PDA

View Full Version : A nod of respect for Fox news

evince
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JESZiLpBLE

Care4all
09-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Wow, great coverage.... and frightening if it could have been that easy...

evince
09-18-2006, 09:46 AM
There is NO if care it has been proven over and over in demonstrations !

I just cant believe Fox news covered it?

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Well their ratings have dropped a bit, perhaps they like many former Bushies are trying to distance themselves a bit....

evince
09-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Hotel Minibar Keys Open Diebold Voting Machines
Submitted by lambert on Mon, 2006-09-18 13:54.

Election Fraud | Department of How Stupid Do They Think We Are? | diebold | election fraud | Republican contributors

Oh. My. God. Via the really smart people at Freedom to Tinker:

On Wednesday we did a live demo for our Princeton Computer Science colleagues of the vote-stealing software described in our paper and video. Afterward, Chris Tengi, a technical staff member, asked to look at the key that came with the voting machine. He noticed an alphanumeric code printed on the key, and remarked that he had a key at home with the same code on it. The next day he brought in his key and sure enough it opened the voting machine.

This seemed like a freakish coincidence — until we learned how common these keys are.

Chris’s key was left over from a previous job, maybe fifteen years ago. He said the key had opened either a file cabinet or the access panel on an old VAX computer. A little research revealed that the exact same key is used widely in office furniture, electronic equipment, jukeboxes, and hotel minibars. It’s a standard part, and like most standard parts it’s easily purchased on the Internet. We bought several keys from an office furniture key shop — they open the voting machine too. We ordered another key on eBay from a jukebox supply shop. The keys can be purchased from many online merchants.

Nuts, anyone?

Or maybe a stiff drink?

evince
09-18-2006, 02:02 PM
hotel mini bars and Diebold machines have the same fucking keys !

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 02:09 PM
hotel mini bars and Diebold machines have the same fucking keys !

Well I guess that means that all politicians have keys to the voting machines.

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Well I guess we will have a key search of everyone before voting. We never seem to fix any problems , just treat the symptoms.

evince
09-18-2006, 02:14 PM
There is going to be a LONG list of people who need to do some appoligising to me.