Homeless Man, 26, Gets Hundreds Of Job Offers After Passing Out His Resume On Highway

Bourbon

In Yo Face!
A homeless man in Mountain View, California, is reportedly sifting through hundreds of job offers mere days after passing out his resume alongside a highway.

Wearing a suit and tie on Friday, 26-year-old David Casarez held up a sign at a median that read: “HOMELESS. HUNGRY 4 SUCCESS. TAKE A RESUME.” “This is my make it or break it moment,” Casarez told KNTV of what inspired his bold move. “I have to do something crazy.”

Casarez graduated with a degree in management information systems from Texas A&M University and worked as a General Motors web developer in Austin, Texas, the New York Post reports. But when he moved to California in hopes of creating a startup, he lost all of his money and the vehicle that he had been living in. He has been sleeping in a park ever since, he told the outlet.

His luck changed on Friday when a driver Jasmine Scofield passed by and asked if she could put his picture online. “Today I saw this young homeless man asking for people to take a resume rather than asking for money,” Scofield wrote on Twitter. “If anyone in the Silicon Valley could help him out, that would be amazing. Please RT so we can help David out!”...More..

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good...esume-on-highway-median/ar-BBLdRlW?li=BBnbfcL

The tweet has more than 118,000 retweets and 186,000 likes. Casarez has received about 200 job offers, including from Google, Neflix and LinkedIn, according to a tweet by Scofield.

homless-man-hands-out-resumes.jpg

A homeless man in Mountain View, California, is reportedly sifting through hundreds of job offers mere days after passing out his resume alongside a highway.

Wearing a suit and tie on Friday, 26-year-old David Casarez held up a sign at a median that read: “HOMELESS. HUNGRY 4 SUCCESS. TAKE A RESUME.” “This is my make it or break it moment,” Casarez told KNTV of what inspired his bold move. “I have to do something crazy.”

Casarez graduated with a degree in management information systems from Texas A&M University and worked as a General Motors web developer in Austin, Texas, the New York Post reports. But when he moved to California in hopes of creating a startup, he lost all of his money and the vehicle that he had been living in. He has been sleeping in a park ever since, he told the outlet.

His luck changed on Friday when a driver Jasmine Scofield passed by and asked if she could put his picture online. “Today I saw this young homeless man asking for people to take a resume rather than asking for money,” Scofield wrote on Twitter. “If anyone in the Silicon Valley could help him out, that would be amazing. Please RT so we can help David out!”...More..

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good...esume-on-highway-median/ar-BBLdRlW?li=BBnbfcL

The tweet has more than 118,000 retweets and 186,000 likes. Casarez has received about 200 job offers, including from Google, Neflix and LinkedIn, according to a tweet by Scofield.

homless-man-hands-out-resumes.jpg

Unlike most of those in his situation that beg for money, he was willing to earn his way. Good for him. He's the exception not the rule.

Let's look at the general rule. Several years ago when I was putting an addition on my house, I was looking for someone to do some general cleanup work (sweeping, putting trash in the dumpster, etc.). There was an intersection where a homeless person frequented holding a sign that said "Will work for food". Having seen him there quite often, I stopped and asked him if he wanted to work and that I would not only feed him, I'd pay him $10/hour. When he found out what type work it was, he said he couldn't do that but he'd take some money for food. I told him if he wanted something to eat to eat his sign.

THAT, is what America is all about

I completely agree with you.

Do you think Bourbon considers him the general rule or would acknowledge he's the rare exception?

The homeless I see at the intersections have signs that say things indicating their homeless while asking for a handout.

Someone that wanted to work and has the skills did what someone who wants to work and has skills should do. Look for one. The other 99/100 homeless will continue to beg for a living, unwilling to work, while proving that is the general rule.

Unlike most of those in his situation that beg for money, he was willing to earn his way. Good for him. He's the exception not the rule.

Let's look at the general rule. Several years ago when I was putting an addition on my house, I was looking for someone to do some general cleanup work (sweeping, putting trash in the dumpster, etc.). There was an intersection where a homeless person frequented holding a sign that said "Will work for food". Having seen him there quite often, I stopped and asked him if he wanted to work and that I would not only feed him, I'd pay him $10/hour. When he found out what type work it was, he said he couldn't do that but he'd take some money for food. I told him if he wanted something to eat to eat his sign.

You do work hard at being negative

Yeah, americans are lazy and don't want to work, that's the problem. But hey, we're still an exceptional nation and people.

Back