LeBron James Opens School in Akron

cawacko

Very cool to see, helping out at risk kids in G.O.A.T. state in the Union.

LeBron James: Opening school to be one of greatest moments in life

LeBron James expects Monday to be one of the greatest moments of his life as his LeBron James Family Foundation and the Akron (Ohio) Public Schools launch a new elementary school for at-risk children in his hometown.

The I Promise School is the culmination of nearly a decade of work by James' foundation, with its focus on educating children from challenging situations or backgrounds. The school will begin with two grades, third and fourth, with plans to expand in the coming years.

James' life was turned around between fourth and fifth grade, when he had perfect attendance, thanks to the intervention of the Walker family. In 1993, the Walkers took James in and encouraged his education at a city school in Akron.

James is now trying to act in that role by donating millions to the project and securing support from corporate and educational sponsors.

The I Promise School has a longer school day and longer school year. More than 40 staff members will attempt to accelerate the development of children who qualify for the program based on performance and socioeconomic factors.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...g-school-akron-ohio-one-greatest-moments-life

LeBron James expects Monday to be one of the greatest moments of his life as his LeBron James Family Foundation and the Akron (Ohio) Public Schools launch a new elementary school for at-risk children in his hometown.

The I Promise School is the culmination of nearly a decade of work by James' foundation, with its focus on educating children from challenging situations or backgrounds. The school will begin with two grades, third and fourth, with plans to expand in the coming years.

James' life was turned around between fourth and fifth grade, when he had perfect attendance, thanks to the intervention of the Walker family. In 1993, the Walkers took James in and encouraged his education at a city school in Akron.

James is now trying to act in that role by donating millions to the project and securing support from corporate and educational sponsors.

The I Promise School has a longer school day and longer school year. More than 40 staff members will attempt to accelerate the development of children who qualify for the program based on performance and socioeconomic factors.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...g-school-akron-ohio-one-greatest-moments-life

LeBron is not alone in giving back to American communities.

A plethora of athletes are doing it.

It should be the role of every citizen in this nation, but we do not invest in society, we choose to invest in the aristocracy and the military with which they rule the planet with instead.

LeBron is one of my favorite athletes. I don't really get why he's polarizing. "The Decision" was poorly handled, but even that was to benefit a good organization.

He gives a ton back to the community, never gets into any kind of trouble & is a great family man. He sets a great example for everyone.

LeBron is one of my favorite athletes. I don't really get why he's polarizing. "The Decision" was poorly handled, but even that was to benefit a good organization.

He gives a ton back to the community, never gets into any kind of trouble & is a great family man. He sets a great example for everyone.

That's their problem with him, that was part of their problem with Obama' they could never goad either of these men into stereotypes. And Obama was even worse, because he was the product of a biracial union.

He also worked with Nicole Curtis of Rehab Addict to do a total house renovation for a deserving family. It was a great series of episodes.

https://www.hgtv.com/shows/rehab-ad...ict-akron-with-lebron-james-and-nicole-curtis

Like all pro athletes lebron should give away ALL of his salary except say $70,000 a year. He is just a dumb jock with a job of no social value.

giphy.gif

28940003a54a16e45948

That's awesome. So much better to have kids look up to star athletes than to blinged-out drug dealers and other criminals. Or creatures like Trump, although that's redundant.

That's awesome. So much better to have kids look up to star athletes than to blinged-out drug dealers and other criminals.

HAHAHAHA. You think it's good for kids to idolize silly useless jocks??? You are dumber than a 3-legged joo. Kids should idolize engineers and businessmen and plumbers and auto repairmen. USEFUL PEOPLE.

I can't believe how stupid you are. I mean even for a girl.

Back