all the Old women wonder why?

Welcome to my ignore list.