PDA

View Full Version : The Most Post-Christian Cities in the U.S.

Guno צְבִי
08-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Yes the higher the education levels the lower the levels of Christianity

Hint, the top 10 post christian cities are not in jesusland

and a list of major cities, see where yours is on the bible thumping scale

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/andygill/post-christian-cities-us/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Best%20of%20Patheos&utm_content=57

kudzu
08-14-2018, 01:41 AM

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/andygill/post-christian-cities-us/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Best%20of%20Patheos&utm_content=57

Do not believe in God
Identify as atheist or agnostic
Disagree that faith is important in their lives
Have not prayed to God (in the last week)
Have never made a commitment to Jesus
Disagree the Bible is accurate
Have not donated money to a church (in the last year)
Have not attended a Christian church (in the last 6 months)
Agree that Jesus committed sins
Do not feel a responsibility to “share their faith”
Have not read the Bible (in the last week)
Have not volunteered at church (in the last week)
Have not attended Sunday school (in the last week)
Have not attended religious small group (in the last week)

PostmodernProphet
08-14-2018, 05:36 AM

is it any surprise they are all failing communities run by demmycrats?......

Norah
08-17-2018, 12:28 PM
I’ll take Jesus over whatever the popular definition of being educated may be. I’d also take small towns over big cities any day of the week.

Guno צְבִי
08-17-2018, 01:09 PM
I’ll take Jesus over whatever the popular definition of being educated may be. I’d also take small towns over big cities any day of the week.

you would take a dead guy nailed on two sticks? no wonder America is behind the world in Science

Norah
08-17-2018, 04:10 PM
you would take a dead guy nailed on two sticks? no wonder America is behind the world in Science

I put my trust, my heart, and my faith in Him, but that doesn’t mean that I am against science. What do you consider to be educated? I recently graduated with a bachelor of science degree in animal science with a concentration in livestock management. I’m technically more educated in that particular field than most other students that majored in something else at my school but that doesn’t make me overall more educated than each of them. If I moved to a bigger city would that change my education level?

Minister of Truth
08-17-2018, 05:05 PM

Oh, really? Our scientific and technological output is lagging behind the rest of the world (I'm assuming you actually mean Europe, rather than "world.")?

NiftyNiblick
08-17-2018, 05:46 PM
is it any surprise they are all failing communities run by demmycrats?......

Jesus Fucking Christ Yodeling on a Unicycle, how the fuck dumb are you?

If I were religious, I'd say,
"There but for the grace of God go I."

Irish Exit
08-17-2018, 06:41 PM

You forgot to not mention majority-majority in your least educated metric, champ

Boris The Animal
08-17-2018, 06:53 PM

And twice on Tuesday

Boris The Animal
08-17-2018, 06:54 PM

No, the God of Creation who AROSE from the dead!

J Craft
08-18-2018, 10:32 AM

Report (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/01/180124113951.htm) shows United States leads in science and technology as China rapidly advances
Date:
January 24, 2018
Source:
National Science Foundation

leaningright
08-19-2018, 09:47 PM

You hang in there, Norah. I’ll stand right there with you.

Leonthecat
08-19-2018, 09:55 PM
You mean to tell me that smart people realize that, magical beings with supernatural powers who have the ability to grant those who mumble the correct incantations on their knees everlasting life, don't exist?
What a surprise!

Leonthecat
08-19-2018, 10:01 PM

Zombie JEEEEESUUUUUSSSS?

http://championsofhell.com/imgland//938348.jpg

Guno צְבִי
08-25-2018, 04:44 PM

An all powerful god was killed?

leaningright
09-02-2018, 12:24 PM
An all powerful god was killed?

Only by His choice. He allowed it to happen. He freely gave his life though He could have called legions of angels to take him off that cross....but He didn’t. That’s how much He loves me. And not just me ... you as well. Listen to the last line of this song.

https://youtu.be/mP563vwmQB0

domer76
09-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Only by His choice. He allowed it to happen. He freely gave his life though He could have called legions of angels to take him off that cross....but He didn’t. That’s how much He loves me. And not just me ... you as well. Listen to the last line of this song.

https://youtu.be/mP563vwmQB0

Lordy

NiftyNiblick
09-03-2018, 08:56 AM

Great--because you can have them. It all works out.

domer76
09-03-2018, 08:58 AM
I put my trust, my heart, and my faith in Him, but that doesn’t mean that I am against science. What do you consider to be educated? I recently graduated with a bachelor of science degree in animal science with a concentration in livestock management. I’m technically more educated in that particular field than most other students that majored in something else at my school but that doesn’t make me overall more educated than each of them. If I moved to a bigger city would that change my education level?

If you believe that he:

Was of virgin birth
Walked on water
Revived the dead
Healed lepers
Arose from the dead

then you don't have a good grounding in science. Or, perhaps you just like children's stories.

Cypress
09-03-2018, 05:58 PM

I have know plenty of educated people - scientists even - who are devoutly religious.

I think to some extent there is a perception among some secularists that the devout Christian thinks the bible is literal history. Jonah actually lived in the belly of a whale, the Earth is 6000 years old, et al.

I am pretty sure that kind of literalism is pretty much limited to strains of evangelical Protestantism. I certainly personally never experience that kind of Biblical literalism and rejection of evolution in Eastern Orthodoxy, Catholocism, or mainline Protestantism. So in some respects, I think it is unfair to paint all Christians as the type of frequent the Creation Science Museum, or the Noah's Ark Experience theme park.

At it's best, religion to me is a philosophical tradition that guides our choices. I mean, this goes back to Zoroaster, Buddha, Confucius, Jesus, Muhammad, et al. So, at it's bare essence, they are collectively universal philosophical traditions rooted in the Axial Age - traditions who hold to the premise that we all have to make a choice to stay on the path of righteousness or not, and we all are responsible for our moral choices and the consequences that come with them. And that ultimately determines the purity of our souls.
One could argue all day about whether Johan actually lived in the belly of a whale, but I cannot argue with or make fun of the philosophical traditions the buttress the world's major religions at their best.

Wilhelm Zenz
09-22-2018, 11:09 AM
you mean secular like say Iceland?

Wilhelm Zenz
09-22-2018, 04:21 PM
then they really aren't educated

Wilhelm Zenz
09-22-2018, 07:12 PM
doesnt this story sound fishy to you? an all powerful god letting himself be whipped and nailed to a cross? a cross was the common execution method if jesus would have lived in the old west would we all wear little nooses around our necks? if he had been executed by firing squad would we all have to wear bullets instead of crosses, doesnt any of this strike oyu as abad morbid and perverse? i was raised protestant, but toaughtto question everything, i read the bible, and now i definitely reject chritian teaching my god that is the most sadistic book i have ever read.. your god is a psycho a narsistic meglo maniac.. like an abusive alcoholic step father