Russian Trolls

Lesh

Verified User
From crooksandliars
https://crooksandliars.com/2018/07/how-russian-government-used-disinformation

It’s no surprise that these Russian trolls spent most of their time on Facebook and Instagram: Two-thirds of Americans get at least some news on social media. The trolls spread out across both platforms, seeking to encourage conflict on any topic that was getting a lot of attention: immigration, religion, the Black Lives Matter movement and other hot-button issues.

When describing how he managed all of the fake social media accounts, the ex-troll said: “First, you gotta be a redneck from Kentucky, then you need to be a white guy from Minnesota, you’ve slaved away all your life and paid your taxes, and then 15 minutes later you are from New York posting in some Black slang.”

Sound familiar?

They're on this board as well.

I do not think Russian state intelligence services would waste their time on justplainpolitics dot com, which has maybe 20 regular members, not including socks and trolls.

I think what you have is a Republican party and its hyper-partisan members, willing to collaborate with the Kremlin, willing to subvert democracy, willing the thwart the will of the people, and willing to attack and undermine a free press.

Modern conservatives have basically always been like that. They did not need GRU or FSB to convince them of the benefits of authoritarianism and to embrace hostility to democracy.

I do not think Russian state intelligence services would waste their time on justplainpolitics dot com, which has maybe 20 regular members, not including socks and trolls.

I think what you have is a Republican party and its hyper-partisan members, willing to collaborate with the Kremlin, willing to subvert democracy, willing the thwart the will of the people, and willing to attack and undermine a free press.

Modern conservatives have basically always been like that. They did not need GRU or FSB to convince them of the benefits of authoritarianism and to embrace hostility to democracy.

There most certainly are Russian trolls on this forum

And Twitter shadow banned republicans

So if the Russians figured out how to shadow ban Democrats ..u idiots would be the first to cry about it

But since Twitter was doing it all on its own and in the Democrats favor not a peep

From crooksandliars

It’s no surprise that these Russian trolls spent most of their time on Facebook and Instagram: Two-thirds of Americans get at least some news on social media. The trolls spread out across both platforms, seeking to encourage conflict on any topic that was getting a lot of attention: immigration, religion, the Black Lives Matter movement and other hot-button issues.

When describing how he managed all of the fake social media accounts, the ex-troll said: “First, you gotta be a redneck from Kentucky, then you need to be a white guy from Minnesota, you’ve slaved away all your life and paid your taxes, and then 15 minutes later you are from New York posting in some Black slang.”

Sound familiar?

This is correct. In fact, every person you've ever disagreed with on the internet is in fact a Russian bot. Every single one. Even in 1995, when Betty said you didn't need so much salt in that potato salad recipe. Russian.

Russian right here, telling you that there aren't Russians here plotting every second of the day to destroy you.

most are programed bots

Russians are easy for Putin to pay to post all day long

their economy is shit and they have a lot of people

There most certainly are Russian trolls on this forum

ghost-clipart-boo-11.jpg

:mun:

most are programed bots

Russians are easy for Putin to pay to post all day long

their economy is shit and they have a lot of people

I think we are in the habit of presuming that a real American would never choose loyalty to the Kremlin or loyalty to their Party, over loyalty to country.

It is easier, and less disturbing, to write them off as Russian bots.

I am under no illusions that the Republican Party has a substantial constituency for which loyalty to Party matters above all else, and I have zero doubt that the Republican Party is anti-democratic, anti-free press, and seeks to thwart the will of the people. Their authoritarian tendencies have been on full display for years, if not decades. That is exactly why the authoritarian Kremlin favors Republicans.

In that context, I do not need bots, FSB, GRU, or the Kremlin to explain the appalling anti-Americanism of Republican posters.

I think we are in the habit of presuming that a real American would never choose loyalty to the Kremlin or loyalty to their Party, over loyalty to country.

It is easier, and less disturbing, to write them off as Russian bots.

I am under no illusions that the Republican Party has a substantial constituency for which loyalty to Party matters above all else, and I have zero doubt that the Republican Party is anti-democratic, anti-free press, and seeks to thwart the will of the people. Their authoritarian tendencies have been on full display for years, if not decades. That is exactly why the authoritarian Kremlin favors Republicans.

In that context, I do not need bots, FSB, GRU, or the Kremlin to explain the appalling anti-Americanism of Republican posters.

yes the russians are using a stick they found in America to beat us with

the stick keeps breaking every time they swat us with it

soon the stick will be nothing but saw dust

From crooksandliars

Sound familiar?

Yeah you are.

This is correct. In fact, every person you've ever disagreed with on the internet is in fact a Russian bot. Every single one. Even in 1995, when Betty said you didn't need so much salt in that potato salad recipe. Russian.

Libs are so gullible, they cannot imagine everyone is not like them.

Dutch spies watched as Russians hacked US Democrats: report
Listen | Print
By AFP Jan 26, 2018 in World

Dutch intelligence services have provided "crucial evidence" to US counterparts about Russian meddling in the 2016 elections, Dutch media reported Friday.
After penetrating the network of Russian hackers known as Cozy Bear, the Dutch agents alerted US spy chiefs as they watched the Russians transfer "thousands" of Democratic Party emails ahead of the presidential vote.
The Dutch national intelligence service (AIVD) had been watching the notorious group since 2014, according to the respected Volkskrant daily, and a Dutch TV news programme Nieuwsuur.
They have provided "crucial evidence of the Russian involvement" as well as "technical" proof in the hacking of the US Democratic Party, the reports said, citing anonymous US and Dutch sources.
After digging themselves by chance into the Russians' computer network run out of a university building near Moscow's Red Square, the Dutch agents also gained access to the security cameras surveilling the room.
"Not only can the intelligence service now see what the Russians are doing, they can also see who's doing it," the Volkskrant said.
The AIVD alerted its US counterparts when in 2015 it became a "witness to the Russian hackers harassing and penetrating the leaders of the Democratic Party, transferring thousands of emails and documents," it said.
"Yet, it will be months before the United States realise what this warning means: that with these hacks the Russians have interfered with the American elections. And the AIVD hackers have seen it happening before their very eyes."
Pictures obtained from the security cameras, led the AIVD to conclude that Cozy Bear is directed by Russia's external intelligence agency, the SVR.
Cozy Bear has been widely blamed for meddling in the American elections won by Republican President Donald Trump.
Despite Trump's vehement denials of working with the Russians, his White House is now under investigation for possible collusion by special prosecutor Robert Mueller.
The information provided by the Dutch was "relevant material" to Mueller's team, Volkskrant said.
In the past eight months, members of Trump's campaign, family and White House staff have all been interviewed, and four indictments have been issued, with two guilty pleas as the investigation has spiralled closer to Trump himself.
A spokeswoman for the AIVD refused to confirm the Dutch media reports, telling AFP "we never comment on operations."
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov however dismissed the reports Friday, saying Moscow had "never heard or seen anything about such allegations from the Dutch secret services".
"If Dutch newspapers want to throw oil on the fire of the anti-Russian hysteria in the United States, that's not the most dignified of activities," Peskov told reporters.
He added it was "not the best thing" to believe what was in Dutch newspapers.
- 'Information goldmine' -

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/...democrats-report/article/513197#ixzz58RPaDUOe

Back