Putin: "I Wanted Trump To Win"

normally you would have to prove an accusation not disprove a negative.

Most of the accusations in the dossier have been shown to be accurate. There are only a few things left to be proven.
By his track record, steele's information in this document can be assumed to be correct.

Are you saying it affected Trump in the presidential election? How is that, when it wasn't public knowledge until BuzzFeed published it in JANUARY 2017?

You’re missing the point.

Why would the Russians go to the trouble to install Trump only to turn around and sabotage his presidency with the Steele Dossier?

It’s a clear contradiction.

Steele dossier is raw intelligence. unfit for FISA. FISA requires "accurate and verified" ( Woods procedure)

Most of the accusations in the dossier have been shown to be accurate. There are only a few things left to be proven.
By his track record, steele's information in this document can be assumed to be correct.

If that were true wouldn’t Trump have been impeached months ago or even last year lol?

You’re missing the point.

Why would the Russians go to the trouble to install Trump only to turn around and sabotage his presidency with the Steele Dossier?

No Darth, I'm not missing the point. It wasn't the same Russians.

Steele's "collectors" were people he had been using for years in his commercial intelligence operation. They were not government agents, lol.

In July 2016 he activated them: "What's the scuttle-butt on Donald Trump? Let me know what you hear."

And he seems to have been genuinely alarmed at what came back.

Steele's "collectors" were people he had been using for years in his commercial intelligence operation. They were not government agents, lol.

In July 2016 he activated them: "What's the scuttle-butt on Donald Trump? Let me know what you hear."

And he seems to have been genuinely alarmed at what came back.

And I hope Putin doesn’t find out who these Russians are lol.

In July 2016 he activated them: "What's the scuttle-butt on Donald Trump? Let me know what you hear." See?
But no doubt he had a working relationship with knowledgeable contacts in London and elsewhere in the West, from angry émigrés to wheeling-and-dealing oligarchs always eager to curry favor with a man with ties to the Secret Service, to political dissidents with well-honed axes to grind. And, perhaps most promising of all, he had access to the networks of well-placed Joes—to use the jargon of his former profession—he’d directed from his desk at London Station, assets who had their eyes and ears on the ground in Russia.

How good were these sources? Consider what Steele would write in the memos he filed with Simpson: Source A—to use the careful nomenclature of his dossier—was “a senior Russian Foreign Ministry figure.” Source B was “a former top level intelligence officer still active in the Kremlin.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...ssian-dossier-was-compiled-christopher-steele

How good were these sources? Consider what Steele would write in the memos ...

You're suggesting it may have been an elaborate disinformation operation, mounted by the Kremlin for some unknown reason, and despite his long experience Steele fell for it? That's ... not impossible.

Hello Darth,

In a prior post you claimed that a compromised election should require a do-over.

Do I need to copy and paste?

I did. Pay attention, please. I am speaking literally, here. I did not specify that the 2016 election should be negated and reheld. That is a different sentence. You will not find a quote of me saying precisely that. And now I am further clarifying that I do not expect to make a new law which retroactively applies to transpired events. Can I make this any clearer? Did you even -read- the sentence where I talked about making this apply to future events?

Hello noise,

Steele dossier was critical to the FISA - which allowed spying on the campaign thru acccess by Carter Page's Emails and electronic correspondence.

we still don't know what the EC says, and we may not ever if the Dems control the House.
They only care about shutting down Nunes,not finding out why informants were run at the Trump campaign
before the July 31, 2016 EC ( founding date) . Why was those earlier actions not part of the investigation? ( they were)

If the FBI was investigating something with the campaign that is a completely different thing than the White House having a spy in the campaign. No one has suggested nor shown that Trump campaign information flowed from the FBI to Obama. That is a rumor with nothing to support it. If there were any meat to that burger, it would be a Nixon-esque media circus. Was the FBI already investigating if the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians to get and use dirt on Hillary? That is the more likely situation.

Hello Darth,

I did. Pay attention, please. I am speaking literally, here. I did not specify that the 2016 election should be negated and reheld. That is a different sentence. You will not find a quote of me saying precisely that. And now I am further clarifying that I do not expect to make a new law which retroactively applies to transpired events. Can I make this any clearer? Did you even -read- the sentence where I talked about making this apply to future events?

You never explicitly mentioned the future but I’ll accept that.

You’re still asking for anarchy. If 2016 is the standard for ‘compromised’ elections, where no serious commentators—or even the IC, claims that Russia affected the outcome, then any future election can be overturned for any number of reasons.

I linked a poll this morning that showed where 86% of Democrats believe the Russians affected the outcome of the election. That’s an astounding number. And they have no evidence for it other than their opinions. Or they can refer to no authority beyond Trump hating talking heads.

Let’s go back in time. Let’s say a sufficient number of people think the 2012 election was ‘compromised’ because Obama wasn’t born in the country. And they move to have the election over turned.

Keep in mind they would need no actual evidence—according to your own standards.

It’s loony.

If the FBI was investigating something with the campaign that is a completely different thing than the White House having a spy in the campaign ... Was the FBI already investigating if the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians to get and use dirt on Hillary?

The following article appeared in the Guardian, April 2017. I have posted it on this board before, but no one on the Trump side ever addressed it.

British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

Britain’s spy agencies played a crucial role in alerting their counterparts in Washington to contacts between members of Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives, the Guardian has been told.

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

<snip>

The Guardian has been told the FBI and the CIA were slow to appreciate the extensive nature of contacts between Trump’s team and Moscow ahead of the US election. This was in part due to US law that prohibits US agencies from examining the private communications of American citizens without warrants. “They are trained not to do this,” the source stressed.

“It looks like the [US] agencies were asleep,” the source added. “They [the European agencies] were saying: ‘There are contacts going on between people close to Mr Trump and people we believe are Russian intelligence agents. You should be wary of this.’

“The message was: ‘Watch out. There’s something not right here.’”

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/13/british-spies-first-to-spot-trump-team-links-russia

It wasn't Obama spying on Trump, or the Steele dossier which came later. It was a situation that had never arisen before - the possibility that a presidential candidate's campaign was collaborating with a hostile foreign power. I don't know if there's fire behind the smoke, but with intelligence like that coming in the FBI had to investigate it.

The following article appeared in the Guardian, April 2017. I have posted it on this board before, but no one on the Trump side ever addressed it.

British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

Britain’s spy agencies played a crucial role in alerting their counterparts in Washington to contacts between members of Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives, the Guardian has been told.

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

<snip>

The Guardian has been told the FBI and the CIA were slow to appreciate the extensive nature of contacts between Trump’s team and Moscow ahead of the US election. This was in part due to US law that prohibits US agencies from examining the private communications of American citizens without warrants. “They are trained not to do this,” the source stressed.

“It looks like the [US] agencies were asleep,” the source added. “They [the European agencies] were saying: ‘There are contacts going on between people close to Mr Trump and people we believe are Russian intelligence agents. You should be wary of this.’

“The message was: ‘Watch out. There’s something not right here.’”

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/13/british-spies-first-to-spot-trump-team-links-russia

It wasn't Obama spying on Trump, or the Steele dossier which came later. It was a situation that had never arisen before - the possibility that a presidential candidate's campaign was collaborating with a hostile foreign power. I don't know if there's fire behind the smoke, but with intelligence like that coming in the FBI had to investigate it.

The reason we don’t address it is because ‘linked to Russia’ is so weak.

You realize the Clinton Foundation was ‘linked to Russia’? The DNC was ‘linked to Russians’ with the Dossier?

The reason we don’t address it is because ‘linked to Russia’ is so weak.

Try it this way:

Britain’s spy agencies played a crucial role in alerting their counterparts in Washington to contacts between members of Hillary Clinton’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives.
GCHQ became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Clinton and known or suspected Russian agents.
Over the next six months a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Clinton’s inner circle and Russians.
The European agencies were saying: ‘There are contacts going on between people close to Ms Clinton and people we believe are Russian intelligence agents. You should be wary of this.’

Still too weak? Nothing that needs looking into? Forget it, happens all the time.

Try it this way:

Britain’s spy agencies played a crucial role in alerting their counterparts in Washington to contacts between members of Hillary Clinton’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives.
GCHQ became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Clinton and known or suspected Russian agents.
Over the next six months a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Clinton’s inner circle and Russians.
The European agencies were saying: ‘There are contacts going on between people close to Ms Clinton and people we believe are Russian intelligence agents.’

Still too weak? Nothing that needs looking into? Forget it, happens all the time.

Umm...are you forgetting the Clinton campaign interacted with the Russians through Steele?

And for some reason they [lying Strzok and fired McCabe] ‘forgot’ to add that little tidbit when they approached the FISA court with it. And I think Rosenstein signed off on one of the warrants.

Like I said, the reason we don’t address it is because it falls on deaf ears.

Back