PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Bush Overboard

Cypress
09-17-2006, 01:38 PM
"Republcians, Save Yourselves: Blame Bush"

by Joe Scarborough
MSNBC Host of Scarborough Country
Former GOP Congressman

How exactly does one convince the teeming masses that Republicans deserve to stay in power despite botching a war, doubling the national debt, keeping company with Jack Abramoff, fumbling the response to Hurricane Katrina, expanding the government at record rates, raising cronyism to an art form, playing poker with Duke Cunningham, isolating America and repeatedly electing Tom DeLay as their House majority leader?

How does a God-fearing Reagan Republican explain all that away?

Easy. Blame George W. Bush....

Even when the administration would not give generals the troops they needed to win the war in Iraq, Republican leaders did nothing. When the president refused to veto a single spending bill while the deficit spiraled upward, Republican leaders looked away. And when chaos was reigning in the streets of New Orleans and across the Gulf Coast in Katrina's horrific aftermath, Republican leaders remained mute.

That silence -- proof that it is better to be feared than loved in politics -- has had devastating results. The United States is more divided than ever, our leaders are despised around the world, our fiscal situation is catastrophic and congressional approval ratings are the lowest ever. Since nothing sharpens the mind like a political hanging, Republican leaders in the Senate and House are finally considering doing what effete newspaper editorialists have suggested for years: throwing Bush overboard.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/15/AR2006091500996.html

maineman
09-18-2006, 06:06 AM
the tactic might seem reasonable and appropriate, however, I doubt they will be able to wash the blood off their hands that easily.

I certainly hope not.

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 07:01 AM
But god has told bush to do what he did. anyone wh says bad things about our leader must be working for satan.

Cypress
09-18-2006, 07:07 AM
the tactic might seem reasonable and appropriate, however, I doubt they will be able to wash the blood off their hands that easily.

I certainly hope not.

Scarborough has a case, but it seems to be a tough one to sell. The GOP congress, after being a rubber-stamp for bush for five years, will have a hard time two months before an election claiming that Bush doesn't represent them.

Its like the situation we have seen on message boards: people who voted twice for bush, and defending him to the hilt for the last four or five years "suddenly" claiming that they never really liked bush. A hard sell.

maineman
09-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Dixie, on the other hand, still LOVES Bush and gets a chubby seeing him in bluejeans ;)

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Or in a suit on a Harley Maine :)