Giuliani says he's not sure collusion is a crime

No. Not at all.

Collusion: "a deceitful agreement or compact between two or more persons, for the one party to bring an action against the other for some evil purpose, as to defraud a third party."

Conspiracy: "a combination or confederacy between two or more persons formed for the purposes of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act, or some act which is innocent in itself, but becomes unlawful when done by the concerted action of the conspirators."

Yep, I agree,nearly the same It is possible to collude without having a conspiracy, but not possible top have a conspiracy without colluding... Mueller has not used either term. Conspiracy is opened by Rudy every time he opens his food hole. Mentioned a second meeting in Trump Tower today.

Last edited:
Now why would he come out and say that? :laugh:

President Donald Trump's lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said Monday that he's not sure collusion with Russia would be considered a crime.

But legal experts have repeatedly said that anyone found collaborating with Russia on the 2016 election could be charged with other crimes, such as conspiracy -- and special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation is ongoing.
Asked about former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's upcoming trial, Giuliani told CNN "New Day" co-anchor Alisyn Camerota that Manafort "was not involved with intimate business relationships with Donald Trump."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/30/politics/rudy-giuliani-collusion-crime-cnntv/index.html

Trump picks this drunken idiot as his front man?

I never thought, nor did I think any adult democrats ever thought, collusion was a crime. I have always heard that from the right. Obstruction of justice, on the other hand is. The only people I hear saying collusion is a crime is RWers.

No. Not at all.

Collusion: "a deceitful agreement or compact between two or more persons, for the one party to bring an action against the other for some evil purpose, as to defraud a third party."

Conspiracy: "a combination or confederacy between two or more persons formed for the purposes of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act, or some act which is innocent in itself, but becomes unlawful when done by the concerted action of the conspirators."
I love it when someone uses a dictionary to define WTF we are taking about. :thumbsup:

I would think any non-illegal colluding by the Trump campaign with Russian government or their operatives
would be impeachable - but only if Trump was aware and approved. "High crimes and misdemeanors" can be applied as dereliction of office

Collusion is another name for conspiracy. You can call it that if it lets you sleep better. Trump and his people worked with Russia hackers and military, Wikileaks and Facebook to hurt Hillary in the election. Some of us patriotic Americans are not happy with that.

Working with Russian hackers is basically what the Mueller investigation is working to prove. Working with the Russian military would have already been outed/leaked, so we can probably rule that out. I'd say it's pretty obvious that Zuckerberg and the FB team would not be conspiring with a political opponent in any manner. Finally, I would say that the history of WikiLeaks shows that it is not really a pro-conservative/US operation, even if it might have temporarily had a gripe with the Obama Administration and Hillary Clinton.

Certainly, it's very possible that the Trump team conspired with Russian hackers, though.

Rudy leaked that there was another meeting before the one we knew about with Trump in the tower. That one included Gates who is cooperating with Mueller. Rudy is trying to get ahead of it, so his collusion talk is his attempt. It boils down to what Mueller charges and he has not said a word. Campaign violations is easy to prove. But there is likely big fun in Trumps legal future.

Back