PDA

View Full Version : The Most and Least Educated Religious Groups

Cypress
09-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Reader digest version: Hindus, Jews, mainline Protestants are the most educated.
I was not surprised in the least to see that Muslims are more highly educated than evangelicals and fundamentalist Christians.
The fundamentalist Christians, the evangelical Protestants have the lowest level of educational attainment.

The Most and Least Educated Religious Groups in the U.S.
https://i.imgur.com/K3OUFeB.png?1
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/04/the-most-and-least-educated-u-s-religious-groups/

Bourbon
09-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Artist is arrested for stripping NAKED at French Catholic pilgrimage site

PUBLISHED: 11:19 EDT, 3 September 2018 | UPDATED: 23:58 EDT, 3 September 2018

A performance artist has been arrested for posing naked at a Catholic pilgrimage site in the French town of Lourdes.

Infamous provocateur and feminist Deborah de Robertis stripped off at the Sanctuary of our Lady of Lourdes on Friday.

Wearing only a blue veil on her head, she stood in front of a statue adorned with candles and placed her hands in a praying position.

Visitors were visibly shocked by her actions with one upset onlooker even trying to cover her with the veil.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/03/16/4FAB50F300000578-6127235-image-a-22_1535988137657.jpg

Irish Exit
09-05-2018, 03:44 PM
That is because people use the education & religious activities loopholes to get themselves through the immigration lines faster....

jimmymccready
09-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Educated Anglican and Episcopal kick ass on other American Christian denominations.

Cypress
09-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Educated Anglican and Episcopal kick ass on other American Christian denominations.

It rings true to me.

Granted, my life experience is not a valid statistical sampling, but I have been to services and met the full range of major religious groups in American. And the Episcopalians and Anglicans always struck me as a highly educated demographic. As did the Quakers, Jews, and Unitarians. I don't have a ton of experience with the Catholics. The Eastern Orthodox Christians, the black American-Muslims and the first generation Muslims seem to have above average educational achievement.

You know the only group that has consistently tried to convince me that the Earth is 6,000 years old, that the bible is a record of literal history, and that evolution and natural selection is a hoax? It was evangelical protestants aka fundamentalist Christians who were making that case to me.

cawacko
09-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Reader digest version: Hindus, Jews, mainline Protestants are the most educated.
I was not surprised in the least to see that Muslims are more highly educated than evangelicals and fundamentalist Christians.
The fundamentalist Christians, the evangelical Protestants have the lowest level of educational attainment.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/04/the-most-and-least-educated-u-s-religious-groups/

Since tone can often be difficult to deduce on this board I'm asking this as an honest question and not in a confrontational manner.

We've had discussions before on trade where you said me being a free trader made me against the average working person. Fair enough, that's your belief. Many blue collar (non college degreed) working people are religious and family, their faith and community are very important to them. You have made your disdain for religion pretty clear (or at least Christians) which again is your right. But seeing as how you do look down upon many of these blue collar workers does that make you a (political) ally to them?

I know that comes across as accusatory which isn't the best way to have a good conversation but I'm trying to understand the idea of being for the working guy yet having a strong disregard for their lifestyle.

Cypress
09-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Since tone can often be difficult to deduce on this board I'm asking this as an honest question and not in a confrontational manner.

We've had discussions before on trade where you said me being a free trader made me against the average working person. Fair enough, that's your belief. Many blue collar (non college degreed) working people are religious and family, their faith and community are very important to them. You have made your disdain for religion pretty clear (or at least Christians) which again is your right. But seeing as how you do look down upon many of these blue collar workers does that make you a (political) ally to them?

I know that comes across as accusatory which isn't the best way to have a good conversation but I'm trying to understand the idea of being for the working guy yet having a strong disregard for their lifestyle.

I do not accept the premise of your question.

I do not abhor blue collar men and women.

I ahbor and detest ignorance.

My step-father was a regular working guy, and one of the wisest men I know.

A lot of college graduates thought invading Iraq was a great idea. Some are on this board.

Some people with high school degrees or less, thought invading Iraq was a dumb ass idea.

I know many highly educated or otherwise intelligent religious people - Jews, Catholics, Quakers, Muslims, and yes, Methodists and Baptists.

Ignorance is often - but not always - associated with religious fundamentalism and its hostility to free will and scholarly knowledge.

“It's an universal law-- intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education. An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound education breeds humility.”
― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2018, 02:59 PM

I hate when people do that Wacko. You would have a point if you qualified your comment about his disdain for fundamentalist/evengelical Christians.

Why do people misidentifying them as the whole of Christianity. So what are Catholics, Methodist and Mainstream Protestants or were you trying to create a straw man?