Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 'What We Owe to Each Other'

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Have you ever wondered why you dream such nonsense or why certain things will create some feeling of dread or happiness or whatever?

Huh? Sorry, pal, but I don't spend time thinking nonsense. must be a liberal asshole thing. Now I think I understand you a little better. LOL
    LOL I should have noted by dream I meant nightly dreams. Personal thoughts need to be clear.

Glad to see this thread has sparked interest, I need to go back and see if the interest goes beyond ad hominem name calling.

As for Tinfoil's comment above that is shown by the failure of conservatives when given the power to attempt to govern, if you thought or tried you'd have a better chance. Nonsense can lead to sense sometimes, try it.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by General Chamberlain View Post
    DQ, if communism had succeeded in the USSR, no one would be running around claiming it wasn't "real." This line of denial about what happened there only sets the world up for another outbreak of communism in the future.
    If capitalism had been successful no one would be talking about communism. You do read history? Or phrased another way, if capitalism were successful we never know about that great depression thing.

Check my republican ideology thread.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I left a reply at that location.

Regarding your view of spinning the problem lies with your inability to comprehend what I write. Do try to put in a bit more effort.
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Massively ironic post by Apple, showing his spin attempt; will always be a massively ironic post.
    Another glaring example of your lack of reading comprehension abilities. It's baffling why you insist on frequently showcasing it.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    I left a reply at that location.

Regarding your view of spinning the problem lies with your inability to comprehend what I write. Do try to put in a bit more effort.
    The proof is there and you'll do exactly as I said you will.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another glaring example of your lack of reading comprehension abilities. It's baffling why you insist on frequently showcasing it.
    You screwed up, are attempting to save face, will attempt to change your behavior, and will return to doing exactly the same spins you've always done.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You screwed up, are attempting to save face, will attempt to change your behavior, and will return to doing exactly the same spins you've always done.
    You're more confused than I thought and I can assure you I will not be changing. I prefer to deal in logic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to apple0154 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-03-2012)

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're more confused than I thought and I can assure you I will not be changing. I prefer to deal in logic.
    When you finally make that decision, to deal logically, please let everyone know.
    I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated and a short lived situation.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When you finally make that decision, to deal logically, please let everyone know.
    I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated and a short lived situation.
    As soon as you comprehend what is meant by "equal time" let me know and, perhaps, we can continue the discussion.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As soon as you comprehend what is meant by "equal time" let me know and, perhaps, we can continue the discussion.
    Why would I want to have a discussion with someone who uses a phrase, doesn't know what it means, and then backpedals, in an attempt to save face.
    I said you would go back to your old ways and I was right.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why would I want to have a discussion with someone who uses a phrase, doesn't know what it means, and then backpedals, in an attempt to save face.
    I said you would go back to your old ways and I was right.

What phrase are you talking about?

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What phrase are you talking about?
    I see your short term memory is allready protecting you from your backpedaling.

Your theme song is playing:
    "Here we go round in circles"

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

actually, the usually operative axiom of just plain getting stuff done is "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Your phrase "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need" presumes the existence of a totalitarian arbiter, thats why totalitrians like it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

Damocles (03-01-2012), USFREEDOM911 (02-24-2012)

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see your short term memory is allready protecting you from your backpedaling.

Your theme song is playing:
    "Here we go round in circles"
    Here's another one for you

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see no substantive debate from the right, the brain picture is a bunch of meaningless assumptions. If a post has answered the question 'what we owe each other' or why we owe each other nothing or little, please direct me to the post.

"Something is profoundly wrong with the way we live today. For thirty years we have made a virtue out of the pursuit of material self-interest: indeed, this very pursuit now constitutes whatever remains of our sense of collective purpose. We know what things cost but have no idea what they are worth. We no longer ask of a judicial ruling or a legislative act: is it good? Is it fair? Is it just? Is it right? Will it help bring about a better society or a better world? Those used to be the political questions, even if they invited no easy answers. We must learn once again to pose them." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'