Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This site exists because of ME

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile This site exists because of ME

I was the first person to accuse SR of reading u2u messages, which led to the investigation conducted by Grind and yours truly, and ultimately to the creation of this site. Feel free to thank me.

Note: I am joking.
    "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 3:2)

REPENT AMERICA!

Psalm 9:17 Warning:
    "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Well, I was the first to boycott the other board. You'll also notice that I was the first to join the other board.

My boycott created the demand. Sorry bdw, I get all the credit.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Well, I was the first to boycott the other board. You'll also notice that I was the first to join the other board.

My boycott created the demand. Sorry bdw, I get all the credit.
    LOL... I guess so.

REPENT AMERICA!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

hahahahahahaha!

to the both of you! lol

nanni, nanni, boo hoo...(sung to Ring around the rosies)

care

I really don't know why I am here.....?

hahahahaha!

Thinking back on it....maybe it really was because SR kept insulting me?

Maybe it was because this whole mess caught me off guard, and surprised me?

Maybe it was because I did not think that any of these actions that were done, could harm a soul and were a real good civics lesson for all of us, and on how things really work in politics...very similar to what happened on fullpolitics....and no one should have been banned for any of the actions that took place?

Maybe it was because I really did NOT think it was right for SR to to post the u2u's of others from the site, regardless of what he thought was coup in the making....though, he did apologize for this and said he was wrong?

I really have no idea, the whole thing was just infantile to me....Juvenile at best!

care

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Care4all
    hahahahahahaha!

to the both of you! lol

nanni, nanni, boo hoo...(sung to Ring around the rosies)

care

I really don't know why I am here.....?

hahahahaha!

Thinking back on it....maybe it really was because SR kept insulting me?

Maybe it was because this whole mess caught me off guard, and surprised me?

Maybe it was because I did not think that any of these actions that were done, could harm a soul and were a real good civics lesson for all of us, and on how things really work in politics...very similar to what happened on fullpolitics....and no one should have been banned for any of the actions that took place?

Maybe it was because I really did NOT think it was right for SR to to post the u2u's of others from the site, regardless of what he thought was coup in the making....though, he did apologize for this and said he was wrong?

I really have no idea, the whole thing was just infantile to me....Juvenile at best!

care

I left the other site for one reason only, the u2us. The admin posting private messages.... I couldn't believe it. What a foolish thing for SR to do on an otherwise terrific board.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes Mbl, in the end, that was the real reason I came over here too....that is the bottom line.

Though, call me a pansy, but I do think that SR has "learned a little" from doing that.....I still never read the actual emails that he posted, I refused to do such....

And I was pretty much able to keep up with what was going on without them...

care

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ultimately, though, it was Grind and yours truly who laid the foundations for a Revolution.

REPENT AMERICA!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes Mbl, in the end, that was the real reason I came over here too....that is the bottom line.

Though, call me a pansy, but I do think that SR has "learned a little" from doing that.....I still never read the actual emails that he posted, I refused to do such....

And I was pretty much able to keep up with what was going on without them...

care

SR really needs to deflate his head.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do need to add, that I love Sr's site...it was a great message board, a heck of alot better than politics.com, that's for certain! And much better features....! I miss it already, and probably will end up back there someday after I abstain for a bit...

I like this site too and we seem to be doing fairly well with gathering people and posts, don't you think...? for it just being around for a couple of days?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do need to add, that I love Sr's site...it was a great message board, a heck of alot better than politics.com, that's for certain! And much better features....! I miss it already, and probably will end up back there someday after I abstain for a bit...

I like this site too and we seem to be doing fairly well with gathering people and posts, don't you think...? for it just being around for a couple of days?
    One feature about this site that makes it great is the personal ignore idiots feature that Damo gave us and look I have only had to ignore one idiot so far and he (or she) has already been banned for being an impersonator. Yes that was a hint to SR.

Thanks Damo!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think its doing well too. The good thing is damo doesn't mind input.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shucks guys... Give me ideas. Making this a unique and fun site dealing with politics is the goal. Nothing can make it more unique than people's input on what they actually want...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are da bomb Lady T .... and may I say ... Care .. you are here because you are one of the "Cool" people ..... as rob dawg or dastud would say.....
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles
    Shucks guys... Give me ideas. Making this a unique and fun site dealing with politics is the goal. Nothing can make it more unique than people's input on what they actually want...
    I still think my "rack it" idea is a good one .... if you want me to elaborate on it I will......
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu
    I still think my "rack it" idea is a good one .... if you want me to elaborate on it I will......
    I think the idea is to have a "Trophy Case" for the best Threads and/or Posts...

I've been thinking about this one. I do have a choice to put in the "Reputation" of a poster where each poster can add or take away from the rep of a poster based on their posts... And I believe I could add a feature to give Awards to posts that one could search out... But I haven't figured a way to put them in a special area yet...

The Reputation feature tends to make it so a D or R heavy site gives high rep to their own but people on the lower end have negative rep points and no rep power to give or take from another. Basically I don't want that to happen because it tends to make those on the lower end leave the board for more friendly territory...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle