Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: So Why The Double Standard?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    You stir up shit, and then capitulate. The definition of a loser.
    you stirred up shit. i capitulated nothing. there is no need to capitulate when the evidence against you is so overwhelming that your denial makes you look ridiculous.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #32 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    kiss my ass. do your own fucking research troll.
    Translation: SmarterThanFew's mouth wrote a check his ass can't cash.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

It's not racism because the objects of the word, share a context and a history that you could never share. It makes them equals...whereas whites used the word to demean and to depreciate human beings. Are you serious? You think a black saying the word and a white saying the word is the same thing? Explain how that could be. And to top it off, you think it's racist for you to be forbidden to use the word. Explain a context in which using the word would be respectful, appropriate, or innocuous being used by a white person.
    More white privilege ("I can say, do, think anything, because I'm white), on your part. I'm here to short-circuit that shit.
    What's a "white nigger"?

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by David St. Hubbins View Post
    Why don't you go give it a whirl and let us know how you make out?
    Are you a white nigger?

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

I wouldn't know, as I don't use the word. And I don't approve of the word being used by anyone. You don't get it, obviously. The context, the history, the implication.
    Me, saying it to another black, is a universe apart from you saying it to me. If you can't get that...I can't help you. Why do you feel the need to say it, in the first place? That's the question. I'm roughly 1/6 white, which is more than your 1/16...does that enable me to be a member of the "good ol' boys" club, or to exercise "white privilege"?
    How do you figure you are 1/6th ANYTHING? You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents, 16 great-great grandparents. You can be 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16... I don't comprehend how you could ever be 1/6th, unless there is some pretty kinky shit happening in your family tree. Which of your ancestors was white? Maybe I can help you figure this out?

Back to the argument... I don't feel the need to say the n-word, I was just curious as to whether I could, and not be considered a racist. Does it go by your actual skin color... if you look black enough, it's okay? Or is it your bloodline? And does your bloodline have to be pure? I'm just trying to get my mind around this... you claim it's not a racist and offensive word in some cases, and in other cases it is reprehensible... I'm just trying to figure out where we draw the distinctions?

As for your membership in the good ole boys club.... if you know of such a place and they won't let you join because you are black, the ACLU will be glad to take your case pro bono, as this would be a flagrant violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Also, if you know of any business or institution exercising "white privilege" this can be litigated as well. I wasn't sure you were aware of the new laws, they've only been in effect for the past 47 years.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie - In Memoriam For This Post:

icedancer2theend (10-04-2011)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is anyone here a white nigger?

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Is anyone here a white nigger?
    webbway.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    How do you figure you are 1/6th ANYTHING? You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents, 16 great-great grandparents. You can be 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16... I don't comprehend how you could ever be 1/6th, unless there is some pretty kinky shit happening in your family tree. Which of your ancestors was white? Maybe I can help you figure this out?

Back to the argument... I don't feel the need to say the n-word, I was just curious as to whether I could, and not be considered a racist. Does it go by your actual skin color... if you look black enough, it's okay? Or is it your bloodline? And does your bloodline have to be pure? I'm just trying to get my mind around this... you claim it's not a racist and offensive word in some cases, and in other cases it is reprehensible... I'm just trying to figure out where we draw the distinctions?

As for your membership in the good ole boys club.... if you know of such a place and they won't let you join because you are black, the ACLU will be glad to take your case pro bono, as this would be a flagrant violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Also, if you know of any business or institution exercising "white privilege" this can be litigated as well. I wasn't sure you were aware of the new laws, they've only been in effect for the past 47 years.

Uh oh, Dixie's trying to do math again.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by \(\(=)/)/ View Post
    translation: my trolling didn't get the response i wanted, so i'll try another insult.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #40 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    translation: my trolling didn't get the response i wanted, so i'll try another insult.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post

Since we are doing complicated genetic mathematics... What would you be if 4 of 8 of your Great Grandparents were 1/4 Native American each, one of your Grandparents who were their issue marries a person who is 1/2 Native American... Then your parents meet... And create you?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #42 | Top
    Good girls go to heaven, brazen hussies go everywhere
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    What would you be if 4 of 8 of your Great Grandparents were 1/2 Native American each, two of your Grandparents who were their issue marry people who were 1/2 Native American, your mother was from one of those and she married a person who was 1/2 Native American?
    That's easy.

You'd be 1/3

14. The Following User Says Thank You to brazenhussy For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-04-2011)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 149 Times in 138 Posts

Excuse me? What black people? Gangster rappers? Uneducated "hood rats"? No one in my circles use the word. I condemn anyone that uses it..black people et al. What makes you think that most black people aren't appalled by its' use? Seems like the only ones using it, are the refuse of society, on both or all sides.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brazenhussy View Post
    That's easy.

You'd be 1/3
    Dammit... We all know 1/3 doesn't exist! (For those who haven't been here long this is a longstanding board joke).
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-04-2011)

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Dammit... We all know 1/3 doesn't exist! (For those who haven't been here long this is a longstanding board joke).
    If one of your parents was gay, would that make 1/2 gay?