PDA

View Full Version : Creationist Ken Ham Blames Atheists For Reports That Ark Park Is Failing

Guno צְבִי
08-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Could it be they are running out of people from the shallow end of the gene pool

Sad monkey: Creationist Ken Ham blames atheists and the secular media for reports on the extremely low attendance numbers at his Ark Encounter theme park.

Recent reports indicate that Ken Ham’s Ark Encounter, the life-sized Noah’s Ark attraction near Northern Kentucky, is failing because attendance numbers show that park attendance is way below what was expected.

Media reports that the park’s attendance numbers are way below what was expected sent Ham into an angry Twitter rant where he blamed atheists and the secular media for reporting on the dismal attendance records:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2018/08/creationist-ken-ham-blames-atheists-for-reports-that-ark-park-is-failing/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=BRSS&utm_campaign=Nonreligious&utm_content=367

kudzu
08-08-2018, 12:17 PM
The Louisville Courier Journal reports:

The Ark Encounter sold a little more than 860,000 tickets between July 2017 and June 2018, according to open records obtained by The Freedom From Religion Foundation, a nonprofit that promotes the separation of church and state.

When the park opened in 2016, park officials anticipated 1.4 million to 2.4 million yearly visitors.

Media reports that the park’s attendance numbers are way below what was expected sent Ham into an angry Twitter rant where he blamed atheists and the secular media for reporting on the dismal attendance records:

Another record broken @ArkEncounter as 8500+ poured in Sat as numbers continue to climb despite Fake News from atheists & secular media & @courierjournal @heraldleader @Enquirer & irresponsible journalism @FortuneMagazine – journalists are clueless & seem to hate the Ark success

kudzu
08-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Note: Ham is calling the real attendance numbers submitted by Ark Encounter and obtained by The Freedom From Religion Foundation via an open records request “Fake News,” a tactic often deployed by Trump, who regularly labels legitimate news that makes him look bad “Fake News.”

However, the fact that Ham is being deceitful and deceptive should come as no surprise. His entire career as a Christian Creationist is built upon deception and willful ignorance.

Indeed, Ham’s Ark Encounter is a Christian fundamentalist project based on discredited science and a literal interpretation of Genesis. The Bible-based theme park is designed to be an exercise in Christian propaganda: a deplorable attempt to deceive children and others by denying the scientific reality of biological evolution and promoting Christian mythology as scientific fact.

In essence, the conservative Christian theme park is dedicated to indoctrinating children with ridiculous and discredited claims from the dubious field of “creation science,” claims such as the earth is only 6,000-years-old, that human beings and dinosaurs lived on the earth at the same time, and that the story of Noah’s Ark is true.

ThatOwlWoman
08-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Could it be they are running out of people from the shallow end of the gene pool

Sad monkey: Creationist Ken Ham blames atheists and the secular media for reports on the extremely low attendance numbers at his Ark Encounter theme park.

Recent reports indicate that Ken Ham’s Ark Encounter, the life-sized Noah’s Ark attraction near Northern Kentucky, is failing because attendance numbers show that park attendance is way below what was expected.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2018/08/creationist-ken-ham-blames-atheists-for-reports-that-ark-park-is-failing/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=BRSS&utm_campaign=Nonreligious&utm_content=367

Wait... what? So the reporting of the falling attendance is causing the falling attendance?

I guess we could expect nothing less from a derp who'd spend zillions to build a boring fantasy land based on Stone Age fireside tales.

kudzu
08-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Wait... what? So the reporting of the falling attendance is calling the falling attendance?

I guess we could expect nothing less from a derp who'd spend zillions to build a boring fantasy land based on Stone Age fireside tales.

LOLOL

Blaming atheist and the secular media for his failure is nothing new. Last year Ham made a similar claim after reports circulated that Ark Encounter was experiencing a severe financial crisis.

Bottom line: Attendance numbers show that Ken Ham’s Ark Park is failing, and an angry Ken Ham is blaming atheists and the secular media for the story.

ThatOwlWoman
08-08-2018, 12:34 PM
LOLOL
Blaming atheist and the secular media for his failure is nothing new. Last year Ham made a similar claim after reports circulated that Ark Encounter was experiencing a severe financial crisis.
Bottom line: Attendance numbers show that Ken Ham’s Ark Park is failing, and an angry Ken Ham is blaming atheists and the secular media for the story.

Poor Ken, his bank is going to be mighty angry.... I smell a smiting coming on. lol

kudzu
08-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Poor Ken, his bank is going to be mighty angry.... I smell a smiting coming on. lol

These clowns are all alike..

Guno צְבִי
08-08-2018, 12:43 PM
from April this year

Ken Ham Can’t Find Enough Creationist Employees, So He’s Loosening Restrictions

Last week, we pointed out that Ken Ham was having troubling finding employees for the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter. He had full-time, part-time, and seasonal positions available, but not many takers.

That may be because the application requires everyone — from tour guide to plumber — to include their “salvation testimony” (that they’ve been saved by Jesus), their “Creation belief statement” (that evolution as we know it is a lie and the Earth is only a few thousand years old), and “Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith” (which, among other things, says the “only legitimate marriage” is between opposite sex couples and implies that transgender people don’t really exist).

In short, not only was Answers in Genesis not going to hire Jews, they weren’t even going to hire Christians who strayed from the party line.

It looks like he’s changed his mind about that.

http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/04/10/ken-ham-cant-find-enough-creationist-employees-so-hes-loosening-restrictions/#Dh47qKBVgOBYirQX.99

Cypress
08-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Profiting off the bible takes a person lacking a certain amount of class and character which, surprisingly, appears to be fairly ubiquitous in the bible-thumping rightwing.

Whatever disagreements I have with Islamic theology, I will say they seem to hold their holy book and prophets in great reverence, esteem, and respect. I might be wrong about this, but I doubt there are any Prophet Muhammad entertainment theme parks on this Earth.

ThatOwlWoman
08-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Profiting off the bible takes a person lacking a certain amount of class and character which, surprisingly, appears to be fairly ubiquitous in the bible-thumping rightwing.

Whatever disagreements I have with Islamic theology, I will say they seem to hold their holy book and prophets in great reverence, esteem, and respect. I might be wrong about this, but I doubt there are any Prophet Muhammad entertainment theme parks on this Earth.

Ha! Great post! I've never lived in the Middle East, obviously, but I still haven't heard of any TV Imans exhorting the sinners to send him money in order for him to put in a good word with Allah on their behalf. Plenty of Muslims are wealthy, but so far I haven't heard that they got that way by fleecing the rubes like the Xtian "men of god" do.

kudzu
08-14-2018, 01:45 AM
Sounds like God didn't bless Ham's theme park.

Jack
08-14-2018, 01:57 AM
I'd like to go to this Park. It sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Guno צְבִי
08-14-2018, 03:37 AM
I'd like to go to this Park. It sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

a trip for mocking

Guno צְבִי
08-14-2018, 03:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ndg-Ll6mU

Guno צְבִי
08-14-2018, 03:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ln2epbcEao

Guno צְבִי
08-14-2018, 03:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVHWq0ZGE_Y

Jack
08-14-2018, 06:46 AM
This is a very good video, guno.
Something like this should be built in Jerusalem, I know you agree with this.
It would bring Christians, Jews and Muslims together, showing their shared ancestry.

Grugore
08-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Hey, look! A thread populated almost entirely by idiots on my ignore list.

Guno צְבִי
08-16-2018, 03:06 PM
It would bring Christians, Jews and Muslims together, showing their shared ancestry.

:laugh:

Guno צְבִי
08-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Hey, look! A thread populated almost entirely by idiots on my ignore list.

^ bible thumping porch honkey

Guno צְבִי
08-16-2018, 03:07 PM

hi jack, I take it you gobbled some pork today?