My client didn’t do it… But if he did…

Collusion is evidence of conspiracy.

Impeachable.
no it's not. stop making up your own definitions.
I can collude with someone for a non-corrupt purpose,and is it NOT a criminal conspiracy!

But here's a question back.
How in the hell could da Russians work with Trump? what is that scenario?
How could Trump and Putin co-ordinate to shape an election?

( and you should take into account just how tough Trump has been on Russia) if you can show any scenario

So, actions can’t be crimes unless they are defined by a legal term? That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Is shooting someone in cold blood a legal term?
any collusion has to rise up to a corrupt conspiracy level to be illegal. "Crimes" by nature ARE a legal term!
one violates a written statute

A rose by any other name…

I love the new Republican defense, collusion isn’t defined as a crime specifically in the statute, so it can’t be a crime. That’s like saying, nowhere in the statute does it say lynching is illegal so it can’t be a crime.

no it's not. stop making up your own definitions.
I can collude with someone for a non-corrupt purpose,and is it NOT a criminal conspiracy!

But here's a question back.
How in the hell could da Russians work with Trump? what is that scenario?
How could Trump and Putin co-ordinate to shape an election?

( and you should take into account just how tough Trump has been on Russia) if you can show any scenario

Trump has not been tough on Russia, he was so reluctant to impose the sanctions, which was the only punishment for their election hacking.

One way Trump could’ve colluded illegally with Russia is if he shared his meta-data and demographic data so that they could help him and point and target specific voters via the Internet.

A rose by any other name…

I love the new Republican defense, collusion isn’t defined as a crime specifically in the statute, so it can’t be a crime. That’s like saying, nowhere in the statute does it say lynching is illegal so it can’t be a crime.
WTF are you talking about? A lynching is homicide.. a "cold blooded murder" is homicide..the actions fit the definition of a crime.

simple collusion ( coordination) between parties is NOT A CRIME - unless it meets the legal def of a conspiricy!

WTF are you talking about? A lynching is homicide.. a "cold blooded murder" is homicide..the actions fit the definition of a crime.

simple collusion ( coordination) between parties is NOT A CRIME - unless it meets the legal def of a conspiricy!

A conspiracy requires collusion. So they are not divorced concepts. On the Fed level, collusion may not be defined as a crime, but its results are.

Lynching meets the legal definition of homicide, in most cases. Collusion meets the legal definition of several crimes in many cases.
It doesn’t have to be conspiracy.

By the way there are conspiracies that are not criminals. I can conspire with my sister to convince my parents to visit her this Christmas, And that is not a crime.

Trump has not been tough on Russia, he was so reluctant to impose the sanctions, which was the only punishment for their election hacking.

One way Trump could’ve colluded illegally with Russia is if he shared his meta-data and demographic data so that they could help him and point and target specific voters via the Internet.
it would have to be known sharing . not some back door digital access. Trump would have to have a "state of mind" while doing so..

Trump imposed all sanctions -some were delayed because they had to FIND the right targets after using the Forbes list for teh first go round.

Trump has sold Javelin (TOW like missiles) to Ukraine militias, increased NATO spending.
increased funding of European Reassurance Initiative. Permanent deployments in Finland.
And we are contemplating a base in Poland, and we are going forwards with an ABM system Obama delayed.

I personally think ^ all of this^ is stupid -but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
That’s like saying, nowhere in the statute does it say lynching is illegal so it can’t be a crime.

except statutes in most states do say that lynching is illegal.........no statutes say that collusion is illegal....

Lynching meets the legal definition of homicide, in most cases. Collusion meets the legal definition of several crimes in many cases.
It doesn’t have to be conspiracy.

By the way there are conspiracies that are not criminals. I can conspire with my sister to convince my parents to visit her this Christmas, And that is not a crime.
where do you see collusion as a crime that is not a conspiracy? It could violate a proprietary agreement,but not a criminal code
Yes I know the term is "criminal conspiracy"

where do you see collusion as a crime that is not a conspiracy? It could violate a proprietary agreement,but not a criminal code
Yes I know the term is "criminal conspiracy"

If I Drive the getaway car in a bank robbery, I am guilty of bank robbery, not conspiracy to commit bank robbery.

If I convince a foreign nation to assist in a presidential campaign (collusion) I have broken the law against foreign nations assisting in presidential campaigns.

Back