Thread: Cop who arrested black scholar is profiling expert

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I didn't see anything where they said that THE OFFICERS behavior was "regrettable and unfortunate".
    The said the incident and the Prof was an instrumental part of the incident.

You and the rest of the enablers are only looking for excuses to forgive the Prof's behavior and the redefining appears to be coming from you.
    Gates needs no excuse for being an acomplished innocent citizen .. AND, AND, AND .. he needs no excuse for the false charge which was immediately DROPPED.

The only ones looking for excuses is the cop and those who defend him.

Imagine arresting someone and the charge gets immediately DROPPED.

Who needs excuses?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    NO, HELL NO, I do not.

The professor does not work for the police department .. the police department works for him and he helps pay them with his taxes.

This cop knew the environment in which he was working .. even to the point of him being a profiling instructor.

WHY DO YOU THING A PROFILING INSTRUCTOR IS NEEDED? Missing from your argument is the justification for the anger, resentment, and mistrust of the police that is shared by people of color. If the police show up at my house and I know no crime has been committed .. why in the fuck are you here.

Are you willing to bet that his department hasn't already told him that he could have handled this situation better? Are you aware that a similar incident occured in the same area invoiling this department and another professional African-American .. which precipitated the need for a goddamn "profiling instructor?"

Knowing this as this officer did .. was it smart to escalate this victimless incident any further .. especially after he found out who this person was?

The bottom line is that the charges were dropped with the quickness .. THUS validating the obvious .. it was a stupid thing to do.
    1. Your first sentence has nothing to do with the matter at hand; because they work for the ENTIRE community and part of their job is to investigate reported criminal activity, which they did.

2. And the Prof also was aware of how things were, so maybe he should have been a little more civil; instead of escalating a situation that you're saying allready existed

3. This would appear to be your problem and the problem of anyone that thinks like you do. It's not the problem of the Police. Own you own.

4. Do you have any proof and one time does not make something a common practice.

5. Why did the Prof escalate this vicimless situation and just comply??

6. Charges were probably dropped; because the Prof apologized for acting like an idiot.

Unless you have something that PROVES your suppostions, regarding the Prof, that's all they are.
    Suppositions and aren't proof of anything.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Stepping back, it boggles the mind that there is this much dispute over whether it was appropriate to arrest a black man at his house for being uppity, let alone whether the arrest was "stupid."

I'm not inclined to discuss this much further.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If he was "exploiting it for his own gain" why wouldn't he do it?

Did he call the police to his house?

Surely that must be what you're implying.
    HEY, you may be onto something.

Using supposition, he probably did call them to his own house (by having an accomplise to it) and then exploited the situation to his supposed advantage.

Thanks for throwing this out there.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

1. Your first sentence has nothing to do with the matter at hand; because they work for the ENTIRE community and part of their job is to investigate reported criminal activity, which they did.

2. And the Prof also was aware of how things were, so maybe he should have been a little more civil; instead of escalating a situation that you're saying allready existed

3. This would appear to be your problem and the problem of anyone that thinks like you do. It's not the problem of the Police. Own you own.

4. Do you have any proof and one time does not make something a common practice.

5. Why did the Prof escalate this vicimless situation and just comply??

6. Charges were probably dropped; because the Prof apologized for acting like an idiot.

Unless you have something that PROVES your suppostions, regarding the Prof, that's all they are.
    Suppositions and aren't proof of anything.
    Ain't my job to make you smarter.

You can believe whatever you choose to believe but you look foolish talking about "suppositions" when you have no proof that Gates apologized at all.

DO YOU?

The charges were dropped because they were unfounded and an embarrassment to the department.

But believe whatever you choose.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Gates needs no excuse for being an acomplished innocent citizen .. AND, AND, AND .. he needs no excuse for the false charge which was immediately DROPPED.

Who needs excuses?
    Now I can see what the problem is.
    It's your DEFINITIONS.

If they were dropped IMMIDEDIATLY, then why did it take at least 4 hours.

You're just an apoligist for anything that a Black person does and a racist if someone other then color is involved.

I really do feel sorry for you.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    Stepping back, it boggles the mind that there is this much dispute over whether it was appropriate to arrest a black man at his house for being uppity, let alone whether the arrest was "stupid."

I'm not inclined to discuss this much further.
    You're the only one who has mentioned "uppity".

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ain't my job to make you smarter.

You can believe whatever you choose to believe but you look foolish talking about "suppositions" when you have no proof that Gates apologized at all.

DO YOU?

The charges were dropped because they were unfounded and an embarrassment to the department.

But believe whatever you choose.
    Your comments just prove that I now pwn you on this discussion.

You have no proof as to why the charges were dropped, or that they were an embarassment to the department.
    Odd how you KNOW your suppositions are correct; but everyone elses are false.

Come back, when you have PROOF; because until then, your just doing a mental mastrubation on yourself.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Now I can see what the problem is.
    It's your DEFINITIONS.

If they were dropped IMMIDEDIATLY, then why did it take at least 4 hours.

You're just an apoligist for anything that a Black person does and a racist if someone other then color is involved.

I really do feel sorry for you.
    I already know your problem.

Four hours is immediately in a criminal case.

Gates chastises officer after authorities agree to drop criminal charge

Earlier today, the Middlesex district attorney's office announced plans to drop criminal charges against Gates. The City of Cambridge and the police department recommended today that prosecutors not pursue charges in a joint statement from authorities and Gates that called the confrontation "regrettable and unfortunate."

"This incident should not be viewed as one that demeans the character and reputation of professor Gates or the character of the Cambridge Police Department," the statement said. "All parties agree that this is a just resolution to an unfortunate set of circumstances."

NOTE: Didn't say anything about Crowley.

Cambridge Mayor E. Denise Simmons said in a statement that the controversy illustrated "that Cambridge must continue finding ways to address matters of race and class in a frank, honest, and productive manner."
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...s_to_be_d.html

Where is your evidence that Gates apologized?

Believe whatever you want, but Gates and the issue of racial profiling are the winners here.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You have no proof as to why the charges were dropped, or that they were an embarassment to the department.
    Odd how you KNOW your suppositions are correct; but everyone elses are false.

Come back, when you have PROOF; because until then, your just doing a mental mastrubation on yourself.
    Grow the fuck up.

You "pwn" ?

... end of conversation.

Come back when you grow up.

By the way .. as for "feeling sorry for me" .. that's laughable.

What have you accomplished that would make you feel sorry for me?

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Grow the fuck up.

You "pwn" ?

... end of conversation.

Come back when you grow up.

By the way .. as for "feeling sorry for me" .. that's laughable.

What have you accomplished that would make you feel sorry for me?
    We all feel sorry for you in your delusionary sense of self satisfaction.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who needs excuses?
    We shall see upon release of the transcript of the conversation. hopefully they will just release the tape. Then we will know who initiated the hostilities.

Keep in mind, political pressure could also be a factor in why the charges were dropped. To be clear, I am NOT referring to Obama when I say that.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    We shall see upon release of the transcript of the conversation. hopefully they will just release the tape. Then we will know who initiated the hostilities.

Keep in mind, political pressure could also be a factor in why the charges were dropped. To be clear, I am NOT referring to Obama when I say that.

I asked earlier, do you know whether the recording is like a tape recorder in the room recording everything or does it show only when the officer pressed the button to talk?

One tells a whole hell of a lot more than the other. I'd like to know which it is.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    I asked earlier, do you know whether the recording is like a tape recorder in the room recording everything or does it show only when the officer pressed the button to talk?

One tells a whole hell of a lot more than the other. I'd like to know which it is.
    According to the article I posted above, his mike was 'left open during the conversation'. I do not know what all it captured. I would assume this means that it was not a tape recorder in the room, but rather back at the station that captured the conversation.

To be clear, I think the mikes that they 'press the button to talk' into can be left open. I think that is what they are referring to, but the article did not make that perfectly clear. So I am waiting to see what they have.

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post

Political pressure SHOULD have been a part of why the charges were dropped, just as political pressure SHOULD be a part of ending racial profiling and police abuse of people of color.

Being rude to police is not against the law although police officers believe it is .. especially if you're black .. that is if indeed Gates was rude.

ALL the relevant facts are already known .. which is why the case was dropped.