Thread: METH DEALER GETS A SLAP ON THE WRIST!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default METH DEALER GETS A SLAP ON THE WRIST!

http://www.goedwardsville.com/site/n...d=473648&rfi=6

Guilty plea entered in meth lab case

In March of 2006, Madison County Sheriff's detectives discovered a methamphetamine lab at a house in rural Troy where Ronald Seagraves lived.

On Thursday, federal prosecutors announced that the 35-year-old Seagraves had pleaded guilty to federal drug charges that will land him in prison for 30 years to life.

Seagraves operated meth labs in Fayette, Clinton and Madison counties between May of 2004 and November 2006, according to a news release.

In March of 2006, Madison County Sheriff's deputies found him hiding out in the woods behind his house in the 8000 block of Steele Lane, and local prosecutors later charged him with several drug crimes, including using a surveillance camera to guard his meth lab.

State lawmakers had passed laws in 2005 as part of a law targeting meth production.

Federal prosecutors charged Seagraves with child endangerment because two children - who were 4 and 8 at the time - lived at the home where the meth lab operated.

The lab was discovered after Seagraves' girlfriend told investigators that she believed he was involved in illegal drug activity. Police used a search warrant to seize meth-making equipment, marijuana, more than 15 ecstasy pills, and $5,600 in cash, according to court documents.

Local prosecutors also charged Seagraves with misdemeanor battery for allegedly beating his 35-year-old girlfriend with his fists.

A federal indictment charged Seagraves with conspiracy to manufacture, distribute and possess with intent to distribute 500 or more grams of methamphetamine; possession of products with the intent to manufacture meth; and possession with intent to distribute meth.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kit Morrissey.

Sentencing is set for 9 a.m. on March 28 at the federal courthouse in East St. Louis

Just in case you were wondering, the abuse charges probably account for about 1% of his sentence.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Isn't that your line of work? What are you doing on line? Damn tax dollars going for such incompetence----------hehe

Just kidding.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you think Watermark is a cop?

You've mentioned that a couple of times.
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In March of 2006, Madison County Sheriff's detectives discovered a methamphetamine lab at a house in rural Troy where Ronald Seagraves lived.

On Thursday, federal prosecutors announced that the 35-year-old Seagraves had pleaded guilty to federal drug charges that will land him in prison for 30 years to life.

Gosh dang it! There goes another meth connection.

If anybody knows any meth dealers, please PM me.

God Bless,

Ted

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just thought it was amusing, reading through the charges of abuse and meth dealing, a realising how little time he probably got for beating people up and how much he got for drug charges.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Haggard View Post

Gosh dang it! There goes another meth connection.

If anybody knows any meth dealers, please PM me.

God Bless,

Ted

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Both should be equal in my opinion. Beating someone up is worse than drugs I think. It effects that person. How badly was the person hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    I just thought it was amusing, reading through the charges of abuse and meth dealing, a realising how little time he probably got for beating people up and how much he got for drug charges.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL

Of course beating up someone is worse than drugs.

But if I endangered a child and beat up my wife, I'd probably get 5 years, tops.

The drug charges landed him in jail for life. That's the logic of the drug war. There are violent rapists who are put in jail for less time than poor addicted crack dealers. Who do you think is more dangerous? Someone who's supplying something that is going to be supplied anyway, or a rapist?