Garden...

Picked about 2 gal of hot peppers and a couple handfuls of lemon and regular cukes this a.m. I need to do something with. Will pickle them I guess.

Dug the rest of the potatoes yesterday. Not great, not a complete bust on those. Been very dry awhile.

Planted some more second harvest plants this week. The second planting of green beans are up a couple inches and the Zuchinni and squash are up and putting out their first true leaves.

globe tomatoes are finally giving out between the heat and the deer. Cherries are just starting to ripen up.

Forecast has T-storms for next several days. I hope at least one of them brings in some soaking rain.

Picked about 2 gal of hot peppers and a couple handfuls of lemon and regular cukes this a.m. I need to do something with. Will pickle them I guess.

Dug the rest of the potatoes yesterday. Not great, not a complete bust on those. Been very dry awhile.

Planted some more second harvest plants this week. The second planting of green beans are up a couple inches and the Zuchinni and squash are up and putting out their first true leaves.

globe tomatoes are finally giving out between the heat and the deer. Cherries are just starting to ripen up.

Forecast has T-storms for next several days. I hope at least one of them brings in some soaking rain.

Same here! Getting tired of watering before work every day.

We did get a fair rain overnight. I would rather it have been over a longer period than it was, but beggars can't be choosers.
We're going to get rain for about 4 or 5 days. I hope this isn't a 'be careful what you wish for' scenario.

I need a rain as well. My stuff is winding up though, and it is time for me to go back to work. Got three meetings next week. I still have some peas, okra, a few tomatoes and some squash. Won’t have time to do much from here till winter.

This morning's adventures. First mushroom haul of the season; some soul-soothing time at the beach just below us. Life is good!

YskkRSx.jpg

m1r5qVJ.jpg

Althea, if you have any spare rain, pls feel free to send it up here!

Canned 15 quarts of Whippoorwill peas today. If I don’t get some rain soon my garden is finished. That’s ok though because I started back to work Tuesday.

Canned 15 quarts of Whippoorwill peas today. If I don’t get some rain soon my garden is finished. That’s ok though because I started back to work Tuesday.

We have had at least some rain every day this week finally. Wheelbarrow was full but that came from a couple days that had massive rain in a very short window so a lot of it ran off. Still better than nothing.

We have had at least some rain every day this week finally. Wheelbarrow was full but that came from a couple days that had massive rain in a very short window so a lot of it ran off. Still better than nothing.

I can sure relate. Weather patterns are super weird these days. Our rainfall up here has been sporadic and devastating at the same time. But there's no climate change! Chinese hoax!!! lol

I can sure relate. Weather patterns are super weird these days. Our rainfall up here has been sporadic and devastating at the same time. But there's no climate change! Chinese hoax!!! lol

Weather changes. Climate changes. Still not as hot today as it was during the hunter stone age. Science should tell you already that humans will be extincted. The whens and whys are just details.

About finished canning for the year. Will probably make some more jelly and when the pears come off this fall I’ll can some mincemeat. Will have the occasional mess of fish to can. Should be ready for the year.

288mm0w.jpg

Got home from KY last Friday. The bugs are about to carry my garden off. Squash bugs all over my squash plants, some little iridescent green-back bug sucking the sap (and thus the life) out of my cucumbers, ants invading my okra...it’s the invasion of the insects! Oh, and the rabbits had eaten about 1/4 of my green beans.

I dispatched the rabbit with my Ruger Airhawk pellet gun yesterday morning before going to church and have a jar with a little gasoline in it and have started picking the bugs off my squash plants and have used some liquid Sevin on my cucumbers (its several weeks before they start bearing).

IT’S FARGIN WAR!!!

Humanity against the natural world.

Weather changes. Climate changes. Still not as hot today as it was during the hunter stone age. Science should tell you already that humans will be extincted. The whens and whys are just details.

We can't help ourselves, we'll chase profit margin growth to infinity regardless.

About finished canning for the year. Will probably make some more jelly and when the pears come off this fall I’ll can some mincemeat. Will have the occasional mess of fish to can. Should be ready for the year.

288mm0w.jpg

The damn Chipmunks, etc always eat all the pears from our tree. I need to get a big container of cayenne, and litter the ground around it with the stuff. For some reason they seem to like them when they are only so far along, and not as ripe.

The #$&@ Chipmunks, etc always eat all the pears from our tree. I need to get a big container of cayenne, and litter the ground around it with the stuff. For some reason they seem to like them when they are only so far along, and not as ripe.

We have three pear trees and they’re loaded most years. They’re just the rough Bartlett variety but they taste great. This year the harvest will be down because of a late freeze last Spring but we still should have plenty. We just won’t have as many to give to the neighbors.

We have three pear trees and they’re loaded most years. They’re just the rough Bartlett variety but they taste great. This year the harvest will be down because of a late freeze last Spring but we still should have plenty. We just won’t have as many to give to the neighbors.

We used to have a small lots worth of raspberry canes. Mom would pick, and sell to the local organic mart. Then she found out she was allergic to bees, and we let people have the canes. What I really want, is to see about growing something I've grown to love traveling out west, called chokecherries. I bought all sorts of Chokecherry goodies on vacation, from honey, preserves, and even liqueur.

Got home from KY last Friday. The bugs are about to carry my garden off. Squash bugs all over my squash plants, some little iridescent green-back bug sucking the sap (and thus the life) out of my cucumbers, ants invading my okra...it’s the invasion of the insects! Oh, and the rabbits had eaten about 1/4 of my green beans.

I dispatched the rabbit with my Ruger Airhawk pellet gun yesterday morning before going to church and have a jar with a little gasoline in it and have started picking the bugs off my squash plants and have used some liquid Sevin on my cucumbers (its several weeks before they start bearing).

IT’S FARGIN WAR!!!

Two tablespoons of sevin dust in a quart of water with some dish soap. Spray it on.

IT’S FARGIN WAR!!!

Did you eat the rabbit?

Back